• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/129-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: The Best Night Ever
Air Date: May 6, 2011
Synopsis: Expectations are high for the Grand Galloping Gala, but when the ponies arrive they find that their individual interests in the Gala are not all they had hoped for.

The grand finale for season one, and the cliff-hanger that left people craving Season 2 back in 2011. This episode was very well-done I thought, and had a variety of singing, excitement, emotion and action all packed into one package. I especially enjoyed watching Dash trying to garnish the attention of best Wonderbolt, Spitfire~ Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 9

This really was a great episode and a really good ending to season 1 I have to say. The part where Fluttershy goes :angry: really made me happy somehow. "You're going to LOVE ME!!!", would've been the best part of the episode in my opinion.

• Brohoof 9

While this was an amazing episode and really showed off what they learned while making the season. It still had an empty feeling like that wasn't a season finale. Don't get me wrong, it was one my more favorite episodes, but it didn't feel like a finale when I watched it for the first time. I was 2 months away from season 2 when I finished.

Edited by Viridi RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 3

i wholeheartedly agree with the popular thought here that Fluttershy going loco was surely an episode highlight... up until that point my fav FS moment was her staring down the cockatrice, but now when i think Fluttershy all i can hear is "you're going to LOVE me"

• Brohoof 1

Meh, not one of my favorites. AJ was neglected most of the mane six in that episode, and I don't really like overrated stuff in the first place, so that kind of dragged this episode down.

I was pretty excited to see Soarin actually speak in it...and learn he certainly loves eating an apple pie without shame. I think the voice actor they chose for Soarin really fits his persona! The episode in itself wasn't so bad, even though I agree with most who said it doesn't feel like a season finale. I think that Rarity stomping the glass slipper was my second favorite part though. No prince charming fretting her again!

• Brohoof 2

Rarity and her "date" (Prince Asshole) I thought was the funniest scenario, and I thought was the most obvious imagery of how "perfect" situations can easily end up being hell. Dash's storyline was boring (a huge disappointment seeing how the Thunderbolts are kind of a comedic like troupe) and I didn't find Fluttershy's scenes rather enjoyable (just rather creepy and very out of character for her). All the rest just had a "meh" plot.

Rarity and her "date" (Prince Asshole) I thought was the funniest scenario, and I thought was the most obvious imagery of how "perfect" situations can easily end up being hell. Dash's storyline was boring (a huge disappointment seeing how the Thunderbolts are kind of a comedic like troupe) and I didn't find Fluttershy's scenes rather enjoyable (just rather creepy and very out of character for her). All the rest just had a "meh" plot.

I agree with you about the scenes with Rarity and Prince Blueblood. She did learn the most out of that episode and was the closest to the theme tie-in or "moral of the story". I will say, however, that I disagree about Rainbowdash's scene only because I think it a positive thing they showed the Wonderbolts in a comedic light. Even celebrities are people who can be very quirky. I think this made the Wonderbolts seem like they could be just like any other pony outside of their talent for speed. In Soarin's case, it made him even more likeable.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man oh man what a fantastic episode.  I reaally love the song that they used in the episode.  The mane six each got a solo part. and that choir wow...just....  wow.  and we got to see another wonderbolt speak.    spitfire already got a few lines in a previous episode.... so it was just wonderful to see another one get a few lines. 

Edited by angels_gal
  • Brohoof 1

The song was awesome. One of my top 3 thus far. As usual, Rainbow's solo was the coolest.Mixed opinions abound for this episode, but it's one of my favorites. Fluttershy did step out of character for a bit which would bother me if it wasn't so brief and the results hilarious. This one had a double lesson I think, the one stated by Twilight, and that longing for something is sometimes more enjoyable an experience than obtaining it. Although Spike got his usual treatment of being brushed off, I'm glad he got an "I told you so" moment and they were forced to admit that he was correct. He deserved it.They were cute in those dresses Rarity designed, but somehow they became seizure-inducing adorable after they got dirty, tattered, and had mussed manes. Twilight was the cutest, as always. :wub:

post-6104-0-54722500-1354252764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Artemis

I agree with Artemis about the meaning of the episode if you have great expectations about somenthing maybe when this somenthing arrives you'll get dissapointed!!very useful in real life too!!!!

• Brohoof 1

this is the first ever ep i seen it turned me in to a brony

pikachu is sparky for me and an chatot chattydash and ditto will be copy that how can i join on the adventure i love pokemon and mlp both together brill so when can i start

i want to be a pikachu i love this pokemon call me chatty or chattydash i will be brill volt tackle all the way or tunder bolt ground types stay away or iron tail will come your way

i want to be a pikachu called chatty i will be awesome but no ground types go away or iron tale will come you way i will look after myself and battle lots pls let me be pika

I watched it, turns out that they didn't have the best night ever! (Though that is probably obvious if you read the summary of the episode)

Teleporting Derpy, anypony? Left side in the first shot, immediate teleport to VIP area next shot. ^.^

Oh and two Soarins in the first shot, and the guards change in the second shot :D

sizo7.png

3PgKS.png

Edited by Flipturn

Been dreaming, I've been waiting, to fly with those great ponies. The Wonderbolts their daring tricks, spinning round and having kicks. Perform for crowds and thousands, they'll shower us ( awesomest voice crackle  /)^3^(\ ) with diamonds. The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the galaaaa.

Made the episode for me ^_^