Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Quest for the Forbidden Temple-Take 2-RP

Ice Storm

“I… I… I want no trouble!... I, uh… come in peace!”

Iron Wing snorted at the unknown pony who tried to explain that he was a friendly one. "Huh, everypony can say that!" she said with a strong voice and made some menacing steps towards him. She was exhausted but force herself to stay ready for combat and to attack the pony anytime he would do something she wouldn´t like.

"Stand down Iron, he's friendly, and is merely looking for a place to stay" he said determinedly, raising a hoof in front of her to block her from attacking.

She snorted again, going from the left to the right side again and again. Why should she trust somepony just like that? On the other side she had learned to be more friendly to other ponies. After all she was with some ponies she didn´t knew at all. It was crucial to trust these ponies for the mission to succeed. Perhaps it was just her military discipline to make her beeing cautious.

Before he walked over to check on Ice Storm, he turned back to Iron Wing and spoke to her again. "You should get some rest if you can. Electro and Alex can take it from here."

"Hmm... i guess so..." she said, watching the new pony. "Well, you are the detective, so i´ll trust you with your decision. But if this one causes trouble, no army in this world will stop me from defending the group..." she said and turned her back to the new one. She went to Ice Storm and looked for some moments at her with nervous thoughts in her mind. After all Iron Wing had requested to create the last spell Ice had casted. So it was Irons fault that Ice was in the condition she was in now. Or a least Iron thought that way. She hated herself for not knowing much about magic. Perhaps she could have estimate the situation better if she knew more about magic.

"Come now Ice, lets move further into the cave where you can get some rest."

"That is a very good idea..." Iron said silently. She felt slowly the effects of exhaustion. But her strength had to last some moments longer. She got her head down and lifted Ice onto her back with much carefulness. Then she walked slowly further into the cave and placed Ice on the most comfortable ground she could find. After that she grabbed the blanket which Daylight had already put over Ice and wrapped Ice more into it. Iron resigned from using the blanked for herself until Ice had recovered. She leaned a bit on the light blue mare to comfort her with more warmth.

“If you kind ponies let me stay, at least for tonight, I promise I will help out as I can…”

"Helping others is always good, but you first could introduce yourself to the others and explain what you want within the forest." she said to Felix. She was already feeling weak, sleepiness and fatigue taking over. She forced herself to stay awake to watch over Ice Storm and to observe Felix.

• Brohoof 2

Most of the events that had occurred had going clear by any recognition of Ice. At this point she was gone, and no amount of movement, talking, or anything else would be able to wake her up until her body had recovered. She had only ever exhausted herself this much once before while she was still at the magic academy. If it progressed anything like it had the last time, she could only hope that nopony else was next to her as it would lead to a very awkward conversation in the morning or whenever it would be that she'd wake up.

She felt her body being tugged and pulled before being wrapped snuggly. She was still too far into REM sleep to be aware of anything else around her, and before she knew it, the psychological stasis of dream-scape set in, putting her body into a deep state of paralysis.

It was cold, dark, and wet. Moisture had condensated along the walls of the cave and had begun dripping from the stalactites. There was nopony else in the cave. Only darkness. Ice tried to use one of her light spells to attempt to see what was going on around her, but nothing works. Something was blocking her magic. Something else had to have still been in the cave with her, but what? How would she even be able to find if if she couldn't even see her own hoof in front of her face? Not to mention the fact of with her magic completely suppressed, she was completely defenseless. If anything wanted to they could easily over take her right now.

Just then she heard movement coming from behind her. she turned around as if she was expecting to be able to see what was there, but because of the darkness, she still couldn't see a thing. "Aa...a...aanypony there?" she asked weakly as she heard more movement from behind her. She turned back around, but this time was met with a scream as she felt something wrap around and pierce her neck. She had no idea what had happened, but she could feel shearing pain in her neck. She then heard a voice, "Thissss, isss your only warning.... You know not what you step into. Death is certain. Continue and it will be slow and torturous, cease and it will be completely painless... the choice is yours......."

With the voice trailing off in her mind Ice's eyes shot open and she shot up panting. She had indeed been covered with a blanket, and Iron Wing had been against her. Ice let out a small sigh of relief that for once her body had decided to be nice to her and not soak the blanket while she'd been passed out. As she caught her breath, she noticed that the others had taken watch and that there was another pony present. She wanted to ask about it but she was still far too tired. before she could even do much of anything her head had fallen back against the ground and she had started to nod off once again.

(OOC: NOTE: Everything that is in italics are occurring in a dream state and are not actually occurring in the RP. Everything that is non-italic though is)

• Brohoof 2

As he was watching Ice, he then heard Daylight speak up, saying that it was his and Alex's turn to watch the cave entrance, mentioning that now that the ice is transparent, they could see whatever was out there. This also meant whatever was out there could see who was inside. Day then called out to Alex that it was now time for him to stand guard as well. Iron Wing also began to take Ice deeper into the cave where it would be safer for her before she got covered by the blanket. Smiling at the sight of the group working together, he then looked back to the newcomer.

The new pony, who called himself Felix North, seemed to be pretty nervous about the group right now. He has nothing to really worry about, however, unless he turns out to actually be looking for a fight. But looking at him, Electrobolt could tell this isn't the case. Daylight had already told him what he would have said, though, so he looked back to Alex. "Well, Alex, let's get to it," he called out with a smile. Turning around to look at the wall, he sat down on the floor, watching outside the entrance. Closing his eyes for a moment, he took in a breath before letting out a sigh.

@

When he opened his eyes and looked over, he saw Alex sitting near him. He then recalled that, when Daylight had brought up the topic of their family and friends, that Alex had reacted, looking away. Wondering what was getting at him, he was thinking of asking him about that. But then again, perhaps that would be a subject best left untouched. So instead, he looked back to the wall of ice, his mind trying to think of a subject they could discuss. Yet nothing came up, as he remained silent. Try as he might, he never really was the best at starting up any conversations of sorts.

• Brohoof 1

Alex was brought out of his thoughts by a commotion near the cave entrance.  Alex looked towards it to find that Iron Wing was speaking to somepony on the other side of the cave entrance.  Although Alex was soon brought out of this by Daylight telling him and Electrobolt that it was time for them to take up on their next shift to watch for the night.  Next to him was Electrobolt who had been sitting near him.

"Well, Alex, let's get to it," he called out with a smile.

Alex looked towards Electrobolt as he spoke and gave him a nod.  Alex looked towards the newcomer with interest.  From the looks of the pony he was a young Earth Pony around their age.  "I guess you're pretty lucky you're still awake...  Or maybe unlucky if you look at it a different way."  Alex commented to the new Earth Pony.

Alex looked towards Ice Storm and Iron Wing.  "Anyways, why don't you two take it easy?  Me and Bolt will look after the entrance for a while."  Alex said breezily to them while walking with Electrobolt to the entrance.  As he looked back to Electrobolt, he had a sense that he wanted to speak to Alex, but wasn't sure how to start with him.  Alex gave the young colt a smile.  "So, what's eating you, Bolt?  Something you wanna talk about?"  Alex asked cheerfully to the green Earth Pony colt.

• Brohoof 3

Daylight looked at Ice closely. She seemed too weak to be able to move herself and had closed her eyes and fall asleep. They still needed to move her somehow though...

"Hey Iron, could you..." He started but he didn't even to have to ask as she had already picked Ice up and and carried her further into the cave and set her down. Iron then leaned against Ice to protect her but he could see she herself was getting quite tired.

@@Iron Wing

"Get Some rest Iron. Don't worry as I'll keep an eye on you two as well as the newcomer" he said as he walked over to her. He had noticed her eyes keep darting back to Felix from Ice.

He quickly looked at Ice as she suddenly awoke then but then fell asleep again just after. She really was exhausted and would need the the night to recover. Somepony else would have to take charge for the night.

