Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Quest for the Forbidden Temple-Take 2-RP

Ice Storm

When Daylight mentioned that he could make it temporarily brighter, but it would tire him out quickly, it made Ice hesitant, and she almost immediately wanted to tell him to hold off, but before she could react the area was becoming brighter. This isn't good... These winds are getting colder and colder by the second to the point to were it's even starting to go through my ice. Daylight isn't going to last very long with the spell like that, as it already looks like it's taking a nasty toll on him.... she thought to herself with a sigh. I can only hope that we find something soon, she concluded in her mind. Iron Wing had extended her wings in the front of the group to try to block out some of the wind, but even she was starting to feel the effects.

Ice kept a look out. With the radius of Daylight's spell greatly increased she didn't want to waste any time not searching for shelter. If worst came to absolute worse, she could make a shelter, but to make one big enough for all of them would likely leave her unconscious for a day or two at least. Time that they didn't have. Just then she spotted an opening in a hill near by. "A cave!" she stated loudly pointing it out. No sooner had she pointed it out though, howling could be heard off in the distance. "Everypony move and get to the cave now! We can not fight anything in this condition, and I can seal it off!" she yelled, as adrenaline started to flow a bit in her veins briefly warming her up as she bolted towards the cave.

• Brohoof 2

Electrobolt was beginning to shiver uncontrollably as the winds continued to pick up. He was really hoping that the winds would die down, but they instead chose to do the opposite. As they continued trying to endure, the winds would only pick up, causing the young colt to quake. *I-i-if we... Don't g-g-get out of this w-w-wind soon... I... I don't want to...* He had then heard Ice speaking up, interrupting his thoughts in the process, as she asked if Daylight could somehow brighten up the light coming from his horn.

"I-it depends. I ca-can make it a lot brighter bu-but it will tire me out very quickly." He then proceeded to increase the brightness of his horn which instead of just lighting up the vicinity around them, now extended a great deal in every direction. He Stumbled slightly as he cast the spell and could already feel most of his energy being drained away from him. He wasn't used to producing this much light as he rarely needed to. "I c-can't keep this up for l-long though. W-we'll need to find so-somewhere to rest very soon."

Electrobolt then heard Daylight say that he could, indeed, make the light a lot brighter, but that it would tire him out. Before anypony had the chance to say anything, though, Day began to make his horn shine brighter, causing the light to expand in all directions. The young colt then noticed Day beginning to stumble, saying he couldn't keep the light going for much longer. He was about to go up to help stabilize his movements, when Iron Wing stepped in front of the goldenrod unicorn, spreading her wings apart to hopefully block out the winds for him.

Ice then said that she had found a cave, and requested for everypony to get moving now. Nodding the best he could, Electrobolt began to move forward, before stopping near Day. Knowing that he noticed him stumbling, the young colt was waiting next to the unicorn, as he looked over to him. "W-well... L... Let's go, a-alright...?" he asked Day, as he stayed there, hoping to help keep him stable as they head towards the cave that would protect them from the elements.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

As the group started to travel inside the forest, Alex fell in behind them.  As they walked in through the forest, they were encountered by a thickening fog.  Alex could barely see what was in front of them before Daylight shined a light for the group to be able to stay together.  However, that was when the winds started to pick up and it chilled Alex through his coat.

"I've never felt a wind this cold before, and I've walked through several blizzards and cold windy days in Canterlot in the winter. I normally rarely get bothered by cold winds," she responded in a somewhat calm, chittery voice from her teeth clattering. "That being said though. These aren't those winds... Those winds, I can't really describe them as anything other than prickly."

Alex felt concerned about that statement.  "Could this wind be from the magic that was released onto Ponyville?"  Alex thought to himself.  Alex didn't have much time to think about as he started to shiver slightly from the winds.  Alex could hear Ice trying to tell the others to look for shelter quickly and Alex looked around, but he couldn't see beyond their group.  That was when Alex saw Daylight was lighting up more of the area, but already it looked it was taxing his entire body from a combination of the cold winds and the intensity of his spell.  He could see that he was stumbling until the Iron Mare spread her wings out to block the cold for Daylight.

He could see that this was also taxing on the Iron Mare as she was shivering uncontrollably from the cold.  Alex looked towards Electrobolt who was also shivering vigorously.  

"A cave!" she stated loudly pointing it out. No sooner had she pointed it out though, howling could be heard off in the distance. "Everypony move and get to the cave now! We can not fight anything in this condition, and I can seal it off!"

Alex heard her voice as well as the tell-tale howls of the Timber-Wolves.  Alex pulled Electrobolt close to him.  "Stay close, Bolt."  Alex said to him as he too spread his wings out to cover both Electrobolt and Daylight.  Doing this also made Alex feel the cold with full intensity, but at least he didn't have a heavy metal armor on like the Iron Mare does.  "Come on, everypony.  W-we gotta g-get moving!"  Alex yelled through chattered teeth.  Already, he felt the adrenaline from his body to telling him to go for flight rather than fight as he helped his group try to stay together with each other and catch up to Ice Storm as well as the cave.

• Brohoof 2

Daylight looked down so the wind wasn't blowing in his face and making his eyes water. He could feel more and more of his energy seeping away from the longer he stood there with his horn shining at it's brightest. He shivered, as the wind beating down on him only made him feel weaker. All of a sudden he felt the wind lessen as if something was blocking it. He looked up to see the armored pegasus had her wings open and raised to block out some of the wind for him.

With this... i think... you may be able... to concentrate better..." she suggested to daylight.

"Thank you. T-That's much better" He replied to her smiling. He could now focus on looking around himself for shelter, but it ended up being Ice that spotted something. She yelled to the group to follow her then bolted towards the cave.

By this point the effects of his spell were starting to take it's toll. He was going to have to push himself to make it all the way to the cave without collapsing. Electrobolt then walked over to him checking to check he was OK and not leaving until he did himself, which he was grateful for.

"W-well... L... Let's go, a-alright...?" he asked Day, as he stayed there, hoping to help keep him stable as they head towards the cave that would protect them from the elements.

"I appreciate the c-concern Electro. Lets..." he started but then stopped due to his head that had started spinning and throbbing. He raised a hoof to his head to support and and scrunched up his face as well as closing his eyes until it passed, which was only a brief moment later.

