Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

Can somepony tell me how to send hearts to friends? I've managed to add friends but they never show up on my "Social" friend list. Keeps saying "searching for everypony" or "There's no Internet connection" when clearly there is. I... don't know? D:

Can somepony tell me how to send hearts to friends? I've managed to add friends but they never show up on my "Social" friend list. Keeps saying "searching for everypony" or "There's no Internet connection" when clearly there is. I... don't know? D:

Mine dose that to, just check often and it will conect eventualy (thats what mine dose at least) if that doesn't work try restarting the device

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There'es five Octavia's because of changelings. It isn't a bug, it's just the game. Pretty hard to get rid of.. I hate changlings T^T

My Gameloft user is directioner4evr . I return gifts (if sent) and I often send out gifts daily, but not to anyone who isn't active. I realllyy need heart gems so please add. smile.png

Only the mane six spawn as changelings.  Its also why I included the screen shot as changelings do not arrive in balloons, it shouldn't be possible to have two of the same character arriving in a balloon at the same time like in the screen shot.

Also whichever Olivia you tap on it shows that you have selected Olivia on the screen.

Edited by Alexander Atkin
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Octavia glitch is pretty funny. I tried to make a platoon of them but you max out at five for the house, HOWEVER it seems you can make an unlimited amount to walk around.

(For those who want to do so)

Go to inventory:

post-9526-0-29316900-1371753092_thumb.png

Then select Octavia. You welcome her (one of her clones) from the balloon and get XP every time.

Then bam, lot's o Octavias!

post-9526-0-08196800-1371753193_thumb.png

post-9526-0-03607500-1371753209_thumb.png

By the way, my Gameloft username is BaronRawski, in case anypony wanted to swap hearts. img-1577691-1-wink.png

I take it back, the Android update rolled out to my phone yesterday.  Nice to finally have Luna but I hope they fixed the changelings spawning almost outside the viewable area of the map, that gets very annoying.

I already noticed a new bug though, Olivia is not being removed from my inventory.  I now have 5 wandering around Canterlot because every time I click her in the inventory it adds another one and I tried after restarting the game a few times to see if the glitch was temporary, lol.

img-1574382-1-Screenshot_2013-06-18-23-2

I was surprised we got Sunset Shimmer yet haven't had a Crystal Empire update.

It makes sense from a gaming perspective that all of the ponies arrive by balloon, yet since they are already in Canterlot you would think they would just trot over.

How...how did you get so many gems? blink.png

Lastly, sent out a few friend requests just now. wink.png  I have an Android, just in case anyone with IOS is not receiving gems for whatever reason. I only have trouble with Android/IOS gem sending in between updates, so I don't think there will be any current issues (I hope).

Edited by Party Cannon

I've just added this game and I love it! laugh.png  I was very happy that all of my progress was not erased by the update. (I read someponies lost all of their progress. So sad.) I'm not getting very far in the quests though because I have zero friends. sad.png Please add me. My GameLoft name is KarahEileen. Thank you! wub.png

(edited)

The Octavia glitch is pretty funny. I tried to make a platoon of them but you max out at five for the house, HOWEVER it seems you can make an unlimited amount to walk around.

(For those who want to do so)

Go to inventory:

img-1580193-1-attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-06-20-11-22-02.png

Then select Octavia. You welcome her (one of her clones) from the balloon and get XP every time.

Then bam, lot's o Octavias!

img-1580193-2-attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-06-20-11-21-32.png

img-1580193-3-attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-06-20-11-22-10.png

By the way, my Gameloft username is BaronRawski, in case anypony wanted to swap hearts. img-1577691-1-wink.png

It makes sense from a gaming perspective that all of the ponies arrive by balloon, yet since they are already in Canterlot you would think they would just trot over.

How...how did you get so many gems? img-1577691-3-blink.png

Lastly, sent out a few friend requests just now. img-1580193-6-wink.png  I have an Android, just in case anyone with IOS is not receiving gems for whatever reason. I only have trouble with Android/IOS gem sending in between updates, so I don't think there will be any current issues (I hope).

Interesting, its not assigning her to the house on my game, not even once.

In your case though my guess would be that 6 is the limit on how many ponies it can show on the house inventory, but the rest must still be assigned to that house just not visible in the list.  If the game code was actually doing proper ID checks it wouldn't have allowed more than one in the first place.  I wonder how many until the game crashes though and any risk of it corrupting the save game (probably not, everything is obviously very dynamic due to the number of games they must make based on this code base)?  I suppose you could level them all up and assign them to shops too, lol.

For the gems I used the Balloon Pop hack before the GameLoft changed the encryption of the game files.  It was the only way I was ever going to get all the shops/ponies as once I realised I had spent as much as I could have gotten a recent AAA game off Steam for, I wasn't going to spend another penny on the game.

It does make the game more boring being able to unlock everything so easily, it just shows that as a game its very very weak and its only by making it take ages to unlock anything that they keep you interested.  I suppose you could say that about most games, but they generally make the unlocking process interesting, unlike this.  I'm only really playing it to see what they do with it and being able to help other people who are perhaps enjoying it more than I am by gifting hearts.  Such a shame they didn't make it a more interesting game but its just identical to every other city/park/etc building game out there.

