1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

5.5... repeating. out of 5.

The pink one is finally amusing after her spirit has been broken....

Moral: All of you Friends are crazy.... And some them are Terrifying.

Those are the one's that you should keep the closest. Because they will ***** a pony right up the **** in a dark castle on a ****** Hill in a ******* forest where no pony can here there screams.

PS: Her mane looks so much nicer that way.

Edited by blackstarraven

• 6 months later...

This was the episode that really got me into My Little Pony. Before this, I'd only watched some fan animations and even the first two episodes of season one.  At the time, I did enjoy those episodes, but felt the "To Be Continue" format didn't really fit the type of show that this was (mind has changed since on that subject). But this episode put on display the crazier side of MLP, and the somewhat darker side that I've come to really enjoy from the show. 

Seeing Pinkie Pie's somewhat fractured state of mind put her into a very different context and raises a lot of questions. Watching episodes from other seasons regarding her time on the rock farm and with her family, it shows that Pinkie Pie isn't just all balloons and smiles.  I enjoy this kind of character depth, especially when one character can have such conflicting personalities and then how easy they can teeter between the two. 

It kind of reminds me of the episode (don't recall season or name) where Twilight, so desperate for finding a friendship problem to solve, attempted to create friendship problems. That episode also showed that the "leader" of the mane six could possibly have a screw or two loose. 

All that being said, I do tend to enjoy the stranger/darker episodes of My Little Pony as it shows an imperfect Equestria (villains aside). I think part of the reason I became so interested in the show after watching this episode was that it showed me that these characters aren't just cardboard cutouts like some kids shows often have. 

One of the few episodes I can generally say I watched and got hooked on immediately.

Not only was the plot brilliant, well made and just generally enjoyable, it explored a topic which kids probably wont understand, depression, which Pinkie clearly suffered from after believing she was no longer loved by her friend, and the consequences and actions of those with this condition. Also this scene led to the well known Pinkamena.

It also explored Pinkies more serious persona, and I loved that. The normal bundle of laughter, joy and optimism expressed a new side which we werent necessarily familiar with, and I think Hasbro did a brilliant job addressing this episode

• 2 months later...

I cant say much about this Episode, other than i liked it. Also i think Pinkie Pie looks better with her more flat hair style. No, not because of that one creepypasta fic, i just think her normal hairstyle looks weird.

• 4 months later...

Fun episode, though Pinky went down fast. That is a bit scary.

I see some thought it would be a difficult moral about people not always being able to party. I think I would have loved liked that one better.

• 1 month later...

This episode is a classic. Almost every joke hits and the story is pretty strong. This episode delves deep into Pinkie psyche revealing a side of her we've never seen before. It all comes together in a really amazing episode that holds up as one of the best of the series. The only thing to complain about is how contrived Spike's scene was.

Score: 10/10

• 4 months later...

This episode is pretty funny, but it has some issues. The episode is made up of many very long sequences that can get boring like Pinkie going to invite everyone to Gummy's after-birthday party and Pinkie following the mane six around when they're planning the party. There are good jokes through most it, but it can get dull. Pinkie forgetting her own birthday is also very contrived. 

That all said, Pinkie's breakdown is still fantastic and a lot of the jokes are really funny.

Score: 8/10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine favorite episode of the season. Pinkie's mental break down was hilarious and a bit creepy. More so, the sequence of her spying on her friends and then pursues dash was very entertaining as well, with pinkie showing of her skills. It's one of the more memorable episodes of the series in my opinion.

If I had to rank it I would give it 9.5 out of 10.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Ah yes, the first time that we met the infamous Pinkamena!  Yeah, that was amusing, but overall, this one wasn't a favorite of mine.  I know it a fan fav, but I just don't care for these classic "misunderstanding" type episodes of shows where some characters jump to conclusions because others are acting suspiciously.  I just hate that kind of deception and sneaking around type stuff.  I would never do that irl.

• 1 month later...

It’s ok episode, but I do feel bad for Pinkie Pie overthinking and overreacting. When I figured out it was her birthday near the end of the episode. I was like “you remember everyone else’s birthday, but you forgot your own?”

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, PhaseCassandra said:

It’s ok episode, but I do feel bad for Pinkie Pie overthinking and overreacting. When I figured out it was her birthday near the end of the episode. I was like “you remember everyone else’s birthday, but you forgot your own?”

It’s worse because she also forgot Marble Pie’s birthday by extension :D

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved this episode :)

Poor pinkie she's so much busy with throwing parties for everypony else she forgot her own birthday. But she has some got some very good friends :)

• 5 weeks later...

Kinda a tear jerker honestly. I was wrong to hate pinkie before I learned about her character, but I am glad it turned out well in the end! I see where Pinkamena came from, kinda terrifying. 

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Celestia sake, as if Pinkie Pie couldn't get any more loonier that she already is.

This episode to me, really shows Pinkie's role as the party planner of the group. The fact that she went through the trouble of singing a song about inviting her friends really tells you how much effort she puts into making the parties. Plus, I think I have to applaud her for having the endurance to last until the end, cause it looks like she didn't stop once to take a breath or have a glass of water.

On the other side however, I get the feeling that Pinkie can be unnecessarily overdramatic when she interrogated Spike and thought that her friends hated her parties, which I can imagine being enjoyable for some people, but honestly, I'm not one of them. I just find Pinkie acting like she lost her sanity (She probably did a long time ago, but who knows) a bit odd instead of interesting. Also Pinkie's friend's attempts at lying are just a bit painful to hear for me.

Honestly, I'm probably one of those people that doesn't see the appeal in the episode. Pinkie Pie can be eccentric and hilarious if done right, but this is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I don't know, maybe I'm just not the right person for this kind of humor.

Edited by Reality Check

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah yes, this is the episode we can thank for certain fan works. :bea:

Leaving that aside, this is legitimately one of best episodes from Season 1 and I think this also might be my favourite Pinkie episode, unless I'm forgetting something. I love the fact that it went more into her psyche and emotions. We've always seen her being... well, Pinkie Pie and even in other episodes, she always bounced back from things quite easily. I think it was a good way of showing that even the more positive and energetic people can still have negative moments. :)

The episode was pretty fun to watch as well. Pinkie launching her own investigation was quite funny and I liked the progression of the episode. It was so smooth, I didn't even feel the 22 minute length. Anyways, I really enjoyed it. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already.

I'll give this episode a 9/10.  :pinkie: