Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Quest for the Forbidden Temple-Take 2-RP

Ice Storm

"It is good to see that you are up again!

A smile appeared on Colt’s face as saw the source of those words walking reaching the cave once again. Iron Wing armored shined reflecting the morning sun followed by the young earth pony who was wind enough to share his rations with him.

“Welcome back” the dragon greeted them “looks that your made some dent on your unicorn friend” once again a grin appeared on the dragon’s snout while pointing towards the now much more warm scene of Ice Storm and Daylight “I believe those two will find their way.”

After the optimistic statement about the unicorn couple Colt carefully listened to Iron’s explanation trying to tie in his mind those loose ends “The source of this terrible magic is within the forest. It all points that I was flying over Everfree three days ago when something took me down. The magic and nature on the winds would have done that… and lying among its source must have done something to my head. “ he thought trying to find an explanation to his memory block Colt kept listening to the guardian’s words and his mind kept digging on the possibilities “But the source of this is still unknown and the chance of a more “direct” encounter with that source”.

The dragon startled a little when the alicorn’s name was pronounced , she was part of what he was looking for before and bringing her to this conversation really made the dragon worried. “The situation must have been bad to send this group into the forest ” were the thoughs in Colt’s mind that kept on “She must be getting out of resources” were the last words in the dragons mind before perceiving the change in Iron’s expression.

"These winds... Dazzling Wing is... she sleeps now..."

His eyes widened , and all his body felt the chill running down his spine. Dazzling Wing with the member in her family were all in Iron’s life, the way her eyes shook and her voice tremble were proves of the concerns and pain behind the slumber of her little sister. Colt reached for Iron’s hoof taking it in his claw grasping it trying to show her his support and encourage her to keep on. She was not alone in this, never she was, and now that he was at her side she will never be.

"We will stop these winds, and both Dazzling Wing and my parents will wake up. I'm sure of it."

Colt leaned in close to the blue mare’s ear and whispered something only she could hear then he began to stand his hind legs in front of both ponies and tried to encourage both of them saying.  “You are right young stallion, the enchantment will end soon”  “As long as there are those who raise there is no way hope can be lost”. He was feeling much better, the food and the time to get a rest at that place gave him back some of his strength feeling much more better than when he waked up. “I will help you all in everything I can” the dragon state to Electro and Iron. “I might not be in the best of my shapes but I won’t leave you alone until this spell is broken and our loved ones awaken”. There was no way he would back down, not with Iron and Dazzling in such danger.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 3

Alex watched the events happen in a sort of blur.  First, he saw that the dragon was stating words of peace and the next, he was hitting himself to try and remember Iron Wing.  "Ummmm, okay that didn't seem so strange..."  Alex thought to himself sarcastically.  It was at this point that he saw that Iron Wing actually knew this dragon.  What's more is that Ice Storm actually apologized to the dragon for acting so hostile towards him before running off towards the deeper part of the cave.  Alex could understand how she felt.  "I guess I'd feel bad too if I threatened sompony's friend...  Actually, Aurora would give me a serious talking to if I did something like that..."  Alex thought to himself, knowing how afraid he was of Aurora's disapproving eyes when she was disappointed in him.

He looked towards the dragon, wondering why exactly he was here out in the forest.  He then just thought of Electrobolt and looked around the area for him.  He paid his attention back to the entrance that he was guarding with Electrobolt.  "I better get myself ready..." Alex thought to himself as he took a stance reminiscent of Karate.  He gave himself a workout utilizing air-punches and air-kicks as well as utilizing fighting techniques in the air.  He started to feel his body heat up.  His mind drifted back to Aurora at her cottage.  Her flowing fiery red mane laying on the pillow with her eyes closed, not moving.

He was back in the open field with a starlit sky.  Above them was the Andromeda Star giving off a warm amber light in the sky.  It was on that night when the two of them spent the night together when he first met her in the Everfree Forest.  It was on that night when they first kissed and he realized that she was the most beautiful mare he had ever met and he loved her.  He gave her a smile.  "Aurora...  I'll always be there to protect you...  That's a promise."  Alex said softly to her as he wrapped his wings around her in a hug.

All of a sudden, Alex felt angry and lost control of where he was throwing a punch, which made contact with the wall.  His hoof started to bleed a little as he panted heavily, feeling furious with himself as he didn't see what was coming from this mysterious magic.  "Darn it..."  Alex just uttered out, mostly to himself.

• Brohoof 1

It seemed like an eternity him standing there waiting a response from Ice, even though in reality it would have been only have been a handful of seconds. Just as she had before, Ice threw her hooves around his neck and tightly squeezed him but this time only gave him a peck on the cheek. The moment she did that it felt as if years worth of pain and suffering disappear in a heartbeat to be replaced with entirely new feelings and emotions that he had never felt or experienced before. In response Day returned the hug and squeezed Ice as tight as he could while nuzzling her mane. As he was a little taller than he had to tilt his head down but only slightly. Her mane was soft, silky and... fresh. He could tell she took very good care of it to the point that he was sure he could smell a vanillary coolness to it...

Day then heard Ice whisper in his ear followed by a small, but cute giggle

"You don't have to say anything more, as long as you don't mind having to change a diaper or two overnight to keep our bed dry.

He couldn't help softly chuckling before whispering a response.
“For you, I would do anything. Including going to the store and buying the diapers myself.”
He then pulled his head back to stare into her deep blue eyes as she started to speak normally.
“I would love to move in with you as long as it isn't too much trouble. I will need to eventually at least set foot on my parents house at some point though but... I don’t need to worry about that just yet thanks to you.” he said as his face dropped for a moment before his smile picked up again. “I promise that I’ll help out around the shop as it would only be fair that I do. I have to war you though I... uh...”He stammered nervously before continuing. “I haven’t lived with another pony for a number of years but on top of that I’ve... never had a special somepony before you...”He finished with a blush and averted his eyes from Ice.

Afterwards, Day continued to stare deep into Ice’s eyes and felt as if he could see right through her into her heart and soul. He had never felt this intimate with another pony before, not even his parents...
Snapping out of his daze, Day was starting to feel a little sore in different parts of his body due to the awkward way they were hugging each other while still standing. He was not the most fit pony after all.
“Umm... I’m very much enjoying our embrace right now but I’m starting to feel a bit sore from having to stand like this all this time sooo...”He trailed off and started to pull away before he got a thought and spontaneously acted upon it, quickly moving back in and giving Ice a quick kiss on the lips, then pulled away completely while blushing but also grinning at the same time.

“I should uhh... go check on the others but I’ll be right.” He said to Ice turning around and headed towards the entrance of the cave.

He didn't like how he had just rushed away from Iron and Electro while he was sitting outside but he had a problem to fix that he himself had created so he thought they should understand. He found the two of standing at the entrance of the cave there along with Colt who must of left without him noticing earlier to give him and Ice room to make up. “For a dragon, he sure is thoughtful.” He thought to himself with a smile. As he neared, he heard Iron and Colt discussing about the winds.

He approached the three of them with a big smile on his face having fully resolved his problem.
@@Colt, @, @@Iron Wing
“Hey Ponies! And Dragon” He politely added as he greeted all of them before turning to address only Iron and Electrobolt.
“Thanks for everything you two. You may have not felt like you helped much but trust me when I say I need every bit of encouragement and assurance I can get when I’m down.” He said still smiling, now turning to address Electrobolt directly.

@
“Electro... you were the first to come despite having no knowledge of what events transpired. Only a truly selfless pony would would do such a thing for another pony who he had just met. It’s as if we were brothers or something...” Day trailed off, not looking at Electro directly for a moment before leaping forward and glomping him with a big smile on his face. “Thank you Bolt” he whispered in his ear. The hug only lasted for a handful of seconds but it was enough for it to have been meaningful for Day. As he released Electro, he hoped that he had not squeezed too hard.

@@Iron Wing
Day then turned to Iron.
“Iron... it’s not so much what you’ve done for me, but what you’ve done for Ice instead. I may have had it hard but... it’s nothing compared to what she has been though. Although she has me, that’s not enough for her. She needs too and... I’m sure there will be times in the future I will as well.” He said with a warm smile then gave her a quick but tight hug too, but was a lot more gentle with her then he had been with Electro.

When he retracted the hug, he just stood at the pair simply grinning broadly at first, thrilled at the thought that he had found not just a Pony that he loved, but friends that he could rely on too. His social circle had never been this active before. Day just remembered that Colt was also sitting there watching everything that he had done. he turned to briefly say something to him as not not be rude.
@@Colt
“And Colt... I know you did something however small as I saw you talking with Ice before I arrived, but more importantly you gave us both space to solve our... well technically my problem, which I also thank you for.” He said with a friendly smiling and a nod. He then noticed the bowl of food Colt was holding which made his stomach growl.
“Umm... I guess I got so wrapped up in everything I forgot that I was hungry.” Day said with a sheepish grin.
“I’d better just.. go and get something to eat then... if you’ll excuse me.” He said politely before walking back to where the pot was to serve himself a bowl of stew. He was about to serve another for Ice as well but when he looked up he saw she already had one. “Colt” he said softly while smiling to himself. Day ten walked over and sat next to Ice carrying his bowl with his magic.

@@Ice Storm
“You should eat that before it goes cold you know” He said to Ice while gesturing at her bowl of stew just sitting there next to her. He then took a sip of his own stew. It was actually quite nice, and still hot too as the fire underneath the pot had been keeping it warm. It had started to go out though as nopony had kindled it. He would have to remember to compliment Iron and ask her which ingredients they used because when he had tried to make a stew, it turned out fine but he couldn't stand the taste of it.
“Iron makes a good stew. It’s quite nice and tastes a lot better than when I tried to do a similar thing.” He said to Ice grinning.

There was a sudden ‘thud’ and Day looked up to see Alex standing next to a wall near the entrance, holding out one of his hooves which had some blood slowly dripping from it. Day sighed and stood up, as it meant distracting him from eating again, but it was his duty to do what he could which in this case was to heal.
“I’ll be right back. I’m going go and deal with Alex. Feel free to have some of my stew if you don’t like yours. It’s still hot as I got just got it from the pot which was being kept warm by the fire. he finished with a friendly smile before walking over to where Alex was.

