apple jack makes only one sale

pinkie pie cant party

twilight cant talk to the princess

rarity has a vain boy

rainbow cant hang out with the wonder bolts

fluttershy  cant meet the animals

I wonder what would of happen if it dident happen

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this episode was really interesting and It was a good finale to end the first season  :wub:  

But I'm interested to see what the previous Gala's were like. I mean Celestia did say that nights were always a disaster XD

But all in all it was great episode to bring the first season home  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Good episode in general I really enjoyed it.

Pros

Rainbow dash begging for attention

Finally the grand galloping gala

Cons

So predicatble

Ahh we all think its great but in reality in everything it's not

6/10

Too predictable

The Grand Galloping Gala was built up throughout season one - first with The Ticket Master and then again in Suited for Success. It was an event that loomed overhead throughout the season, one that the ponies and viewers alike anticipated. And I think everyones' hopes being dashed was a move of pure brilliance.

I think my favorite part (surprise, surprise) was Rarity's horrible date with Blueblood. Seeing Rarity grow impatient with the prince's more superficial qualities is a fun callback to some of the complaints Applejack directed at her earlier in the season. This all culminates in one of my favorite bits from the season:

Perfect.

Speaking of Applejack, though, I really enjoyed her brief shared scene with Rarity at her food stand. Offering Rarity a free snack seemed like a small gesture, but to me it was a reminder of how far the two of them have come since Look Before You Sleep, reinforcing how much closer their friendship is now.

It may not have been the grand adventure we've come to expect from season-enders, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What more to say then... The Best Night Ever (kinda... not really... but funny).... I really wanted to give Fluttershy a hug when she got upset about the animals.

Also somepony needs to knock Blue outside the head... even if Rarity is at the bottom for my favorite of the Mane6... I still like her.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly think the moral of the story is very applicable to real life. Even if a highly anticipated event goes pear shaped, you can still count on your friends to make it less of a buzzkill and even fun!<3<3 :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

But I honestly could relate to this. Like alot.

-xXOpTiCxCh33sY

P.S. pic unrelated

post-23795-0-80144100-1392347729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cheesythumbs

• 3 weeks later...

At the Gala is one of my favorite songs from the series so far. I also loved the way everything dominoes near the end with AJ's cake and Pinkies partying and one of the best Fluttershy faces  :angry:  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I admire Applejack and her attempt to sell her edibles. She had a great start, selling to one of the Wonderbolts. Too bad the night didn't go quite as well as the girls wanted but I like the moral. Great episode, and an awesome way to end the season. Not sure I'd label this a "cliffhanger" though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked the episode quite a bit. And if you think about it, with Princess Celestia, she was training Twilight on the etiquett and social requirements of being a princess. Twilight didn't realize how great of an honor it is to be right next to the princess during a grand event!

So this is the only 1-part season finale so far.

I really liked the "At The Gala" song (that intro :wub:), and that it took place during the night.

This episode had a lot of memorable lines: Fluttershy's "You're going to LOVE ME!", or Celestia to Twilight ".....Run!".

And it was a surprising episode, especially Rarity's experience which was very unexpected.

That end was so hilarious. One of the best episode of the season 1.

So this is the only 1-part season finale so far.

I really liked the "At The Gala" song (that intro :wub:), and that it took place during the night.

This episode had a lot of memorable lines: Fluttershy's "You're going to LOVE ME!", or Celestia to Twilight ".....Run!".

And it was a surprising episode, especially Rarity's experience which was very unexpected.

That end was so hilarious. One of the best episode of the season 1.

Uh... Magical Mystery Cure? Hello! :P

• Brohoof 1

This is the most pure episode in the whole series, in my opinion - there's a certain aura about it that sets apart from the rest of the episodes in the series, even my personal favorites like "Rarity Takes Manehattan" and "Sweet & Elite." There's something strangely beautiful about this episode that makes me get feelings of nostalgia just thinking about it, even though I haven't even been a member of this fandom for a full year yet.

The simplicity of it is beautiful, and to this day, it remains one of my favorite episodes in the whole series, and without a doubt in my mind, my favorite series finale to date.

Why?

"Friendship is Magic" - it's the basis of the show. Friendship. It's not "My Little Pony: Twilight is Magic" and that's one of the things I dislike about the alicorn Twilight situation - it's a show based off of the magic of friendship, and giving her special treatment is something that bothers me because it goes against the meaning of the show.

Back on topic and incoherent ramblings aside, this episode is what the whole show is about. There's a fair spread of attention, they're interesting and in-depth characters who operate as a unit, whether they're together or apart. The magic of friendship was strong in this episode, even though there was minimal interaction between the mane 6 themselves.

They'd worked all season to get here - the Grand Galloping Gala. And boy, was it grand - from Blueblood ( :eww: ) to the Wonderbolts, it was the event of the year, and they were invited. They had a set plan of what they were going to do, and all of it crumbled before each of their eyes - Blueblood was a huge dick, Rainbow didn't get to hang out with the Wonderbolts, Pinkie didn't get to throw the party she had imagined, Applejack's home cooked goods didn't sell, the animals avoided Fluttershy, and Twilight didn't get to get the personal time with Princess Celestia that she desired.

To top it off, their misfortunes at the Gala led to one of the biggest scenes in the series to date - when their Gala dreams fell, the entire Gala went with those dreams. It was all just a mess - Rarity went off on Blueblood ( :wub: ) Applejack's treats made a mess, Rainbow embarrassed herself in front of her idols, Fluttershy got a bit aggressive and let the animals from the garden loose into the castle, and Pinkie and Twilight did stuff as well, but my levels of fanboying for Rarity go off the charts when she goes off on Blueblood :D

In the end, they end up fleeing from the Gala, finding a dejected Spike at the Donut Shop, drowning away his misery.

In what I feel to be the most beautiful scene in the series, Spike asks them how the Gala went - they all burst into laughter and tell him how horrible it was. Their dreams crumbled before them and they ruined the whole thing for everyone and, to an extent, publicly humiliated themselves in the process...their dreams were ruined. but they laughed it off.

I guess that's the magic of friendship - even at their lowest moments, they were able to look back on the awful night they had and instead of wallowing in their self-sorrows, they just laugh at it together and have a good time. They weren't going to wait for the storm to pass - no, they went out and danced in the rain, metaphorically speaking :D 

That's the beauty of this episode - that's why it's so pure. A wise man once told me that the best of us can find happiness in misery, and that's the magic of friendship - it let them find joy in their sorrows. It helped them - if they didn't have each other, would it have ended the same way? Of course not. They'd all feel depressed and dejected, but, you know, at least they have each other. And just knowing that you'll always have someone there to help pick you up when you fall is the greatest possession a person could have.

10/10 - one of the best in the series.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Also somepony needs to knock Blue outside the head... even if Rarity is at the bottom for my favorite of the Mane6... I still like her.

Couldn't agree more!!!biggrin.png

Edited by Remix
  • Brohoof 1