Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kelvocity

Do You Believe Celestia a Tyrant?  

138 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Princess Celestia is a tyrant?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you believe Princess Celestia is a troll?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you enjoy the Trollestia joke?

• Yes
    • No

if Celestia is a tyrant, she'd amount to a soft tyrant, which at times has been described as being worse than a hard tyrant, because a soft tyrant believes their actions to be in the interest of its victims. I don't believe she is a tyrant, but it'd be interesting to see how she asserts her authority as princess.

Celestia is no tyrant. She fulfills two roles on the show.

1) she plays the wise mother figure.

2) Her benevolent rule means the writers do not have to inject any politics into the show.

The lack of politics makes the show a sort of utopia. We struggle every day over politics, but the ponies are free to live their lives as they please.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia is not a tyrant, though the brony body does joke on the matter which I in paticular do not, and ont find it funny, nor trollestia. I think that in the end we all honestly apreciate here and honestly know she is not a tyrant.

Seriously though how many times do you see a princess in battle?

well there was........yeah cant think of anything.

I dont think she is a tyrant either.

based on what ive seen she is a loving, mature and capable ruler.

I still love luna more though <3

• 1 month later...

celestia is alright i dont like her much probably becuase of the radient white i dont like bright colors but shes ok just ok i dont see her as a tyrant just as a alicorn but i will admit i prefer luna :D

People tend to confuse that Canon = Fanon. xD

and no, I dont think Celestia is a tyrant Canon-wise. But I like that she's a Tyrant in the fandom by some (Specifically the one about the New Lunar Republic and all that guff. But when I make a content based on that "sub-fanon" I make sure that Celestia and Luna are the good gals against evil.) I do not mix them together. I let fanon be fanon and canon be canon.

I do not think Celestia is a Tyrant or a troll, she is the benevolent ruler of equestria and a faithful mentor to Twilight Sparkle

Also, to be honest, I am really starting to hate all of the Trollestia jokes, they are getting a bit outdated :/

awww well, I don't think celestia is a tyrant, that word would be to much agressive to describe her...

I think Celestia can enjoy a few jokes, but not on that scale to be called a Troll.

To be honest, i really enjoy the trollestia jokes, (I don't take "Trollestia" as being Celestia tho) Those always never fail to make me laugh. :lol:  (All in good fun :P)

Nah, Celestia isn't a tyrant. I view her as a motherly enlightened monarch who cares for her subjects.

I do enjoy the trollestia jokes, but of course I know that none of it is canon. The whole "tea drinking incident" was just a little jest to show that Celestia isn't as uptight as everyone was making her appear to be.

I don't think so.

IMO, It's fun to portray her as a troll, or tyrant, or as having some deep emotional conflict inside, but that's just because she seems so perfect and like such a good ruler that it makes it all the more impacting when it's said that she isn't.

She's less of a tyrant and a troll than an ancient pony princess who gets bored of the stuffiness of royal life sometimes, and has a sense of humor.

As for the jokes... I haven't seen many, so I'm not sure how to answer that. Assuming most of them are in good taste, sure. Since this is the internet, probably not.

No. Not in the technical definition, nor the spirit of the word.

Equestria may have a Princess (two technically) so it would appear to be a principality. But remember Ponyville has a mayor and we've no reason other cities likewise don't have democratically elected officials. Especially places like Manehatten or Appleloosa! There even appears to be a great deal of cultural seperation between cities. Ponyville resembles a miedeval hamlet at the start of the series, with barely any modern luxuries. (Though that's quickly changing.) Canterlot appears to be populated mostly with aristocrats and few notable self-made ponies. (Like my mane man FANCYPANTS! /)*) Then there's Manehatten that appears to have shaken off ANY form of royal imagery or Aristocracy. Applejack's wealthy relatives having no noble title to claim for their wealth; yet her other cousin Babs may live in a rough neighborhood. (Just going by the bullying and Broklyn accent.) So it appears to be very modern and metropolitan. 

Regardless, ALL provinces of the nation show deference to Celestia. This has led me to speculate that Equestria is, what I like to call, a Confederate Theocracy. All the population centers manage their own governments (democratic as far as we're shown) but Celestia has a sort of divine right to intercede when She deems it necessary.

