Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Quest for the Forbidden Temple-Take 2-RP

Ice Storm

(edited)

Ice Storm kept her gaze away from Iron wing as the silenced spanned between them. She could only imagine the thoughts that were going through Iron's mind and none of them had been pleasant. She was waiting for any act of vengenece that she felt Iron Wing may have had for her. A hard hoof to the face or a strict verbal lashing, but what happened next made Ice gasp. Iron Wing... hugged her and then began to speak to her. Her voice was very soft, caring, and filled with emotion in every syllable. She told not to worry and she used a phrase that she sound very odd. At the same time, she felt that with the softness that she had spoken it with. She could at least somewhat make out that it wasn't an insult, or if it was, it was very nicely veiled.

Iron Wing then pulled away and it made Ice realize just how much she liked the security she felt when she was embraced by darker blue mare in front of her. When Iron continued, and told her that she was here to guard everypony and that wasn't just limited to physical pain, it almost made Ice break right there. For the first time in her life, there was actually another pony that actually cared about her. She'd gone though so many issues in her past with her parents, and Canterlot that she'd all but given up on ponies in general. She even made it a point to not go out in Ponyville that often when she had moved in there after she started her shop just because she was too scared to get to know any pony close. She was too scared of getting hurt again. she knew that if she took any more abandonment, that she would completely break and lose everything, including herself and her life.

she looked up just in time to see a flushed Iron Wing telling her that she would go take care of the blanket. A single tear had finally fallen as she blinked and she could feel it rolling through the fur along the right side of her cheek and face. Ice didn't know why she would have been blushing, but she watched as she ringed out the blanket knowing that the situation couldn't have been a pleasant one at all. It only served to make her hurt a bit more inside. She knew that there would be several more overnight stops more than likely before they even found the temple, and she knew that this would happen again. She didn't want to put everypony through this every time that they stopped and what hurt her the most was the fact that she didn't really have a choice. Princess Celestia had tasked her specifically with this and if she failed... Then she knew Luna would be in mortal danger as well.

She then turned her attention to Daylight as he began to speak to her. He told her to not be so hard on herself. Yes the medication that she took had possibly made things a bit worse in regards to the over night issue, but it let her get a full nights rest, and that that was more important at the moment. He then told her that he had taken care of most of the mess but then added that there was one more thing that needed to be dried off. She looked up to him and saw his blush and then looked at her side and she blushed as well noticing the moss behind him. Daylight delicately used his magic to softly rub the moss over the sides of her coat and dry off the moisture that had been absorbed by her coat. His touch was Gently, and like Iron Wing's caring. Ice blushed as he began to move farther back. She knew that his intents were pure, but it was still a bit awkward for her.

Thankfully he didn't take too long, and the awkwardness of the moment quickly faded away. She though back on the entire chain of events that had just unfolded between Iron Wing and Daylight and she blushed as she realized that she had begun to develop rather deep feelings for both. So far on this quest Iron had been like the sister that she never had. Quite literally since she didn't even know if she actually had a sister or not. Even if she did though, she was more than certain her parents had corrupted her into being just as uncaring and as self-centered as they were. The more she thought about the idea, the more she came to like it inside herself. Of course she would never actually be able to bring it up to Iron Wing. After all. They had just met not only the night before and it would be rather silly to think that she would feel even close to the same way as she did.

Daylight though, ever since he'd joined up with the group he's had something... special. He was always the one that would put himself on the line for her when Iron wasn't available to do so, and even if she was, he'd often take the other side. The fact that he had willingly slept next to her for the night last night after knowing and seeing the fact that she would end up wetting the bed after already seeing a wet patch on the blanket the first time she'd woken up earlier that night, was something she'd never have expected from anypony. The fact that he had told her that he did it because he was expecting her to do the very thing that she did and wanted to help hide it from the others was even more heart-warming to her and she let her head hang as the floodgates broke as the emotions playing in her mind had finally won her body over.

She cried. Silently at first, but she cried. It was the first time in her life that she had actually felt accepted and it wasn't just by one pony, it was by a small group of them. Celestia certainly knew how to arrange the right ponies together to make sure that everything worked and she would have to thank her to no end once they succeeded for allowing her to meet her new friends.

That made her question herself though, because she didn't know what exactly what was going to happen either way. Even if they did succeed, a majority of the ponies were from different places... She knew that Iron Wing was right there in Ponyville with her, but she didn't have any idea abut anypony else. For all she knew once they succeeded everypony would go their separate ways, and that very realization hit ice, hard. Hard enough to where her silent crying became a good bit more audible. Thankfully her tears on her face were being absorbed as they were falling onto the moss that she was laying on. Unless somepony were to look right at her, they wouldn't be able to tell anything.

She looked back into the direction of Iron Wing, and then towards Daylight and she was certain that at the very least of the group these were the two that she would do whatever she could do to keep them in her life. She knew that she was risking her own sanity and at this point her life by taking this chance to get this close to another pony, or in this case ponies again but she didn't care. She didn't want to be alone anymore and if she was going to be forced to be alone, then she'd rather just let herself waste away so she didn't have to deal with it for that much longer.

She had just about reached the peak of her breakdown when she heard the ice at the opening of the cave shatter open and pieces of it went flying though the cave. Instantly her head shot up and she say Daylight move in front of her in a very defensive position. One that if the threat of immediate danger wasn't present would have made her break down even further, but she saw over his shoulder. The creature that had broken through the ice was a dragon, and this sent adrenaline streaming though her body like a melting glacier ravaging its way down the side of a mountain carrying everything down with it. She had no idea what this creature wanted or if it was even friendly. If there was one thing that she did know about dragons, was that, with the exception of spike, most viewed ponies more as a delicious snack rather than anything else.

