NavelColt

116 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

On the whole, a good end to the first season of mlp, it was funny, slightly emotional (if you are in the right frame of mine) and just great. The main funny part was when Fluttershy snapped. It was funny because it was unexpected, Fluttershy, angry and raging was compleatly out of charactrer but funny to watch non the less.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished watching this episode for the first time. I thought it was a great way to end the 1st season. It was especially funny to see innocent Fluttershy turn into a psycho. I also liked Spike demanding more donuts at the donut shop.

This episode has my favourite song in the show, and it's also one of my favourite episodes in the show. I love how it's a climactic ending to the season without having to add dozens of new characters, plot twists etc. It's just the mane 6 having fun, it goes wrong, it's completely believable and utterly hilarious! This kind of episode is why I really love Season 1 so much compared to most of Season 3 and some of 2.

The song is instantly memorable, catchy etc, and it sums up all the personalities of the mane 6 in one, RD being a wonderbolts fangirl, AJ only thinking of others, Twilight wanting to talk to her teacher to be more studious etc. The whole episode just really brings the season to a magnificant close. Luff it.

The song and lesson in this episode is amazing. I like how desperate they were to get attention, I mean, it shows a side of the Mane 6 we never get to see.

It was a good episode, one of the best I think so anyway. Its kind of sad, a lot of ponies I have talked with don't like it all that much. Reasons? Not sure, but I sure loved it! Best part is Fluttershy get all mad bro...

One of the best episodes of this season in my opinion.

At first I was worried that everything will end with standard happy ending where everyone reaches their goal and their dreams come true. It would be boring and would have bad impact of the storyline of next season. I had hope that everything will end in disaster - and it did. And fortunately, everything still ended well and amusingly - even if all of this were predictable, it still was done very decently and I watched it very pleasantly.

The most surprised me when Fluttershy went mad because of the animals. It was so inconsistent with her special talent - but this can be explained by the fact that she was very stressed out - and that's why she failed.

The saddest scene - somehow saddened me the most the scene showing Pinkie Pie standing alone at the table disappointed because the party isn't as funny as she expected. I don't know why but I felt sorry for her most of all six.

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was a pretty good episode.  I really liked it.

But what bothers me was that Princess Celestia said that that was the best GGG ever.

img-1405325-1-huh.png

So you're telling me that the GGG every year prior was worse?  I know that she said that it's always awful, but how the hay do you get WORSE than all the pillars in Canterlot Castle falling over, everypony being super pissed off, and a raid of angry animals coming in and chasing everypony out?  (Even Fluttershy hit her breaking point XD.  She was having a mental breakdown!).  Surely in every other GGG, Celestia didn't have to tell everyone to "Run".

YOU CALL THAT THE BEST GGG EVER?img-1405325-2-angry.png

Okay, I guess I shouldn't go too deep into this subject, especially considering I have no idea what happened at the other ones.  But it still seems a bit of a stretch.

(If you have any disagreements about my opinion, a reply is much appreciated, and I would be more than happy to debate with you)

/)

Celestia has lived for centuries. She's practically bored with the whole same old formal GGG scene.

It was Celestia's opinion and everyone in high society will just yes-pony on every word she says.

Edited by Singe

Celestia has lived for centuries. She's practically bored with the whole same old formal GGG scene.

It was Celestia's opinion and everyone in high society will just yes-pony on every word she says.

I am sorry but that makes her a bad leader. Just becuase the mane six are more nice than the nobles doesnt give them the right to ruin their night. Celestia should atleast scolded the mane six for what they did

I am sorry but that makes her a bad leader. Just becuase the mane six are more nice than the nobles doesnt give them the right to ruin their night. Celestia should atleast scolded the mane six for what they did.

The Mane 6 are more free to be themselves rather than be constrained to a high soceity standard. Luna is allowed to cut loose while Celestia is generally required to be ladylike.

It was Celestia's party in her palace and she is allowed to decide what goes on. Canterlot Ponies generally suck up to Celestia and will not go against her on anything.

Celestia will not scold them since she admits that this was something she wanted them to do this at the party.

Celestia might secretly want the way of life in Canterlot to change which would allow her to be more loose.

Edited by Singe

The Mane 6 are more free to be themselves rather than be constrained to a high soceity standard. Luna is allowed to cut loose while Celestia is generally required to be ladylike.

It was Celestia's party in her palace and she is allowed to decide what goes on. Canterlot Ponies generally suck up to Celestia and will not go against her on anything.

Celestia will not scold them since she admits that this was something she wanted them to do this at the party.

Celestia might secretly want the way of life in Canterlot to change which would allow her to be more loose.