"I'm... fine" He said as he recovered. He looked up to see Alex also helping to shield this wind away from him. He then realized they were all waiting for him, and if he didn't start moving, they would all freeze. Determination filled him as he wasn't about to let all these ponies down who were risking their own lives just for him.

@@Iron Wing, @@Electrobolt, @

"Alright everypony, Lets go!" He said loudly, and with a determined look took off after Ice Storm who he could still just see in the distance thanks to his light spell.

• Brohoof 1

"Everypony move and get to the cave now! We can not fight anything in this condition, and I can seal it off!"

Iron Wing heard this with delight and started to get the way to the cave. It was a bit off the way they were going but this was ok. She stepped slowly but constant through bushes to reach the cave. The cold was immens and she did not want to take down her wings until the group was in the cave. Like a tank she made her way with great efford. She didn´t say anything because it was already too cold and the only thought was to reach the safety. Of course it wasn´t the first time that she was confronted with cold winds but this event surely took a toll on her stamina. "Nearly there..." she said to the others and finally after some exhausting minutes of walking through the wind she reached the entry of the cave.

She entered it and watched the others following her, always cautious that everypony made it and nopony fell behind. Iron Wing was sure that this would be a very cold night and the group had to rest some time and regain strength. She looked around and found a good place where the wind didn´t reach. Of course the stone itself was cold, but still better than the wind outside. "Hmm... we... we cannot make a... a fire within this cave... the smoke would be... too much..." she said shivering. Iron started stretching and do some exercises to regain some body heat. "You should do that too, it will get... get you warm again. We have done that...  in our military training exercises. It sure helps..." she said to the others. She saw that Light was very exhausted from his light spell. Perhaps he couldn´t do the exercises she figured, so she pulled out a blanked out of her saddlebag she had with her. She covered Light with the blanked and smiled a bit. "That will get you warm again. I have this one always with me for outdoor use if i have to stay within wilderness. You can have it, i´ll do the first night watch. Get some rest everypony." she said and took a position where she could see the entrance of the cave.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 1

Upon Ice stating that she had found a cave everypony and her bolted it towards the hole in the hillside as fast as the winds around them would let them, which was, to no surprise, not very fast. A tortuous would have been able to walk faster than they could hat the moment with as hard and cold as the winds were blowing. Iron Wing was still pushing foward, and as soon as they got to the cave Ice was exhausted. AS soon as the last pony made it in she sealed the cave shut with a wall of ice leaving a slit open at the top and the bottom to let oxygen flow thought for the night.

The cave itself was still dark and cold, but it was already warmer than it was outside, and while it was most likely still a bit too cold for everypony else, Ice at the very least was comfortable. She heard Iron Wing mention that a fire wouldn't be a good idea because of the smoke. "At the moment, if we kept an eye on it, a small fire might be necessary if body temperatures have dropped too low. Ice is my primary element and my special ability, and I was having difficulty with those temperatures. if we use it just long enough to get those who need it warm, then the smoke shouldn't built up too fast," she stated as she looked up to the height of the cave. "Then again, it's probably something that we're better off not risking," she commented as she heard her say that she would take first watch. "Alright, I'll accompany you. We should keep watch in pairs as to keep the other from accidentally nodding off. That being said, that ice is thick enough, unless it's a dragon we all should be fine," Ice said confidently.

• Brohoof 2

As he moved along with Alex, Daylight, Iron Wing, and Ice on their way to the cave, he continued shivering. His shivers, however, lessened thanks to Iron Wing spreading her wings out, even if only by a tiny amount. After some length of time, everypony had entered the cave, as Ice eventually sealed the entrance with a wall of ice, leaving a small enough gap at the top and the bottom of the wall to allow for fresh air. *We... We made it...* thought the young colt, his shivering toned down by a good amount.

Taking a breath of the cool cave air, he allowed himself to fall onto the ground. Although the cave was cold, it was at least better than the frigid winds outside of the cave. But it was still rather cold, and he was still freezing from the winds, so he was still shivering. When Iron Wing spoke up, she seemed to be doing some exercises of sorts, adding that it would help in warming them up. Thinking that might help out, he slowly stumbled to his hooves, before trying to do some of the exercises. Although he was doing the best he could, he wound up stumbling pretty often.

As he picked himself up for the fourth time, he saw Iron Wing approaching Daylight, before covering him with a blanket. Even though he would like a blanket too, that was most likely the only one the group had - not to mention Day needed it more, considering he drained himself from over-exerting himself with the light magic. Trying once again, albeit shivering, he continued trying to do those exercises. After tripping a few more times, he gave up.

It was then that Ice had spoken up, most likely in response to Iron's suggestion to the night watch idea to make sure they would be safe. She had offered to do watches in pairs, so that if one was about to go to sleep, the other would be able to keep them awake. *So the... The first watch is Ice and... And Iron Wing...* he thought, shivering a little less after several attempts at the exercises having managed to warm him up, even if only a little more. *I assume that... That next will be me and Alex...* He then glanced over to where Alex is, wondering what he was doing.

• Brohoof 3

Galloping as fast as he could towards the cave after Ice Storm, along with the rest of the group. He was still felt cold to the wings. The fact that the female pegasus was in front of them with her wings still outstretched to block some of the cold for them helped, but he thought that his tiredness was increasing the effects of the cold. "She must be rather cold  to be still doing that..." he thought. "But at least she has that armour to help her."

He could see the cave coming up quickly. His energy was almost gone by this point but he wasn't about to give up. With a final push he made it into the cave, and then collapsed. Painting, he was exhausted. As soon as everypony was in the cave Ice went ahead and sealed up the entrance with Ice just as she said she would do. Without the wind blowing on them it was much better but he still couldn't help shivering because of the cold.

He heard the female pegasus mention doing exercises to warm themselves up as she was doing but he didn't feel like he had the strength to. Sensing this, she pulled a blanket out of her Saddlebag and used it to cover him with it.

You can have it, i´ll do the first night watch. Get some rest everypony."

"Thank you but I can't accept this..." he began but she had already walked over to the entrance of the cave to take the first guard shift, followed by Ice Storm. He could see that she was a completely selfless pony and always put others first which he admired as he wished he could be like that.

He looked over at Electrobolt, who was trying to do the exercises the female pegasus had done but kept falling over. He couldn't help giggling watching him stumble so many times, but then felt sorry for him when he stop as he could see he was still shivering. he then got an idea. Getting up, he walked over next to Electrobolt and sat back down and used the blanket to cover the both of them.

"There, that should help", he said to him smiling. "The heat from both our bodies should keep us warm too". He could feel the soft fur of Electro against his, which he found rather comforting. He wasn't attracted to Electro in any way but, he was enjoying being close to him. He felt like he was sitting next a long lost close friend.

Even though now he was partly uncovered due to doing this he couldn't go and hog the blanket to himself and be selfish after everything the female pegasus had done for him.

Watching her guard the entrance with Ice Storm he asked Electro, "What's that female pegasus's name?" pointing to her with his hoof. "She has really done us all a service especially me so far. It would be nice if we could do something for her... but I guess the opportunity will come along soon enough considering the dangerous mission were on..." he went on trailing off in thought.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 5

Alex moved side by side between Electrobolt and Daylight as he used both wings for the two ponies.  It was ridiculously cold for Alex, but eventually, they made it inside the cave before they freezed to death.  Once inside, he saw Ice Storm seal up the entrance, save for two slots for allowing fresh air to travel into their cave and back out.

Alex saw that Daylight broke away from the shield group he was a part of and Alex brought his wings back to his side, instantly starting to feel a bit warmer, but not much.

He saw that the Iron Mare started doing some exercises to warm up her body and recommended to the group to do that as well.  Alex thought to be a good idea as well as he got down on the ground and used his wings to do push-ups to warm up and strengthen his wings at the same time.  Alex started to sweat a bit from the strain of the exercises as he moved on to using his hooves to warm them up.  Before long, he felt much warmer than when he came in.

Alex got back up to his hooves and heard the Iron Mare suggest having somepony stand watch with Ice Storm seconding it with suggesting to have two ponies stand watch to make sure that one could keep the other awake.  Alex saw that Ice Storm and the iron-clad Pegasus were the first ones.  He saw that Electrobolt was looking at him expectantly.  Alex chuckled a bit before speaking up.  "So, Bolt.  You wanna stand watch with me next?"  Alex asked him cheerfully.

• Brohoof 3

While Electrobolt was looking at Alex, he saw that the pegasus was doing some exercises of his own. Shaking his head, he went to rest his head down on the cave floor, still shivering slightly. Just then, however, he felt something soft covering him. Curious, he looked over and saw Daylight lying right next to him, the blanket covering both the goldenrod unicorn and the lime-green earth pony as best as it could. As Daylight spoke, he nodded, agreeing that this would indeed help them both warm up. Looking at Daylight's face, along with them being like this, had placed a small smile on the young colt's face. "Thanks, Daylight..." he spoke up, before looking at what was in front of him.

---

As he was lying there with Daylight, he felt something inside of him, some sort of warmth. Looking back to Daylight, he couldn't help but see Daylight as being a sort of brotherly figure to him. Closing his eyes, he thought back to his family. It was only his mother, his father, and himself. No brother, no sister, that was it. Every day, his parents would end up going to do their jobs, leaving Electrobolt to take care of himself. He was more than capable of taking care of himself, yet deep down inside, he felt as if there was something missing.

On one of those days, he was out at the park, just casually walking through and taking in the warmth of the sun, when he saw a young colt, only a few years younger than him, playing with an older colt who seemed to be the younger colt's brother. Even though he smiled at the sight, in his heart, he felt a slight tinge of jealousy. For fifteen years, it had just been him and his parents, with nopony else to call his brother or sister. As he continued, he saw a little filly sitting at one of the park benches, making arts and crafts with her sister, a slightly older filly. Again, even though he smiled at the scene, he felt that jealousy again.

As the days went by, he began to wonder why he was the only child in his family. He wished he could have had a big brother or a little sister to play with and have fun. Even though he had his friends to play with, he felt it wouldn't be quite the same as actually having a sibling to be there. Even though he felt like letting out a few tears, he held them in as he put on a calm and friendly outwards appearance, as if there was nothing wrong at all.

---

As he opened his eyes, he thought back to Daylight's actions, as he recalled how he thought he was being something like a brother figure to the young colt. The small smile was still on his face, as he pondered, *I wonder... Is this how big brothers are like...? Are they there to help you out if you need them...? Would they always be willing to take care of you no matter what...? If so, then... I wish Daylight could be my big brother...*

Watching her guard the entrance with Ice Storm he asked Electro, "What's that female pegasus's name?" pointing to her with his hoof. "She has really done us all a service especially me so far. It would be nice if we could do something for her... but I guess the opportunity will come along soon enough considering the dangerous mission were on..." he went on trailing off in thought.

Electrobolt snapped out of his train of thought as he heard Daylight asking about the name of the pegasus that was now guarding the entrance to the cave with Ice Storm. Clearing his mind out for now, he responded, "Oh yeah, her name is Iron Wing. Yeah, she really did help you out, huh?" As he looked over to the iron-clad mare, he then heard Alex speaking up, saying something about the next shift. Looking over to him, he said, "Oh, well I kinda figured we would be the next ponies to stand guard, so yeah..."

• Brohoof 2

Iron Wing had come to a more or less comfortable position to sit down and watch the entrance of the cave. She stretched her wings which made an ugly cracking noise. The cold wasn´t that good for her wings after all and a little tear slipped down her face for the pain the stretching had triggered. After a short time she fold her wings to normal and watched the entrance together with Ice Storm. Iron was unordinary exhausted from the walk to the cold winds and she would be happy to never do this again. It wasn´t that freezing within the cave since Ice Storm did a fine spell to block the entry. "So magic can be useful after all..." she said while looking at the ice that blocked off the freezing wind. She had a bit problems with concentration to do her duty as a guard. Why was it that difficult? Iron Wing had done dozen of night watches even without getting much rest or sleep, so why was it that hard this time?

She shook her head a bit with the idea to get rid of the bad feeling, instead she just felt dizzy for a short time. Now wasn´t the time for slacking off so she tried to concentrate a bit more. "Ice Storm? I have a question... you said earlier that this was no ordinary wind. Even as an ice element unicorn you were freezing... So tell me, is it possible that this wind has something like a mind and did that on purpose?" she asked her guardian companion. So far Iron Wing was impressed with the knowledge and leadership abilities Ice possessed. She also started to get a liking of the other ponies within the group. She had to protect all of them, at all costs! Her determination gave her a warming smile on her face while thinking about the group.

• Brohoof 2

Ice watched and made sure that everypony else was okay before she began to settle down herself. Daylight had moved over to where Electrobolt was laying and they shared the blanket that Iron Wing had handed to Daylight. Good, at least they will be able to keep warm tonight, she thought to herself as she continued to scan around. She heard Alex ask bold if he was going to take next watch with him, and Electrobolt state that he had already been counting on it. A soft smile came over her face as she heard everypony for the most part getting along, but the smile in of itself was only a mask, hiding an endless amount of dread and worry that had over taken her. Right now, the safety of every pony in Equestria rested on the five of them being successful in stopping the most evil and destructive winds that have ever blown through the land.

Her thoughts were snapped though as she heard Iron wing address her, asking if the winds had a mind and if it had become as cold as it had on purpose and acknowledged the fact that she had been freezing herself even though she was an ice element pony. "To be completely honest, I have no idea. It's too hard to say at this point if there is somepony else controlling the winds, if they are a living thing of their own, or if perhaps a new second wind had started blowing that she haven't heard of yet. One thing is for sure though, if those winds are still up tomorrow, it will be a struggle for me. I can very easily shield everypony else from the winds, but I'd be lying if I would say it would be completely safe. I have no idea how far we are from the moon palace, and if it's of any great distance, well, It could cause issues. To put it simply, unicorns who end up using more magic than their body is capable of safely exerting.... don't usually wake up again. At least, that's what I was taught. Thankfully, I've never had to test that, but I'm not afraid to do so if I have to," she stated firmly looking back at everypony behind her. "If my life will save millions more, then I wouldn't think twice about giving it up," she stated matter-of-factly.

"My biggest worry though is that these winds have already reached Canterlot. I know that Princess Celestia had stated that she was virtually immune to the winds, but, as cold as it may sound... I'm more worried about Princess Luna. She's by far one of the closest friends I've had and she's helped me through so much. Which is one of the many reasons why I get upset if anypony disrespects her. She deserves so much more love and respect than she receives. I can't honestly say that I'd be alive today if it hadn't been for her inspiration and her guidance watching over me," she told her just making conversation through the watch.

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 3

Iron Wing rested while listening to the ice blue mare. It was nice to have a friendly voice next to her. She said something about that Princess Luna was a personal friend of Ice Storm. Iron Wing sighed while thinking about the Princesses. She was responsible for most of the night scouting missions that were directed by Luna and the military, but she never had the chance to talk to even one of the Princesses yet. She listened to Ice Storm until she was finished talking. "Well, i don´t disrespect the Princesses... but i don´t think that they watch over me. Celestia and Luna are both Ponies i never had the chance to talk, so why would they bother to think about me if they never heard of me? It just makes no sense. But i don´t blame them for this fact. After all, i am just a guardian pony with the normal military risks." she replied to Ice Storm.

"You never should use your magic to a point were you aren´t able to wake up again. There a always a couple of ways to reach the goal. We are a team, so we all will help you to reach the finish line. We will get to the source and put it out for good. Just trust in this group! We are all working together already, and that after nearly a day." Iron Wing said with a determined voice. She trusted this group of ponies. She didn´t know why, but it really didn´t matter. Iron just knew that everything would be ok if the group stays together and if everypony keeped helping each other.

She watched the entry of the cave carefully while she rested and restored her strength. It wasn´t even cold anymore within the cave and her body had started to heat up again. Iron spreaded her wings and folded them again a several times. The armor covered most of her body, also a part of her wings. The folding made mechanical noises while moving the wings. She was very proud of her family given armor and she was wearing it with boast. Of course there were armores that looked more beautiful and spectacular, but why should she wear something like that? The armor itself didn´t tell anypony about the one wearing it. Her armor was simple, but heavy and tough. Everypony that would see Iron Wing in action could make his or her own decision what to think about the wearer.

Iron Wing looked at Ice Storm for a short time. "Well, Luna isn´t the only pony that will watch over you..." she said, hoping to give Ice more courage for the upcoming day.

• Brohoof 1

Daylight watched Electrobolt as he looked at peace while he was remembering something. Day began to think about how he had been a only colt growing up. He had been lonely most of his foal hood, mainly keeping to himself and not mingling with the other young ponies. The truth was... at the time he didn't know how to get along with them, and whenever he tired he just made a fool of himself so he gave that up pretty quickly. he remembered just simply watching the other ponies play and fun form afar, something he wished he could do. When he went home it wasn't any different as he had no siblings and he eventually got used to the solitude and didn't want to be around other ponies at all.

Now that he was older he had learnt a lot from simply observing other ponies and when he became a detective he was happy that he could work alone but... there was still a part of him that yearned for the company of other ponies and to have somepony who was close to him that he could care for. Still watching Electro all peaceful with his eyes closed, he remembered something that had been burred deep inside him from his years of solitude, how much he had desperately wanted a brother. As Electro opened his eyes and looked at him, he smiled, a very happy smile, as he had never felt this content for as long as he could remember. If it was the last thing he would do it was to take care of Electro and make sure no harm came to him.

They both then snapped out of their train of thoughts, as Electro began to answer the question he had forgotten he had even asked. "Iron Wing..." He thought studying the pegasus. "The name is rather fitting for her appearance." he watched Iron Wing as she conversed with Ice Storm near the entrance of the cave guarding the group from anything that may try to break though. Day then turned his attention to the other pegasus who had spoken to Electro. From the way he had spoken to him he assumed that they knew each other.

@, @@Electrobolt

"You two know each other I assume?" He said looking back and forth at the two of them. "You both live in Ponyville right? My condolences for any friends or relatives who were unfortunately effected by these strange winds. Try not to worry too much about them though as worry isn't going to solve this problem, only we can." he said rather determinately. He was however hiding the doubt that was inside him as he said this though.

• Brohoof 3

The cave was still a bit cool, but had soon reached the perfect temperature for Ice after she had blocked off the entrance to the cave. Granted, her perfect temperature was considerably lower than most ponies, but this didn't seem to bother her in the slightest. She listened carefully as Iron wing spoke to her. She told her that she meant no disrespect, but she didn't thing that either of the princesses watched over her at all. That she hadn't met either of the princesses, and that the thought of them caring about a pony that they had never met didn't make any sense to her. She also explained that she shouldn't ever use her magic to the pint to where she even ran the risk over-exertion. That they were all a team and that they would all make sure that she made it to finish line just as everypony else would. That they were already working very well together and that they hadn't even been together for a full day yet.

Ice looked back to the others behind her whom still seemed to be talking rather than resting. She was both happy about this, yet slightly annoyed because they were supposed to be resting so that they would be ready to go in the morning. At the same time though, she knew that if nopony knew each other around them, then the chances of them being able to work in sync in a mission as critical as this one is. Instead she just smiled at everypony getting along as Iron Wing had said and then turned back towards her as she said that at least Luna wouldn't be the only pony watching over her for a while. She smiled again. "Thank you. And thank you as well, for being respectful towards Luna. You'd be surprised how little of that she actually gets. She knows that there are many out there that she hasn't been able to meet, and countless more that she will never get an opportunity to. The only thing she wants is to be accepted, and to have friends just like anypony else, and feel loved by everypony like how they feel for her sister. Instead, most ponies I've run into have been quick to shun her, and likewise myself for even being of association with her. It's not fair to her that everypony alive today harshly judges her for something that occurred several generations before their own," she spoke through a sigh.

"What everypony doesn't realize, was it was that very same loneliness that caused her to change in the first place, and she felt like she had been abandoned by everypony. Something of which... I'm quite familiar with the feeling of myself. It's not an easy hole to fill, and now many actively try to avoid her. It's quite saddening to have to be surprised when somepony doesn't run away from her. It was the only thing I ever regret about moving to Ponyville is that now I'm so far away from her. That I can't visit her every other night like I used to. I'd never stay the night of course. It'd be awkward to say the least, and I can't say that I'm all too thrilled about falling asleep tonight. I'll have to make sure I'm as far away from everypony else as possible," she finished before turning the conversation back to the group at hand.

"And I'm sure that we'll have to do a lot more together, and we'll all need to be able to work together as fluently as possible. I just hope those winds die down a bit so that we can at least get to the palace. It should literally be only a few hours walk from here. The biggest thing that concerns me though is I have no idea what that second wind is... I knew the feeling of what the Nightingale's Feathers felt like, but that icy wind was something completely different. Hopefully the source of that wind is in the same spot. Otherwise we may have another large scale issue on our hooves," she said looking back to the others. "That being said though, Even with everypony else watching over me, I will protect everypony in this group with my life. Right now, we are the only thing standing between these winds, and the end of pony-kind. No matter the costs, we can't fail," he stated sternly at the end. To her, failure meant the end of the world. She was not about to be responsible for that. 

"What about you? You mentioned you were part of the Nightwatch, and your armor is unlike anything I've ever seen. What is it like? I would have loved to have been part of that, but my temperamental nature would have made it a liability. I have a difficult enough time not sealing a pony's throat shut with ice once because they trashed my store in Canterlot. I nearly lost control of my magic right there and done something I would have regretted for eternity... so... yeah... definitely not guard material," she said with a whimsical laugh.

• Brohoof 1

"What about you? You mentioned you were part of the Nightwatch, and your armor is unlike anything I've ever seen. What is it like? I would have loved to have been part of that, but my temperamental nature would have made it a liability. I have a difficult enough time not sealing a pony's throat shut with ice once because they trashed my store in Canterlot. I nearly lost control of my magic right there and done something I would have regretted for eternity... so... yeah... definitely not guard material,"

Iron Wing sighed with this question as she looked at Ice Storm. "Well, i was part of the Nightwatch. There are different types of guardians. The normal guards within a town that are responsible for law and order, the border and patrol guards that are placed within watchtowers to scout the area around a town and the borders of the country, the palace guards that protect the palace from intruders and the royal guards that are directly under the command of a royal pony such as the princesses. These are the greatest guards of all, protecting the princesses with their lifes. I am within the border and patrol guards. My job is to scout the area around my watchtower, scanning for hostile monsters or dangerous areas to record them on a map and write my report to the high command." she started to explain. She looked towards the exit of the cave like staring at nothing. "The Nightwatch patrol was a beautiful job to do. I was stationed in canterlot and my duty started on the time when Luna watches over Equestria at night. There aren´t much guards on the Nightwatch, but they are all proud of taking this duty. It is a beautiful image if you fly through the night with a bright and shiny moon within the skies, illuminating the land blow you within a romantic light. You feel the wind glide through your wings and you enjoy the magnificent view that is shown to you by the given light of Lunars moon." she told Ice like telling about a dream. It surely was a very interesting job to have, no disturbance from other ponies.

"Hmm... the commanding pony was a bit worried about me i guess. He tried to convince me in change the shift in order to get a bit more time in finding some friends. I didn´t have any friends that time at the nightwatch, thats true. So he made a request with his superior to get me to a watchtower within ponyville since he heared that the bearers of friendship are here too. Now i am here for about 3 weeks and i get stuck with a quest to save much ponies i don´t even know. I didn´t even have the chance to settle a bit." she continued telling her little story. Then Ice Storm questioned about her armor. Iron Wing smiled a bit and stood up. She took off her main armor, exept for the wing armament parts and lay it on the ground. "Well, if you don´t know how it is to wear such an armor, just try it. I am pretty sure that you have almost the same body measurements like i have... well, exept for the muscles i guess." she said with a smile, offering Ice to wear her armor. "The armor is a traditional family armor, produced for me to wear it. I have to be honest, i requested more changes on the armor than it should have. This armor has three armor layers and it is fed on the inside with a warm wool and leather combination. It´s better to wear with something like that inside. Also the metal that is used for this armor is more heavy in weight. Most normal ponies can not handle such a weight and of course there aren´t many ponies that are strong enough to even fly with it." she told Ice with a very proud expression on her face. "I can handle it because i spend years of my life to train on construction sites, helping to lift very huge objects and transport material. Maybe i overdid my training, but i cannot complain with the results..." she smirked.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

Ice watched and listened as Iron Wing spoke about the different guards and what responsibilities that they had. It was quite interesting to say the least. She always knew about the Royal Guard and their duties from her time spent with the princess, but the other factions of the ranks were quite intriguing. If would definitely be a surefire way to be able to spend as much time as I'd like with Luna that's for sure, she thought to herself listening as Iron wing continued. She said that she was part of a border patrol, and that her job was basically to scout the area and record where monsters in the area were and report her findings back to her superiors. Ice nodded as she followed along. She added that she used to be stationed in Canterlot, but her commanding officer wanted her to socialize more and try to make some friends so he reassigned her to the Ponyville Watchtowers.

She further said that the Nightwatch though was one of the must beautiful and rewarding jobs that she had, and when Luna's moon hit just right in the sky, everything was breathtaking. Ice could only smile and nod in agreement. She thought back to her mentor, and the time that was spent with her. Iron Wing then mentioned though that she had only been here for a few weeks before this whole mess began happening and that she hadn't even really had time to settle in here yet. Now she had to help save the world with ponies she barely knew. Ice was going to respond, but it appeared that she wasn't finished yet and she was correct.

She watched as Iron wing removed her armor, saying that if she wanted to, she could try it on. She presumed that they both had measurements that were fairly close so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. She explained that the armor was a set passed down from generations in her family and that she had to go through an immense amount of training just to be able to fly with it. She also explaing that there were multiple parts to the armor and went a bit into what the armor was made of. "As much as I would love to try it on, I'm afraid I'd nave no idea how to actually get it on, or off for that matter, and I'd rather not run the risk of damaging it accidentally. I so appreciate the offer though," she smiled to her.

"As far as not being in Ponyville long, I can't say that I'm too much better off. I've only been in Ponyville for a few months. Thankfully I was able to get a place of my own before too long. While I lived in Canterlot though, I'd always hear about Twilight and her friends being the Element bearers and how important that they were to Equestria. They have received so much recognition from both of the princesses, and I'd... well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little bit jealous of that fact, but I can't complain. They have princess Celestia as one of their close friends and I have Princess Luna. I used to always dream about having a chance to save the world though. Little did I know that I was actually going to get a chance to do so... Guess it's one of those 'be careful what you wish for' type of things," she said making a soft laugh before realizing that she would have to sleep tonight. She let out a sight and turned back to the entrance to the cave.

• Brohoof 1

When Daylight looked back to Iron Wing, Electrobolt looked over as well. Both Ice and Iron Wing were talking to each other as they were standing guard, using the opportunity to talk to keep them awake over the course of the shift. He knew that when their shift ended, it would be his turn with Alex. As the young colt looked back to the pegasus, he wondered if he would be able to stay up all night without falling asleep. However, he then recalled that Alex asked him if he wanted to watch the next shift with him, so he figured he would be fine.

"You two know each other I assume?" He said looking back and forth at the two of them. "You both live in Ponyville right? My condolences for any friends or relatives who were unfortunately effected by these strange winds. Try not to worry too much about them though as worry isn't going to solve this problem, only we can."

When Daylight spoke up, Electro returned his attention to the goldenrod unicorn. As he spoke, he offered his condolences for their friends and relatives who had been affected. His mind quickly flashed back to the sight of his parents, and he had wanted to tear up again. However, this time, instead of tears streaming down his face, a warm smile found its way on his face. Nodding, he responded, "Yeah, we do know each other. And thanks, Day. You're right, we shouldn't worry ourselves about that. I have a good feeling that we'll get through this together, and fix everything up."

He didn't know why he felt very confident, or why he was smiling. But perhaps it was because he was with Daylight, and he saw the unicorn as a big brother to him. Whatever it was, he liked this feeling and did not want to lose it. But this wasn't the time to concern himself over this. Looking over to Alex, he spoke up, "Hey, Alex. I'm ready to take the next shift whenever you are."

• Brohoof 2

As Alex looked on at the young green colt speak his opinion about the different shifts, he felt a little bit satisfied with him.  After that little talk about the shifts, he heard Electrobolt explain about what the Iron Mare is called, which he learned was Iron Wing.  "Ah, okay then.  I just thinking of her as the Iron Mare."  Alex said to them with a chuckle.

"You two know each other I assume?" He said looking back and forth at the two of them. "You both live in Ponyville right? My condolences for any friends or relatives who were unfortunately effected by these strange winds. Try not to worry too much about them though as worry isn't going to solve this problem, only we can." he said rather determinately. He was however hiding the doubt that was inside him as he said this though.

Alex was surprised by Daylight's question.  "Oh, yeah.  I mean, I met him on several occassions.  Heh, this Earth Pony sure knew how to play video games well without the use of magic like most of the unicorns that I have seen playing them."  Alex said to Daylight while making a quick glance at Electrobolt.

When Daylight mentioned about any friends or relatives being affected by the mysterious winds, his mind drifted back to the ivory unicorn he had cared for.  She was the only thing in his life that went right and when he saw that she wasn't waking up, he felt alone just like he was back in Fillydelphia at the orphanage.  He turned his head away from the two to hide the single tear he was shedding. After he dried up his tear, he turned back to the two.  "We'll get this done.  I know we will as long as we stick together."  Alex said to Daylight and Electrobolt who asked if he was ready to take the next shift.  "Yeah, I'm ready whenever you are, Bolt."  Alex said breezily to him.

Edited by Alex_Night
  • Brohoof 3

It was such an odd ice-cold breeze coming from between the eerie-looking trees of the forest - easily odder than the usual supernatural events from the Everfree Forest. Unexplainable things started happening to the pony folk after those same winds carried along the mysterious Nightingale's Feathers, reaching a point where Princess Celestia herself turned uneasy. Felix North, as reckless as he is, decided to go take a look himself.

The young earth pony had recently traveled his way from Canterlot to Ponyville, and was now willing to uncover this mystery that has been bothering the whole forest and anything near it. Wearing a large coat and holding a lantern with his mouth, he wandered alone, aimlessly. The cold breeze, added with the nightfall that had just came, and the fear of the strange forest creatures made the journey almost unbearable. Even though Felix was used to nocturnal activities and a share of the Everfree Forest also held dearly some of his past, finding a safe place to go through the night would be very handy. After all, the adventure would most likely last much longer.

Fighting back the gusts of wind unaware of the danger he was putting himself in, he searched around, as far as his sight could reach, for a sheltered and steady hideout, such as a cave or an abandoned hut of some sort. From afar, Felix managed to spot what appeared to be a cave. Just perfect. Trotting carefully and slowly approaching said location, he came close enough to notice that the entrance was blocked by a large wall of ice, with only very small openings at the top and bottom. Apparently that wouldn't be an available hideout.

The situation wasn't looking good overall at that point. Felix was starting to feel the consequences of his reckless journey through the cold forest: he began shivering and suddenly was struck by harsh fatigue and weakness. Looking around the area, no other safe spot such as the obstructed cave could be seen nearby. Lying down his lantern on the ground beside him, he decided to better inspect the ice and see if something could be done about it.

Nothing could be seen inside, and the light emitting from his lantern also didn't seem to help whatsoever. Praying for the wall to not be as thick as it looked, he tapped his hoof on it a few times, and the echoing sound of it could be heard throughout the entire cave.

Felix also considered the possibility of creatures hiding behind that ice barrier, but unable to reason properly at the moment, he just wished for the creatures - if any - to be harmless, as he continued to bash his front hooves against the ice structure hoping to be able to break it down as soon as possible.

Edited by DrizzleSTAR
  • Brohoof 2

She let out a sight and turned back to the entrance to the cave.

Iron Wing put on her armor again since Ice Storm didn´t want to wear it and smiled a bit at her words. "You seem a bit tired... perhaps we should let the others guard the entrance soon." Iron suggested and looked back at the others. Electrobolt, Daylight and Alex seemed to get along great. Perhaps she should spend some time with them too. For a short time she got a sad expression on her face, looking at a group of ponies that slowly getting friends. Iron never had much friends at her time at Canterlot. Friendship was something very rare in her life, and the only pony that she had called a friend was Blazing Storm. But Blaze was buzy in Canterlot at this time and Iron Wing hoped that she would not be affected from the magical winds. It was nice to see that this group had much nice and calm ponies who cared for each other and her hope grow from minute to minute to make some new friends. Even in this dark hour were they had to stay within this cave, Iron Wing´s hope got a new and fresh flame that started to burn brightly, and her expression turned into a warm and determined smile.

But then she heared some creature bashing against the ice barrier. "There is someone or something!" Iron said, and got ready for fighting. "Ice Storm, can you make the ice barrier transparent? We could see who tries to brake in, it would be very helpfull. I want to be ready for everything that tries to come into this cave..." she said to the ice unicorn. She got up and readied her combat armor for a full assault. Whatever tried to get into, Iron Wing would show this creature all of her strength and combat experience. But perhaps this creature could be reasoned with. She got near the ice barrier were the openings where. "Here speaks the guardian of the southern watchtower, Iron Wing Celes Grayhoove! Identify yourself and lower every possible weapon or prepare for combat! I am ready to defend this cave with my life if i have to!" she stated loud and clear for the outsider to hear.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 3

Ice Storm nodded as Iron had correctly presumed the fact that she was indeed getting tired. As much as she hated it, she knew that her body would betray her and force her into the dreaded state that causes most of her problems to begin with. If only she could find a doctor that's had better answers for her other than, constantly hearing, "there's nothing we can do," from every specialist that she's seen. The only thing that she could hope for would be that everypony here wouldn't lose any respect for her or start making fun of her come morning.

Just then, however, she heard a loud thrashing and banging against the barrier that she had made and was instantly on her hooves. Iron Wing was up just as quickly after getting her armor back on and shouted a warning to the creature that was trying to break into the cave. She also asked if she could make the ice barrier transparent so that they could see what was on the other side of the wall. Ice instantly used a small amount of the energy that she had left and let a beam of her icy-blue magical aura and let it encompass the wall slowly allowing it to become completely transparent. What she saw on the other side was another pony and he was bashing at the ice trying to get through.

Ice timed it to where she created an arch for him to roll through as he bounded forward for another bash and sealed it once again behind him. Near instantly she fell to her knees as she could tell that she had used the last of her safely consumable energy, and rest now was required. She could only hope that the others at this point were aware of what was going on and could pick up some of the burden that she wouldn't be able to fulfill this time around. Not to mention with her wall up, if this pone was hostile, he was severely outnumbered and had no where to run. With in a few more moments, Ice's body finally gave out from underneath her as her body forced itself into a recovering state of rest not caring what embarrassing issues could occur during that time.

• Brohoof 5

When Alex responded to him, saying he was ready whenever, Electrobolt's smile broadened. With Alex around, he'd most likely have nothing to worry about. However, something had caught his interest, a pounding sound of sorts. Curious, he looked back to the ice wall, as he saw Ice and Iron both standing on guard. Apparently, there was something or somepony on the other side of the wall, as it was trying to break through and get in. This had caused a slight bit of concern for Electro, as he didn't know what this thing was, or why it was pounding on the wall of ice.

However, a little later, Ice then used a bit of her magic to make the wall transparent, as he then saw a pony that was trying to get into the cave. Now that he knew it was a pony, his concern lessened a little, before increasing again. If this pony somehow managed to break the wall, then there would be a gaping hole that the wind could blast in through. That would only serve to make everypony freeze. It was then that he saw Ice using her magic to open a gap in the wall, and then close the gap once the pony had tumbled through. However, once she finished that, she then collapsed as she wound up getting worn out.

Upon noticing this, Electrobolt rolled himself out from under the blanket that Daylight had shared with him. Getting back on his hooves, he looked down to Daylight with a smile as he said, "Thanks, Daylight. I feel warmer now." Then, looking back to Alex, he said, "I'm going to check on Ice." After that, he then moved as quickly as his hooves would allow him to before eventually approaching Ice. After he was next to the fallen mare, he leaned down next to her. After making sure she'd be alright, he said, "Go ahead and take it easy for now, Ice. Alex and I will take it from here, alright?"