She first heard Daylight stand his ground and address the dragon asking if he was friend or foe, and what his intentions were. IT was then that Ice noticed that the small break in the wall was only big enough for the dragon to get through and that he was only a bit taller than they were. Well about a quarter taller standing upright as he was and it sealed off the exit if then needed to make a quick escape. She then heard Alex that had woken up add the question of whether he was with us or against us, and before the dragon had a chance to respond Ice immediately charged her Ice magic and cause the rest of the Ice wall to blow itself out of the exit of the cave and shatter as it had done so.

"You aren't going to block us all in that easily if indeed you are an enemy," she told him as the air around her began to chill to the point where you could see the water vapor in the air around her beginning to freeze and a small shell of ice beginning to form around her body as her protective armor began to form around her. "My name is Ice Storm, and if you even lay a scale on any of my friends, I will be the first to show you exactly why my last name is Storm!" she warned him. She had just made two of the strongest bonds that she's ever had with anypony and she would be damned if a dragon was going to waltz in here and ruin one of them thinking that he was going to be getting an easy meal. No, if this dragon was intending to start a fight he was going to severely a lot more than he bargained for. She then looked back in the direction that Iron Wing had taken the blanket and yelled for her. "Iron Wing! We have company!" she told her ready for anything that was about to happen not knowing that this dragon had actually known Iron wing.

With that she moved up next to Daylight prepared to do whatever she had to in order to keep everypony safe. She knew that Iron Wing had made a similar oath, but she had went a bit deeper into the cave and until she got back, she had to be the meat shield for everypony else at the moment and try to keep this dragon off of them as much as possible. At the very least though, with that wall gone at the entrance, they had a way out should it come down to that. That being said she also began to think about what would happen if this dragon was another dragon like Spike. Granted, she had no reason to think that, as what she'd been taught about them, but she knew that if by some Celestian Miracle this dragon wasn't like every other one and didn't want to make them his lunch, then she could thing of several ways that he could be beneficial to their search.

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 2

Iron Wing was thinking about her situation and how she could get a bit more... personal to the other ponies. She had always a bit difficulties and kept beeing very formal. She did not have much friends in Ponyville, just a few and sometimes she felt a bit lonely. Her boyfriend was missing since a couple of days, her sister who was here for a visit kept sleeping with these mystical winds and now she had a small group of ponies she like much but was a bit shy if it came to personal topics. She had wrung out the blanket and put it on moss to get away even the last drop of liquit. Of course it smelled a bit, but not much, so she folded the blanket and put it back into her saddlebag into a pocket that wasn´t used that much. Ice would need this item perhaps now and then on their adventure and she could clean it within a river or something like that.

She also looked into the direction of Felix and smiled a bit. He was still sleeping and he had helped Ice Storm to get to sleep again. Iron would give this pony a chance and she would introduce herself to him if he would wake up. But now she wanted the group to regain their strength and pulled out a little pot from her equipment and started to fill it with her ration, beans, sweet peppers, onions, rice and some other vegetables she had with her. Since the ice wall wasn´t that big now and there were some holes in it, it would suck smoke out of the cave with the air cycle. It wasn´t dangerous anymore to make a little fire. And so she did, and she filled the pot with the ingredients to make a delicious vegi stew. It probably would reduce her ration to the half, but it was totally worth it. So she started cooking and as calculated, the air cycle did take care of the smoke. While the stew heated up, she pulled on her wing armor again.

"WAKE UP EVERYPONY! We... err... have a bit of a situation here!"

"Iron Wing! We have company!"

It was at the time the stew had to boil a bit as the other ponies shouted. "Great, just in time before lunch we get trouble..." she said, walking fast to the entry. She didn´t see everything now, she just prepared herself for intense close combat. Threatening she spread her wings and stepped forward. Ice was already looming to use her magical powers to defend the cave and the other ponies. As Iron Wing came closer she could see the shade of a dragon in the entry of the cave. With heavy metallic hoove steps she came closer, the mechanical parts of her wings made some scratchy noises too. "If you are hostile prepare for combat!" she shouted from distance. Finally she got near to get a look at the dragon... and she could not believe her eyes. "Colt? Colt! I am so relieved that you are ok! I searched for 3 entire days for you!" she said loud as she identified her special somedragon on the entry of the cave, and she came closer with a bright smile on her face. But then she stopped. "Colt? Wha... why are you looking like that?" she asked him as she saw his face expression. It seemed like he didn´t know her at all... what had happened to him?

She wanted to run to him and to hug him just like that, but she kept her mind focused, forcing herself not starting to cry. "You... you don´t remember me, right?" she asked with a carefull and deep voice. She had learned a lot within her guardian training in Canterlot and she could tell that he was confused. She looked around to see that the others kept their guard up. "May i introduce to you all... this is the dragon Colt the Strahl. We know each other, but i think he has some problems remembering me..."

• Brohoof 2

When he had seen Alex nod and then focus on the task at hand, Electrobolt smiled softly as he looked at the wall of ice again. As he was observing what was going on outside of the icy window, he recalled everything that had happened so far. When he first joined the group, he had felt rather nervous and uncomfortable, unsure of how he would fit in. However, because of these ponies, they had made him feel welcomed. And recently, Daylight had stuck out to the young colt as a sort of brotherly figure. He smiled slightly more as he thought on it.

As he thought on it a little more, Electrobolt began to think back to Daylight. The way he had cared for the young colt was what had brought up his thoughts on how Day seemed like a brother to him. *Daylight...* he thought to himself. *I wonder how he would feel if I asked him if he could be my brother... It'd probably be silly, but...* However, his thoughts were stopped as he yawned a little bit. Shaking his head, he thought, *No... I can't sleep right now... I have to focus on my task...* But try as he might to stay up all night, sleep eventually caught up to him as he nodded off, his head tilted downwards.

"WAKE UP EVERYPONY! We... err... have a bit of a situation here!" Day shouted with a clear sense of urgency in his voice. He hoped that his voice would echo back into the cave so that Iron could hear it too.

However, this slumber did not last too long, as suddenly he jolted to life at Daylight's voice. Looking around with his ears perked up, Electrobolt then noticed the intrusion of a dragon, as well as a gap in the icy barrier. Suddenly, he began to show fear on his face, seeing a dragon just break in without any problem. How could he not have heard the--- But then he remembered that he had dozed off. Even though he would love to show embarrassment right now, fear was plastered on his face. Even though the other ponies save for Iron were together and interrogating the dragon, he was still in his same position, nervous.

However, as soon as Iron had returned and started to speak up, Electrobolt's face shifted from fear to confusion. How does Iron Wing know this dragon's name? And why was she being so friendly with said dragon? After a while, however, she then introduced everypony to the dragon, known as Colt the Strahl. She then added that they know each other, before saying he seemed to have some problems remembering her. Shaking his head, he was still slightly confused. But if Iron Wing is friends with Colt, then perhaps he isn't one of the bad dragons. "Um..." he started before clearing his throat out, still a tiny bit confused and nervous. "Hello... Nice to meet you, Colt..."

• Brohoof 1

The cave had enough light to see his eyes did not dealy to find the ones that left so many tracks on their way to the cave there was a group of ponies in front of him; some asleep, some awake and well acting like normal ponies would do around him, around a “monster”.

"WAKE UP EVERYPONY! We... err... have a bit of a situation here!"

"My name is Ice Storm, and if you even lay a scale on any of my friends, I will be the first to show you exactly why my last name is Storm!"

“Why does it always have to be like this ” his mind spelled as the dragon sighed. He hated how the pony kind reacted towards him, always seen as a menace, a threat, a vile beast taken from the tales meant to scare little foals. The faces on the ponies showed fear and doubt. “Why didn’t they? Im nothing more than a monster for them “ he thought as he watched and felt a magic threat coming from the sky blue mare in front of him.

She threaten him, telling the obvious in reaction and before this got out of hooves he just raised his paws in a surrender pose trying to tell them he was no threat at all letting his staff fall into the gorund and addressed to them.

“I have nothing against you, I meant no harm to anypony. I know is hard to believe given the way I look but I don’t want problems just let me walk out and you won’t have to worry about me again” he said to them, it was hard for him, each time one of “them” look at him it was the same reaction, didn’t matter if he was just walking around or have save their lives, they could only see the scales, fangs and claws nothing more.

"If you are hostile prepare for combat!"

That voice resounded in his head and a blue blur stood between him and the others, he was not able to see the face of the blue blur standing in front of him, his heart started to race, his ears began to buzz and his head to ache “What is going on?” he was confused and scared this was terrible and on top of that he was about to get rammed by the source of it. 

"Colt? Colt! I am so relieved that you are ok! I searched for 3 entire days for you!"

“My name, its calling me?” he thought among confusion, the dragon raised his eyes trying to focus the blue blur but its face and voice were so distorted in his mind he wasn’t unable to say a thing and the more he tried to remember the more the pain stung mind.

Colt focused on her words, He was able to distinguish the voice of a mare “She was looking for me, the same time I was out after… whatever happened. She knows who I am but why can’t I see her, or pin her down in my mind” his stress and desperation for the situation was building up.

"You... you don´t remember me, right?"

“She is important?” he thought as he could listen concern in her voice “She matters”, the mare keep telling everypony about him and as she kept going on his heart and mind were going nuts. The chest of the dragon felt like breaking from the inside for the beats contained in it, the pain in his mind kept growing. He gave a step back and started to move weird with both claws arround his head, the dragon’s pupils sharped and his eyes started to glow. “She matters” was what soul kept telling him. “I have to see her, I have to know”.

The greets of the other ponies never reached his ears the disorder inside him was to much he was going crazy. Then he understood, his heart was going crazy because of her, his soul was burning because of her, “she was all”

Colt’s eyes began to shine with a golden light and a field of magic appeared in his now closed fist, by this time everypony in the cave was watching him with eyes full of confusion and concern as he was acting like out of his mind and her face was still gone behind that unreal blur.

“I have to remember you!” he said with a loud voice taking what he had left of magic and sending all to his fist the one which took all his strength and a straight direction diving between his eyes on the scaled forehead of the dragon.

The impact made a blunt sound, concise and direct the magic ran through his mind and the reminisces spread at the sides of his skull looking like sweat swept out by the shock. He fall to his knees holding up just by his other arm. Drops of blood began to paint the floor as a line of the red liquid started to flow on Colt’s forehead and face.

“Im sorry Celes”, his voice break the silence in the cave as he looked up to the mare in front of him with a smile on his face ”I was just a little confused”.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

The events that followed the intrusion of the dragon into the cave had left Ice completely speechless. First this dragon states that he has absolutely no intention of hurting anypony, and that if they wished, and allowed him to, he would leave and not be a bother again. Then as soon as Iron Wing saw this dragon, she knew exactly whom he was and stated that he was a friend named Colt the Strahl. Ice thought back to the words that she had just shouted to the dragon, and watched as he did something weird with his hand and caused it to glow. Magic? she thought to herself. When she saw him what looked like punching himself in the face though, hard enough to draw blood from himself, she gasped. This was very obviously turning out to be another one of those dragons that was indeed very much like Spike.

Ice turned to look at herself. What she saw frightened her. She was so quick to jump and defend everyone that she considered her friends that she very nearly hurt on that she holds the closest. She saw the frosted air around her and the glistening ice that covered her body and she couldn't believe herself. Right now she felt like the worst possible friend that she could be to anypony else. Slowly her magic dissipated and the ice around her began to settling down around her as it melted off of her body, her flood of emotions hitting her from earlier as well as the new ones that were now hitting her from the lack of adrenaline that was now flowing through her body. The force of which she's been hit felt like as if somepony had tired her to the railroad tracks and let about a hundred trains hit her in rapid succession. She couldn't take it anymore. "I'm.... I'm... sorry... for almost doing something I would have regretted... I'll just...." she started before bolting into the deepest part of the cave as her emotions overwhelmed her again.

