NavelColt

115 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This was seriously one of my favorite episodes (so far!)  It had some of the best music I've seen in the show, and I really enjoyed all of the subplots and how they fit together.  The Cinderella references made me laugh pretty hard, especially when the mice/horse things ran off into the woods.  I wonder what happened to those things... ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Prince Blueblood is ever going to make a second appearance in the show. If I understand correctly, this was the only episode he was in, unless he was in another episode that I don't remember. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite episodes ever, shows how you shouldn't over-expect stuff. I feel bad the Mane 6 had a terrible time.

At least they tried to make the best of it, I would of just ragequitted.

• Brohoof 1

Needless to say, this episode was my second favorite in the first season.. And everypony had to love when Fluttershy snapped. That's what actually made me love this specific episode. :wub:

I agree with Artemis about the meaning of the episode if you have great expectations about somenthing maybe when this somenthing arrives you'll get dissapointed!!very useful in real life too!!!!

Eeyup, you got that right. Happens to me all the time.

Edited by Pheedy

• 2 weeks later...

After watching all of the other episodes, I feel that this was a great ending to season 1. With the morale of the story being don't set your goals or have your expectations too high, or else you could be the one with dissapointment in the end. That is definitely something that can be applied in real life as well. Combine that with a series of solo songs and performances from each character and you have a great season finisher! My personal favorites were Rainbow Dash's performance at the Gala, Fluttershy's mental breakdown towards the end (lol thinking about it now, "COME OUT!!" "That's what it's all about! XD), and Celestia even saying how horrible the Gala was haha. It left me very pleased.

This episode was pretty darn good, especially since its a 1 part finale, and I love how they actually went through with continuity from episode 3. This shocked me at first when I first watched it seeing the cartoon put all this continuity in it.

Not to mention "At the Gala" is one great song :D. Probably one of the best in S1.

It stayed true to everything from episode 3 and from episode 14(Keeping the dresses) and it was just overall pretty entertaining. Not much to critique really.

Theres also the "YOUR GOING TO LOVE ME" from Fluttershy which is awesome Xd. Great episode overall :).

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought this is the "don't expect prom to be amazing" episode.  Not quite sure how that fits with the target demographic, however.

Oh, and the song is good, too.

Title: The Best Night Ever

Air Date: May 6, 2011

Synopsis: Expectations are high for the Grand Galloping Gala, but when the ponies arrive they find that their individual interests in the Gala are not all they had hoped for.

The grand finale for season one, and the cliff-hanger that left people craving Season 2 back in 2011. This episode was very well-done I thought, and had a variety of singing, excitement, emotion and action all packed into one package. I especially enjoyed watching Dash trying to garnish the attention of best Wonderbolt, Spitfire~

I thought this episode was AMAZING. It really kind of starts the whole "Flutterb****" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked this episode. Purely because I just feel like I've been there. I can't explain HOW many times I've had something planned go wrong. When I saw this episode, I was able to easily relate to it, and I like how the Mane 6's reactions were rather believable and negative, but later they cheered up once it was over.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this episode... and it was AMAZING!!!

I loved the musical at the beginning, but it doesn't NEARLY compare to "Winter Wrap Up"!

"You're... going... TO LOVE ME!!!"

~Fluttershy angry.png

This episode was a pretty good episode.  I really liked it.

But what bothers me was that Princess Celestia said that that was the best GGG ever.

huh.png

So you're telling me that the GGG every year prior was worse?  I know that she said that it's always awful, but how the hay do you get WORSE than all the pillars in Canterlot Castle falling over, everypony being super pissed off, and a raid of angry animals coming in and chasing everypony out?  (Even Fluttershy hit her breaking point XD.  She was having a mental breakdown!).  Surely in every other GGG, Celestia didn't have to tell everyone to "Run".

YOU CALL THAT THE BEST GGG EVER?angry.png

Okay, I guess I shouldn't go too deep into this subject, especially considering I have no idea what happened at the other ones.  But it still seems a bit of a stretch.

(If you have any disagreements about my opinion, a reply is much appreciated, and I would be more than happy to debate with you)

/)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my all time favorite episodes. But one thing I really wished, is that there was some kind of aftermath. Like if the comic existed back then, I would've loved for there to be a mini issue on what happened after the Gala. I used to have all kinds of fancy scenarios, but I've forgotten them.

Another thing I loved is how when you actually analyze their objectives, It's actually pretty comical.

Applejack wants to solicit Apples at a public event with free food

Fluttershy is socially awkward

Pinkie wants to turn a formal gathering into a rave

Twilight has very low goals

Rainbow Dash is an attention horse and best of all

Rarity wants to get laid.

Also, I really felt bad about Rarity and Blue blood especially, so I made up the headcanon that Blueblood isn't naturally an A-hole he just wants her to learn that she can't select her men because of their prestige.

• Brohoof 2

I recently just finished running through S1 and after seeing this...biggrin.png  It was a very fitting ending to S1 in my opinion. It was kind of boring for me in the beginning, but when all their plans started to fall apart it got interesting. I expected to see something along the lines of that happening in the episode and it pulled that off quite nicely. Even though any episode with psychotic Fluttershy instantly gets my approval. Seeing her get so riled up was very entertaining. I would love to see just a bit more of that. Also, the whole thing between Rarity and Blueblood definitely had some moments where it made me just stare at the d-baggery in awe with my jaw open. 

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I loved the bit near the end of the episode with Spike. 

"Sir, don't you think you've had enough." 

laugh.png'd.

Spike may not be my favourite character, but some of the scenes he is in crack me up. Of course, Spike didn't actually say that line, but I love the reference to drunkenness.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This was a great episode, among the best.

This episode reminds us all to never anger Fluttershy, in particular, the wildlife is reminded of this.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle