Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kelvocity

Do You Believe Celestia a Tyrant?  

138 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Princess Celestia is a tyrant?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you believe Princess Celestia is a troll?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you enjoy the Trollestia joke?

• Yes
    • No

I see so many people that seem to think Celestia's some kind of tyrant. I've seen the Trollestia joke used to many times, and it's really my least favorite brony joke. So, I ask of you this, readers. Do you really believe Celestia is a tyrant? Do you think Celestia's a troll? And if you do or don't, do you enjoy the Trollestia joke anyways?

• Brohoof 7

(opinion of a Celestia fan boy so take this anyway you want.)

yeah, I prefer Cannon over Fannon so all that Trollestia stuff doesn't matter to me, but F :( K Princess Molestia it makes a joke out of something that shouldn't be joked about, it needs to die.

but i do kinda get annoyed by people (mainly Luna fans) who get the big idea that Celestia is some big tyrant because of things with in the Fannon like some fan fics. because they don't like the fact that there favorite pony got jealous and tried to bring eternal darkness with her army of emo and goth OC's and got her ass kicked and sent to the moon.

• Brohoof 7

It's funny, I was watching "A Bird In The Hoof" a short while ago and got thinking about this when Celestia comes down and demands to know what's going on and expects Twilight to explain, as if the ponies can't handle anything without her having to know about it. I don't think she's a tyrant, but she does sometimes treat the ponies as children, with thier talk of "punishment" and she even calls Fluttershy "Child." I'd like to think adult ponies can handle thier own affairs without Celestia getting involved.

• Brohoof 2

Well, in the true sense of the definition of tyrant, it was a ruler who kept power by use of the military, or paramilitary. so not in that sense, because in my opinion if the guards were left by themselves they aren't very good fighters, not saying they should be but still, so they wouldn't be able to hold the population under hostage or under their control if it was something like a riot but we know that cant happen though.

Celestia isn't a tyrant, but she can have the tendency to treat her subjects as children, but one has to remember that she is thousands of years old, so basically they are children to her. I don't truly like the Trollestia jokes... I think it's mainly because people see her just watching, and she basically does next to nothing to help, (As we have seen)...

• Brohoof 2

I don't think she's a complete tyrant or simply evil, she probably just like to have a good laugh every now and then by pulling pranks on her "subjects" :3

I don't know much about the Trollestia meme and the fanmade content about her, but I personally think that some of her behaviors like in The Ticket Master and Bird in the Hoof episodes were a little bit harsh... :|

Edited by Lucky<>Sphere

Celestia isn't a tryant. Is celestia a troll. Well, not all trolls are bad. There are some tiny things that can make you a troll. Celestia does do some things.

I do enjoy molestia and trollestia. :D

I hate all the jokes. Ponyecho pretty summed up everything I was going to say. I think Celestia is a great leader! She never went ass crazy like Luna did (I don't hate Luna)

EDIT: And why is it everybrony keeps saying she acted mean in 'A bird and a hoof' all she did was pull a prank, that's all.

Edited by Dontlookmenaked
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think that she's really a tyrant, but she can be a little demanding at some points. Though I totally think that Princess Celestia is a troll, I mean she does some things that just cause the mane6 some trouble. Like the 'Ticket Master' and the 'Lesson Zero' episodes, she is a bit of a troll.

I'm not really into the Trollestia jokes.

If Princess Celestia is a Tyrant why isn't she murdering the Ponies on a daily basis for fun and having all her subjects live in fear? And why is she not demanding their children as sacrifices like a Sun God to make her happy enough to give life (raising the sun) to the world? The answer is she's not a Tyrant (well at least the canon one anyway) and deeply cares for all her subjects.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

I dont beleive Celestia is a tyrant. If she was then her subjects wouldn't be as happy as they are. Although most of them seem to get tense around her ("A Bird In The Hoof") but thats just because they are really nervous to have an important person near them.

As for the whole Trollestia thing.....thats debatable.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that she's really a tyrant, but she can be a little demanding at some points. Though I totally think that Princess Celestia is a troll, I mean she does some things that just cause the mane6 some trouble. Like the 'Ticket Master' and the 'Lesson Zero' episodes, she is a bit of a troll.

I'm not really into the Trollestia jokes.

In the Ticket Master, that was only a tiny bit Trollish. Celestia probably didn't think that the other ponies might want to go too.

As for Lesson Zero and related events, I believe that Princess Celestia isn't just a teacher that tells her subjects what they should do in life. She lets them make mistakes and learn lessons on their own, like they should. Although the loud "TWILIGHT SPARKLE" entrance was a little uncalled for.

Although, with A Bird in the Hoof, I don't get why people think anything she did in that episode was trolly or harsh. The tea thing was a joke (that proves that Princess Celestia can be fun, and not just this big official leader figure), and at the end, well I don't really have many comments on that, it's as it is, I don't think it was that harsh.

• Brohoof 3

That may be a little harsh. If Celestia is a tyrant, at least she's a benevolent and popular one. She has a taste for excessive punishments to her enemies (Nightmare Moon & Discord) and seems to neglect her kingdom quite a bit, leaving all the biggest problems in the hooves of the Mane 6. She's been guilty of some trollish behavior and I don't like the way she treats the ponies all that much, particularly Twilight. But other than that she seems to be a good ruler.

• Brohoof 1

I say Celestia is the most successful tyrant around here.

Not a single pony dared to ask her authority, and yet all of them loved her ass so much they would smell her breakfast in there

I don't see a reason to. I think she trusts the 6 know what they're doing and therefore doesn't get in their way. If you were thousands of years old, you'd probably treat ponies who are no older than 18 like children.

I say 18 because of Faust stating they could be 12- 18.

Edited by Dίsмαjo

That may be a little harsh. If Celestia is a tyrant, at least she's a benevolent and popular one. She has a taste for excessive punishments to her enemies (Nightmare Moon & Discord) and seems to neglect her kingdom quite a bit, leaving all the biggest problems in the hooves of the Mane 6. She's been guilty of some trollish behavior and I don't like the way she treats the ponies all that much, particularly Twilight. But other than that she seems to be a good ruler.

I don't see how the fates of Nightmare Moon and Discord were excessive. Discord is a being who both cannot be destroyed and cannot be allowed to roam free. Sealing him is the only option. Nightmare Moon also had to be stopped. If Celestia had been able to use the full power of the Elements of Harmony to save Luna, then she would have. She couldn't, though, and was left with only one choice.

As for the whole "troll" deal, she straight up said that how proper and fearful ponies always act around her bores and annoys her, so she does what she can to make thing livelier and interesting.

Not even close to being a tyrant, in order to be a tyrant you actually have to oppress someone, which I've never seen her do. What more, she is willing to risk her life to protect her subjects, demonstrating genuine care for them.

I think Celestia does enjoy a good joke, as is evident from the tea scene and the gala episode but I don't know if she's a full on troll

At one point I enjoyed the trollestia joke but by now it has been way overdone

• Brohoof 3

Do I think Celestia's a tyrant? Not in the least. She doesn't run a democratic government, at least as far as we can tell, but she is a benevolent monarch. Her decision making is geared almost exclusively toward improving the lives of her subjects. Celestia would also technically need to be of a lower class in order to be a tyrant. ("Tyrant" really refers to someone who assumes power when it isn't their place to do so.)

Do I think Celestia's a troll? Not a troll, per se, though I do think she has a mschievous streak. A lot of the "troll" connotations likely derive from Celestia's gambits which occasionally place the Mane Six in harm's way, or her usage of banishment/imprisonment as a primary means of punishment.

Do I enjoy the Trollestia jokes? I sure do---just so long as fans don't conceive of her as being that nasty. If Celestia discovered that any of her pranks had truly hurt one of her little ponies, she would undoubtedly feel saddened and at least a smidgen of guilt.

• Brohoof 3

Princess Celestiais a kind princess who looks after all of Equestria with her beloved sister Luna, how is she a troll? So what, she banished Nightmare Moon to the moon because if she didn't, the night will stop he crops from growing and the ponies would slowly starve to death.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia is not a tyrant, though the brony body does joke on the matter which I in particular do not, and don't find it funny, nor trollestia. I think that in the end we all honestly appreciate here and know she is not a tyrant deep down.Seriously though how many times do you see a princess in battle?

Edited by WoonaMooves
  • Brohoof 1

This has been brought up in a few other topics relating to Celestia as well, and my opinion remains the same. Celestia is clearly not a tyrant. The very reason she has memes of her being a tyrant is due to the fact she's so benevolent and ideal as a ruler. Like I've always said, the more ideal the leader, the more amusing it is to poke fun at them and pretend they are something they aren't. Feld0's the greatest site owner I've ever known, and not unlike Celestia he has lots of memes made about him on here due to that same principal.

I enjoy the Trollestia memes, because I know they're for fun. People who take the joke and relentlessly try and force it on canon Celestia are obnoxious, though.

• Brohoof 4

I used to enjoy the Trollestia/Tyrantlestia jokes, not anymore. Not since the Luna fans started using them as a way to prop up Luna and put Celestia down. There isn't a single negative portrayal of Luna outside of Nightmare Moon in the fanbase and even that is downplayed by making Celestia look like she overreacted or at worst a bully.

Edited by brian577
  • Brohoof 2

Celestia a tyrant? It's about as logical as Discord ruling Equestria in an orderly fashion. (Or @~Chaotic Discord~ disliking Discord.)

If she was a tyrnant she would have had Twilight executed or banished for interrupting Cadence and Shining's wedding. She would have destroyed Discord instead of stoned him. She would have killed Luna/Nightmare Moon instead of banished her.

Compare the good things with the mistakes. I would say the good things quite heavily outweigh the bad. She likes to have a little fun, and screw around a little bit but she certainly isn't cruel and evil. She's merciful and caring from what I've seen.

• Brohoof 1

Shes not a tyrant in my eyes because she doesn't control her subjects. I think the things she does are to teach the mane 6 lessons. And I also think that sometimes when she didn't help was simply because she couldn't. I mean she was defeated in the end of s2. So shes not invincible or anything.

And she doesn't control the elements of harmony anymore. So she doesn't that have that. Maybe she was stronger when she did who knows.

I grin at some of the jokes. I don't care for it most of the time though.