This time though she wasn't able to even attempt a silent cry. Too much emotional pain had built up inside of of her as she though back to the times where she was always alone and what her own family had done to her. The fact that she'd never even had anything close to a friend with the exception of Luna, and she wasn't even sure anymore if that was actually a friendship or just her being nice to her. No, her cries were anything but silent as she lay in the farthest corner of the cave that she could find. Maybe if she stayed away from everypony else she couldn't accidentally hurt any of them in her very emotionally unstable state of mind at the moment. Right now she just did the only thing that she felt like she could do at this moment, cry, and cry hard.

• Brohoof 1

Iron could tell that Colt was very confused and he seemed to have much problems in remembering who she was. Perhaps the strange magic had done something to him. Thoughtful she stared to the ground, not knowing what to tell him. What should she do to help him regaining his memory? She also felt a chilling atmosphere coming from Ice Storm. She had started a spell or something like that and Iron started to feel cold already. It was a feeling that could be nearly compared to the winds that kept bugging them yesterday. Iron didn´t know much about magic but it just "feeled" dangerous what Ice was probably about to do. But then Colt started to panic and forced some magic spell on him self.

“I have to remember you!” he said with a loud voice taking what he had left of magic and sending all to his fist the one which took all his strength and a straight direction diving between his eyes on the scaled forehead of the dragon. The impact made a blunt sound, concise and direct the magic ran through his mind and the reminisces spread at the sides of his skull looking like sweat swept out by the shock. He fall to his knees holding up just by his other arm. Drops of blood began to paint the floor as a line of the red liquid started to flow on Colt’s forehead and face.

"Colt have you gone nuts?" she shouted and ran to him, looking at his wounds. It seemed he had an injured wing, some bruises and now a bleeding head. Why are these dragons so careless? She turned around and looked to the other ponies. "Mr Felix, please give me a hoove. Could you look at the dragons wounds and give him medical aid? He is a friend of mine and it would be a big relieve if somepony could do something about his injuries..." she said to the new pony within their ranks. It was strange, but somehow she already trusted the new pony. Perhaps because he had helped Ice Storm already and within the night he just rested and did no harm to anypony.

“Im sorry Celes”, his voice break the silence in the cave as he looked up to the mare in front of him with a smile on his face ”I was just a little confused”.

"A bit confused? You made my heartbeat stop for a second! Stop doing harmful magic to yourself!" she said, a little blushed because he had called her by her nickname. At least he did remember her now and she felt more at ease. But she had to complain at him because of  his long absence sooner or later. She looked a bit happy to finally found him and now she didn´t have to worry about that bad. She had searched for 3 long days for him and hadn´t even known where he could be. It was a hard time that also her sister had gone sleeping and she couldn´t split into two pegasus.

"I'm.... I'm... sorry... for almost doing something I would have regretted... I'll just...." she started before bolting into the deepest part of the cave as her emotions overwhelmed her again.

Iron Wing looked at Ice as she started to run deeper into the cave. "What the..." she could imagine by her words and the feeling she had some moments ago what was going on. But now there was Colt too who caused some flurry around the ponies. Iron just sighed. "Alex, please be so kind and help Felix with his medical stuff if he needs anything. Daylight and Electrobolt, would you do me a favour and help Colt to get into the Cave? I will have a look at Ice Storm and be back in some minutes. By the way, if anypony is hungry, i have cooked something delicious over there..." she said and pointed at her cooking place. The flavour of cooked vegetables was in the air and she had seasoned the meal with some western flavour, not to spicy. "Colt, i will return in some minutes, please rest here and let Felix have a look at your wounds..." she said with a very structural organisation, knowing the strengths of most of the ponies. She was a guardian and knowing something about the group she had to travel with was her job. She started to go deeper into the cave to find Ice Storm.

No, her cries were anything but silent as she lay in the farthest corner of the cave that she could find. Maybe if she stayed away from everypony else she couldn't accidentally hurt any of them in her very emotionally unstable state of mind at the moment. Right now she just did the only thing that she felt like she could do at this moment, cry, and cry hard.

Iron Wing trotted further into the cave, looking for Ice. After a short while she found her, sobbing all alone in a corner, and the pegasus took a short time to look at her. Judging by her reactions sooner and her sentence she said, it had something to do with her past, something that haunted her since at least while now. Perhaps months? Or years? Iron Wing wasn´t a psychological pony, but since she had to do much with ponies interpersonally, she could identify some issues with ponies. She came near her, lay down besides her and covering her with her wing, pulling her close to her. Like a wing-hug she just sat there and was with her, to give her the feeling that she wouldn´t be alone. She knew that it was the wrong thing to start talking right now, it was important for Ice to calm down a bit. As she sat there, sharing her body warmth with the icy mare, she just smiled warm to her to give her more confidence and courage. "We are all here with you." Iron then finally started with a calm and caring voice. "Your intentions were honest and brave as you wanted to protect everyone with your magic..." she finished to let the spoken words and her presence make an impression on Ice Storm. Iron would wait until she wanted to speak.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

Ice couldn't even hear the hoofsteps of Iron when she was approaching her from behind and she was startled a bit when she felt the wing around her but relaxed as she felt Iron pull Ice closer to herself. She was still very much hurting inside and it was difficult to stop the flow of tears coming from her. She listened to Iron speak when she did, and hearing the words only made her a bit worse inside emotionally. She was so torn inside that she didn't even know what happiness was anymore at the moment. Years of pent up emotion were ravaging her body as the cascade of tears continued down the sides of the mare's face. When Iron told her that they were all there for her, and that she was honest and brave to want to protect everypony with her magic.

"I know but..." she started taking a quick breath through a sniff. "I almost hurt one of you friends... and... in doing so would have hurt you... and possibly somepony else on accident..." She began through sobs. "This.... This is the first time in my life I've ever truly been accepted by anypony... I never had a family, anypony to call a friend, or anypony that even cared..." she cried, allowing for a short pause to catch her breath.

"Even when I was born... I never had a family... My parents always while supportive at first ended up turning completely against me... The called me a mistake because of the issues that I had... I was suspected by doctors to have been born without magic at all..." she sniffed, "And then when I started wetting the bed... It only got worse... and my own parents eventually, completely abandoned me... I always got trampled over by Everypony else in Fillydelphia. I've been kicked, trampled, spit on, made fun of, thrown against walls... In fact short of being out right killed I can't think of anything that hasn't been done to me..." she spoke, the hurt and pain in her voice. "I had to walk... literally walk... from Fillydelphia to Canterlot because I was only a filly myself... there was no way I could have afforded, or even been allowed on a train... but even at that... none of the guards there... not even any at the watched tower cared enough to try to stop a lone fillie that had no means of protecting herself from going into the wild... Nopony cared. I was just a mistake in everypony's eyes and if something happened to me, it was apparently for the better..." she sniffed.

"Then I finally made it to Canterlot after getting trapped in a blizzard only to receive the exact same treatment that I was running away from in Fillydelphia solely because I wasn't Canterlot Blood. The only pony that had ever shown any concern towards me was Princess Luna, and even now I can't really even be sure if she actually cared of if she was just bing nice to help her status among everypony else... I want to hope it's because she cared, but with the way everypony else has been in Canterlot, and thinking back on it I can't honestly be sure. The kicking, the trampling, and the spitting all continued, and then the school caught wind of the fact that I still had to wear diapers at night because I still wet the bed... Ever since then I was always the 'Canterlot Baby' in the school of magic. All the teachers hated me and were out to make my life a living nightmare..." she said bluntly.

"That was the main reason I was so scared when you woke up next to me in that puddle... I've never been accepted by anypony, and even my own parents abandoned me because of that issue because they deemed me, 'a lost cause' because an Aristocrat that came to Fillydelphia was helping them with their businesses and giving them financial wealth and I was apparently a stain in their new-found image... That's why I initially broke down after the first time that you hugged me, and then when Daylight came over, and told me that he laid next to me because he knew what was going to happen and he wanted to help hide it from the others... It's quite literally the first time any gesture of such kindness has ever been extended to me, and this is the first time I've ever truly felt accepted anywhere is within this group of friends that I've just made..." she sated as her thoughts drifted back towards the end of this mission.

"And what hurts the most is that once this is done and over with.. many of the ponies we're with are going to go separate ways... And now... once I've finally felt what it's like to be accepted and what it's like to not be alone... by the time all is said and done, the only thing I'll end up being is alone," she told Iron looking up to her. The tears that were originally just cascading droplets down the side of her face were how river torrents with the occasional wave in them as slightly larger tears passed over the never-ending river of smaller ones. "And I don't want to be alone anymore. I don't wanna have to go back to being the odd one out. The one that everypony wants to avoid, or the one that's too scared to go anywhere because she doesn't want to get hurt anymore... And now not only to have I had to deal my entire life of being completely alone, now I've been tasked with the most important mission in Equestrian History to stop something that will kill everypony in Equestria if it's not stopped... I just.. I don't know... If it means I don't have to be alone anymore... I might even welcome it..." she finished as she buried her head in her hooves and, not just cried, but out right bawled.

• Brohoof 2

Iron Wing listened to the story Ice told her and was surprised to hear something sad like this. Of course she had seen and heard bad stories and things but no story was ever on a deep emotional level like this one. She had to admit that a past like this was very hard to endure and the more she was amazed by Ice that she had be the pony she was now. Ice continued telling her story to her and it meant that Ice trusted Iron Wing and she felt emotional touched with this honor. As she listened to the unicorns story, she decided to help her. She didn´t know how exactly, but she would figure something out.

"And I don't want to be alone anymore. I don't wanna have to go back to being the odd one out. The one that everypony wants to avoid, or the one that's too scared to go anywhere because she doesn't want to get hurt anymore... And now not only to have I had to deal my entire life of being completely alone, now I've been tasked with the most important mission in Equestrian History to stop something that will kill everypony in Equestria if it's not stopped... I just.. I don't know... If it means I don't have to be alone anymore... I might even welcome it..."

"It is like i said, we are here with you. You don´t have to be alone anymore, and i don´t think that you are a pony anyone has to avoid." Iron Wing started. "Since i joined this quest i watched everypony within the group, that includes you. And until now you have made a very fine impression to me, and i think you can be proud of the knowledge you have worked hard for, and of course the character you are. I see a fine mare sitting next to me, thinking and caring, lead by her heart." she told her. "If you would not possess the knowledge and thought about a plan as the winds showed up, we wouldn´t have made it. You saved us already once, and i am thankful for this." Iron told Ice in all honesty.

"You see, i was raised within the Grayhoove Clan, a proud group of several families who decided to live for the safety of the ponies in Equestria. The Clans roots are centuries old and now we are hundrets of ponies. To be part of the Clan... to be part of the family, you don´t have to be born as a Grayhoove..." she explained, preparing Ice for a possible solution of at least one of her problems. "To be a Grayhoove can be hard of course since you have to learn much about many topics. The more combat specialised ponies of course are participating in battle... like me. Even if the teachers and the referrers are hard, they are always fair and caring. So i thought about it and... um..." she continued, not knowing how to explain to Ice what her idea was.

It was always a bit difficult for Iron with topics like that. She had already participated in wild battles on the country border to defend Equestria from enemies, she fought monsters and wouldn´t fear to fight full grown dragons, even if the chances of victory weren´t that great. But to tell a pony something important on the more emotional level was a bit... more tough. "um... how to say something like this..." she started again. "I, Iron Wing Celes Grayhoove would be proud... if you want to join our family and clan and to introduce you to the parents which would accept you like the mare you are." she stated to Ice Storm, giving her a warm and welcoming smile. It was not an act of compassion, but an act of how she felt. Since yesterday evening as Ice had talked to her she felt something special, and she wanted to share it with her.

Of course Iron didn´t know how Ice would react to an offer like that. Perhaps she didn´t even bother or want something like that? But Iron Wing would try it. "If you don´t want to... i would understand..." she added quickly. "... but if you would need anypony you can talk to, know that i am always there. And just because our quest would end in the one or other outcome, it does not mean that you will loose any of the group members." Iron told her. But she thought she had made the right decision, and as a guardian with the full rights of a Grayhoove, she was able to adopt or recruit members. In Ice Storms case, she would be adopted into Iron Wings family and after this quest she would have introduced her to Irons mother and father... and to her little sister if she would wake up. She had to grin with the thought that her little sister would wake up and had two big sisters instead of just one. She would be more than excited and happy. She hugged Ice a bit more with her wing and waited for her response.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

The words that Iron followed Ice's past with were not the words that Ice had been expecting. At this point though, she didn't even really have an idea of what she was actually expecting. What she knew was that all the emotional backlash from pent up years of hurt had hit her full force and had left her mind, and judgment clouded. She looked up though when Iron Wing told her that since the very beginning of the quest that they had been sent on, she had been watching and judging everypony. This made Ice a bit worried because so far she felt like she's shown nothing but weakness after collapsing in the cave and then making a mess everywhere from something that she couldn't control.

What she heard instead though, was that Iron had been impressed by everything that she had seen from her. Iron told her that she could be proud of the knowledge that she worked hard for, and that she saw a fine mare sitting next to her. A statement which made Ice both blush a bit and at the very least begin to calm down. She then informed her that had she not been as quick with the knowledge of the cold, and the winds that she already had, that they wouldn't have even made it this far, and that she had already saved Iron and the rest of the group once already. This made her blush a bit more.

Iron then mentioned something about the "Greyhoove" Clan, and Ice thought back a bit and she couldn't really say that she had heard of anything like it in the past. From what she stated about it though, it was a group of families that dedicated their lives to protecting Equestria. She also gave a base outline of the clan stating that the teachers could be hard, but that they were always fair and caring. Then Iron Wing said something that stopped Ice in her tracks. It sounded.... It sounded like Iron Wing was formally inviting her into this clan, and included the wording of parents accepting her for who she is. Ice blushed again. After a short pause Iron added that if she didn't want to, that she understood as well, and that if she ever needed a pony to talk to, that she would be there to listen.

Ice looked to Iron Wing's eyes and she could feel her wing pulling her closer. Everything about what she had heard had been genuine and it took a moment for Ice to comprehend what was going on. Once she understood though, she through her hooves around Iron and wrapped her in one of the tightest hugs that she'd ever given anypony. "I... I honestly can't put into words.... what it just felt like to hear what you said... I... I've never felt such an act of kindness before from anypony else.  Like I said... I've never been accepted by anypony else except Princess Luna," she told Iron still clutching her tightly. She pulled back a bit and looked up to Iron. "Are you sure they will accept me though... especially once they find out about my "other" issue? It's been the straw that's broke the camels back in every situation I've ever been in... If you positive... then.... then I'd love to.... I'd love to have a family that I can go home to and not have to be afraid to be myself..." she sighed.

• Brohoof 2

Everything about what she had heard had been genuine and it took a moment for Ice to comprehend what was going on. Once she understood though, she through her hooves around Iron and wrapped her in one of the tightest hugs that she'd ever given anypony.

Iron Wing was a little surprised with Ice´s reaction on the first moment, but then she enjoyed the hug and she was happy to found something that would make the unicorn happy. of course they would have to wait until the quest was done before she could introduce her to her new parents, but it was worthy to hold on to it. She knew that Ice would be happy with her new family and of course Iron would defend her from every danger or harmful thoughts.

"I... I honestly can't put into words.... what it just felt like to hear what you said... I... I've never felt such an act of kindness before from anypony else. Like I said... I've never been accepted by anypony else except Princess Luna," she told Iron still clutching her tightly.

"You don´t have to put your feelings into words..." Iron replied, still hugging her. She could feel the mare trembling with excitement and emotion. These were some of the few moments that shouldn´t fade away too fast and it was something important for Ice. Iron had listened to her story and it was a shame that in the land of friendship still such harmful acts against ponies were done. To think about that she had gone through all this in her past, it must be a real relieve to find somepony who would accept her. But for Iron to be this pony was just coincidence. Iron was like that all the time, accepting every creature around her that would not mean any harm to her or others.

"Are you sure they will accept me though... especially once they find out about my "other" issue? It's been the straw that's broke the camels back in every situation I've ever been in... If you positive... then.... then I'd love to.... I'd love to have a family that I can go home to and not have to be afraid to be myself..." she sighed.

Iron Wing smiled with relieve and warmth at the same time. "Yes, they will accept you the way you are. They don´t mind little flaws like that and i am sure that they are happy to take good care of you. I am sure they will give you a nickname like they gave me or my little sister. With you joining the family, you would have a little sister... Dazzling Wing is her name... and of course a big sister... " she said, winking with one eye. "Mum... or Minia Dreamglide... she is very intelligent, all knowing and caring... and dad... also known as Herald Grayhoove... he is a guard in Canterlot." she told Ice, telling a bit about her family. It would be important to know what would await Ice Storm if they would finish the quest. She was already imagine what her father would say to her, how there would be a welcome party and of course his habit to make us much photos as possible. Dazzy, the little sister, would want to play all the time or see Ice doing magic tricks. "But i warn you... if you and Dazzling eat up all the cake mum bakes, before i can get a piece, i´ll pillow fight you two against the walls..." she smirked to Ice.

• Brohoof 3

As Daylight stared into Ice's eyes, he could see her eyes beginning to water and tears roll down her face yet she made no noise. He was very impressed how how strong willed Ice must be to not have already broken down after everything that had happened.

After he had walked over and confronted the dragon. He saw Alex awake and also enter a defensive stance.
Suddenly, the remainder of the Ice barrier broke and Day heard Ice speak up from behind him. As she walked up next to him, he felt the temperature in the cave drop dramatically to a point where it became chilly and looking at Ice he saw she had created a barrier of Ice around her body.

Daylight knew she had good intentions and was just trying to protect them but... he was worried that her actions may be interpreted as hostile to the dragon. he was intrigued though when the dragon spoke that he meant them no harm and was willing to just simply leave.
Right then though Iron appeared and said to know this dragon whose name was Colt, but... he was unable to remember her which surprised him. Day relaxed, but only slightly as if Colt could not remember who iron was, then there still could be trouble. He also heard Electro speak up so the only one who was still asleep was Felix.

Day watched Colt when iron had approached her friend. He clearly could not remember her but from his expression Day could tell he was trying very hard to. Colts yellow eyes began to glow and shine a golden light and a same coloured magical aurora appeared around his fist. Day took a few steps back, both in fear and bewilderment. "What...? A dragon that can use magic...?" he thought.

Colt then cried out to iron, and preceded to use his fist that was now charged up with some strange magic to punch himself right between the eyes. The impact made a blunt sound, and Colt, most likely winded by the effect, fell to his knees with blood now dripping from a cut on his forehead which made Day wince. he didn't like the idea of self harm and was worried what the dragon had done to himself...

Lucky, he spoke up, now remembering who Iron was. Day breathed a sigh of relief, and relaxed completely, the threat being no more. iron looked relieved but also angry at what Colt had done and was also concerned about the wounds he had. She asked Felix for assistance but there could be something he could do too...
His head then quickly spun to look at Ice when she had began to speak, before bolting into the deepest part of the cave. It was clear that she realised she had overreacted, and even a strong willed mare like her, could no longer handle the emotional turmoil she was being faced with. He should go and comfort her but he thought he should probably tend to Colt first. Iron, who also seemed concerned about Ice went further into the cave to find her, also mentioning that she had prepared food for them to eat, which Day could smell the aroma that was coming from it. It smelled delicious.

Day then turned to examine Colt more closely, and saw that his injuries were mostly only bruises and scratches as his scales had protected him from whatever it was that he had gone through, and other than the cut on his head, the most serious wound seemed to be a bruise on his wing. He wasn't sure about dragon wings but he remembered reading about Pegasus's wings and how they were very delicate and how a simple bruise could render them from flying, so he assumed the same would be true for a dragon. He could completely heal him using his magic but... his wounds were mostly minor other than for his wing and it would tire him out unnecessarily as Felix could tend to his other wounds.

@@Colt
"Colt, I can heal you using magic but, as it costs me my energy and most of your wounds are relatively minor I will only heal your wing and leave the rest to Felix, another pony in our group who is much more skilled in First aid then I am. Relax your wing so I can easily reach the bruised part with my horn" He said calmly and friendly.
Day then walked around to the side of Colt, and with his wing relaxed, charged up his horn slightly which glowed a bright white in the process, then touched it to the bruised area. he could feel the energy and warm transfer through him and out of his horn into Colt's wing.

When he retracted his horn, the spell having worn off, he exclaimed Colts wing where the bruise had been, which was no longer there. He walked back round to the front of Colt to speak to him again.
@@Colt
"There, your wing should be healed now. I need to go check on Ice now but I'll get Felix to come over and finish healing you up."

Day then turned around and walked deeper into the cave, before stopping and talking to Felix.
@
“I’ve healed a bruise on Colt’s wing using my magic which looked like to be the most serious injury, which is a good thing but not surprising for a dragon with scales and all I guess. I would have healed him completely but that would have tired me out a lot more so seeing as you're here I can leave the rest up to you if you don’t mind.” He said to Felix smiling.
“Now, if you’d excuse me, I need to go check on Ice...” he said trailing off and heading deeper into the cave.
As he neared the back of the cave, he saw Iron already there, covering Ice with her wing as she did before. He heard Ice telling Iron through tears about her life story, how she had experienced so much hardship and rejection, and how the kindness him and Iron had shown meant the world to her, and most importantly, how it meant she didn't have to be alone anymore...

Daylight couldn't help to be touched by Ice’s story and shed a tear in response. He might not have experienced the same rejection as she had but he very well knew how it felt to be truly alone never having anypony he could rely on but himself. He walked up next to the group and was about to say or do something to comfort Ice when Iron responded. The first part of what she said, he agreed with completely. He thought she made a very good leader, much better than he ever would in his opinion. Iron then started talking about the Grayhoove clan, which she herself was a part of. Normally he wasn't fond of clans as the most if not all of the ones in Manehatten were... usually up to something shifty but he had heard good things about this one how they fought for honor and justice to guard and protect those who were unable to fend for themselves. He was unsure why Iron would be telling Ice about all this now, until she formally invited her to join. This made Day become very anxious, though he was not sure why. Something inside of him was dreading if Ice accepted Iron’s invitation...

As much as he was dreading it, he was also half expecting it, so he was not surprised when ice accepted Iron’s invitation. His heart sank, as he was now deeply concerned what this meant for him... he knew he should be happy for Ice’s sake but... it felt to him like he had just lost the first pony who he was ever close to...

Day just stood there, watching the two mares hug each other in joy. He didn't want to interrupt the moment they were having, but he didn't want to just walk away either as that’s what he had always done in the past, not when he felt he might have finally got a real friend so not knowing what to do... he just simply sighed and hung his head. Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 2

"I'm.... I'm... sorry... for almost doing something I would have regretted... I'll just...."

“No wait I…” the dragon thought in his mind, as he raised his claw in a void attempt to reach for the cerulean unicorn, but his voice didn’t reached out of his mouth and a blur cover his sight in reaction of the sudden movement, the magic shock on his head and the fact it drained his reserves were now taking the toll on his body.

“Well at least I can see her again” were the words in his mind realizing the price was just right being able to remember Iron Wing and realizing that he would have not forgive himself for forgetting her.

"Colt, i will return in some minutes, please rest here and let Felix have a look at your wounds..."