"If anything happens I'll wake you, but until then get some rest. I may not be able to fight but I still know how to deal with a tough situation" He said to Iron with a determined look on his face. He then turned away to check on Electro and Alex. They had taken up position near the entrance and were keeping busy by talking to each other. Satisfied all was well, Day turned to speak to the newcomer.

@

"So Felix, what brings you into the forest not only at this time of night but in the current situation Ponyville is in? I assume you are curious about the winds and what is causing them. If so you could join us as we have been tasked with venturing into the forest to find the source of the wind and put a stop from it. Oh and don't worry about Ice, she just needs rest and Iron will take care of her." He said glancing over in the pair’s direction.

• Brohoof 2

Felix kept holding himself against the ice wall, intimidated by the armored pony's threatening. Of course the group didn't like the idea of a random traveler suddenly breaking into their hideout, especially during the night of such an eerie place like the Forest. Felix was being sincere though: he just wanted a place to stay. If those ponies didn't appreciate his presence, they could kick him out as soon as the sun shone outside again. He wasn't one for judging though: those ponies could come to be good companions in the end if everything went right, and the grey earth colt would very much appreciate that.

Nearly climbing on the wall as the armored mare took a few strong steps towards him, Felix firmly closed his eyes in order to endure an imminent strike. But luckily, the golden unicorn interfered before anything bad happened to the fragile colt.

"Stand down Iron, he's friendly, and is merely looking for a place to stay" he said determinedly, raising a hoof in front of her to block her from attacking. Day then retracted his hoof and turned to speak to Felix.

Felix sighed loudly in relief, finally able to stand on his four hooves again as the mare started marching side to side, rather annoyed. It was obvious that she wasn't a friend yet, but now he could relax a bit knowing that at least somepony trusted him. Soon, the unicorn hero spoke up with a smile.

"Welcome Felix" He said with a friendly smile. "We weren't expecting to find anyponyesle out this far either. I assume then for that our objectives must be similar. Your welcome to stay the night here with us and we can discuss both of our reasoning's for being out here. Now if you'd excuse me I have other matters I must attend to for the moment. Find a place to sit down in the cave and rest." he said while still smiling as he gestured to the inside of the cave with his hoof.

The grey colt smiled back while facing the ground, a little sheepish due to the polite welcome he had received. "T-thanks..." He said with a low voice. Felix also noticed his concern towards the other ponies. And apparently just like the others, he was especially worried about the ice mare, who was now lying unconscious on the ground, most likely having nightmares due to her situation.

Before he could say anything else though, another pony came to greet him.

"I guess you're pretty lucky you're still awake...  Or maybe unlucky if you look at it a different way." 

Felix turned to the pegasus, rather confused as he didn't know exactly what he meant by that. After all, nothing he knew about the winds nor how dangerous they were yet. "Well, uh... In fact, I'm not really tired or anything. Speaking of that..." Felix quickly turned back to the golden unicorn, who he had then assumed to be the leader, and was about to ask him something, but the unicorn asked the colt instead.

"So Felix, what brings you into the forest not only at this time of night but in the current situation Ponyville is in? I assume you are curious about the winds and what is causing them. If so you could join us as we have been tasked with venturing into the forest to find the source of the wind and put a stop from it. Oh and don't worry about Ice, she just needs rest and Iron will take care of her." He said glancing over in the pair’s direction.

"Um... Actually, I was wandering sort of aimlessly through the forest. As soon as I heard about the unusual winds that were bothering the pony folk, I decided to go on an adventure by myself and try to find out about the source of such mysterious force." Felix spoke while taking off his large coat, revealing his odd-looking physical appearance and his saddlebag: white with a red cross printed in the middle, just like a first aid kit."I know it sounds strange, but I deeply care for this forest... A certain part of my past - one which decided my fate - is within it."

After a brief moment of memories, Felix sat on the ground in order to rest his hooves and proceeded with his question. "Anyway, um... sir. With your permission, I could stay up for the night watch. Seemingly you all are already fatigued and in need for a rest. Besides, I believe that the mare over there needs all your attention at the moment." He said to the golden pony, smiling warmly and hoping that none of that sounded suspicious or anything.

Felix really wasn't all that tired yet, so that was one way he could help the group out. Though he would prefer to check the ill mare and try to help her with his medical knowledge, such an approach could put in risk the trust that he had gained.

• Brohoof 3

As Electrobolt looked out through the wall of ice, he closed his eyes as he tried to think of a subject they could discuss. He wasn't about to ask what happened with Alex, because of his reaction. And he was never one to begin a conversation with, either. However, he had to try and think of a topic that they could discuss. So he concentrated hard on a possible subject, only for him to sigh, unable to think of anything. He then opened his eyes and shook his head, before resuming on looking outwards. Just then, Alex spoke up to him.

Alex gave the young colt a smile.  "So, what's eating you, Bolt?  Something you wanna talk about?"  Alex asked cheerfully to the green Earth Pony colt.

It seemed Alex had noticed Electrobolt trying to think of a subject for them to talk about, yet he still hadn't come up with one. Looking over to the pegasus, he noticed a smile on his face. It seems that Alex had recovered from whatever it was that had gotten him down earlier. Smiling slightly, Electrobolt said, "Well, uh... Heh... I've been trying to think of something we could discuss, but... Heheh, I'm really not all that good at starting a conversation..." Shaking his head, he looked back to the ice wall, before sighing.

Even though he felt confident that they would succeed, he was still uncertain about the whole thing. Thinking back to his parents, he remembered how they appeared in their endless slumber. He only wondered whether they were dreaming, or if it was a dreamless slumber, as he closed his eyes once more. Breaking the silence, he spoke up once again. "My parents... They're the reason I'm on this journey. But, I don't quite get it though... How come they were affected by the wind, yet I wasn't...? I don't understand..."

As Electrobolt opened his eyes, a single tear had made it's way down his face. Quickly, however, he wiped the lone tear off with one of his hooves before continuing. "But, you know... I'm not really worried about that. If we can stop whatever is causing this wind, then everypony who had been affected will wake up. I feel confident that we can do this." Clearing his throat, he looked back over to Alex, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. "Um... Sorry if I was just rambling on... I guess I needed to get that off my chest..."

• Brohoof 3

"Get Some rest Iron. Don't worry as I'll keep an eye on you two as well as the newcomer"

"If anything happens I'll wake you, but until then get some rest. I may not be able to fight but I still know how to deal with a tough situation"

Iron Wing listened to the golden unicorns words and thought some moments about them. She looked to Ice Storm who had woken up and fallen asleep within an instant. "Hmm... perhaps you are right Daylight. I am usually used to stay awake for longer times, but i guess the latest events have taken their toll on me. Even if you don´t know how to fight... i think you may handle many situations pretty well. I trust you... so if you tell me i can sleep, i will do as you say..." she said with a soft but tired expression on her face. She spread one wing guarding over Ice Storm and covered her to keep every possible threat away. With that she showed that Ice was under her protection and she hoped that the newcomer was a friendly pony. Of course she was a bit harsh with him, but she wanted to get sure that he knew that she had the strength and the abiliies to defend the group if necessary. Iron Wing lay down her head, using her saddlebags as pillows. Of course it wasn´t very comfortable, but she wasn´t a bit worried about herself. She closed her eyes and started to snooze, listening to the voices of the others.

While doing so, she thought about much things. Her loved somedragon @Colt , her little sister Dazzling Wing and of course her friend Blazing Storm. They all were waiting for her to return from the Everfree Forest. Of course she knew it was just a dream. Her thoughts went to the group she was traveling with. Ice Storm, the leader of the group, a wise and soulful unicorn with impressive magical abilities. Daylight, a detective unicorn with good reason and analysing skills. Then there were Alex Night and Electrobolt, a pegasus and an earth pony. She hadn´t talked much with them, but she made a mental note to get to know them better. They seemed to get along very good and she was a bit jealous. Not in a bad way, it was just... it was very difficult to make a friend "just like that" for Iron. And there was the new pony of course. What was his name? Felix.... Felix North. He didn´t seem dangerous and she nearly felt a bit sorry for her aggressive behavior. Perhaps he was a nice pony, but she would knew the next day for sure. She would have an eye on this one. It didn´t take long for her to fall into a deep sleep. So the hours for her past by...