Even if it was her party and all she could have atleast showed pity torward the Nobles for the stuff the mane six have put them through

Also She should have atleast apologized to the nobles for what happened. Just because they are mindless sheeps doesnt give her the right to take advantage of them

Even if it was her party and all she could have atleast showed pity torward the Nobles for the stuff the mane six have put them through

Also She should have atleast apologized to the nobles for what happened. Just because they are mindless sheeps doesnt give her the right to take advantage of them

If she didn't truly feel that she should have apologized, wouldn't that have just been sucking up on her part?

A fantastic episode and a great way to end the first season!

It's one of my personal favorite episodes in the series, and the song that goes along with it is just amazing!

Also, Fluttershy really shows her dark self in this episode.

• Brohoof 2

If she didn't truly feel that she should have apologized, wouldn't that have just been sucking up on her part?

Whether she felt like it or not she should have apologized. not because they are nobles, but because hernguests ruint their night.

Pinkie Pie: Went to a classy party acting like its a collage party

Applejack: what she did was like bringing hotdogs to a wedding

Fluttershy: She has a lot of animals yet she stalks The Gala animals Like she has no friends

Rainbow Dash: There is no harn in trying to impress the Wonderbolts but she harmed some guests in process

Rarity: She called out someone she just met because he dint act the way she wanted him to act

The rules for apologizing in FIM is to either feel guilty for doing it or if someone can prove you are guilty. Celestia feels neither guilty and no one can prove she was the mastermind that set the whole thing up.

She doesn't even apologize to Twilight for the wedding thing.

The Mane 6 shouldn't be expected to cater to the high class ponies given that they are the guardians of Equestria.

Edited by Singe

The rules for apologizing in FIM is to either feel guilty for doing it or if someone can prove you are guilty. Celestia feels neither guilty and no one can prove she was the mastermind that set the whole thing up.

She doesn't even apologize to Twilight for the wedding thing.

Even if it wasnt her fault she shouldnt have laughed at the nobles and acted like their a bunch of pets.

Even if it wasnt her fault she shouldnt have laughed at the nobles and acted like their a bunch of pets.

Even though Celestia invited them expecting them to change it up, she's still not responsible for whatever they do and has no place to tell them how they should act. Just like the high class ponies have no place to tell the Mane 5 how they should act.

If Celestia wanted them to act a certain way, she would have advised them ahead of time prior to the GGG.

Even though Celestia invited them expecting them to change it up, she's still not responsible for whatever they do and has no place to tell them how they should act. Just like the high class ponies have no place to tell the Mane 5 how they should act.

If Celestia wanted them to act a certain way, she would have advised them ahead of time prior to the GGG.

Even though I agree everyone should act hoe they want to. The Mane six did more than that, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie touched some guests without their permission. Rarity called out someone in puplic while she could just said something like "I am sorry but this isnt working out". Fluttershy Was acting like a physco. only AJ and Twilight did not bother anyone

Even though I agree everyone should act hoe they want to. The Mane six did more than that, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie touched some guests without their permission. Rarity called out someone in puplic while she could just said something like "I am sorry but this isnt working out". Fluttershy Was acting like a physco. only AJ and Twilight did not bother anyone

Well Rarity was in her right to yell at the prince since he touched her, put her in front of the cake, and was humiliated by it.

If the nobles want an apology, then they can bring it up with Celestia to get them to apologize.

Well Rarity was in her right to yell at the prince since he touched her, put her in front of the cake, and was humiliated by it.

If the nobles want an apology, then they can bring it up with Celestia to get them to apologize.

Thats like saying uf a teacher saw A student making fun of another student and doesnt do anything about it because The student must come to the teacher first.

Thats like saying uf a teacher saw A student making fun of another student and doesnt do anything about it because The student must come to the teacher first.

That be more of the guards' problem since they did nothing when all of the mess was happening. No proof Celestia told them to turn a blind eye.

• 1 month later...

mlpfim_ep2612.png

The last episode of Season 1, "The Best Night Ever" is undoubtedly one of the most important episodes in MLP: FiM history!  Whether or not the show would leave viewers wanting more after the end of Season 1 very much hinged on how well this first season finale did, and it most certainly did not disappoint in every single way imaginable.  So, let's look at what makes "The Best Night Ever"... well, the best night ever. wink.png

So first off, the animation was probably the best we'd seen in the series thus far.  This episode has dozens, if not hundreds of ponies (and despite the fact that they reuse a number of character models it's still undeniably impressive), introduces about five new supporting characters (Spitfire and Soarin in their first (and the latter's only) talking role, Prince Blueblood, Donut Joe, and Mr. Greenhooves), and some amazing sights throughout!  This is the first episode where we get extensive action in Canterlot itself, and the royal city and castle look simply spectacular (bonus points for having the first Canterlot episode take place at night, definitely introducing a location in a nighttime episode).  Overall, this episode once and for all confirmed that not only did Studio B's animators passionately care about improving their artwork as best they could and pushing themselves to the limit, but that Flash animation really can look gorgeous and is not just be a cheap way to skimp on animation effort and costs.