@
“You should be more careful, training is fine but it’s not good to get too carried away.” He said seriously while walking up to Alex. He then turned to look at his injured hoof.
“I can fix that, hold still...” he said as he charged up his horn slightly causing it to glow, before touching it to the injured hoof. Again, Day could feel a tiny bit of energy being transferred through him and into Alex, but it was nothing that couldn't be regained with a short rest.
“There, all fixed. I know you're probably angry about the wings as I assume they would have taken somepony close to you but the wall is not our enemy, so save your anger for whatever is.” He said with a slight grin.
“You should probably get something to eat though. If you don’t have anything youself Iron made a stew which is over in the direction I came from,” He said gesturing with his hoof. ”Or somepony else might something in their Saddlebag they can share with you.

He then stood there awkwardly not sure what else to say. This was the first time he was personally with Alex and he knew basically nothing about him.
“Sooo... Uhh... you know Bolt so I assume you would live in Ponyville and are a Pegasus there sooo... are you part of the weather patrol there?” He honestly could not think of what else to ask him.

Edited by Sylveon
  • Brohoof 3

The elongated hug, and the tightness of the hug that was being returned told Ice that she had made the right decision. that she had went about things in the right way this time and didn't scare him away. She couldn't help but blush a bit when he said that he would do anything for her, including going to the store and buying everything himself for her if it meant that he could be with her. She had to admit, he had a good way with words, at least when he wasn't emotionally distressed, which she could say the same for herself as well. She could only hope that at least with her new family, both with Iron Wing and her new family on that end, and now her special somepony, that things would start looking up for her and that she could start being happy again.

He also told her that he would love to move in with her if it wasn't too much trouble and that at least at some point he would have to go back to his parent's house just to step foot inside at some point, but wasn't worried as long as she was with him. She gave a warm smile as he continued, telling her that he would also help her around the store, and that he had never lived with anypony in a long time. Much less a special somepony. She'd have to make sure then that everything was done right, and by the book. I'll have to make a mental note to pay Twilight a visit and see if she has any advice... if there's anypony that knows by-the-book, it would be her. she thought to herself

when he mentioned that he was starting to get a bit sore from the embrace she pulled back and gave another blushing smile. "Sorry... I'm still not used to being hugged... In the past when ponies held me like that, it was usually to throw me at something... At least I won't have to worry about that anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if that may have caused my issue to begin with," she told him before he went to check on the others, telling her that he liked a mare that wore her mane out. She wasn't quite sure what he meant by this as she was never really one for fashion. she just made sure to take good care of it and tie it at the bottom to keep it from getting tangled. She could only assume that's what he meant by it and watched as he spoke with everypony else in the cave. Thanking Colt and Electro for various things, as well as thanking Iron Wing for what she had done for her. Something that she was still immensely happy for and would need to find a way to repay Iron Wing for in the future. She tried to think of a couple ways, but first they had to get through this. when she heard briefly Iron mentioning that Dazzling Wing was also being affected by these winds, a fire started burning inside of the icy mare. She'd never had a true family before and she'd be damned if she was going to let something like this winds keep her from having one now.

She levitated her bowl of stew and began to walk over with the others taking her first bite as Daylight mentioned something to her about it. It was indeed very good, and Iron wing definitely knew how to prepare it. She continued to eat as she walked over and sat down in front of everypony else. "Once we finish our meals, we need to head out now while the winds are at their weakest. With any luck, we'll be at the Moon Palace by dusk. When we set out, we need to keep the same marching order. Colt, you're the only one in the group with both wings and magic. We'll need you to scout a bit ahead of us to keep a look out, or at least fly a decent amount above us to warn us of something approaching our position, and where they are coming from. Iron keeping point puts our most heavily armored pony in front and Alex behind us keeps our flank from being exposed. Daylight and myself in the middle with Electro right behind him," she said tilting the bowl back to finish the broth that she had left.

"With that, barring any unforeseen events we should have plenty of time to talk with each other and get to know each other more while we are moving. After all, we only have thirteen days left to find this place and stop these winds before we ourselves fall victim to them, and if that happens, Princess Celestia won't have time to send anyone else in, and all ponies who currently sleep will be lost," she said looking towards Iron Wing, "Something that I am not about to let happen as long as I still breath. Not since I actually have something to fight for again. We need to hold our chins up, and our confidence high. Celestia picked us for a reason. She has the confidence in us that we will succeed, and the Princess has never stirred any of us wrong before. If she has the faith in us believing that we can do it, then I know we can. For Dazzling Wing, for Electro's parents, and for everypony else that is currently being stricken by these winds. We can do this, and we will," she finished levitating her saddle bag with all of the supplies on to her back.

With a quick look at the map and compass, she nodded and placed it back in the sack. "I'm ready when anypony else is. It's time to show these Nightingale's Feathers, and whatever this new wind is, why they picked the wrong ponies to buck with," she finished with a determined, confident smile. the fire that had been just an ember burning in her before was now an inferno. Failure at this point, was no longer an option, nor would it be an outcome if she had anything to say about it.

• Brohoof 4

After she finished speaking, Electrobolt approached Iron and nodded to her. Wearing a comforting smile on his face, he started to speak. "Don't worry, Iron, we'll stop these winds. And as for your question earlier, well... I don't have a job yet. I still live with my parents, and much like Dazzling Wing... They've been affected by the winds as well..." As he said the last bit, he looked towards the ground with a small hint of sadness. But then, a few seconds later, he bore a confident smile and brought his attention back to Iron. "We will stop these winds, and both Dazzling Wing and my parents will wake up. I'm sure of it."

It was nice to hear some friendly words from Electrobolt. Also knowing now that Electro was fighting the winds because of his affected parents gave her a bit more confidence that they would manage this situation somehow. "Thank you Electro... if we are successful we´ll have the biggest party in Ponyville!" she answered him. This group of ponies were different than all other ponies she had met before. They were indeed friends, caring for each other and trusting. She was happy to find some friends at last. She never had that much friends because she never had the time in her past to get some, and because of her guardian training. And now that she was a guardian, the normal ponies had respect for her, but didn´t had the courage to speak to her normaly.

“Welcome back” the dragon greeted them “looks that your made some dent on your unicorn friend” once again a grin appeared on the dragon’s snout while pointing towards the now much more warm scene of Ice Storm and Daylight “I believe those two will find their way.”

Iron nodded to Colt and smiled. It looked like Daylight had the courage to talk to Ice and tell her some real feelings. She was sure everything would turn out, after all both were strong characters and she didn´t want to imagine even one of her new friends.... and her sister, to cry. She would defend all of the ponies from any harm, and she would fight twice as hard to guard them. Iron didn´t even knew if she had a chance against some magic using entity but she would try her best of course.

Day then turned to Iron. “Iron... it’s not so much what you’ve done for me, but what you’ve done for Ice instead. I may have had it hard but... it’s nothing compared to what she has been though. Although she has me, that’s not enough for her. She needs too and... I’m sure there will be times in the future I will as well.” He said with a warm smile then gave her a quick but tight hug too, but was a lot more gentle with her then he had been with Electro.

Iron Wing smiled a bit as Day said the first sentence adressed to her. Of course she didn´t do much, because she could not do more that time. But she knew what he meant and she enjoyed the short hug he gave her. "Everypony is important and i think everone should get enough attention. Friendship is important, because we need ponies we can talk to. You are always welcome... you all are, and if there is something bothering you, i am always listening." she replied to Daylight, also to all others who started to gather here in front of the cave.

"With that, barring any unforeseen events we should have plenty of time to talk with each other and get to know each other more while we are moving. After all, we only have thirteen days left to find this place and stop these winds before we ourselves fall victim to them, and if that happens, Princess Celestia won't have time to send anyone else in, and all ponies who currently sleep will be lost," she said looking towards Iron Wing

"Yes you are right Ice... " she replied, looking to the ground again. She thought about Dazzling Wing back in Ponyville who slept in Iron Wings bed right now. She had placed her there after she didn´t wake up. Loosing her would be.... unacceptable! Her smile turned into a more grim expression. She looked now more determined, like a soldier who prepared to dash into the enemy lines. And exactly this was on her mind right now. She wanted to gallop into the forest, finding the source of the winds right now! But she knew she could not do this alone, so she had to be patient. She looked at the others, snorting a bit. "Alright, then i will prepare everything for a fast leave..."

She went into the cave where Alex and Daylight were talking and got to her equipment. Iron double checked her armor and everything that was in her saddlebags to be sure everything was alright. She also checked on the wing blades of her armor, the main weapon of her military equipment. These blades were sharp but could be used to knock out enemys aswell. As a part of the wing armor she could use them with great precision. After all the checking she got to the meal she prepared earlier and got a bowl, eating the food to regain some strength. It was important for her, she was wearing the most heavy armor she could imagine. Three layers of thick metal plates, crafted from a special and dense metal made the armor a couple of times heavier than a normal armor. Even earth ponies would have their problem with this piece of craftmanship. But Iron had trained for years to be able to wear it and she would use all her strength to guard the friends she found. She finished her meal and stepped to the exit of the cave again. "Ready to leave anytime now!" she said while snorting a bit for excitement.

• Brohoof 4

When Electrobolt looked at Iron Wing after speaking to her, she seemed to have regained her confidence as she looked at him. She then responded that after they succeed and everypony wakes up, they'll have a big party to celebrate. Smiling, he nodded, seeing that stopping the winds and having everypony wake up from this slumber would definitely be a cause for celebration. Afterwards, he saw Colt lean in close to Iron and whisper something in her ear before he began to stand on his hind legs, adding on to what he had already said earlier.

When Colt spoke, Electrobolt couldn't help but smile at his friends. With their confidence, he certainly felt like the winds would definitely stop, and all the slumbering ponies would wake. Thanks to all of this, he felt even more confident than he had been when he had spoken to Iron. After Colt had finished speaking, the smile was still on his face as he nodded. However, before he could say anything, he heard a familiar voice speaking up, this time it was cheerful. Looking over, he saw Daylight beginning to approach the group. Seeing him in such a better mood had him feeling even moreso happier.

“Electro... you were the first to come despite having no knowledge of what events transpired. Only a truly selfless pony would would do such a thing for another pony who he had just met. It’s as if we were brothers or something...” Day trailed off, not looking at Electro directly for a moment before leaping forward and glomping him with a big smile on his face. “Thank you Bolt” he whispered in his ear. The hug only lasted for a handful of seconds but it was enough for it to have been meaningful for Day. As he released Electro, he hoped that he had not squeezed too hard.

When he had heard Daylight addressing him first, Electrobolt listened to what he had said, before blushing as he said that a truly selfless pony would go to help another pony that they had just met. Then, when he mentioned that it was like they were brothers, he suddenly blinked before regaining his composure. He had known that he felt like Day was a brother to him, but he didn't know if Day had the same feelings. But when he heard this, he felt like the feeling was mutual. However, he was too lost in his thoughts to realize what Daylight was about to do before it was too late.

Suddenly, Daylight pounced at Electrobolt before hugging him tight, which had caught him by surprise as he yelped before falling over to the ground. However, once he realized what happened, he couldn't help but laugh as he returned the hug. Sure enough, he had helped Day out, regardless of how minor his help felt. His smile only widened when Daylight whispered his thanks to him, before feeling him let go of the hug. In response, Electro himself let go of Daylight before getting up himself. *Yep, Daylight is definitely feeling better,* he thought, still grinning.

After Daylight had addressed the others, he then went back into the cave to get some food to eat. After hearing that, his own stomach growled, reminding him that he hadn't eaten as well. "Um, heheh... Perhaps I should get something to eat, too..." he said, chuckling out of embarrassment as he followed Daylight into the cave to get something to eat. He then looked over to where Colt sat to see his saddlebag. Thinking for a bit, he approached the bag before stopping a few inches away from it as he sniffed the air, smelling something good.

Sealing his saddlebag shut, he then put it onto his back as he headed to the pot that was set up. Once he was there, he saw Daylight already had a bowl fixed for himself, and then began to fix one for himself. Not wanting to leave the others alone, though, he carried the bowl of stew back to the cave entrance before sitting down there and starting to eat of the stew. As he began to taste the stew, his eyes shot wide open as the flavors exploded in his mouth. The stew was absolutely delicious, and he couldn't help but continue to eat the stew.

As he kept eating, he overheard Ice speaking to the group about the plans. He agreed with what she had said, and when she stated that they should have plenty of time to talk and get to know each other better, he grinned. He was definitely interested in knowing everyone better, especially considering he was curious about Colt. He then saw Iron going back into the cave to get herself ready to go, before finishing his bowl of stew off. After having sucked up every last drop, he put his bowl down before getting back up and stretching. *My compliments to the chef,* he thought with a smile.

After he finished stretching out, he looked around the cave to see what everypony was doing now. Ice appeared to be ready now, and Colt was most likely ready, too. Iron was getting herself prepared and getting her armor set up. He also saw Daylight and Alex together, as they seemed to be talking. It seemed as if everypony was getting along fine, as he started to head over to Ice, when Iron also approached and said she was ready. Electrobolt nodded before saying, "Yeah, I'm ready to go as well."

• Brohoof 1

The spirit fo the group was building up and that was what they needed, “strong bonded hearts can face the source of this evil“ he thought as he listen to Daylight calling from the back of the cave. He had a bright spark in his eyes and Colt realized the unicorns were feeling much better and also was in high spirits. While Daylight thanked Iron and Bolt from their words of support Colt turned his eyes to the Icy Mare catching her also with a happy grin on her face.

“And Colt... I know you did something however small as I saw you talking with Ice before I arrived, but more importantly you gave us both space to solve our... well technically my problem, which I also thank you for.”

“You don’t have to mention that Mr. Daylight ”the dragon said to Daylight placing a paw over his shoulder making reference of the “ We are here to take care of each other wounds right?” Colt completed shaking his right wing making reference of the help the yellow manned stallion gave by healing him. Daylight walked back to Ice Storm and the dragon felt a hight confidence about the success of their mission.

The hit on the cave broke the moment for Colt, a now awakened pegasus was clearly not as happy as the rest of the group and the Colt was able to perceive that he was holding something inside ,Daylight part from Ice to see what was going on with the now awaken stallion, but for Colt this was some kind of concern he didn’t wanted to see those feelings putting their owner at risk and even less the rest of the members in the group. By that time Ice was now infront ot him, it was time to move.

Colt, you're the only one in the group with both wings and magic. We'll need you to scout a bit ahead of us to keep a look out, or at least fly a decent amount above us to warn us of something approaching our position, and where they are coming from.

The dragon nodded to the instructions of Ice, he was not used to that kind of “position” but with sharper senses that an average pony and the fact that he had his wing recovered Colt considered the command to be a very good strategic call. Also as Ice kept telling the group her instructions he noticed how all of them listen carefully to her, she was respected by them and in a way she was the leader of the group, something that he was not going to disturb in any way.

As the “meeting” ended everypony went to prepare for the next step, Iron was over her gear getting ready and Electro was having some fruit for breakfast, Ice kept her eyes studing the map and the dragon walked to the entrance once more. Stretching while walking making some of his bones to crack he flexed a bid just before expanding his wings to the fullest, there were no signs of the pain or injure and he once again gave his inner regards to Daylight. The shadow of the dragon covered the cave as he flapped them just to be sure all was “a’ok” for some time in the sky.

“Ill be watching you from above, but keep an eye on the ground, something tells me the threats are not coming from the clouds” he said to the group and dashed over his four legs to gain speed, as soon as he found a good one, Colt jumped over a tree and began climbing using his claws to quickly reach the treetop and raise his head over the jungle of Everfree. He waited there for the group to advance he planned to be ahead of them but he had plans no of losing sight of them.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

Everypony else took her words to heart and began preparing themselves to set out. To Ice, the words that she spoke couldn't have been any truer if they had been spoke from the princess. She thought back now, and she realized that many of the lessons that Luna had been teaching her, as well as the magic, had been leading up to this point. To be able to stand up for not only herself, but Equestria if she were called upon to do so. There had to be a reason that Celestia had singled out her at the Library. Yeah she mentioned that Luna told her that she could weaponize her magic, but she wondered what else that Luna may have told her. The thought worried her a bit, but they were both princesses. She knew that they could be trusted with any information that they felt was needed. In fact prior to this morning, the princesses were the only ponies that Ice actually trusted.

Now however as she scanned the room and watched as Iron put her armor on, Colt heading towards the entrance of the cave before making his way up a tree. She figured that it was just simple easier for a dragon to take off from there. She didn't have any wings, or much of a knowledge about dragons so she couldn't really think anything more of it. She watched as Daylight went over to help Alex with a bleeding hoof, and for a moment she looked around trying to find the source of the injury until she saw a small crack in the cave wall next to Alex. She smiled, and then positioned herself at the entrance of the cave.

"Alright then, if Everypony is ready, let's move. We still have a good four to five hour walk ahead of use to get to the moon palace, and thats assuming we don't run into problems. This is the Everfree Forest though. Problems are what this place is known for. Stay alert, and stay sharp, and no matter what, we must get to the Moon Palace by sun down. While it's obvious that the Nightingale's Feathers aren't a threat to us anymore thanks to Celestia's spell, we aren't immune to whatever that Icy wind is, and yes, it is a separate wind, at least if my dream last night is to be trusted," she said as she began to walk out of the cave.

• Brohoof 1

Alex panted heavily as he felt angry about the entire situation.  "She didn't deserve this...  I'd rather have it happen to me than her..."  Alex thought to himself as he looked at his slightly bloody hoof.

“You should be more careful, training is fine but it’s not good to get too carried away.” He said seriously while walking up to Alex. He then turned to look at his injured hoof. “I can fix that, hold still...” he said as he charged up his horn slightly causing it to glow, before touching it to the injured hoof. Again, Day could feel a tiny bit of energy being transferred through him and into Alex, but it was nothing that couldn't be regained with a short rest. “There, all fixed. I know you're probably angry about the wings as I assume they would have taken somepony close to you but the wall is not our enemy, so save your anger for whatever is.” He said with a slight grin. “You should probably get something to eat though. If you don’t have anything youself Iron made a stew which is over in the direction I came from,” He said gesturing with his hoof. ”Or somepony else might something in their Saddlebag they can share with you.

Alex looked to see that the golden rod unicorn named Daylight was treating his injured hoof.  "Oh no, it's really not necessary, Daylight..."  Alex said to him, but Daylight still continued on treating his small cut on his hoof.  When Daylight finished on fixing his hoof, he gave Daylight a small smile.  "Really, it wasn't necessary...  But thank you..."  Alex said to him gratefully.  When Daylight mentioned about food, his stomach instantly rumbled in protest right then and there.  "Eheheh, I think that might be a good idea."  Alex said to him slightly embarrassed.

He then stood there awkwardly not sure what else to say. This was the first time he was personally with Alex and he knew basically nothing about him. “Sooo... Uhh... you know Bolt so I assume you would live in Ponyville and are a Pegasus there sooo... are be part of the weather patrol there?” He honestly could not think of what else to ask him.

Alex arched an eyebrow at him, thinking back at when he first met Electrobolt.

Alex had been moving a group of cumulus clouds and decided to take a break for a bit.  Down below near the Ponyville Arcade, there was a tournament going on for Guitar Hero.  He had seen a young green Earth Pony colt playing in a competition with another unicorn who was using magic to mash the buttons and hit the strum.  However, he saw the young Earth pony win the battle on Expert with a score of over ninty percent accuracy versus the unicorn's seventy-eight percent accuracy.  Alex felt impressed by the young Earth Pony's ability to play.  He decided to challenge the young Earth pony himself in a song.

"It's a long story, he was pretty good with video games and I liked playing them too.  I found him one day and we just sort of became rivals and friends that day."  Alex said to Daylight.  "As for being on the Ponyville Weather Patrol, I got on it because of a...  Special pony...  She's also the biggest reason why I jumped right onto this mission without hesitation."  Alex said to him with a sad sigh.

Alex shook his head.  "Anyways, what's our next move, Daylight?"  Alex asked him curiously as he missed out on the plan during his angry moment.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

After Daylight had asked the question to Alex, he got no response at first. Although the other pony was looking right at him he seemed distracted and his eyes unfocused as if he was recalling a memory. Day turned away to let him think and look at what the rest of the group was doing.

He listened carefully as Ice explained to the group the plan for the day and nodded. It was basically the same as yesterday except with the addition of Colt, which would only work to their advantage. He grimaced when she mentioned that they only had 13 days left as he had forgotten they had an imposing deadline. Day hated when there was some big, important task that he needed to do by a certain date as it gave him stress, even if the date was far off. Normally he couldn't handle the pressure and as the date loomed closer and closer it would eventually become too much for him to handle. He stopped suddenly though and looked around at everypony in the room who were now preparing to leave now that Ice had finished talking. There was one thing he had this time that he did not ever have before. Friends. Ponies that he could rely on and give him the confidence he needed. He smiled at the thought and then chuckled when he thought back to Ice’s final remark. It was that type of witty confidence that he saw from others that boosted his own the most. “She could well be the pony for me...” He murmured softly, distracted from everything that was going on around him for a moment. It was when Alex began to finally speak to him that snapped him out of it and quickly turned back to him.

@
He nodded in understanding as Alex spoke. He assumed that he was quite close to this special pony that he referred to as she must have been struck by the effects of the wind from him to act as he did. Day got the feeling that it troubled him deeply but as Alex changed the subject he could not pursue that point any further at this current point in time.

"Anyways, what's our next move, Daylight?"

“It’s pretty much the same as yesterday. Were all to stay in the same formation which the addition of Colt who will fly over and ahead of us to scout out any possible danger. It looks like though...” He said trailing off to check on where everypony else we're up to with preparing to leave. “That we’ll be leaving any second now as just about every pony is ready. It looks like you're going to have to eat something while we walk unfortunately.” he then turned to look at Ice as he heard her announce it was time to leave and began to walk out of the cave.
“It’s time.” He said turning back to Alex. “Your best bet on getting something to eat is to ask Electro to give you some of his fruit that he brought along with him as that would be the easiest to eat while walking.” He finished, then turned away to make sure he was prepared to leave. Sasisifed after having a good look around the cave to make sure nothing was left behined, he preceeded to follow Ice out of the cave.

Day looked around caustiossly as he heard one of the tree’s rustling nearby and looked up to see Colt hanging on to the top of one of the tree’s nearby looking out for anything up ahead.
@@Colt
“Keep an eye out for anything suspicious Colt! There may not be much to see due to all the tree’s but they can be used to our advantage to warn us of anything fast approaching us on the forest floor!” He shouted out to him.

@@Ice Storm
Turing to speak to Ice, he said “I’m ready lets...” before stopping abruptly when he spotted the fallen over tree trunk nearby that he had been sitting on not that long ago. He stared at it with a rather hostile expression for a few moments not saying anything, then turning back to her his expression changed to one of determination. “...Go.” He finished rather seriously, then immediately took a number of steps off into the forest only to stop abruptly when he realised something, and walked back to Ice.

“Umm... which way are we supposed to go anyway?” He asked her embarrassed and grinning.

Ice waited patiently as everypony finished getting ready. As patient as she was, the fact that they were on a deadline to find something they only had a vague idea on it's location and that it was a three day journey just get get to where said vague area was, they didn't have much time to waste. Not to mention if those freezing winds start up again before they reach the moon palace, it's going to cause all sorts of problems. Ice gave a gentle Sigh, as Daylight finally joined the group and looked back to Alex. She shook her head, We don't have time to wait around! It's already mid-day and we still have a four to six hour hike in front of us, and that's if nothing goes wrong! she thought to herself as her patience started to wear out.

Finally the desire to keep moving overwhelmed her and waiting wasn't going to happen anymore. Not with the weight of so many resting in the balance. The fate of Equestria rest in their hooves, and as long as these hooves stood still, they weren't doing their jobs. "Alright, we're moving out," she told everypony else as she started marching once again into the forest.

Just as the day before, the forest was dim, gloomy, and damp. The subtle creaks and cracks of tree limbs could be heard from various animals and the occasional wind gust flowing through the branches of the canopy. The everlooming sense of dread made itself apparent as at no point could you ever really feel safe. every single moment that passed, every single step that was took felt like it had a thousand eyes watching your every move. Ice couldn't pin point anything, but she had a feeling that there was going to be trouble soon. She had no idea what it was, but there was a sense that she just could not get out of the back of her mind. Something was coming, and it was something big.

On the bright side, at least they had a fairly traversable path that conveniently headed the direction that they needed to go. "Here!, if we take this path to the northwest, we should be able to locate the moon palace. It should be only a few hours in that direction. Good thing too, if all goes well, we should be arriving at the palace just before sundown. The only real foreseeable issue that we could run into is that the bridge could be down to get too the palace. I don't know how long it's been since it's been used, but we can deal with that when we get there if we have to," she mentioned to the group.

• Brohoof 1

"Damn! the air is freezing " that was the echo on the sky over the group of ponies, Colt hated this weather he was trully weak to cold times and for some moments he longed for a warm beam of sunlight in the summer fields of Sweet Apple Acress, "Stay in the game Fool dont let your guard down" his mind scolded and it has a good reason to, the dragon noticed the wicked unnatural vibe that the cold and wind's had imprinted, and by the more the group advanced the more that ill feeling grew in his core.

From time to time the Dragon returned from the clouds to the crowns of the trees to wait for the group to catch on, if he had to be honest he got a good idea of how brave this ponies were but other than Iron he believed they were not "battle proof" and that was the reason he didn't had the slight intention to lose sight of the marching group. "Find the arrow of silver in the empty quiver Colt " he said to himself remembering and old saying his father taught him when he was small. "Looks like even the mighty wild life of Everfree was affected by the Nightingale" where the thoughts of the scaled watcher as he realized for some time no sing of other animals or creatures were near the group and he knew that for a place with such fame as this forest that calm was no close to "natural" not to say normal.

" ! "  a spike in the field of magic lured the attention and golden eyes of the dragon to the north, the in the same direction of their destination, just in the place where a sum of treetops rized among the others..."what?" the dragon thought when he put his memories to work recalling the landscape "Those trees weren't there before!". The source of the magical presence was coming from those trees he was certain of it. With a gust of wind the dark scaled dragon climb up to the sky to have a better look over those trees then he saw it, at first he thought his eyes were playing games again as they did in the cave so he rubbed his them too be sure. His eyes were not lying. "They are moving"  he whispered double checking  his gaze... "Moving toward us" just at that moment those strange trees made his surprise scale. "faster... they are moving faster". With this he knew for sure those were no normal moving trees... yeah he thought that... igniting his magical spark and flapping his wings to dart for the group of ponies below him.

"We have something approaching from the north!"  Colt screamed to the ponies a second before landing among them "Stay sharp everypony I don't know what it is" he said and crouched to the ground placing his right paw on the ground his eyes shined with mystic golden light and he concentrated his scenes to the soil they all were now standing on. The earth "talked" to his soul with rumbles and impacts that felt like battle drums standing back up he told what he got from the floor... "They are BIG!"

• Brohoof 2

"Alright, we're moving out," she told everypony else as she started marching once again into the forest.

Iron Wing had waited already for this moment and again got into the front position to be the tackler and the tank if they would have to face an opponent from the front. She had her heavy armor on and with proud and courage of a knight she went forward into the direction Ice had shown her. Again the quest to the temple went on and there was a new day full of surprises that awaited them. Iron didn´t know if these strange cold winds would come back, but she hoped not for this event to happen again.

But while they were walking the path that seemed to be the shortest way,  Iron had the feeling beeing watched by someone or something. The pegasus didn´t like the feeling she got but there was nothing in this world a guaridan wouldn´t face in order to protect their loved ones. The feeling didn´t get better, more worse than before, but since she didn´t see an enemy, she could not analyse if there was a potential threat or not.

"Here!, if we take this path to the northwest, we should be able to locate the moon palace. It should be only a few hours in that direction. Good thing too, if all goes well, we should be arriving at the palace just before sundown. The only real foreseeable issue that we could run into is that the bridge could be down to get too the palace. I don't know how long it's been since it's been used, but we can deal with that when we get there if we have to," she mentioned to the group.

Again the blue pegasus listened to her new sister ice and what she had to say. She concluded that they could use a path to the northwest to get to their destination faster. "Of course we take the fastest route if you think that will help us..." she answered to the unicorn. "Even if the bridge is damaged, this wouldn´t stop me from getting to the other side." she added with confident eyes. She had already an idea without using the bridge at all, and she loved that idea. But to have a little surprise at her hoove would nice. "If the bridge is damaged, let me handle this..." she said to her sister.

"We have something approaching from the north!" Colt screamed to the ponies a second before landing among them "Stay sharp everypony I don't know what it is" he said and crouched to the ground placing his right paw on the ground his eyes shined with mystic golden light and he concentrated his scenes to the soil they all were now standing on. The earth "talked" to his soul with rumbles and impacts that felt like battle drums standing back up he told what he got from the floor... "They are BIG!"

Iron sighed. Enemies already in sight? That would not be a picnic trip, that was for sure, but that soon she didn´t expect this to happen. "We have to hurry a bit if these informations are true..." she stated to the group and got a bit faster. She wanted to reach this temple or the bridge before these things could catch up the group, since the enemy couldn´t be identified for now. Within her mind she already constructed every possible reaction and tactic she would going to use on whatever approached them.