Its insane how many different games there are on iOS/Android that are actually identical games with different graphics.  It must cost peanuts to roll them out, especially all the GameLoft ones which no doubt use the same code base.

Edited by Alexander Atkin
  • Brohoof 1

The "Get Free Gems" button directs you to a list of atrocious Tapjoy offers instead of giving you a gem for watching a video as of today.

Seriously, practically none of them are worth doing. A small amount of gems for magazine subscriptions and insurance quotes? As if the target audience has any use for those...

This wouldn't really be that big of an issue if the movie theater actually worked for iOS, but it still doesn't.

(edited)

I was playing this on Android for months, and the experience was terrible, but now that I've switched to iOS, its darn amazing :3 I've yet to encounter any of the glitches that have been reported, except the not being able to watch videos for gems.

Anyway, if anyone wants to add me, my Gameloft Live ID is: rickesh28
I need those hearts for Scootaloo! xD

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

Actually The Level Grinding was too easy if you have a lot of shops and playing the App Daily for the bonuses. Most of us are Level 70 by now, but those who started over from the beginning by deleting the app on the current system you're playing on or a different system or possibly both, We're just below level 70. For Me, I kept going and going on my Progress and trying to build stars for both Canterlot and Ponyville Ponies for the Shops.

If You guys haven't added me yet, You can go ahead and add Me which is the Same Name as Here (KirbyFluttershy) as my GameLoft Live ID. Be sure to send me a PM to go along with Forum name as you Send me A Friend Request too so I can recognize you guys. I may have a bunch of Random Friend Request which I don't recognize those that kept Sending me Friend Request.

Well, I'm happy to report that I now have an excess of over 50 loyalty shards, and I'm 22 shards away from activating the magic stone.  Like the rest of you, I don't get gems for watching videos, and my friends list hasn't loaded in a bit.  I'll get hearts out as soon as it loads again.  Hope ya'll are having fun. I'm certainly enjoying it more now that some of the quests don't seem as impossible as before.

You'll get most of the shards you're looking for in canterlot shops. If they're from ponyville shs, hospital and town hall has magic shards, but some of the shops provide loyalty shards. I know that magic shards are pretty much rare to get so that's the hard part of collecting the magic shards.

(edited)

The username that I have for the game is SaburoDaimando

Also, I have yet to get the new update.  I dunno how to obtain it at the moment.  If anyone can help me with that, feel free to reply.

Edit: Nevermind.  I just went into the Google Play and updated it like normal.  Silly me.

Edited by SaburoDaimando

Hi all :)

Yeah, the Octavia glitch is pretty funny. Wonder how long it'll take the folks at Gameloft to figure it out?

Please add me in-game! My name is 1MissRin. I play pretty much everyday and I gift all the time. I've added most of you in this here forum.

Thanks!

I just tested out the movie theater yesterday and I was able to get myself eight gems.

But I wonder, how often do they update and replace current videos with new ones?  Maybe just for kicks, they should add in cutscenes from MLP:FiM.

(edited)

What's lame about the theater though is it is a one shot deal. You watch the trailer, get the gems, but there are only 4. When you replay them they don't give you more gems. img-1583990-1-mellow.png  Hopefully the theater selection is updated weekly or something.

Plus, right now it's a real hit or miss for giving treasure chests.

Keep getting this blasted screen:

post-9526-0-38647300-1371937845_thumb.png

I can send gifts no problem though, so hoping they are received on your end.

Edited by Party Cannon

They can't seem to fix chests to save their lives, its been like this all the time I have played the game.  On a few short occasions it actually worked, but I don't think any of us check that often now as its so rare that it actually does.

I hate to say it as it would limit the game for some people (having to be online) and eliminate any potential gem hacks in the future, but it really could do with the save data in the cloud.  That way they could at least make that mode worthwhile by having you ACTUALLY interact with your friends towns, rather than just dropping a chest on a town.  Its kinda odd they don't do it that way as EA do for their games of this type.  It would prevent save data corruption and allow you to play the same data from several devices, as long as you are logged in with the same GameLoft account.  That would be particularly useful if you upgrade your phone.

I am so sad...

I got a new phone today and while it (in the end) didn't start the entire game over, I have to rebuy Town Hall, as well as Sunset Shimmer and other ponies. I almost had two of them to level 5...and now I do not.

Also, in need of hearts BADLY. I had about 84 before the phone got switched out and now I only have 11 for Twilight's Dad angry.png

Today, I finally started giving and receiving chests and hearts for the first time. However, noe that I try to get back on the app, it keeps crashing. And when it doesn't crash right away, it only lets me play for a few seconds. Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you! Switching to airplane mode did work. The only problem is that I have to remember to switch back to normal afterward. -_- Kind of annoying... But at least I can play and my progress isn't erased or anything.

Not sure how I feel about the ad gems, and I'm still not getting gems from the theatre. BUT, I've activated all the harmony stones AND uncovered all the Ponyville expansion zones! Now I can start getting rid of theose parasprites.

Another thing, does anypony else occassionaly find Derpy in Canterlot? I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not.

leafcascade, I play daily, so I'll look for you.

• Brohoof 1

Third try at finishing the game, but I play daily albeit slowly. Lol. My gameloft id is jjxx22. I try to gift daily (when it works) & leave chests randomly. I haven't heard the mane 6 speak lately when I tap on them. Still a lot of parasprites.