Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

I am now to the point that I am being asked to buy the large clock tower. And I am NOT pleased with it. I'm in the process of trying to expand and start moving my ponies and shops to where I want them to live on the map, and they want me to waste THAT MANY BITS (70,000) on a stupid clock tower I don't even want? I'm very annoyed that this quest isn't even skippable. And I will DEFINITELY be selling that clock tower back after I do decide to purchase it. But it's going to be a while because I'm using my bits for other things right now.

Does anyone have any tips for how to get Magic Shards? I have a ton of Magic Parasprites, and 0 shards. So I was wondering if there was anything that can be done to start generating them more often? Does it help if I have all the other Elements activated? Or is there certain shops that will crank them out?

I am now to the point that I am being asked to buy the large clock tower. And I am NOT pleased with it. I'm in the process of trying to expand and start moving my ponies and shops to where I want them to live on the map, and they want me to waste THAT MANY BITS (70,000) on a stupid clock tower I don't even want? I'm very annoyed that this quest isn't even skippable. And I will DEFINITELY be selling that clock tower back after I do decide to purchase it. But it's going to be a while because I'm using my bits for other things right now.

Does anyone have any tips for how to get Magic Shards? I have a ton of Magic Parasprites, and 0 shards. So I was wondering if there was anything that can be done to start generating them more often? Does it help if I have all the other Elements activated? Or is there certain shops that will crank them out?

The hospital tends to spawn them the most out of the coin bought stores, still not nearly enough as every other shard though. Took me a while but I eventually got enough for the magic stone.

Whether or not the high end gem stores spawn them more I don't know I'm afraid.

• Brohoof 1

Heya Everypony!

Really enjoying this game, please add me if you haven't already ^_^ working my way up ... keen to get Scootaloo - I'm on 45 hearts just need a few more!! :)

My Gameloft ID: cyber_flash

Hey everyone I've just started playing the game and wanted to get some hearts to get Scootaloo. I'll help return the favour too!

My Gameloft ID is: Caomoe

Thanks for any help

I just went and added the last 3 pages of people (those that I haven't added in the past) to my already vast friends list. :)

I'm to the point where I need chests for my current quest, and nopony ever leaves me one. :( I gift all my friends daily and visit as many worlds as I have time and/or battery life for to leave chests. Please add me if we aren't friends already, and check your friends requests because I might have added you! :)

Also, chests would be greatly appreciated! I'm visiting worlds and dropping them right now (I'm on my iPhone). If you leave me a chest and want me to give you one back, send me a quick message on gameloft and I will get it to you immediately. :D

My gameloft ID is Eternal_Knight.

Edited by StratusFear
  • Brohoof 1

Hello Everypony!

I would appreciate anypony who is willing to add me.

My ID is: TurtleDove09

I will do my best to send gifts everyday. I'm usually checking it every 10 minutes so it should not be hard to remember!

Thank you all in advance!!!

Edited by Turtle Dove

The hospital tends to spawn them the most out of the coin bought stores, still not nearly enough as every other shard though. Took me a while but I eventually got enough for the magic stone.

Whether or not the high end gem stores spawn them more I don't know I'm afraid.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I just bought the hospital and hopefully sometime tonight I will be collecting magic shards from it. (Ugh, seriously 16 hours? They should definitely shorten the collection time on that. Crazy.)

I'm also about to activate the Element of Loyalty, which is the last one I have to go before Magic. I've noticed that as I've activated the other Elements, I start getting more of the Element I have to activate after it..is this also true for Magic? Once I have all the others activated, do Magic shards pop up more often? I sure hope so, or I have no idea how on earth I'll ever have enough to activate the Element of Magic. I have ZERO magic shards right now and more than 20 magic parasprites to kill. Stupid things.

I just went and added the last 3 pages of people (those that I haven't added in the past) to my already vast friends list. :)

I'm to the point where I need chests for my current quest, and nopony ever leaves me one. :( I gift all my friends daily and visit as many worlds as I have time and/or battery life for to leave chests. Please add me if we aren't friends already, and check your friends requests because I might have added you! :)

Also, chests would be greatly appreciated! I'm visiting worlds and dropping them right now (I'm on my iPhone). If you leave me a chest and want me to give you one back, send me a quick message on gameloft and I will get it to you immediately. :D

My gameloft ID is Eternal_Knight.

Aww, there there. My poor poor, pony friend.

I give you a chest every day. Some ponies keep giving me lots of chests, so I don't know why you're not getting any. :(

Some pony help this lady out! DROP ALL THE CHESTS! ;)

• Brohoof 1

If you guys (or New ppl) want to add me, go ahead and add me, but Be sure to message me that who you are so that way I can recognize you guys and my GL ID is the same name, KirbyFluttershy. I wouldn't mind getting more Friends since I'm getting hearts Daily. I know my ponyville is a mess, but don't mind the mess at all. I'll just have to clean it up as soon as I get everypony in ponyville.

Hey everypony! I'm adding a bunch of you to my GL Live account and will gift and chest as many of you as possible. My ID's Lavastorm13 and I'd love it if anyone would return the favor?

Edited by LavastormSW

It's unfortunate that since the last update the iOS hack that was available no long works and the alternative is not very user friendly. Luckily though, for those with and Android device, I discovered a simple and easy way to essentially cheat in the game.