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

No sooner did Ice fall back asleep, she fell back into her previous nightmare that she'd been having. The only difference was... This time she knew it was a dream.

It was still darkened and she decided to push herself in one direction. She moved slowly, pacing one hoof in front of the other on the hard, cracked, stony ground of what type of rock she knew not. She didn't even know where she was or what she would be walking into. Her primary hope was that she would run into a wall and it would lead her to where there would be at least a dimly lit area, or out of whatever the hell she was currently in. Of course there was always the chance of her walking off of cliff because of the fact that she could not see at all. The darkness didn't seem to be lifting at all, and every step felt like an eternity. Thankfully when she took her last step forward, she only felt about half of her hoof on the ground. With a quick attempt to create a light spell, her horn lit up. It was already a step in the right direction as the previous location that she was in would not allow her to cast a single spell. The fact that she could at least see now meant the world to her and it came just in time.

She found herself perched on what appeared to be the lip of an underground cave either deep underground or buried deep within the mountain side. She had no idea where the drop lead but the she had no intentions of finding out. It fell far below the range of what she could see and trying to do something as foolish as climbing down something as steep as this cliff was suicide. Even in a dream it was a risk that she was not willing to take. Not to mention she didn't really know if something had happened to her while she was inside her own dream if it would have any effect on her waking up... if she even did. "Well... Going that way isn't an option, but if I go back to where I came from, my magic will be useless... Not to mention I can't use this for that long anyway..." she spoke to herself as she scanned the area to find another way that she could go that was not directly behind her. "Come on... Come on... Come on... there has to be a way... Aha!" she said finding a smaller cave that appeared to have some sort of light at the end of it. She bolted towards it, and went through the opening.

Her magic fizzled about halfway down the pathway as she ran as fast as she could. the fact that there was a light at the end of the tunnel made her less worried about her own magic fading out. when she got out of the cave she saw that she was back in the Everfree Forest. Luna's moon was very low in the sky, a tell-tail sing that Luna was struggling with something. She knew Luna well enough that she knew that Luna had the moon to it's highest point no later than an hour or two after Celestia's Sun set. She wasn't sure what time it was at the moment, but she knew it was much later in the night that Luna would normally have it be. It meant that either Luna had been affected by the winds in some way, or that she was having to deal with a very, very disoriented Canterlot that had been affected by the winds. It stood to reason that if Celestia knew the spell to resist the winds, then Luna would as well. But the fact that she was neglecting the moon meant that she was having to do a lot more than just her normal duties at the moment as, she knew better than anypony else. Luna's first priority, has always been her moon.

She looked around in the section of the Everfree Forest and she noticed a building to her left. It appeared to be very, very old and it showed two symbols that she had never seen before. The symbols were braiden with gold and silver outlines and the one on the left was made out of obsidian while the one on the right appeared to be made out of what looked like to be pure diamond. the Obsidian Symbol almost looked like some sort of bird and the other one was some sort of crystal that she couldn't make out. She also noticed a darkened figure behind the building that blocked off any view being it. It was faded, misshapen, and unidentifiable. She could see winds eminating from the figure though. "The winds..." she said taking a look at her surroundings. The mountain was tall, rocky, and had a crescent shaped peak. A landmark that she would be able to identify whens he saw it, and considering that the figure was over that building, she knew that was the temple that they needed to go to.

the only thing would be... she still had no idea where this was in location to where they were now. There were in a cave on the complete opposite side of the forest. Unless whatever had opened the temple and freed these winds had the power to teleport the entire temple at will, there was still a long way to go. Slowly everything around her started to fade and turn dark once again, and she woke up felling Iron Wing's wing over her back, and and a throbbing pain in her head. "Ugg...., my head..." she said aloud before noticing that the blanket that she had been wrapped in was no longer as dry as it was when she went to sleep and had a fairly decent sized wet patch on the bottom of it.. Thankfully it didn't feel too terribly damp and she hoped that she'd be able to cover up the issue before anypony else noticed it.

"What time is it?" she asked anypony who was awake. It looked like that Alex, Electro, Dave, and the new pony were still awake, and other than the headache, and still being a bit tired, she could at least somewhat stay awake to find out what was going on and clear her mind from the dream that she just had and process the information that she had just obtained. Not to mention she figured that if she stayed awake for a bit longer than before, she wouldn't fall back into the same dream again. She'd been in enough dark and dreary things for one night, not to mention she hoped that the blanket would dry before she went back to sleep. She just sat there and waited to see who would notice that she'd woken up, however snuggled closer under Iron Wing's wing. She didn't know why , but this had been the safest that she'd ever felt, and even with the... unwelcome surprised that she knew was to come, she felt that of everypony in Equestria, she could trust these ponies the most. Well, except for the newest one, but the fact that nopony else had ripped him a new one while she's slept, she presumed that he was okay. After all, she doubted that Iron Wing and Daylight of all ponies would let a crazed maniac stay in the same cave as they were. that being said though, there was still somethings that she wasn't ready to tryst just anypony with.

(OOC: Once again, Italics are all in dream and are not actually occurring at this point in time, and non-italic is her awake.)

• Brohoof 3

@

"Interesting..." he repied to Felix while nodding his head and watching him settle down in the cave. The last part about how he said he cared deeply about the forest and how it it was a crucial part of his past intrigued him deeply, but he figured now was not the time to inquire about that topic until he got to know Felix a little better first.

When Felix took off his coat he revealed that he was carrying a saddlebag with the distinctive first aid symbol inscribed upon it. Day assumed that Felix must be train in the skill most likely to one higher of his own as he didn't have much time to devote to studying that as he was almost always busy doing something.

"Anyway, um... sir. With your permission, I could stay up for the night watch. Seemingly you all are already fatigued and in need for a rest. Besides, I believe that the mare over there needs all your attention at the moment." He said to the golden pony, smiling warmly and hoping that none of that sounded suspicious or anything.

Day could sense the good and sincerity coming from this pony and very much doubted he was trying to deceive them.

"That would be an idea but after the other who just started, Electrobolt and Alex," He said while gesturing to them so Felix knew exactly who he meant", Are dine with their shift. In the mean time though, as you said Ice Storm does need the res of our attention's, yours too. I noticed the first aid symbol on your saddle bag so I assume you are trained in First Aid? I know only a little as it's useful for me as I have a healing spell but I don't have as much time as I'd like to become more proficient due to being so busy as a detective."

Day looked over to check on the pair of Mare's again and noticed that iron Wing had fallen asleep with one of her wings covering Ice as protection. Ice also appeared to have woken up but was still a little groggy.

@

"Come, let us both go and check on her." He said to Felix as he got up and walked over to where the two Mare's lay. "Oh and by the way, the Pegasus's name is iron Wing." he finished with before turning to Ice.

@@Ice Storm

"How are you feeling Ice? Manage to get a bit of rest? You look rather sung with both the blanket and Iron's Wing." he said grinning.

"This is Felix." He told Ice while gesturing to him. "He knows First Aid and could help you with anything. My knowledge of medicine is quite limited and I don't know how to deal with magic overexertion."

Day then stepped to the side of Ice so that Felix could be closer to Ice to examine her. While waiting for him to preform his analysis, he noticed a fairly decently sized wet patch on the bottom of the blanket right where her... He quickly looked away and pretended that he hadn't noticed. The cave was completely dry and there was only one possible way that could have happened.

@

"Sooo... how's she looking doc?" Day said in a rather concerned way. He hoped Ice would recover by the morning because even though he was the leader now he doubted how effective he would be tomorow when they face any "real" dangers...

@@Ice Storm

Day then just remembered he had not answered Ice's first question when she had awoken.

