Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

I'm Prismaticthepony there.  Needless to say I wonder why we don't have a box for that on our profile settings.

I still plan on getting through the game without cheating and with the 'parasites now give gems' I've gotten at least 15 that way.

Guys, did someone update your iOS device to 6.1? Because i received a notification to update my iPad, but if I do it i'm afraid to lose all my progress in MLP game.

Did you update you device and you game remains fine?

Thanks!

Very unlikely.  iOS upgrades are normally smooth.  I would hope you're using iCloud?  You may want to take a local backup with iTunes if you are able.

Very unlikely.  iOS upgrades are normally smooth.  I would hope you're using iCloud?  You may want to take a local backup with iTunes if you are able.

I have an account but i don't know how to use it! I sincronized my ipad with iTunes in the laptop, but doing that keeps your game progress?

If the upgrade fails, when you restore your device you'll be given the option to restore from an iCloud backup.  You shouldn't need to do that though.

I did the backup, thanks for the info!

I updated the device and the game's progress did not erase, but doing the backup is useful just in case if something happen :)

Guys, did someone update your iOS device to 6.1? Because i received a notification to update my iPad, but if I do it i'm afraid to lose all my progress in MLP game.

Did you update you device and you game remains fine?

Thanks!

I updated, even though I had the same worry, but nothing is affected. Went right in after updating and everything was the same.

EDIT: lol, ninja'd

Edited by Master Blade the Bearded
  • Brohoof 1

I did the backup, thanks for the info!

I updated the device and the game's progress did not erase, but doing the backup is useful just in case if something happen

If iCloud is switched on, your device will automatically sync with Apple every time it's connected to mains power and WiFi.

• Brohoof 1

This day was going to be perfect, but then my game crashed. And it won't start, shows hasbro logo and then shuts down. Anyone else is getting this problem? I am playing on iphone5.

I'm trying to visit another person'a town, but it keeps giving me an error message: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again!" I've tried about a dozen times and even restarted the app. Does anyone else regularly have this problem? It seems that there's a lot of problems with GL Live and the MLP app communicating or syncing or something.

I play the game occasionally. When I first got it I played it nonstop and kinda over played it. It doesn't help I am at the part where I gotta get scootaloo and none of my friends are active...

My ID is HallowsEve

I have now reached the point where it is asking me to buy Soarin...I don't have 250 gems and I am NOT paying 10 dollars to get the stupid gems. I'd then have to buy more to get Rainbow Dash. That is NOT going to happen. There's no option to skip the quest. Do I HAVE to get Soarin in order to complete the quests to get Rainbow Dash? Does anybody know a way to get gems? The free gems option hasn't showed up for me in about two weeks, so is there any other way to get gems fast? I'm playing on my iPhone.

I have now reached the point where it is asking me to buy Soarin...I don't have 250 gems and I am NOT paying 10 dollars to get the stupid gems. I'd then have to buy more to get Rainbow Dash. That is NOT going to happen. There's no option to skip the quest. Do I HAVE to get Soarin in order to complete the quests to get Rainbow Dash? Does anybody know a way to get gems? The free gems option hasn't showed up for me in about two weeks, so is there any other way to get gems fast? I'm playing on my iPhone.

You can have Rainbow Dash from level 43.  I got her for free (creding my iTunes balance from gift card at £2.99) on a gems deal.  I'd be skeptical about spending my own money.  RD G90 Rarity G70 (G=Gems).  I don't think a moving object in a game that you can barely interact with is worth that sort of money though.

Does uninstalling and reinstalling the app reset the game? I had my phone plugged in overnight and I force stopped the app, but somehow it was still running. It caused my phone to die WHILE IT WAS CHARGING by sucking up a whopping 43% of the battery (I have an app that tracks what applications are using up a bunch of battery and what the current battery percent is). Is there any way to stop the app from doing this besides uninstalling it? I tried force killing it through the "manage apps" setting, but the battery scanning app still said it was using a shitton of battery. I don't want to lose all my progress.

Does anyone else have the issue where not all of you GameLoft friends are showing up? I've got more than 6 friends on GL but only 6 show up...

Yeah, I have about 10 gameloft friends and only two show up in the app. It's a shitty system that doesn't sync properly. Hopefully they'll fix it in upcoming updates.

You can have Rainbow Dash from level 43.  I got her for free (creding my iTunes balance from gift card at £2.99) on a gems deal.  I'd be skeptical about spending my own money.  RD G90 Rarity G70 (G=Gems).  I don't think a moving object in a game that you can barely interact with is worth that sort of money though.

But if I just buy Rainbow Dash and don't do the Soarin quest, do I still get to advance in the story? Or can I not advance until after I buy Soarin?

Does uninstalling and reinstalling the app reset the game? I had my phone plugged in overnight and I force stopped the app, but somehow it was still running. It caused my phone to die WHILE IT WAS CHARGING by sucking up a whopping 43% of the battery (I have an app that tracks what applications are using up a bunch of battery and what the current battery percent is). Is there any way to stop the app from doing this besides uninstalling it? I tried force killing it through the "manage apps" setting, but the battery scanning app still said it was using a shitton of battery. I don't want to lose all my progress.

If your phone is losing more voltage than it's receiving then there is either a problem with your charger or battery.

Does anyone else have the issue where not all of you GameLoft friends are showing up? I've got more than 6 friends on GL but only 6 show up...

Yeah, I have about 10 gameloft friends and only two show up in the app. It's a shitty system that doesn't sync properly. Hopefully they'll fix it in upcoming updates.

There are arrows at the bottom where you can page up/down

But if I just buy Rainbow Dash and don't do the Soarin quest, do I still get to advance in the story? Or can I not advance until after I buy Soarin?

No.  You have to buy or "welcome" the displayed pony to progress.  You're in for a shock when you see how much Cadence and Shining Armour are, each.

Edited by ajm
  • Brohoof 1

Hello all pegasi,unicorn,earth,and alicorn ponies. Now if you never heard of this game, you should buy it. I made this topic for all ponies to share their gameloft usernames so we can friends. All you do is put in the username and say whatever else, I don't care. My gameloft username is Cnadycowgirl. Add me and I'll add you. Well, cya. ;)

My username is Isatheallicorn - I play every day, and would love to get more friends so I can finally get that darn Scootaloo.

Ikr, I'm trying to all the ponies that you can get with the hearts. Its hard. Sometimes I browse through news till I find someone who plays Mlp and I try to add them.

• Brohoof 1

.There are arrows at the bottom where you can page up/down

It's not showing the arrows. There are arrows in the "invite" section, but none in the "friends" section because there aren't enough people showing to warrant two or more pages.