At_the_Gala_-_main_cast_singing_S01E26.p

Yes, we know, we all do indeed look FABULOUS!!! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png 

Second, the music as usual is great, and this was actually one of only two times in Season 1 that all of the Mane 6 sing together in an ensemble, in the lovely number "At the Gala".  While I prefer "Winter Wrap Up's" catchy tune to "At the Gala", there's no denying that this song was incredibly important to MLP: FiM, namely in that it showed that not only was Daniel Ingram willing to go outside the box for children's music and put together numbers that you would never expect to find on a children's show (the song has a 20-person choir along with solo parts for each one of the Mane 6, and is a sound alike for Stephen Sondheim's "Ever After" from the musical "Into The Woods".  DAYUM!!! ohmy.png), but that viewers young and old could be sold this variety in music, because frankly, everyone and their cousin absolutely loved this song when it debuted!!!  Pinkie's "Pony Pokey" song is also tons of fun, but musically "At the Gala" has proven to be one of the most important contributions to MLP: FiM canon, and is definitely one of my personal favorite songs in the entire show! biggrin.png

16814__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-das

Remember, the only way to enter a formal state event is while performing a spontaneous, perfectly orchestrated musical-number along with friends and total strangers.  EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!!! derpy_emoticon2.png 

Third, the humor as usual is spot on.  It certainly varies from pony to pony; while some have funnier experiences than others, they all at some point have their own moments and are hilarious in their own ways.  For me, Fluttershy especially steals the spotlight; her descent into a raging inferno of love for all woodland critters that simply will not be denied I'm sure caught a lot of viewers off guard and is a hilarious curve ball, much like Pinkie Pie's similar descent into insanity in the previous episode.  Other notable comedic bits include Rarity's terrible night with Canterlot's resident Prince of Douchery himself, the much loathed Prince Blueblood, and Pinkie Pie's desperate attempts to get her kind of party going at the Grand Galloping Gala!

Finally, the story and theme are the perfect cap to the first season in every way.  While this finale has probably less in the way of momentous events than any of the other season openers or finales in any season of MLP, that's part of what makes it so good and important.  The reason that the Season 1 opener needed to be so momentous was because it established that there could potentially be a larger mythology and universe to this pony world.  The reason that the Season 2 and Season 3 openers and finales have been so momentous is because they could be, that door was opened and very much viable to the makers of the show.  But the Season 1 finale needed to achieve something that the others haven't had to achieve.  It needed to show that viewers could simply be enraptured by MLP: FiM just by stories about friendship alone.  It didn't need big action, a big villain, or some huge revelation or change to be an amazing episode.  All it is is the payoff that this whole season was building up to; a night that each one of the Mane 6 had been looking forward to for most of the season (since Episode 2 actually), but turned out far differently than any of them expected.  Just as the episode itself didn't need to be the most grandiose season finale ever, the Mane 6 themselves learn that they didn't need the night to go exactly as they expected for it to be the best night ever.  All they needed in the end was each other's company, which they'd come to love and appreciate so much as Season 1 progressed (though to be honest Twilight technically gets what she wanted all along since Princess Celestia hangs out with all of them at the end... dry.png  greedy main characters always get everything they want).  In the end, all that the episode really does is reaffirm just how important the Mane 6's friendships are to each and every one of them, and ultimately that's all it needs to do; audiences worldwide loved it and the finale's success secured the future of MLP through another season which would build off of the first season's success and treat us to even bigger and better episodes, stories, characters, music, and animation!

It is for these reasons that, for me, "The Best Night Ever" is not only one of the best episodes in all of MLP: FiM, but also the greatest episode of Season 1!  To this day it has its own unique place in MLP: FiM canon, and is definitely an episode worthy of many, many rewatches!  This brings to a close my Season 1 episode reviews; I hope those of you who've taken the time to read them have found them helpful and insightful in some small way.  Season 2, here I come!!! derpy_emoticon1.png

the_best_night_ever_by_th3animefreak-d4a

vsTALhM.png Thank you all my little trolls for helping me ruin everypony in Canterlot's big night.  Who wants more donuts?! derpy_emoticon1.png 

Well at least somepony got what they wanted out of that night. yay.png

• Brohoof 1

Geez, fluttershy became mrs.loco in the course of 10 minutes...I love it!!! Considering that Pinkie also sang a song during the episode it made the whole thing worth it, but I have to sa, I'm kinda depressed it wasn't a 2 parter.

• 4 weeks later...