"Oh sorry Ice. I forgot about your question. I'm honestly not sure what time it is because I'm not wearing my watch but I would think a handful of hours have gone by since you got knocked out. Lets see..." He said looking out though the still clear Ice wall that was shielding their cave from the harsh winds.

"It looks pretty dark outside so as a rough guess... I'd say somewhere around midnight, give or take a few hours."

Day then finally quickly checked on Alex and Electro. They were doing their job, guarding the entrance, but weren't talking much and seemed to be mostly staying silent. Most likely they didn't know what to talk about.

@, @

"Come on you guys, surely you must have something to talk about!" Day called out to them. "How about you start with... what your special talents are, or how you got your cutie mark?"

@@Iron Wing

Day then winched and quickly turned back to look at iron Wing. He had forgotten she was still sleeping and hoped that him raising his voice to speak to the other two hadn't woke her...

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 4

"That would be an idea but after the other who just started, Electrobolt and Alex," He said while gesturing to them so Felix knew exactly who he meant", Are dine with their shift. In the mean time though, as you said Ice Storm does need the res of our attention's, yours too. I noticed the first aid symbol on your saddle bag so I assume you are trained in First Aid? I know only a little as it's useful for me as I have a healing spell but I don't have as much time as I'd like to become more proficient due to being so busy as a detective."

As Daylight mentioned the two other ponies that were to take the night watch shift, Felix eyed them both. They were seemingly organized and aware of the dangers of the night, so he could already feel safe if he was in fact going to be around them for this while.

Then, the unicorn mentioned the saddlebag Felix was carrying. "Oh. Yes. I'm currently studying medicine in Canterlot. Though I still have much to learn, I study hard. That's why I'm always with my first-aid bag." He said, smiling and slightly blushing while looking back at the said saddlebag. Deep inside, Felix has always been afraid that his bare hooves would never be as efficient as unicorn magic in nursing, so he usually feels somewhat intimidated when discussing about it. But nevertheless, he tried his best to overcome such challenges.

Daylight then turned to the ice mare, who had apparently just woken up.

"Come, let us both go and check on her." He said to Felix as he got up and walked over to where the two Mare's lay. "Oh and by the way, the Pegasus's name is iron Wing." he finished with before turning to Ice.

Slightly embarrassed, the grey colt rose up on his hooves, grabbed onto his saddlebag and followed the golden unicorn. "S-sure. I'll see what I can do." As weird as it may sound, Felix was always flattered whenever he was called to check and take care of the ill. Aiding them was one of the few things he was good at, so he was always willing to test his skills. Upon approaching Ice Storm, Daylight introduced Felix, who then smiled at the mare as to say 'nice to meet you' and sat down on the floor next to her, placing his saddlebag beside him and carefully examining the situation.

Slowly feeling more relaxed, the colt proceeded with the usual methods in order to recognize whatever disease might it be. He gently placed his hoof on the mare's forehead as to measure the temperature, and then below her neck, checking the heartbeat.

"Sooo... how's she looking doc?"

Felix slightly blushed once again upon being called doc. Being a mere student in such a demanding city as Canterlot, he rarely had such privilege of being called a doctor. After finishing the basic procedure, he spoke up.

"Well... Her forehead's temperature is considerably higher than the rest of her body's, and her heartbeat is in a rather unusual pace. I've also noticed a few sweat drops and an 'accident' that most likely happened during her sleep." He stated, subtly mentioning the wet spot on the blanket.

"I would say it's a common fever, though it's still way too soon to be sure of anything." He then started searching inside his saddlebag while asking Ice Storm a few questions. "Tell me... Are you feeling anything else? Headaches, stomachaches? Has this ever happened to you before?

• Brohoof 2

It seemed Alex had noticed Electrobolt trying to think of a subject for them to talk about, yet he still hadn't come up with one. Looking over to the pegasus, he noticed a smile on his face. It seems that Alex had recovered from whatever it was that had gotten him down earlier. Smiling slightly, Electrobolt said, "Well, uh... Heh... I've been trying to think of something we could discuss, but... Heheh, I'm really not all that good at starting a conversation..." Shaking his head, he looked back to the ice wall, before sighing.   Even though he felt confident that they would succeed, he was still uncertain about the whole thing. Thinking back to his parents, he remembered how they appeared in their endless slumber. He only wondered whether they were dreaming, or if it was a dreamless slumber, as he closed his eyes once more. Breaking the silence, he spoke up once again. "My parents... They're the reason I'm on this journey. But, I don't quite get it though... How come they were affected by the wind, yet I wasn't...? I don't understand..."   As Electrobolt opened his eyes, a single tear had made it's way down his face. Quickly, however, he wiped the lone tear off with one of his hooves before continuing. "But, you know... I'm not really worried about that. If we can stop whatever is causing this wind, then everypony who had been affected will wake up. I feel confident that we can do this." Clearing his throat, he looked back over to Alex, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. "Um... Sorry if I was just rambling on... I guess I needed to get that off my chest..."

Alex looked on at the young Earth Pony as he spoke about what was bothering him.  He chuckled a bit at Electrobolt's slightly awkward stance with him.  "It's okay, you don't have to worry about starting off anything if you're not comfortable with it."  Alex said to him, trying to give him some relief.  He looked out at the scene beyond the ice barrier as he stood with Electrobolt.

He was brought out of his area scan when Electrobolt spoke up again about his motivation on going on this mission.  He learned about how he was the only one in his family within Ponyville to not be affected by this strange wind.  He noticed that he was visibly sad about this and couldn't help but feel empathetic about it.  "So, you're the only child in your family, huh?...  I can understand if you're a little nervous, Bolt.  Don't worry though; the team's got your back.  I'll help you make sure you get to see your parents smiling again."  Alex said to him as he placed a hoof on his shoulder.  His mind drifted back to some time ago.

Alex was in the middle of a field underneath a star-studded sky.  He laid down on his back and breathed in the fresh air.  He had to admit he loved flying, but being down here underneath the night sky had something a little bit better.  He looked over to his right to see the ivory coated unicorn he had met a long time ago.  He didn't know it at the time, but she saved his life when he was on the run from his home back in Fillydelphia.  "Looks like another clear night tonight..."  Alex admitted to her with a smile on his face.  It seemed like it was only yesterday when he first was underneath the starlit sky at her cottage on Riverstone Road with her next to him.  He took her by the hoof and moved just a bit closer.  "For your ears only...  Aurora..."

Alex's mind was sent back into reality as he felt a great sadness in his heart.  "You're not the only one who's fighting for somepony...  There was somepony I know back in Ponyville...  She's a unicorn...  One of the kindest ponies I know...  She was the ultimate reason why I settled down in Ponyville in the first place and took a job on the Ponyville Weather Patrol."  Alex admitted to Electrobolt.  "She...  She wasn't moving from her bed when I woke up...  When I found out that it was because of this wind, I jumped right on this mission..."  Alex said with a hint of sadness in his voice as he thought about her bright smiling face.

Alex shook his head to try get his mind back into focus on the task at hand.  He looked back to Electrobolt with a smile.  "We'll get it done, Bolt."  Alex said to him simply, shifting his focus back to the ice barrier to keep watch.

• Brohoof 4

Ice was still a bit shaken coming out of her dream. Yes she knew that the even was a dream, but it didn't make it any less frightening. Her wet blanket was a tell tail sign of that, but she knew that her blanket would have been wet anyways just because of her overnight issue to begin with. When Daylight came over to check on her, he brought the new pony over to examine her and make sure that she was okay. He introduced him as Felix and then asked if she had managed to get some rest. "A bit, but it wasn't really restful... I have a very weird, yes oddly realistic dream. It was almost like a vision of some kind, but... that wouldn't really make sense. I've never heard of a pony having visions of something while they were dreaming," she told him watching him step aside to let Felix do his work.

The touch of Felix on her felt odd for some reason, but she knew that he was just helping her. She blushed greatly though because she knew with him being this close to her, he'd know that she had wet herself while she was sleeping, as unfortunately she had every night. He placed a hoof on her head and then on her neck. He then mention something to Daylight when he'd asked how she was, which caused her to blush even more knowing what he was probably being told. Then Felix came back to her and began to ask her is she had any other aches, and if this had happened before. "No, no other real aches, just a bit groggy still. I just had a really, really bad nightmare..."

"As far as the wet patch that I'm sure you noticed... That's a recurring event every night ever since I was a foal... None of the doctors I've been too have been able to figure out what's causing me to have accidents overnight, and I've been to several. I normally have overnight garments that I wear to keep everything else dry, but I didn't really have the time, or think to grab any before we left..." She explained her face beat red as she spoke. The fact that she was even talking about it at all showed the amount of trust that she had in these ponies. She could only hope that her trust wasn't ill-placed. She did become a bit calmer though when Daylight mentioned that it was around midnightish, give or take. He said he didn't have his watch so he couldn't know for sure. "Oh, so I have time to get a bit more rest then if I need it... though... I don't think this blanket will be salvageable if I fall asleep again..." she sighed.

• Brohoof 2

Day then winched and quickly turned back to look at iron Wing. He had forgotten she was still sleeping and hoped that him raising his voice to speak to the other two hadn't woke her...

Iron Wing woke up from some noises and raised voices that were near her. But since these voices were all familiar and they didn´t sound upset, she guessed everything was fine around. She didn´t move at all, just blink with her eyes, lightly opened her left eye to check the situation that was going on. She noticed that ice had snuggled a bit closer and the new pony was very close, also was Daylight. Her ears went up to hear what they were talking about.

...causing me to have accidents overnight, and I've been to several. I normally have overnight garments that I wear to keep everything else dry, but I didn't really...

She overheared the conversation and concluded some things by herself within her thoughts. Iron noticed the wet patch on the blanket Ice was wrapped in on the bottom. "Oh dear..." were her thoughts and she continued to listen to the group a bit more. It seemed that Alex and Electrobolt had a conversation, and the one named Felix was looking for Ice health condition. She looked at the ice wall and it was still dark outside. Perhaps she had slept a couple of hours until now and Ice Storm seemed to be tired aswell. But nothing was more important than to rest and regain strength, so she continued to snooze while listening to the others.

"Oh, so I have time to get a bit more rest then if I need it... though... I don't think this blanket will be salvageable if I fall asleep again..."

The blanket was a gift from her friend but it was not as important to her as the health of the group members. To be honest, it didn´t matter if the blanket was wet or not. Iron thought about Ice Storm like about her little sister who was forced to sleep by the mysterious winds. How could she be angry at her? The wet patch was just proof for Iron Wing to feel more protective around Ice Storm, and she wrapped her wing a bit more around the unicorn, and slightly pulling her closer. Of course she acted like she was still asleep, but she did want Ice Storm to feel as safe as possible. Of course she was carefull with her strong wing, not make her feeling squeezed. Iron smiled a bit while doing so. Soon the next day would begin and it was important for Ice to rest a bit more.

• Brohoof 3

"So, you're the only child in your family, huh?...  I can understand if you're a little nervous, Bolt.  Don't worry though; the team's got your back.  I'll help you make sure you get to see your parents smiling again."  Alex said to him as he placed a hoof on his shoulder.

While Alex was speaking, Electrobolt listened to his words. He then felt Alex putting one of his hooves on his shoulder, which had in turn made Electrobolt feel a little better. Alex cared for the young colt as he said he would make sure he'd get to see his parents again, awake and smiling. Thanks to Alex's words, any worries that Electrobolt might have had about his family had vanished. Nodding, he said, "I would very much love to see their smiles again." With a small smile on his face, Electrobolt looked out through the wall of ice.

However, after that, there was some unusual silence as Alex said nothing. Confused, and slightly concerned, Electrobolt glanced over to see Alex, as he seemed to be lost in thought. Whatever he was thinking, he was sure wouldn't really be of concern. But the silence was starting to get to him. He had wanted to say something to snap Alex out of it, but instead, Electro left the pegasus be for now. Not wanting to bother Alex, he looked back to the icy wall, until Alex spoke up yet again.

Alex's mind was sent back into reality as he felt a great sadness in his heart.  "You're not the only one who's fighting for somepony...  There was somepony I know back in Ponyville...  She's a unicorn...  One of the kindest ponies I know...  She was the ultimate reason why I settled down in Ponyville in the first place and took a job on the Ponyville Weather Patrol."  Alex admitted to Electrobolt.  "She...  She wasn't moving from her bed when I woke up...  When I found out that it was because of this wind, I jumped right on this mission..."  Alex said with a hint of sadness in his voice as he thought about her bright smiling face.

It was at this point that Electrobolt had found out that Alex was on the same sort of mission as he was. Only instead of fighting for his parents, he was fighting for a friend that cared for him, and helped him settle down in Ponyville. *So that's how he found his way to Ponyville, then...* pondered Electrobolt. *But I'm a little curious about where he originally lived... I won't pry it out of him, though... That's not what good friends do.* After that, Alex shook his head, before wearing a smile on his face. Upon saying "we'll get it done", Electrobolt smiled in return as well before nodding. Patting Alex on the back, he spoke up, "Yes we will, Alex. I've got your back."

• Brohoof 2

"No, no other real aches, just a bit groggy still. I just had a really, really bad nightmare..."

Felix nodded, while still searching through his saddlebag. There, he had all sorts of medicines to deal with many kinds of minor aches and wounds, so perhaps he could find something to ease Ice Storm's situation. The fact that he had no idea of what the illness she was going through, nor did she help by pointing out symptoms, was an issue. But still, like always, he was willing to help as he could.

That is, until she proceeded to tell more about the said 'disease'.

"As far as the wet patch that I'm sure you noticed... That's a recurring event every night ever since I was a foal... None of the doctors I've been too have been able to figure out what's causing me to have accidents overnight, and I've been to several. I normally have overnight garments that I wear to keep everything else dry, but I didn't really have the time, or think to grab any before we left..." 

"I see..." Felix just listened while still focused on the saddlebag, then taking out a few small bottles of remedy. When she said that no other doctor could solve her problem, he was astonished inside. Would he, a mere student with the lack of magic, be able to help her somehow? Would he be the one to figure out about such mysterious disease with no known cure? He doubted that deeply. Yet, it was to soon to give up - not even an option.

Felix then closed his saddlebag and began sorting the few bottles around the floor, sighing afterwards. "Well, those nightmares of yours doubtlessly have something to do with this issue. I also believe that they make your sleep uncomfortable, given how tense your body currently is." Felix pushed one of the bottles with his hoof closer to the mare. "If you want... These pills here can help you in your sleep by calming your nerves and muscles. It's true that I do not know the source of the nightmares yet, but this medicine will definitely show me some results by the morning, and eventually I'll be able to aid you better." He then looked in the mare's eyes. "I assure you, these pills are entirely harmless - all they'll do is hopefully make you feel better."

Felix then gathered the rest of the bottles except for the one he had suggested, put them back in the saddlebag and rose up as carefully as he could to not wake up the armored mare beside him. "The best you can do now is rest. If you do take the pills, I want you to tell me when you wake up whether you slept better or not. Two pills are just enough for one night. But then again, it's your choice." He didn't expect anypony in there to trust him that easily, but truly he was just trying to help. After giving the mare a last smile, he turned to the golden unicorn, Daylight. "If there's nothing more you need my assistance with, I shall now find me a place to lie down: the forest night is getting wilder by the minute... Once again, thank you so much for letting me stay."

• Brohoof 2

"Actually, this is the first time that I've had a nightmare in a long time. So if my bedwetting is caused solely by nightmares than I would have been cured of it a long time ago. As I've stated, it's gotten bad enough to where I have to wear overnight protection just to keep my bed dry at night, and even then, diapers have been known to leak, and despite my best efforts I don't always wake up in a dry bed. I can't even.... remember..... the..... last night that I've even woken up dry at all," she told him through a yawn.