Without getting into any jargon there is a file stored on the phone or tablet that contains the values for what the costs are for things like the balloon pop game as well as the ball bounce and apple picking game. It is possible to change the the numbers to a negative value so when you chose one of the options it gives you coins/gems/hearts instead of taking them away.

It's a little tricky to go and edit it yourself so instead what people have been doing is taking the file from their device and then uploading for others to use. All you need to do is replace the file on your own device and the game will finally be fun to play for once tongue.png

Here is a list of what the file does:

• On the Ball Toss and Apple Picking game the values are as follows:
    • 1X = +99 Hearts
    • 2X = +999 Gems
    • 4X = +999 Coins
  • And the Balloon Pop game is as follows:
    • The one in the middle that would normally cost gems, now gives you +999 Coins
    • The one that would cost you hearts now gives you +999 Gems
    • The timed, free one remains unchanged because, there's not really much point to using it now tongue.png

The reason I have prioritized coins is that, if you play like I do you'll quickly find yourself running out of coins very quickly and although you'll be spending gems left right and center they still won't out nearly anywhere near as fast as the coins do. Sure you could just farm the shops using all those gems you have but this actuality gives you a reason to still play with the ponies and level them up so they can be used to get you even more coins later on.

If you would prefer for it to award you currency based on different multiplier or games then send me a PM asking for hat you want exactly and I will customize the file to fist your needs. I'm sorry I'm not able to do more advanced things but I'm not keen on digging though endless lines of code trying to find exactly what I'm looking for when I don't even know what that is.

So here's a list of instructions that you need to follow. Again, this will work on Android Only.

• Download the file from the link below.
  • On your device, access your SD card by either plugging the device into your computer using a USB cable or using a app to wirelessly transfer a file to it.
  • Navigate to the /Android/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftPOHM/files folder.
  • Paste the file that you downloaded in that directory (But make sure to keep a backup of your original file in case it doesn't work!)

I can't guarantee it will work for ALL Android devices but if it does then that's good. If it doesn't you will need to upload to me your ORIGINAL OBB file that you backed up so I can modify it and then send it back to you.

Here is a link to download the file. I would have uploaded it to the forum but... it's not letting me for some reason.
Download Link:
UPDATE: Due to the new Hearts and Hooves update this method no longer works.

NOTE:
I didn't know this myself until a friend mentioned it to me when she saw me playing the game. The way to get a high score in the Ball Bounce game is to flick the ball back when the circle that is around the ball is the smallest as it will give you more points. I was trying to flick the ball as quickly as possible thinking that I would get more flicks and more points but I didn't realize that the points scaled on how far away the ball was from the pony. I can't remember exactly but the maximum amount you could get from a flick was something like... 24 I think... I could be wrong though. If you miss the ball it goes back to giving you a lot less so it must scale depending on if you keep a rally going.

EXTRA NOTE:
last thing I forgot to add, if anyone wants to add me my GL Live ID is "Dave247".

Hope you people that have an Android device can finally have fun playing the game! biggrin.png

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

Hey guys! I like many other people am stuck trying to get Scootaloo with two hearts. A separate quest is also asking me to give people tons of gifts. So, you know, it would be great to have more pals on the game!

My Gameloft ID is astrosheep if anyone wants to add me!

hkr148 on Gameloft live. I'm not sure if it would better to add the listed people on the first page because the list seems to be outdated. But adding me would be much appreciated. How does the gift system works?

If you go under "social" in the menu, it'll show your friends. You just click them and then select the present to send them a heart gem. You can also visit their town and drop a treasure chest to give them another heart gem. Each of your friends can do this for you as well.

If you go under "social" in the menu, it'll show your friends. You just click them and then select the present to send them a heart gem. You can also visit their town and drop a treasure chest to give them another heart gem. Each of your friends can do this for you as well.

Yeah.. I've got nothing. Except the default Celestia one where she gives you nothing back, like ever. So... maybe I should add the recent list here.

Yeah.. I've got nothing. Except the default Celestia one where she gives you nothing back, like ever. So... maybe I should add the recent list here.

Sometimes you need to hit refresh or restart the game for people to show up. If you have the person listed as a friend on Gameloft, they'll show up eventually.

Why not. I may as well say something.

Username: dabestgamer

I usually check my game every day because I'm still looking to get all the Magic Shards I need. And my routine usually involves Gifting Hearts to friends I have added.

Since I have about 100-ish Shards to obtain, I'll be checking back on the game for quite some time.

You can add me anytime, but PMing me here will make it easier for me to know that you actually have done so.

Edited by DBG

The game is actually surprisingly addicting, despite not having that many story elements, though it does help if you are a long time fan, because you will instantly recognise the shops, ponies and items, and references, from the shadow bolts, to the same ball that spike took in "Secret of my excess". It does require patience though, as the game will start demanding a lot of bits and gems very quickly as you progress, and without wasting gems, you will have to wait up to 12 hours just to get 5 carrot cakes. Yet, it is still very fun and addicting, and unlike other games of this genre, the likeable characters and show references make this worth playing, especially since it's free (though you may have to buy more gems and bits with real money to progress faster). Only improvement I would give is that it doesn't demand so many gems and bits for really simple tasks, but some variety in the games the ponies play would be nice too. :)