• Brohoof 1

Alex watched Daylight walk off to join the others.  His mind drifted back to his special friend who saved his life when he first encountered her within the Everfree Forest.  Alex gave a sad sigh as he worked to regain his resolve.  He found it in just a few seconds remembering the other reason that he was in this quest.  "Just hang on.  I'll get you out of this...  Aurora..."  Alex said to himself as he followed Daylight to regroup with the others.

Finally the desire to keep moving overwhelmed her and waiting wasn't going to happen anymore. Not with the weight of so many resting in the balance. The fate of Equestria rest in their hooves, and as long as these hooves stood still, they weren't doing their jobs. "Alright, we're moving out," she told everypony else as she started marching once again into the forest.

Alex saw the anxiousness coming from Ice Storm and mentally kicked himself for being inattentive.  "Sorry to keep you waiting, Ice.  Guess I just lost track of my surroundings...  Eheheh..."  Alex said to her breezily, although he sounded a bit apologetic.  He took back to his previous spot in the formation that he was in when they first entered the forest, which was in the back as Iron Wing could cover the front with her surprising strength and heavy armor.  "Meh, I'm more about speed and intensity."  Alex thought to himself as he followed Ice Storm and the others through the path.

"Here!, if we take this path to the northwest, we should be able to locate the moon palace. It should be only a few hours in that direction. Good thing too, if all goes well, we should be arriving at the palace just before sundown. The only real foreseeable issue that we could run into is that the bridge could be down to get too the palace. I don't know how long it's been since it's been used, but we can deal with that when we get there if we have to," she mentioned to the group.

Alex listened on from his position in the back.  He felt a bit uneasy as he traveled with them and it wasn't the fact that they had a big dragon traveling with them either.  Somehow, he felt exposed, naked really.  He knew that he would have to rely on fighting grounded as there wasn't enough room to maneuver in the air with his wings for combat.  Although he did remember how he was able to escape the Everfree Forest with Aurora.  "Heheh, first time ever tried escaping through the canopy."  Alex thought to himself.  He focused his attention to Ice Storm.  "If that's the case, I'm sure me and Iron Wing can escort you and the others to the other side.  Unless you can make some kind of ice bridge..."  Alex commented to Ice Storm.

"We have something approaching from the north!"  Colt screamed to the ponies a second before landing among them "Stay sharp everypony I don't know what it is" he said and crouched to the ground placing his right paw on the ground his eyes shined with mystic golden light and he concentrated his scenes to the soil they all were now standing on. The earth "talked" to his soul with rumbles and impacts that felt like battle drums standing back up he told what he got from the floor... "They are BIG!"

Alex arched an eyebrow at the dragon, Colt as he spoke.  "Great, we just stepped out of the cave and already, we have a welcoming committee..."  Alex said aloud as he turned to face the same direction as Iron Wing and Colt were facing.  "I just hope that they aren't Minotaur...  Timberwolves are easier to deal with this many ponies, but Minotaur are a different story..."  Alex added to the others, his wings extended fully and his muscles tensing up and ready to burst with adrenaline.

Edited by Alex_Night
  • Brohoof 1

The path was felt like i twas getting narrower and narrower by the second. Even in the peak of daylight, or at least times when daylight should be present, only very few of the rays from Celestia's sun made their way though the thick canopy of the Everyfree forest. It left the party with an overwhelming feeling of discomfort, and Ice Storm was not excluded. She heard Iron Wing respond to the fact that the bridge could be out at the ravine, but told her to let her handle that when they got there. That she had an idea on how to get across. At this point, Alex had caught up with the party and suggested the possibility of her creating an Ice bridge if it was down. "That's possible, but we'd have to see how wide the gap is first. I can do a lot of things with ice, but the impossible isn't one of them," she stated keeping her eyes peeled as they began to enter a clearing of some sort.

Just then Colt landed and informed the party that they had incoming, and that whatever was coming, was big. As soon as the words left his mouth, she felt the ground tremor beneath her. After a couple seconds it happened again, then again. Ice looked forward and watched as a shadowy figured approached from in front of them. This one figure then turned to three, and she watched as whatever they were pushed trees out of their way like twigs, leaving the only exits going straight through them. That being said, though, the toppled trees let in an enormous amount of light that had otherwise been blocked off, and now there, moving towards them, were three, very large, living trees.

They still had their canopy at the top, but they were riddled with vines, and used their roots to move much like an octopus would in the ocean. With a loud roar, the Treants made themselves known, and made it very clear that their intentions were hostile. Ice's eyes shrank to that of about the center of a daisy. "Uh...." Ice started as the Treants moved closer, "Anypony have any idea... How we're supposed to fight something," she gulped, "THAT big... much less three somethings," she said as two more trees fell dangerously close to the party forcing her to turn around, catching sight of two more, "Uh... make that five somethings..." Ice stated a bit shakily. She knew about many things that were in the Everyfree Forest, but Treants, she'd never heard of before... and judging by their size, with good reason. With them closing in though, she knew one thing. They weren't getting out of this without a fight, and with that thought, the air grew cold around her as she created her armor.

As Electrobolt was waiting for the group to get moving, he saw Colt taking off to the skies as he said he would scout ahead and watch over the group from above. After that, Ice spoke up and said that they had a long walk ahead of them before they would reach the moon palace. She then, however, reminded everypony that this was the Everfree Forest, and they should stay alert. Although he was pretty nervous, he needed to stay strong and push forward with the group. Now was no time to chicken out, especially not after having come this far.

After Daylight had arrived, Ice seemed to be growing impatient. Finally, with a sigh, she stated that it was time to move out. Looking around, he noticed that Alex wasn't with them yet. "Wait, but what abo---" he started to ask, before getting cut off as he saw the pegasus finally having joined the group. "Um, nevermind..." Shaking his head and sighing, he then proceeded to follow the group of ponies. As they continued along the route, he overheard Alex asking Ice about how to cross the bridge. On one of Alex's comments, Ice responded that they'd have to wait until they saw how wide the gap is before trying to make a bridge of ice.

Upon having heard this news, Electrobolt's eyes widened a bit. *What? Something is coming this way...? Something big???* he thought to himself, starting to get nervous. Just then, the ground started to shake as the young colt jumped a bit. *Wh-wh-what was that???* he thought, becoming worried now. Then the ground shook again, and again before seeing a strange shadowy figure. "What is that..." he whispered to himself, pretty scared now, as he saw the shadow split into three figures. Gulping nervously, he kept his eyes on the figures as they knocked more trees down.

After having knocked down the trees, the shadowy figures had been exposed to the light. What he saw then surprised him: they were trees themselves. Large, moving, living trees. "What in Equestria..." he barely uttered out, before they let out a loud roar. Afterwards, Ice began to speak nervously, before trees fell right behind them, barely missing them. As Ice turned around, so did Electrobolt, only to see two more of them. "Oh boy..." he muttered under his breath. He knew that these creatures were hostile and that they surrounded the group. *This... This is bad...* he thought, his eyes wide open from fear. Shaking his head and trying to take in deep breaths to calm himself down, he noticed he had no choice but to try and fight these things, whatever they are.

• Brohoof 1

They still had their canopy at the top, but they were riddled with vines, and used their roots to move much like an octopus would in the ocean. With a loud roar, the Treants made themselves known, and made it very clear that their intentions were hostile.

Iron Wing looked at the treants that surrounded the group and was surprised how big these creatures were. She had fought many different monsters as a guardian, but this was new to her and she didn´t know what to say in the first moments. Then again experience with such situations forced her to stay calm and to focus on the situation they were in now. Ok, what is the situation actually? Surrounded by five tree like creatures which seemed strong, agressive and heavy. What are the possible weakpoints? Iron started to analyse the anatomie of these creatures like her mother had teached her many times. Since they used their roots to move like an octopus, they were slow and didn´t have much terseness on the ground. Their bodies seemed strong but slow and their heads looked like it couldn´t move around much. That meant the weaknesses are sight, movement and speed. Also because the frontal 3 reants were blocking the road, it seemed they couldn´t move around that much.

Within Irons mind the landscape was like a chess board, and now the figures had to take place in the best tactical advantage. But what was their tactical advantage? Alex and Iron were the only pegasus around, but Iron didn´t have the ability to do weather or cloud control. Ice and Daylight were unicorns and ranged fighters, but light and frost weren´t elements that could be used in combination magics. Electro was an earth pony but he had no armor and Colt was a dragon who had scales to protect him, but he was more easy to hit as a pony. Or at least she thought that way. While the treants came closer, she had to think about a plan and how to get every pony in the best possible position.

"Thats it!" she shouted. She made some steps forward. "Colt, defense position behind us and fend the two treants off, i take the front. Alex, get some clouds and make the treants wet with some rain! Ice, if the rain falls down, use your magic to freeze the ground beneath those creatures! They aren´t very stable on those roots, and if you use the water Alex gets, you won´t use too much of your energy. Daylight! Use your light magic to dazzle those creatures when Ice freezes the ground! But don´t light up the complete area, concentrate on their tiny eyes. Perhaps some concentrated beams... Since they live deep in the forest they arent used ot bright light, and if you concentrate just on the eyes, you don´t have to use that much power. Electro!" she shouted commands as she placed everyone in the most suited position.

"Electro, you have the most important job of all! You are the most agile pony on hooves. They seem very slow and have a bad field of vision, also they won´t be able move around that much. Run around them as a distraction, if possible throw dirt at their eyes. Use their backs to find safe spots where they can´t reach you! If Ice freezes the ground, just jump into the forest or get a lift from Alex!" she explained as quick as possible. "Ice, don´t freeze the water that falls on the treants, just the ground. If Alex uses thunders from the clouds, the water will double the burning effect! Colt and i will use these moments to tackle them down while Daylight blinds them since they aren´t stable with the roots and don´t have the possibilty to look away. We attack the bigger group first to get more effect of the water and perhaps to scare the others behind us! Now prepare everything! Wait until Alex gets the water!" she said and got into a defense position.

Her plan was the best option to take in her opinion. Also they could use the frozen ground to slip between the big monsters if it wouldn´t turn out as planned. Since they wouldn´t be able to turn around that fast, it was the perfect solution with the facts given to this battle. A frontal attack on these creatures was obvious useless, so they needed Electro for a quick distraction. Also he would be the first to jump into action if an opportunity appeared to get one of the creatures down. If the treants had some ranged attacks, she would used her wing armor to cover Ice and Daylight. "Electro, we are counting on you! You are the only pony who can pull something like that off!"

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 1

As expected the news were received in many different ways by the ponies, some of them showed clear worries in their eyes but the eyes of the dragon saw a lot more there. Their hearts stayed strong, Colt sighed and smiled with relief confident in this brave souls after all even when startled they kept burning with the will to face the unknown and save their loved ones. Then the creatures reveled themselves.

Towering hulks of wood stepped close the group, they had arms and faces looking like living creatures. Tearing into pieces the trees that were in their path with ease. The strength needed for that was really impressive and the thunders they made on the ground with each one of their shocking steps was an example of what the group was facing. But there was something else about them that was making the dragon nervous... "they are not alive", he thought, there was no soul in them just a weird and void scent of magic. "Puppets?" he pictured that word in his mind. "It makes sense, that's why I wasn't able to point them down when moving just the magic aura that is coming from them". He was to share this with the rest of the group but Iron took action and comand of "their forces" 

"Colt, defense position behind us and fend the two treants off, i take the front....

...Colt and i will use these moments to tackle them down while Daylight blinds them since they aren´t stable with the roots and don´t have the possibilty to look away.

The plan was a well rounded strategy, using the elements and each pony strengths Colt wasnt very happy about using a "bait"  but he believed to understood the thinking behind Iron's mind on that part of the plan. She trusted ElectroBolt and because of that she was not placing him into a "dangerous position" but instead on a key one. With this in mind he also knew his role was important, keep the two fiends behind them away from hurting the ponies and if possible bring them down before things escalated and so he would.

Raising back to his hind legs the dragon turned to the two treants the golden Irises in his eyes burned with yellow maybe the ponies around would get scared from him now, something he really hoped not to happen, but this was no time for silly matters, their lives and mission was in danger. On his right paw, now at the height of his waist,  a sphere of flames appeared as the dragon walked far from the ponies until he faced the two timber giants just a some empty meters. It was time for the first strike and he planed to made it count. Trusting the power of his fire magic the dragon raised his claw with the fire ball in his hand before throwing it to the treants... or at least he thought he did. The flame that seconds ago was a scorching blaze now was no more than a little flame like the one on a candle. By that time his mind clasped and knew what was going on, his weakness, the cold he felt, the now diminished flame all made sense in a shock."The winds are taking all away!" 

"BUKSRAMM!!!!!" The shock took his mind away from the field and the foes, something that was a terrible mistake. One of the treants made it forward and swinging his arm like branch to swat the dragon that too late realized this movement. Colt was just able to raised his left claw in a failed attempt to block the hit but his attempt was useless. Like being hit by a wall the timber arm crashed with the dragon making a loud terrible noise that could make anypony to think the worst. The blow was terrible for the dragon, it has been some time since something like that reached him his consciousnesses was just able to stay up because of the pain and sound it made, a moment after he was back in the game with his body shot towards the wild orchards of ever free. His soul exploded with scolds from his own mind a flap of his wings made him regain control a second before crashing into an enormous tree that was in his trajectory. 

Colt turned around with the movement of his wings using his arms and legs to cushioned the landing on the big tree trunk. His right eye was clowded with a red stain in his sight, his blood was the first one on the battlefield but even worst than that he lost the position to cover the ponies. His mind steamed with the fuel of battle was now focused on the foes and his dutty to keep the others safe. A gust of wind surrounded the dragon that for some moments looked like pined to the tree by his claws. Colt tightened his body  extending his wings and placing his legs together to get the best support for his impulse while the claws at the end of his dragon paws grew with a yellow light fiery. The wind magic that for moments he built up released with a strong push from his legs and flap from his wings making him rocket back to the ones that got the first hit.

Soaring the air like a black blur Colt reached the wooden foes the right moment the second of them raised his branches to stop the attack. Colt dived into the arm made of hood but this time his claws, embedded with scorching magic cut trough his enemy cutting of the arm the Treant tried to defend with. The dragon landed beyond both soulless monsters turning around for more while the treants screamed with a soulless rage making their way to squash the dark scaled one. This two would care for the dragon until one of the two sides demise. Now the ponies could fight without worries from this two. "This monsters meant business everypony give them all you have!"

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2

As Electrobolt continued to stare at the beasts in sight, his fear began to grow bigger. He had no idea how to take on anything this big, and he certainly couldn't think of a way to do so. Just as soon as he was about to cower in fear, though, Iron Wing shouted out as she stepped forward. Turning around quickly, he looked at the armored mare as she began to list out her strategy. She would take the frontal defensive position with the three beasts while Colt would take the rear position with the other two. She then stated that Alex should go and get some rain clouds while Daylight shoots beams of lights at the creatures' eyes. Ice would then freeze the ground once Alex returns with the clouds.

"Electro, you have the most important job of all! You are the most agile pony on hooves. They seem very slow and have a bad field of vision, also they won´t be able move around that much. Run around them as a distraction, if possible throw dirt at their eyes. Use their backs to find safe spots where they can´t reach you! If Ice freezes the ground, just jump into the forest or get a lift from Alex!"

As soon as Iron Wing called out to him, his ears perked up as he began to listen intently. His job was to be a distraction of sorts, running around the creatures in the front, while trying to toss some dirt in their eyes whenever possible. Although he was uncertain whether or not he'd be able to do so, Electrobolt had to give it his all. Taking in a deep breath to clear his mind, he nodded. "Alright," he said. "I-I'll do my best..." Looking back at the massive creatures, he gulped nervously. *Hopefully my best will get me through this...* he thought.

"Electro, we are counting on you! You are the only pony who can pull something like that off!"

As soon as he heard Iron speak again, Electrobolt winced slightly. Shaking his head shortly after, he whispered to himself, "No, Electro... Not the time to be scared... Now is the time to be brave..." Taking in a deep breath, he looked right in front of himself as he was about to run straight at the creatures. However, he barely had any time to move before hearing a cracking noise. Wincing, he turned around to see where the noise originated from before seeing Colt soaring into one of the trees. Fortunately, the dragon managed to bounce off the tree and get back to the creatures. But the whole situation made him nervous again.

"This monsters meant business everypony give them all you have!"

Upon hearing these words, Electrobolt was worried once again. This whole situation was very dangerous, yet they had to fight. Turning back around, he swallowed hard. *This is it... No fear... Be brave...* were the thoughts in his mind, before he started to rush towards the creatures in front of him. *Here goes nothing...!* With that, he began to run around the three treants, weaving around them as best as he could. When he was in front of one of the treants, he would grab some dirt and try to toss it at their eyes, but the dirt would always end up short.

Regardless, he would continue to weave and dodge, evading the attempted attacks made at him by the treants. However, Electrobolt's eyes shot wide open as he fell to the ground. He wasn't aware of it, but one of the treants moved one of their roots, causing him to trip. "Guh!" he muttered upon making the collision with the ground. As he slowly began to get himself back up, the treant that he tripped over began to look at the young colt. As Electro got back to his hooves, he turned around just in time to see the treant about to swing it's branch-like arm at him. Unable to get a running start, he feared he would be unable to get out of the way in time. *Oh Celestia...* he thought, fear flooding his mind.

• Brohoof 1

Alex looked on in front of him to see three large figures that turned out to be...  "Trees...  Well, that escalated quickly..."  Alex said aloud to the group.  For a small moment, he expected it to be Minotaur, but this...  "This is something I've never seen or heard of before..."  Alex thought to himself as he tried to think of a way to beat these lumbering pieces of lumber.

"Thats it!" she shouted. She made some steps forward. "Colt, defense position behind us and fend the two treants off, i take the front. Alex, get some clouds and make the treants wet with some rain! Ice, if the rain falls down, use your magic to freeze the ground beneath those creatures! They aren´t very stable on those roots, and if you use the water Alex gets, you won´t use too much of your energy. Daylight! Use your light magic to dazzle those creatures when Ice freezes the ground! But don´t light up the complete area, concentrate on their tiny eyes. Perhaps some concentrated beams... Since they live deep in the forest they arent used ot bright light, and if you concentrate just on the eyes, you don´t have to use that much power. Electro!" she shouted commands as she placed everyone in the most suited position. "Electro, you have the most important job of all! You are the most agile pony on hooves. They seem very slow and have a bad field of vision, also they won´t be able move around that much. Run around them as a distraction, if possible throw dirt at their eyes. Use their backs to find safe spots where they can´t reach you! If Ice freezes the ground, just jump into the forest or get a lift from Alex!" she explained as quick as possible. "Ice, don´t freeze the water that falls on the treants, just the ground. If Alex uses thunders from the clouds, the water will double the burning effect! Colt and i will use these moments to tackle them down while Daylight blinds them since they aren´t stable with the roots and don´t have the possibilty to look away. We attack the bigger group first to get more effect of the water and perhaps to scare the others behind us! Now prepare everything! Wait until Alex gets the water!" she said and got into a defense position.

As if she had read his mind, Iron Wing sprung into action by hatching out a plan to deal with the Treants.  Apparently, she had the idea of utilizing Alex's ability to control the weather to rain down on the living trees.  Once Alex got the whole plan of his work with the rainclouds and thunderheads, he gave a quick salute to Iron Wing and disappeared through an opening in the canopy to the outside of the forest.

Alex spotted a small cluster of cumulus clouds and moved at Mach Two to corral the clouds over the group.  Alex was about to jump on top of them when he saw a flash of green and blue stumbled over and was about to be smashed into two by a giant tree branch.  With adrenaline pumping through his veins, Alex moved at Mach Three to form the clouds together into a giant raincloud.  Right then, Alex soared above the cloud and punched through the middle, dragging the rainwater behind him and leaving a trail towards Electrobolt and the treants.  Alex weaved around the tree's appendage and grabbed Electrobolt with his hooves to pull him out of the way while the rainwater he was dragging spread out arcross the area soaking the treants and the ground around them.

"I gotcha, Bolt!"  Alex said to him, dropping him back to the ground near the group before darting back up above the canopy with ear-splitting speed to gather more clouds to create a thunderhead to burn the treants to a crisp.

• Brohoof 2

Ice Storm watched and judged how the enemies were closing in. She was very obviously a bit startled by the fact of what these creatures were, but as soon as she saw one of the trees smash into Colt, she became infuriated. She knew that these creatures had meant business when they first showed up, but she was not about to let one of her friends take a hit like that and not do anything in return. It was then that she heard Iron Wing's plan. Electro was to be the distraction while Alex made rain to dampen the ground so that ice could freeze it. The only thing that Ice disagreed with was the rain. She didn't need it. Granted, it would make things a hell of a lot easier for her, but it wasn't something that was absolutely needed.

that being said, Ice watched as the plan started to unfold. Colt had taken two of the trees at least out of the equation for now and seemed to be doing a good job at injuring them as well. Ice then turned to look at Electro just as he had been tripped by one of the roots from the tree. "Electro!" Ice yelled getting ready to launch herself forward, seeing the branch swinging down towards him. Before she had a chance to do so though, Alex had grabbed him and pulled him back near the group and darted back above the canopy. Ice was pissed. The air temperature around her at this point had gotten so cold, that the ground froze as she walked and the water vapor in the air around her condensed and turned to snow. She had gotten her ice magic fully charged, and to the point to where it was the most dangerous. This was only the third time in her life that she's had her magic charged this much, and she knew that she would be pushing herself, but with creatures like this, she saw little options. It was end the trees fast, or they would end them.

With one final step forward, she planted her hoof into the ground and near instantly after doing so two curved shields of Ice rose over the front side of the group, providing extra protection that her and Daylight could cast spells through as well as a place to retreat behind to avoid projectiles if these creatures had them. "You..." she spoke, her voice almost in a growl, "Will not..." she continued with the essence of magic beginning to creep up her horn signaling that she was getting ready to cast, "Hurt," the magic began to form the ball of light at the end of her horn showing her spell was almost ready, "My FAMILY!!!" she yelled as she threw her head back and then forward creating a crescent shaped shard of ice that was as sharp as obsidian on it's exposed end towards the base of the treant that had positioned itself on the left of them. The blade was true to it's mark make an angular cut thought the roots on the right side of the tree causing lose their support that they where giving to the treant and it fell, straight into the other treant in the middle knocking it over as well.

As it were though, she was so enraptured in the two tree-folk that were attacking them on the left that she had lost site of the one on the right, completely unaware that it had already prepared an attack and had flung thorns at her from one of it's branches. Most of the thorns missed her and hit the shield that she had put up next to her, but one of them got through and went straight through her knee, behind the kneecap on her front-right leg, causing her to lose all feeling in the bottom of her leg causing her to lose her balance and fall behind the shield. "Blasted thorns..." she mumbled as she pushed her self up and propped up behind her shield until the feeling returned in her leg.

• Brohoof 2

Her plan seemed to unfold very well as everypony started to do most parts Iron Wing had planned. Of course they would knew best what abilities they are capable of and so she trusted all of them. Of course no plan was perfect and she knew that these ponies would react the best they could to use their strengths as good as possible against these creatures. Electro did very well with the distraction part until he fell down to the ground and it looked like one of the treants would get him, but Alex was fast enough to rescue him from this dangerous situation. Colt had encountered the trees behind the group and was already fighting them. She shook her head a bit since she didn´t know what was so difficult to understand "defense-position". But it turned out that he did well against these trees, and so she was relieved that the dragon could handle the situation.

Ice started some amazing ice magic and she created shields to protect the group, also managed to freeze the ground and to charge a magical attack to cut down a treant with a crescent blade of ice. Iron gulped a bit as she saw the impact on the tree-folk and she already knew that she would never want Ice Storm to be angry enough to launch something like that at her. The magic of her new little sister was powerful and she never had the idea that she had this kind of strength in her. But then another treant started to launch thorns at Ice and she got injured, forcing her back to cover behind the ice shield. What kind of pony was Iron Wing to let something like this happen! She got angry about herself not be able to protect Ice enough to prevent even something like that. She stepped forward to take her own role within this fight serious, unfolding her wings to their full size and placing them before herself as a shield. Since she was wearing a full body armor, most of her body was covered with the wolframite plates and with strong steps she went forward to the enemy who had shot thorns to Ice.

Again the tree started to shoot thorns, but this time in her direction. The impact of the thorns against her armor caused sparks to fly around her with every hit, but determined she went on into the shower of thorns. The sound of metal filled the air as the treant increased the number and the speed of the thorns, but the armored mare didn´t move away just like that. Some scatches were inflicted on parts that were not fully covered, but she had gone through worse situations. As she was within a good attack range, she unfolded her wing blades, swords that were mounted on the edge of her armored wing parts. Now the treant understood that this meant real business and started to attack her more violently, trying to get her with some of the roots. But with some precise cuts these roots meant nothing more than desperate uncoordinated attacks for the knight. She speeded up and ran towards her target, causing to make some noise with her heavy hoove steps, almost making the impression of a stampede running on a metallic road. She swung herself into the air, avoiding an attack of the treants arm, and with a swift move she started to cut the wood before her.

She had much strength in her trained wings and hooves since she could lift this heavy armor, and the impact of her blades on the tree were much more critical than most would expect. The blades also were heavy enough to be counted as broad swords. Sharp like hell these things were cutting through the wood like it was butter. Iron Wing self got hit by another swing of the treants arm, and got catapulted to the ground. With her wings she could control her fall somewhat and landed on her hooves with screeching metal protectors. She started a last attack serie and dashed forward to knock down the treant which had attacked Ice Storm, and with a couple of attacks the treant fell down, Iron Wing standing on top of this creature.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 3

Daylight waited for Ice to start walking before flowing alongside her. Iron soon followed and passed the two of them and took her position in front. With a quick head check Day saw Electro and Alex following behind him which meant the group was fully assembled and ready to take on whatever the forest threw their way.

The forest had the same dark, gloomy appearance to it as the day before, as well as the damp ground feeling feeling mushy beneath their hooves.

“At least it’s not as windy as it was yesterday...” He thought, as they trudged along in silence except for the noise their hooves made while walking. It felt like they were being watched, but this was a common occurrence in this forest so he dismissed that thought.

Ice was the first to break the silence after they had been walking for a short while. Looking ahead to where she mentioned he found it rather suspicious that that the path was still mostly intact and easily traversable. They must not have been as deep into the forest as he first thought.

There was talk of a ravine and a possible downed bridge which could cause a issue when they reached it. Alex had suggested the use of a bridge made out of Ice, to which Ice replied to rather bluntly. Daylight grinned to himself at her response. “How about we worry about the bridge when we actually get up to it?” He suggested to the group. They all needed to keep their eyes out for anything even remotely dangerous.

There was suddenly a loud rustling coming from the trees above them and when he looked up Day saw Colt rapidly descending before landing and screamed at them a warning that something big was approaching from the north. Almost immediately the ground started to tremor beneath them. It started off soft and infrequent but very rapidly became more and more frequent and violently until a shadowy figure appeared crashing through the trees. As the figure approached, they could see it more clearly to discover that they were some sort of tree creature and that there was three, not one of them. Two more then suddenly appeared behind them, blocking any route of escape. To Day, the tree’s looked rather aggressive, if such a thing was even possible which unnerved him but he thought there still could be a way to avoid any confrontation...

He suddenly felt a slight chills coming from nearby and groaned because he thought it was the winds at first, which was the last thing they needed right about now, but when he felt no wind, he looked around to see that Ice had created a barrier of Ice around her body to protect herself, which he thought was quite clever. Clearly she had seen battle before, as well as Iron as she had come up with a battle plan and was giving them all orders. This was his last chance to say something before the battle started.

“Umm... maybe we could try reasoning with them first?” He asked rather shakily, but it went on deaf ears as everypony else had already started on Iron plan. Day sighed and shook his head, wondering why it always had to be like this, until he heard a sudden loud noise coming from behind him, which made him jump and he turned to see Colt battling it out with the two tree creatures behind them.

Day had always hated fights as he had no way of fighting himself, and only served to be an extra target to be hit. He came in a lot of use after the fight, at his own expense though. He firmly believed that it all be avoided though and that there was always an alternative method, if you would just take a moment to look for it.

Electro and Alex were the first two to move, both following the plan Iron had laid out. Alex gave Iron a army salute as a sign of understanding, then shot up into the canopy. “Rather the military type of pony he is.” Day thought to himself with a smile.

Electro then prepared himself for his task, which was the most important as well as the most dangerous. He could see he was rather hesitant and nervous by the way he was slightly trembling. He couldn't blame him for that though as he would have been a lot worse had been in Electro’s situation.

“You can do it Electro! We all have faith in you!” He yelled out to him in encouragement just as he took off. Whether or not he had heard what he had said was unknown to him, but Electro had been right when he had said he was a good runner. He was running at a very fast speed he had while weaving through the trees to distract them and dodge any attacks they sent his way. he was probably one of the most agile ponies he had seen.

He noticed that Electro was having trouble tossing any dirt into the treants eyes, as he constantly had to keep moving to not be hit. That’s when he realised he should stop simply observing and play the role that was assigned to him. Tilting his head down slightly while charging up his horn, he directed a weak beam of light into the tree’s eyes that only lasted less then a second, but missed. He tried again a few more times but as their eyes were rather small and they kept moving their heads to keep an eye on Electro it proved to be no easy task. He stopped and looked up for a moment to rethink his strategy before trying again. This time, he tried to aim as carefully as he could and shot out 3 quick bolts in rapid succession. They didn't all always hit, but it was enough to provide a second distraction on top of Electrobolt.