"That being said though, it is kind of interesting that there is a pill that can keep ponies from having nightmares. You said that it helps relax your muscles to? I would have to definitely give it a try," she told him as she felt the wing around her tighten a big making her scrunch even closer causing a bit of the liquid to seep out of the blanket from under her rump. She already knew that if she took that pill to help her sleep, that she was going to drench the blanket, and more than likely Iron Wing in the process, but she needed the rest. She was still groggy and another yawn reminded her that she was still very much tired. "I suppose getting a full nights rest would be best given the circumstances. So I'll go ahead and take them," she told him coating them in ice so she could swallow them.

She felt them take effect almost immediately and laid her head on the ground. She fell asleep near instantly and before she knew it she was in another dream. Except this dream was a lot different than her last one. Iron Wing was there with her looking over her. The entire group was there, and they were all playing with each other, and having a good time. The sky was clear and they were all having a picnic out at the Watch Tower because Iron wing had to work that day. Rather than leave the mare out of the picnic, Ice decided to take the picnic to her to where they could still be together and Iron could still do her job. It made Ice happy to see all of her friends and even happier that they had been able to save everypony.

It was even better that Princess Luna had made her attempt to get to Ponyville more often as well, and she had been able to land next to them to enjoy the picnic with everypony else, and everypony was getting along just great. There were no issues between a one of them. Everypony loved Luna and she was more than happy to be able to get along with everypony else and the entire day had just been perfect. Slowly everything around her began to fade white and slowly she was coming back to.

Her vision cleared and the cave, from the morning light outside was very much brighter than it was last night and much to her dismay not only was the blanket drenched but there was a decent sized puddle underneath her. "Wow.... I think this is quite possibly one of the worst nights I've had in a long time... I don't ever remember I time when I woke up in an actual puddle..." she spoke softly to herself. Those pills mush have really made me relax... she thought to herself looking at the one named Felix. She then turned to look at Iron Wing whom still had her wing over her, and much to her dismay, and fear, was also laying in the same puddle that she had made. I... hope that she doesn't get too angry at me... Ice thought to herself hoping that she would be understanding, not knowing that she had heard about her issuer earlier in the night.

• Brohoof 2

Daylight noticed Felix blush when he had called him "Doc". He was just being respectful as he was sure Felix know a lot more about first aid then he did and so would deserve the title of the doctor in the group. All he was is the healer.

he was glad to hear Felix say there was nothing seriously wrong with her but when he mentioned her accident Day immediately looked away and stared at the ceiling pretending to be more interested in that and that he didn't hear the last part of what Felix had said. He looked back at Ice though when she started speaking about her condition herself though. He smiled to himself as she much trust them a lot to be speaking so openly about it. He was intrigued when she spoke about the dream she had had as he had experienced a few situations where his client at the time had a dream that was more of a vision and turned out to be useful to helping them with their situation. He would have to remember to ask Ice about the dream later...

Day then watched Felix began to go though his saddle bag pulling out all sorts of bottles and vials which he assumed to be medication which he used to give to pines for various illnesses. He then offed a pill from one of them to Ice saying it would help her sleep and relax her. He then packed everything back in his bag and turned to speak to him.

"If there's nothing more you need my assistance with, I shall now find me a place to lie down: the forest night is getting wilder by the minute... Once again, thank you so much for letting me stay."

Daylight nodded and thanked Felix as he then went to go and do what he said. Looking back to Ice, he saw her take the pill and then fall immediately to sleep.

It was probably about time that he sould get some rest too as there would be no coffee in the forest to keep him awake... Day looked over to Alex and Electro who looked as if they were about to fall asleep as well, then back to Ice. He thought about how Felix said the pill would relax her and he bet that would probably make her condition worse come the morning. Although Ice seemed open with the group Alex and Electro still knew nothing of what Ice had told them before and it would be rather embarrassing for her if come morning they woke up to see a large puddle around her.

Knowing the consequences, Day sat down on Ice's other side as close to her as he could as to hopefully hide any overflow come morning. As he closed his eyes and rested his head on his front hooves, the feel of another ponies body against his comforted him, even if it were through a slightly damp blanket, he could still feel the warmth coming from her body.

As he slept, he dreamed he was in a field on a warm summers night, lying next to another pony as they lay on their backs and watched the stars. It was quite dark and he was unable to see the pony he was with clearly as there was only the dim light of the moon illuminating the night. He was sure it was a mare though as the outline of her mane and tail looked too feminine to be male. They talked and laughed while admiring the beauty of the night until they began to feel sleepy. As he closed his eyes he felt the warmth from the mare's body and her soft fur against his. He opened his eyes slightly and saw her blue eyes sparkle in the moonlight an inch away from his and then a feeling of wetness engulf him.

Daylight stirred, his body felt wet for some reason but he wasn't sure why. At first he thought he was still dreaming but when he opened his eyes he saw he was back in the cave with the others asleep around him. He quickly closed his eyes to try and focus on what the dream he had last night was about but,,, he failed. he almost always forget the dreams he had, when he had one that is. All he could remember was a certain darkness a feeling of great joy, and something... blue? "Damn. Must of been a nice dream. I hate it how I forget them so easily..." he thought.

Day then realised that he really did feel wet and it was mostly the side of his body. When he turned his head he saw he had bee sleeping very close to Ice, who was now awake herself. It was then that he remembered the previous night's events.

Looking over to the entrance of the cave, the sun was now shining though the clear Ice barrier Ice storm has restructured the night before and had melted ever so slightly in the small areas where the sun was shining on it. Day turned his attention to Alex and Electro, who for the most part seemed to be asleep.

Turning back to look at Ice, Day then spoke to her softly as to not wake the others.

@@Ice Storm

"Morning Ice." He said smiling his usual friendly smile. "I bet your surprised and wondering why I chose to sleep next to you. Well to put it simply I know your rather trusting and open with us about your condition but as Alex and Electro have no idea about that yet..." he trailed off glancing in their direction for a second."I thought it would be rather embarrassing for you if they woke up and saw... what were all currently sitting in." He said grinning. "Don't worry though, I don't mind as long as your happy." he said smiling. "Hopefully we can cover up whatever's left with the blanket so hopefully nopony will notice. Until then I'm not going to get up until you and Iron do though so I can continue to hide it. it's actuality quite nice sitting here as it's rather warm." he said grinning again, but couldn't help feeling a bit embarrassed at that statement as he felt his cheeks turn slightly red.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

"If you want... These pills here can help you in your sleep by calming your nerves and muscles. It's true that I do not know the source of the nightmares yet, but this medicine will definitely show me some results by the morning, and eventually I'll be able to aid you better."

"I suppose getting a full nights rest would be best given the circumstances. So I'll go ahead and take them,"

Iron Wing was listening to Felix and Ice´s conversation about medicine and that she would relax if she took one of these. Iron didn´t feel comfortable that Ice would take those pills from a nearly foreign pony, but it was Ice decision after all. It didn´t take long for her to get to sleep after she gulped down one of the pills. Well, now she gets the rest she needs... she thought. That was the perfect opportunity to get more sleep time. She nuzzled her head more into her saddlebag which was used as a pillow and went to the dream realm once more.

"Wow.... I think this is quite possibly one of the worst nights I've had in a long time... I don't ever remember I time when I woke up in an actual puddle..."

"I thought it would be rather embarrassing for you if they woke up and saw... what were all currently sitting in."