• Brohoof 2

After drying out most of his energy trying to break through the ice wall, Felix stopped the bashing for a few seconds and let his body rest calmly on the structure, lying vertically against it. Of course, it was ice. But at the same time, it felt just so pure… Almost like it was made of magic somehow.  Perhaps that was the reason why its properties were rather unusual compared to its appearance.

But before he could think about anything else, a firm, booming voice like one of a royal guard could be heard coming from inside the cave.

"Here speaks the guardian of the southern watchtower, Iron Wing Celes Grayhoove! Identify yourself and lower every possible weapon or prepare for combat! I am ready to defend this cave with my life if i have to!"

Felix raised his ears and head, while still pressing his front hooves against the wall. The voice had identified itself as the guardian of the southern watchtower, Iron Wing, and was willing to… fight?

That certainly meant trouble – one of which Felix did not want to get involved in. Was that ordinary-looking cave the ‘southern watchtower’? It sounded serious, but very few thoughts came to his mind at that moment. After a second of loss of words due to the sudden threatening, Felix spoke up.

“I… I… I want no trouble!... I, uh… come in peace!”

As soon as that sentence was finished, the wall suddenly became transparent. Perhaps it was magic indeed: a unicorn mare was the first ‘creature’ to be seen inside, using her magic to manipulate the barrier. Not being able to react whatsoever, a gap in the ice opened below Felix’s front hooves, throwing the colt inside the hideout and closing behind him right afterwards.

He immediately got onto his hooves once again and backed himself against the wall once again, startled. Everything happened way too quickly, and he didn’t know yet if either he was saved from the violent weather of outside, or if he was put into an even more dangerous situation. Breathing heavily, Felix looked around and scanned each of the ponies inside: A light-blue pegasus colt; the ice-colored unicorn mare from before, though now looking extremely weak; a green, quite young-looking earth colt, aiding the ice mare; an armored, tough-looking pegasus mare, most likely the one to have threaten Felix earlier; and a golden-colored, tall unicorn stallion.

None of them – with the slight exception of the armored one – looked like a menace of any sort. Perhaps he could try to mingle with this group in order to continue through the forest, though nothing he knew yet about their plans. Identifying the situation hastily, he thought his medical knowledge could perhaps come in handy for those ponies. Slowly calming down, yet still a bit uneasy, Felix removed his coat’s hood and proceeded with his introduction.

“Um… My name is Felix North. I was travelling alone through the forest, looking for some place to hide from the night until I found this one… I wasn’t expecting to run into somepony else though. I apologize for the fracas I’ve caused.” He smiled awkwardly, trying to befriend with the adventurers. “If you kind ponies let me stay, at least for tonight, I promise I will help out as I can…” He then eyed the nearly fainting unicorn, giving her a concerned look.

• Brohoof 3

As both Electro and Alex both agreed on how they knew each other, Daylight was intrigued when he heard Alex say how Electro was able to play video games without the use of magic. As Alex glanced at Electro, he did too. He could clearly see he was a earth pony so for him to be able to play video games at all he would have to use his hooves, and to be better then those with magic... now that was defiantly something.

When they got to the part where he offered his condolences, Alex did what he expected, he turned his head away from the two of them sitting down, which he was certain was so they did not see him cry. Electro reacted in a way he did not expect though While he responded, he had a smile on his face, and even though Daylight wasen't the best at reading expressions because he was sitting next to him he could tell he wasn't faking it either. "Something must be giving him confidence... I wonder if it has anything to do with me..." He pondered in his head.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise which sounded like something pounding against the Ice shield that was set up from the outside. He saw Iron Wing enter into a defensive position and shouted a warning though the gap at the top of the shield. Though the wind... he could barely hear a reply, but it was a reply all the same which meant whatever creature was sentient and not some monster. Ice then preceded to do what Iron had said, and made the barrier transparent. When Day looked he could see it was a pony standing on the other side, but before he could get a better look Ice had temporally created a hole in the barrier which the unknown pony fell though the barrier which was closed behind him.

Ice then immediately collapsed, most likely of exhaustion. Following that Electro decided got up out from under the blanket to check on Ice. Day looked back to the unknown pony, who had introduced himself as Felix North, and was merely looking for somewhere to stay the night. He seemed sincere to Day, but he noticed that Iron had still not relaxed, and with their leader down, someponyelse needed to step up...

Daylight got up, the blanket still covering him and walked over to the entrance of the cave where Iron wing and Felix were standing.

@@Iron Wing

"Stand down Iron, he's friendly, and is merely looking for a place to stay" he said determinedly, raising a hoof in front of her to block her from attacking. Day then retracted his hoof and turned to speak to Felix.

@

"Welcome Felix" He said with a friendly smile. "We weren't expecting to find anyponyesle out this far either. I assume then for that our objectives must be similar. Your welcome to stay the night here with us and we can discuss both of our reasoning's for being out here. Now if you'd excuse me I have other matters I must attend to for the moment. Find a place to sit down in the cave and rest." he said while still smiling as he gestured to the inside of the cave with his hoof.

@@Iron Wing

Before he walked over to check on Ice Storm, he turned back to Iron Wing and spoke to her again.

"You should get some rest if you can. Electro and Alex can take it from here."

@@Ice Storm

He then walked over to where Electro was standing next to Ice collapsed on the ground. "Here Ice, this should help" he said to her, then picked up his blanket on his back by using his teeth and used it to cover her with it.

@@Electrobolt

Day then turned to speak to Electro. "It's now your turn to take guard." He said in a serious yet kind manner. Get Alex and look out for anything else trying to break though the shield. Now that it's transparent we can easily see outside, but that also means they can easily see inside too so you'll need to be careful. Don't worry about Ice, I'll tend to her."

@

Before he did that though he called out to Alex.

"Alex! Get up here! You're needed to take guard duty with Electro!."

@@Ice Storm

Day then crouched next to Ice who was still collapsed on the ground with his blanket covering him. "Come now Ice, lets move further into the cave where you can get some rest." he said in a caring way as he put a hoof around her neck.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 2