I do admit She is a "troll" but keep in mind She has been around for a looooooooong time. And Her subjects are always trying to cater to Her every need, so Her light praking is probably more to break the tension than any maliciousness.

i fine the troll thing funny but shes not a troll exsactlly just a royal prankster letting pinkie eat her cupcake and tea pranking

but princess luna does great  pranks to zapping rd with a cloud to me that was the best!!!! of princess luna giving rd her own medicine

Edited by pinkieshyrose

I don't like the trollestia jokes or think celestia is a tyrant, but the Ticket Master supports the fact she is indeed a troll.

• Brohoof 1

She's far from a tyrant and hardly a troll. She seems like a very kindly individual who knows how to rule in a soft yet firm manner.  She also has a sense of humour but far from being a troll.

• Brohoof 1

She doesn't seem to be a tyrant, and if she was, nopony has expressed any hatred of her rule. A benevolent tyrant would certainly be interesting, although not make much sense. But more importantly, do you like bananas?

Edited by Brosparkles

She doesn't seem to be a tyrant, and if she was, nopony has expressed any hatred of her rule. A benevolent tyrant would certainly be interesting, although not make much sense. But more importantly, do you like bananas?

Oh nonononononononononono. I- I dunno if I like bananas. I don't like bananas! PLEASE don't send me to the moon! *canon opens up and gets blasted off to the moon*

As a Celestia fanboy here are my answers ;)

Is Celestia a tyrant?....no

Is Celestia a troll?....no

Do you enjoy Trollestia jokes? Well at the beginning they were quite ok, but the community has the habit to overdo jokes. Nowadays I think they are really annoying and Bronies should stop beating a dead horse. Same applies to the "Solar Empire/New Lunar Republic"  with the only difference that this stuff was total ridiculous and lame from the beginning. *rollseyes*

Why are people so negative when it comes to authority? It seems like they just can't get it into their minds that a "ruler" can be a good person.

• Brohoof 3

As a Celestia fanboy here are my answers ;)

Is Celestia a tyrant?....no

Is Celestia a troll?....no

Do you enjoy Trollestia jokes? Well at the beginning they were quite ok, but the community has the habit to overdo jokes. Nowadays I think they are really annoying and Bronies should stop beating a dead horse. Same applies to the "Solar Empire/New Lunar Republic"  with the only difference that this stuff was total ridiculous and lame from the beginning. *rollseyes*

Why are people so negative when it comes to authority? It seems like they just can't get it into their minds that a "ruler" can be a good person.

Maybe the way politics is here that we, naturally, think it applies to Equestria. But like someone else said, Equestria is an idealistic place where an unelected ruler isn't a bad thing. :P

• Brohoof 1

Maybe the way politics is here that we, naturally, think it applies to Equestria. But like someone else said, Equestria is an idealistic place where an unelected ruler isn't a bad thing. :P

I know that a lot of rulers were bad, but there where also some that are considered "good" rulers like f.e. Charlemagne or Alexander the Great. Also some Queens like Elisabeth ;)

And Equestria has an "historical" touch, so I think rulers and castles just seem fine and normal :)

• Brohoof 2

Nope. Those are just fanon jokes, which a lot of people seem to take too seriously. Celestia has been shown to be a kind ruler, who would never put herself before her subjects.

I have to admit though, I find both jokes hilarious, and I'd always love to see more.

• Brohoof 1

Trollestia, when played in show-like and lighthearted fashion, is funny, but the "GO TO THE MOOOOON" stuff is really getting old.

Celestia is a kind, responsible leader with a good sense of humor who has to get bogged down in a lot of bureaucratic business and sometimes tries to blow off steam. This makes her a perfect counterpoint to her hyper-organized pupil and her somewhat childish and out of touch sister. 

She is not Trollestia, Molestia, or an evil entrantress who does evil dances and sends ponies TO THE MOOOOOOON.

• Brohoof 2

It seems to me that some people like to grab on to anything negative or just interpret anything she does as negative. Celestia is playful with he Cakes at what was supposed to be a casual get together. Of coarse that means shes evil. Celestia forgot to mention Philomena was a phoenix to Fluttershy, a pony she had read had extensive knowledge of animals. It couldn't have just been a mistake no she must be evil. Celestia only gives two tickets to the gala. It couldn't have just slipped her mind after all its not like she is a princess or anything. Definatly evil.

Though it seems far less prominant a feature of the fandom now though its still pretty prominant.

• Brohoof 2