The tree’s were getting rather angry at this point from the group playing games with the them and one of them had purposely moved one of their roots for Electro to trip over. “Look ou...!” He began to yell as a warning to Electro, but it was already too late as he had tripped and tumbled over due to the speed from which he had been traveling. As Electro slowly picked himself up, the tree that had tripped him had already begun an attack by swinging one of it’s branch like arms at him. He knew he wouldn't be able to reach him in time as he was no sort of runner himself so all he could do was stand and watch in horror...

There was a sudden loud “WHOOSH!”, and Alex reappeared diving straight for Electro having circled the treants first, and pulled him out of the way at the last second as the tree’s branch arm crashed into the ground, hitting nothing. having circled the treants first. Day wondered why Alex hadn't just dived directly for Electro first, until he saw the rainwater that had followed Alex’s flight path. It had just been slightly delayed due to Alex having been flying so fast. Day watched all this in astonishment as he had never seen what the weather ponies were capable of.

@@Electrobolt

The treants were furious now, and Daylight immediately rushed over to Electro and knelt beside him to make sure he was alright.

“Electro! Are you...” he started, but was distracted when for the second time he felt a slight chill. He turned his body and looked back round to where Ice was and saw a very unique sight. Ice seemed to have charged up some sort of energy, as any vapour around her was instantly turned into snow as well as the ground freezing beneath her hooves as she walked. With a final step she created two curved shields of Ice to most likely protect herself and him. He knew he should get Electro behind one of those shields but he was too transfixed at watching Ice anticipating what she was going to do. From the way she spoke as her horn began to charge with magic it was clear that she meant business. As she yelled and released the spell, she had created a crescent shaped shard of Ice that from the way it glistened in the light, looked to be extremely sharp. The shard hit it’s mark perfectly that it sliced the roots on the right side one of the trees legs causing it to become imbalanced and fall over into the other tree next to causing them both to fall to the ground.

Daylight just sat there with a complete look of shock on his face. He never would have thought that such a sweet mare could hide such anger inside her.

“Remind me never to cross her...” He said muttered but loudly enough for Electro to still hear.

Because he had been so asphyxiated on watching Ice, he had completely failed to notice that there was still one treant remaining, and so had Ice by the look of it, as it had launched an attack of thorns directed at her. Luckily, the shield Ice had erected managed to block almost all of the thors but there was that made it past and hit Ice. Because of how small and fast the thorns were traveling they managed to piece through her Ice armour and straight through the side or her right-front leg, damaging important nerves, which is what caused her to lose feeling in that leg and slump over. When day saw all this, as well as the blood splatter, he immediately feared for the worst. “ICE!” He screamed as he immediately jumped up and rushed over to where she was slumped behind one of the shields. Due to his anxiety he had completely forgotten about seeing to Electro.

Day knelt down next to Ice, trembling, deeply concerned about her He couldn't bear to see her in such a state.

“W-what’s wrong?” he asked shakily, with a deep look of concern on his face. His eyes were beginning to tear up and his heart was beating rapidly. He looked down at her motionless leg. “No... not now... not right after I just found her...” He thought to himself.

“I-I’m sorry Ice. I was too busy watching y-you, amazed and a little frightened at what I saw t-that I wasn't able to warn you about the thorns...” he said half crying now.

All of a sudden, Day felt an uncontrollable rage rush over him. As he stood up slowly, his tears instantly stopped and his expression changed to one of a very serious and angry expression. He looked up to see that iron had already dealt with the third tree herself, but he didn't care. It still needed to pay for what it did to Ice. He slowly walked over to where it was laying and stood directly in front of it while saying nothing. All this time he had been trembling, but not out of fear, instead, out of anger this time.

“You’ll probably want to move Iron.” He said to her in a very deep and cold voice that was very unlike his own. “I will try my best not to hit you but I can’t guarantee that I won’t.”

He then spread his his hooves, to ground himself, tilted his head down to point his horn at the tree, and began to charge his magic. He had no idea what spell he was going to cast, nor did he care. He was just channeling every ounce of magic in him into his horn. As his did so, his horn very quickly began to glow a very bright golden colour, just like his coat. He tried to hold it for as long as he could, wanting to make the spell as powerful as possible, all while his horn continued to grow brighter and brighter. He could also feel his energy seeping away from him.

His head began to ache but he just ignored it and closed his eyes to concentrate easier. His mind was set on one thing and one thing only, making that tree pay.

The pain in his head quickly got to the point where it was almost unbearable. He felt very tired and weak, and knew this was the moment he had to release it. His horn was glowing so bright now that it was if he was looking directly at the sun though his closed eyelids.

Not being able to hold the spell any longer, he shouted, “TAKE THIS!” at the top of his lungs while he opened his eyes to stare directly into the light before releasing the spell. A relatively large beam of light, just like a laser, shot out of his horn aimed directly at the treant iron had been standing on. As soon as the beam hit, it disintegrated the tree to a mere pile of ashes.

Because of how powerful the spell had been, Daylight was thrown backwards several feet when he released it, and tumbled into a heap.

Despite having gone through everything, he still managed to push himself to his hooves, and very slowly, made his way back to Ice Storm. It was no easy task as he was blinded, dazed, exhausted, and had a throbbing migraine in his head. As he walked he constantly swayed as he was very shaky and unbalanced, but still determined to press on. With only a few more steps to go, he collapsed, but still managed to drag himself until he was right next to Ice. He rested his head in her lap and looked up at her, only barely able to make her face out due to still not being able to see that well.
“I did it... for you...” he whispered to her, before his body shut down and everything went black.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 4

The battle going on at the dragon’s back was fierce, Colt was able to feel the outburst of Ice’s magic as well as the fire of their battling spirits. They were doing good a lot more that he expected, he was able to listen the crashes of the sharped metal against the wood knowing that Iron was also into battle now. But sadly for the dragon the things were not going that good on his side.

After that first blow he took the treats weren’t able to land a hit on him. His branches vines and thorns flew across him but he was able to doge all of his attacks, taking cover behind other trees and movin between ground and air swiftly was keeping the dragon away from extra damage but even when he was landing some blows with his claws over the timber bodies the treants there was no a real damage over them. The dragon’s magic was almost depleted and there were very few options for him to cause serious damage to them. The battle was lock “If we keep up like this they are going to take me down, my stamina is far from good and I won’t be able to maintain this for too long” his mind focused on the situation. At that same time a branch tried to reach him flying from left to right Colt was able to flap his wings to match the speed of the attack and grapple on to it.

Colt slashed the wood with his claws and took it down still grabbing it. The other treant shot his thorns to the dragon at the second he landed Colt was able to notice it and jumped to the sky using his winds. The thorns hit the treant behind him and when the dragon was on a good altitude he threw the hardened piece of wood like a spear down to the shooting treant. The branch stabbed the giant moving tree and even when the impact was terrible the treant took the improvised spear out of his own wood and moved again towards the dragon.

“That was the best I could do without using more magic, and even if I use all of what I have left on the best situation I can only take one down” Colt dogged to his left another attempt of a branch that tried to squash him to the ground the soil beneath splashed while the dragon jumped away to put some distance between him and the monsters. A trail of thorns was left behind the clawprints of the dragon. “They are getting close, more faster…No, Im growing tired Im becoming slower, I need to do something quick”. Then he saw the pegasus the one he wasn’t able to talk before, he was moving clouds above, at the same time a terrifying wave of magic fueled by rage took down the last monster fighting the ponies. “Just these two, damn its going to hurt” he thought while his eyes light up concentrating the rest of his magic to cover his body.

“Hey pegasus down here” the dragon shouted to gain the attention of @“Right Alex, that’s his name” he remembered the name of the pegasus Daylight said it back at the cave. He kept of moving as the treants continued with their attacks “Alex!! Hit me with a lightning!! ”  Colt dashed and kept on the move knowing the request was ridiculous and out of any sense he knew a weather pony would never use his skills like this so he needed to pushed Alex to do so “JUST DO IT DON’T THINK!!!” he shouted with a thunderous voice. He stopped right of the treants both wooden creatures walking towards him getting ready to shoot and smash.  Ions began to circle his body rising from the ground control by his magic he had to stay in that spot the bolt couldn’t fail “Come on Alex, hit me now or there will be nothing to hit at all” he thought as the walking trees approached him.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 3

Alex had now dropped off Electrobolt.  Along the way to reach back up the canopy, he had to dodge himself the swinging branches of the treants.  He gave the tree trunks a smug look as he got close to the base of the front treant of the group.  He quickly touched his hoof to it.  "Tag!  You're it!"  Alex said to the tree cheekily as it tried to swat him down to the ground, which he missed by just a foot.

Alex performed a double barrel roll as two lumbering branches tried to wrap themselves around Alex.  He made it to the top of the canopy and continued to gather clouds to create thunderheads this time.

“Hey pegasus down here” the dragon shouted to gain the attention of @Alex_Night“Right Alex, that’s his name” he remembered the name of the pegasus Daylight said it back at the cave. He kept of moving as the treants continued with their attacks “Alex!! Hit me with a lightning!! ”  Colt dashed and kept on the move knowing the request was ridiculous and out of any sense he knew a weather pony would never use his skills like this so he needed to pushed Alex to do so “JUST DO IT DON’T THINK!!!” he shouted with a thunderous voice. He stopped right of the treants both wooden creatures walking towards him getting ready to shoot and smash.  Ions began to circle his body rising from the ground control by his magic he had to stay in that spot the bolt couldn’t fail 

Alex was brought out of his task when he heard the dragon call out for him.  "Hit him with a lightening bolt?  What is he, crazy?"  Alex thought to himself.  He then heard the dragon named Colt shout at him with the force of a loud speaker that he could hear from one of Vinyl Scratch's concerts.  "Okay, okay.  Just keep your scales on."  Alex said to him a little irritable.  In that instant, Alex boosted off to Mach Two and pressed himself up to the group of clouds to clump them together to create a thunderhead.  He blew the thunderhead over Colt and faced away from the cloud before giving a strong back kick to the side of the thunderhead.  A bolt of lightening blazed out in a long, bright string targeting Colt.  "I hope he knows what he's doing..."  Alex thought to himself, observing the dragon and the progress of the others.

• Brohoof 1