This time Iron Wing couldn´t remember what she was dreaming that night. She heard Ice voice and also Daylight seemed to be awake. She felt something wet beneath her and didn´t realize what it could be in the first moment. She slowly opened her eyes, still a bit snoozing and looking what they were talking about and got sight of the puddle. Oh my... it´s everywhere! she thought and raised an eyebrow. She sighed and started to move, putting away her wing from Ice Storm and retracted it. "I wish you a good morning..." she said calm and stretched her body. At least just her legs were wet and not her intire body. To do Ice a favour, she decided to not speak about the puddle at all directly. Of course there was no way she would not have noticed it, but the choise not to confront her directly was the best thing to do. Just accepting it, Iron had been to much worse situations and this was nothing!

She looked at Ice and Daylight with a warm and welcoming smile on her face. "Moss would help..." she mumbled half in thoughts, looking around. This was a cave after all and she remembered what to do to clean up if there wasn´t any water or towels around. The blanket was too moist to use it right now for cleaning, so she looked around in the cave. She found enough moss on the walls that looked into the direction of the entry of the cave, and the sun rays helped her to find them. She scratched the moss together and put everything together on the ground near Ice and Daylight. "It´s an old field trick. There is enough for everypony, just do the same thing i do." she explained to both. Iron kneeled down on the moss bed she had build, rubbing her wet legs into the moss which worked like a sponge. "It doesn´t clean up everything, but it gets you dry, that´s the trick..." she said smiling. She stepped aside to let the others try it out. "Perhaps we find a river on our little journey, than we can clean up for real." she added.

• Brohoof 2

The sun light began to shine the now frosty landscape of the EverFree Forest; the birds did not sing the insects did not chirp it was like time has gone leaving all this behind. Right in the middle of the rising trees and the wild foliage a hollow in the green tops made way for the beams of light shining over a fallen dragon. His wings and arms were opened wide over the ground, his face rested over the wild grass, broken branches and leaves were all around him covering his body small for a dragon which showed shattered black scales and bruises on his flesh.

A pair of golden yellow eyes opened wide in a shock a deep breath was taken and the reptilian body convulsed. Fast, deep and desperate breaths were taken by the dark creature with grunts of pain and coughs breaking the silence of the scene while he turned his body around, the hoarfrost over him began to crack the cold over his skin reach the dragon’s consciousness and the weight of the branches restrained his movements. He knew this feeling, this terrible “awakening” being back from dreams and nightmares just to find another oniric landscape to torture his mind.

He finally was able to turn around and watch his surroundings. Frosted ivy and vines were around him, cold and dying trees stood vigilant of him growing to the top of the forest, the hole on the green “ceiling” right over him letting the warm light beams of the sun to contrast everything else.

“Another dream?” the dragon asked in his mind. He tried to raise his left claw, numb and almost paralyzed by the cold it made a couple of stumbles until his will put it back into his command putting it right in front of his eyes. He could see the hits and blunts over his scales, his palm had a few traces of blood with already recovered scratches. The dragon let his claw extend over the distance looking like he was trying to graps the sun with his paw, he concentrate and… nothing.

“Im not dreaming” he whispered letting his claw fall over his chest. Now that he knew he was awake it was time to recall to understand. “I fell” he thought watching the path of light over him, the broken branches over and around him and feeling the pain of the hits and landing over his limbs and chest. “I was flying back to… home then…” a sudden ache pierced his head, and grunts followed it. “Lets leave that out for now” he thought while his eyes searched around the place concentrating on his surroundings and in himself.

“Some of my scratches are now healed, the blood on them is dry, the bruises and knocks on my body hurt but not like resent ones, my stomach is empty , this numb and weakness on my arms and legs ” the dragon had some experience in this kind of matters and the knowledge of his body was a good guide for him. “Two and a half maybe three days ” he tell to the forest. “Still that doesn’t match with the cold around here. The hoarfrost on my body and all over the place… what the hay is going on, what happened to …” 

“ARG!” the pain in his head came back as he tried to remember. “No use” he said and his body started to move, trying to raise from the ground with numb weakened limbs . It took some minutes for him to regain control of everything stand, in a way he looked pathetic stumbling and falling down on once and again, but he made it with will.

“NFPH!!!” he restrain a roar of pain as his wings tried to extend, the left one was injured and he would not be able to fly soon. The dragon sighed and folded them in their “coat” shape, it was also painful but was the best way to help them heal.

Slowly he made his way into the forest going east Ponyville direction looking around he found a good stick to use as a baton and kept looking for food or shelter slowly disappearing  from that place.

• Brohoof 2

Ice looked over to her left after she woke up, not realizing it immediately and felt another pony next to her. It was Daylight, and she blushed profusely when she noticed that he was also laying in the puddle. Great... not only had I wet the bed and peed on one pony, but two now... she thought to herself. Granted she had explained the entire situation to them last night, but she never in her life expected anything this bad. At worst she expected an overly drenched blanket. She didn't even know she could contain that much liquid inside of her. She noticed Daylight starting to wake up, and she could only imagine the scolding that she was going to get from him. Granted, she warned him about this issue last night so he should have known sleeping next to her would have been a bad idea.

When she listened to him speak though, and tell her that the reason that he was laying here was because of this very thing being a likely scenario, and Electrobolt and Alex not knowing about her issue, he wanted to hide it from them as long as possible. That he wasn't going to get up until her and Iron did, and that he actually found it kind of comfortable in an odd way. She noticed his blush on his cheek, and her heart warmed inside. Was he really just being that nice to me... she blushed before giving him a soft smile before her body instinctively took over and she pressed her lips to Daylight's cheek. When she realized what she had done she quickly blushed and turned away slightly. "You didn't have to do that... and while appreciated it's not like they aren't going to find out from the smell alone... Not to mention I don't think this blanket is capable of absorbing anything else... I think I've already met it's saturation capacity..." she sighed.

It was around this time that she felt Iron Wing start to move. She still didn't know that Iron Wing had known about her issue from the previous night and was expecting the worse when she stood up. Her face turned a violent shade of red from the embarrassment of having been caught with both of them in a giant puddle. She was expecting anger and resentment, but instead she heard the softness in Iron's voice, much like Daylight's. She wished both of them a good morning and suggested moss to help with drying up the puddle. She mentioned that while it wouldn't completely clean it up, it would vastly help. She also stated that they could find a river to finish cleaning up along the way. Ice still heavily blushed nodded and unwrapped herself from the blanket. She would need a lot of moss her entire flank around her cutie marks and her entire chest and legs were all soaked she just simply laid on the moss bed. A river would be the only way she could get everything out of her coat at this point. "Oh my Iron... I'm so sorry... I should have mentioned this last night while we were talking so that you knew not to get too close to me... It's just... we got to talking and... then the new pony came in... and I never got the chance before I blacked out. Please believe me when I say that this the last thing that I wanted us all to wake up to..." she told Iron almost in tears. She could only hope that she would be understanding. 

• Brohoof 1

"Oh my Iron... I'm so sorry... I should have mentioned this last night while we were talking so that you knew not to get too close to me... It's just... we got to talking and... then the new pony came in... and I never got the chance before I blacked out. Please believe me when I say that this the last thing that I wanted us all to wake up to..." she told Iron almost in tears.

With judging eyes Iron looked at Ice Storm, staying silent for some moments. She stepped a few steps forward and looked at Ice, presenting a warm smile and kneeling down to her, giving her an unexpected hug. "Do not worry little one, it is ok..." she said with a soft and caring voice. Did i just said "little one" to her? Oh my... i sound like i am her big sister... were her thoughts. Because Ice Storm had also a blue coat colour other ponies could mistake Iron and Ice as sisters. But of course they weren´t sister at all. After a short time, Iron stood up again a not loosing any more thoughts about the words "little one", keeping her smile and stepped a bit back. "If you need someone to talk to, i am always ready to listen. I will guard everypony like promised, and that is not limited to physical harm..." she told her. "I have done it again... sounding like a big sister. I am not her sister... why keep i doing that? If i keep this habit up, she will get angry at me for sure..." she thought as she finished her sentence to Ice Storm. A bit embarrassed she looked away from her, searching for a short excuse. "I.. um... i will check on our equipment and get do something about the blanket..." she said and went to the side to get the item.

She picket up the drenched blanket and went a bit deeper into the cave, searching for some stones and moss to wring out the cotton cloth. Iron stood there alone, hoping that Ice was not angry or offended that she talked to her like that. "What are you doing?" she asked herself. But she knew the cause why she kept doing that. Ice reminded her of her little sister. She missed her, and of course her missing friend, Colt. He wanted something within the Everfree Forest and flew away... but he didn´t come back, perhaps of these mystical winds that kept everypony around sleeping. Iron Wing was hoping that this group would find the cause of this magic disaster and to restore the normal state of everypony around Ponyville. Than she would her little sister and Colt again. But would that mean... that Ice and the other ponies separated again? She didn´t want that either, finding friends and losing them was a hard thing... Ice Storm, Electrobolt, Alex, Daylight and... perhaps this Felix too? She looked from her position to the new pony. She shouldn´t be too hard on him...

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

The frost on the ground and air was taking some toll over the dragon, truth was he hated cold, ever since he was a little scaled chump he hated that chilling touch over his flesh and now well there was something even worse.

“This wind is wicked and ill ” he thought while weird feelings like voices entered his mind. For times his sight blurred and he lost balance, not going down but slowing his steps. He blamed on hunger and weakness and the damn cold around him. He tried to found food by sniffing for scents but the cold breeze made that impossible. Although after some walk the wind stopped its blow and he was able to catch the scent of something that was unlikely in that forest.

“Ponies?” he thought, it was a light trace but it remind him home. Like a wounded bird looking for its nest the dragon followed the smell finding in its way more traces of the equestrians. Broken branches, marks of hooves and other details showed him the way to a weird looking cave, not the rocks but the entrance was covered with a wall of ice.

The dragon walked until being in front of frosted door placing a claw over it. “Pony magic?” he thought it was weird to be in front of pony elemental magic it was not something he has come in touch many times before but that was not his main concern, if there was somepony inside they could be in trouble. His eyes glowed and a little shine appeared between his palm and the ice causing some of the ice shatter like. The breach was just big enough for him to step in and that was just what he did.

• Brohoof 1

After Daylight had spoken to Ice he turned his head too look away to try and hide his slightly red cheeks. Suddenly, he felt something on his cheek, and realised it was Ice who had given him a quick peck. He quickly turned back to look at her, with a expression of surprise on his face that quickly changed to one of embarrassment and his cheeks turn a dark crimson. "Thank god iron is still asleep" he thought.

He was about to reply to her when he noticed Iron had started to stir. A feeling of dread rose inside of him as he was unsure how iron would react to the situation as he didn't know if she had heard the descussion they had had last night. Luckily, iron chose to not say anything directly about the incident which Day was glad for as he assumed she was doing it out of respect.

Instead, she went and offered a solution. Moss, which she said was a old field trick she said. Iron then preceded to build a bed of moss and used it to wipe her own legs dry, before offering it for them to use.

Ice then stood up and just simply lay on the moss as her underside as well as her side partly was completely soaked.

Ice then began to speak to iron, almost on the verge of tears. It was clear that all this was becoming too much for her to handle. Day stood up to go over and comfort ice but, he didn't need to as Iron had knelt down to give Ice a hug. He smiled, as he watched Iron speak to Ice. She was kinda and caring, and acted a lot like a big sister would, which Day found intriguing...

While the pair had been talking, Day walked over to one of the cave walls and ripped off a few chunks of moss using his magic and used it to dry his own legs off by using them like a sponge, levitating them with his magic. He then ripped off a few more chunks and carried them all back to where they had been sleeping to clean what whatever remain on the ground that hadn't already been soaked up by either Ice or the blanket.

Satisfied with his work, he looked around to see if there were any other traces left of what had transpired. There was the smell but unfortunately nothing he could do about that. He saw the two had finished talking by now and Iron, looking slightly embarrassed she picked up the blanket and took it further into the cave to dry it off.

Looking at Ice, he thought the others would be wandering why she was sitting on a bed of moss when they awoke, but that alone wouldn't give anything away. He then noticed the sides of her coat were still wet and something would need to be done about that. Luckily though,  none of the others seemed to be awake yet so he walked over to Ice levitating some of the chunks of moss along with him.

@@Ice Storm

"Don't be too hard on yourself, as you said you can't help it so it's not your fault what happened as the medication you took made things worse but was necessary for you to get a proper nights rest." He said with a friendly smile.

"While you two were talking I dried myself off and cleaned up but the puddle but... I uhh... noticed that there's still one, little thing left to dry off..." he trailed off, looking away from ice and blushing profusely. He was sure by now she had noticed the chunks of moss that were levitating near him so without another word he began to use the moss to dry off the sides of coat off.

He tired to be as gentle as he could but he also wanted to make sure he did a good job so that the others wouldn't be able to notice anything when they awoke. As he worked, moving around her body, he felt embarrassed to look at her coat for some reason but, at the same time he couldn't help admiring it too. It was a beautiful Icy blue that, seemed rather familiar to him for some reason...

When he finished, he was back standing in front of Ice facing her again. He felt too embarrassed to look at her directly after what he had just done so, for a few moments he instead directed his gaze to the bed of moss she was sitting on.

His heart pounding, he took a chance and starred directly into her eyes and, stood transfixed by the colour of them.

Before he could think anything though, he heard the sound of Ice shattering and spun around to see that sompony, or something to be exact, had broken though the wall. At first, Day was perplexed to what this creature could be but when he recognized it it sent him into a state of panic. It was a dragon.

Although he didn't know much about Dragons what he had heard was not good so he did not want to take any chances. He stood his ground in a defensive way in front of Ice and shouted loudly to wake everypony up.

@, @@Electrobolt, @, @@Iron Wing

"WAKE UP EVERYPONY! We... err... have a bit of a situation here!" Day shouted with a clear sense of urgency in his voice. He hoped that his voice would echo back into the cave so that Iron could hear it too.

He wasn't going to assume the worst immediately though as, diplomacy was always the first thing he tried. He gulped and then, slowly and confidently walked up to the dragon and stood in front of him. He was standing in his hind legs which made him much taller then he was and, his yellow eyes felt like they would pierce his soul. Although he was admittedly scared inside he knew he couldn't show it to the dragon so he did his best to hide it.

@@Colt

"My name is Daylight. Are you a friend, or foe? And what brings you here to intrude in our cave, Dragon?" he asked confidently, but with still a tinge of fear in his voice. He very much hoped that, if needed, the others would be prepared if his negotiations failed.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 3

Alex looked back to the green Earth Pony colt next to him who offered a gesture of comfort for him.  He only gave the young Earth Pony a small smile and a nod before returning his attention back to his post.  After a few minutes, his mind drifted off to another memory, but this one was much further back.

It was a time when he was out of the orphanage in Fillydelphia and was on the city's hoofball team, the Fillydelphia Eagles.  He was their running back and his fans dubbed him the Blue Meteor.  Every game he went to, he had his star cheerleader giving him all the spirit he needed.  A blue coated unicorn mare with a lighter blue mane would cheer and shout his name for him to hear.  It was the final quarter and they only had fifteen seconds left; enough for one good play to score one goal in order to win the game.  The ball was getting ready to snap and he looked up to the stands for his inspiration, but what he saw was something that shook him to his core.  He saw....

"WAKE UP EVERYPONY! We... err... have a bit of a situation here!"

Alex was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Daylight shout out about some trouble.  He looked back to the barrier and saw that there WAS a problem....  And it was a big, scaly one...  "Oh pony feathers..."  Alex thought to himself as he took a defensive stance with his wings spread out in the ready.  He heard Daylight trying to persuade the dragon and decided to back him up.  "We have no quarrel with you unless you give us a reason to..."  Alex said firmly to the dragon.  "So, what can we call you?..."  Alex asked the dragon, ready for his answer, whether it be his words or his...  Actions.

• Brohoof 2