The dragon understood "she seems kind of important to her" were his thoughts, as he smiled, it was so good to picture his face once more on his memories and sight the dragon hinted a yes with his head and saw how Iron Wing dashed towards the shadows in the cave.

I will only heal your wing and leave the rest to Felix,

The dragon listened to the explanation the unicorn was giving; fortunately his mind was still working fine so he was able to understand all that happened around him. As the kind pony told him about his magic and healing he realized some worries in his eyes and “disturbance” around him, for sure Daylight, as he introduce himself, was concerned for the “icy mare”.

“Im sorry for causing this, Daylight” he told to the blonde stallion while he extended his wing to follow his instructions, “I never thought it will end like this…not as bad I guess”. The healing magic was always a wonder for Colt, it was an unreachable skill for him or his kind “The nature of our magic has whole different purposes” were the answers of his “mentors” every time he asked about it. In a way he knew the feeling first some ache and pain coming from his injured limb followed by a warm and gentle flow of energy that washed away the pain and restrictions of the injury

“Yes it feels much better…thank you” the dragon said while standing on his 4 paws, this was much more easy and safe for now while he was weak, he followed Daylight in silence as he spoke to Felix and realizing some other treatment was in cue he walked towards one of the walls of the cave in the same “area” Ice and Iron were but giving them more than enough space, Colt sat down and rested his back on the wall with on leg flexed on the floor and the other with his foot on the ground resting his claws over them.

Dragon ears are kind of “sharper” than pony ones so he could listen some of the conversation, in a way he Colt felt guilty for being “eavesdropping” on the mares but he felt so happy as the words of Iron reached the unicorn. “They would be happy to met her” the dragon’s mind spelled as he thought of his first visit to Iron’s home and family. In the end Ice Storm was getting a piece of the pegasus kind heart and Colt felt proud of Iron. “That’s Celes for you” he whispered with a smile as he rested into that cave waiting... until a wild blush covered his face as his belly started to grumble... or in that case roar.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

Eighteen years of pent up anger, hurt, sadness, and misfortune felt like it had been lifted from Ice Storm as she heard Iron Wing tell her that she knew that they would be accepting of her and started to tell her about the family that she now how. She told her that her parents would probably come up with some sort of nickname for her. Her mind instantly went to the negative as i has resorted to doing so often before before pushing the thought away. She then told her that she also had a little sister, and that her name was Dazzle Wing, and then further telling her that she would also have a big sister as well before giving her a quick wink. Ice could only giggle a bit as she used a hoof to wipe away the last bit of her tears from her eyes.

Iron then told her about her parents, that their mother's name was Minia Dreamglide, and that she was one of the most intelligent mares that you could meet, and that her father was Herald Greyhoove, and that he was a guard in Canterlot. This made her a bit worried because she still wasn't very fond of the Canterlot atmosphere. Considering that this pony was a guard though, and was, hopefully, going to be her new father, she figured he wouldn't be like the others. In fact, the more that she thought about it, the more she presumed that he would most likely be the exact opposite of what everypony else was like when she was there, and when Iron warned her about her and Dazzle eating all of the cake before she gets a piece that she would pillow fight them into a wall. The wording of it made Ice instinctively cringe but knew that it was meant with good intentions.

"Thank you.... Iron Wing... I... I really don't know what to say other than thank you... What concerns me though, is that most of the others don't know about me yet... Right now, you, Daylight, and Felix are the only three that know about my predicament and we're going to have at least one more overnight stop along the way..." she started as she heard a small sigh come from behind her. She turned around and saw Daylight with his head hung down. With a soft smile Ice pushed herself up giving her new big sister a nuzzle before walking over to Daylight. She brought her hoof and ran it along his neck up to his chin in motion to bring his eyes up to hers.

"What you did last night, knowing about the overnight issue that I had and willingly sleeping there knowing that you were going to get soaked just to help hide the issue from the others in the cave, is quite possibly one of the sweetest most generous things that anypony's ever done for me. In fact, both you and Iron Wing have shown me more kindness within the last hour between her inviting me to her family, and you doing what you did than anypony else had shown me my entire life. That's something," she told him pausing before moving in and locking her lips with his. She held herself there for a few moments before backing about an inch away. "That I'm never going to forget. From either you, or my new sister," she finished turning back and smiling at Iron Wing. Never had she felt this much happiness before, but she knew that she'd never feel that hurt again. She now had an even larger reason to fight these winds. She now had a family to save, and a new little sister that she had to help her new big sister protect. A mission that, no matter what, she was not about to fail.

• Brohoof 2

Daylight stared at the ground focusing on the bits of moss that were scatted and growing around at his feet. He had to admit that the moss had worked quite well as a absorbing all the liquid earlier and would be something useful to remember for the future. A icy blue hoof suddenly appeared in front of his face starting from the bottom of his neck and ran upwards to his chin which then caused his head to tilt back upwards as he found himself staring into the eyes of Ice Storm.

As she talked, his heart began to pound and he lost focus on what she was saying as he could sense she was about to do something so he just stayed silent, yet he was still unprepared fro when she moved closer and kissed him. If there was one word he could use to describe it it was... wet. It felt like all his emotions burst of of control from shock, to surprise, then stress all in a single second, before he relaxed and closed his eyes. Love was something he thought he may never find.

When he felt Ice pull away he opened his eyes to be staring directly into hers only a inch away, and saw the same sparkle in her eye as he saw in his dream. He heard her say something but it didn't register in his head as his face was showing an expression of shock as It was at that moment did the dream come flooding back to him, and he was sure without a doubt, that that mare in it had been Ice. He wasn't sure how he knew but... it just felt right in his heart.

Still in shock, he saw Ice turn back to look at Iron Wing and it was then that her last statement had registered in his brain, and he remembered why he had felt down in the first place.

"That I'm never going to forget. From either you, or my new sister,"

"NO!" He said loudly, before turning away so not to look at the pair of them.

"I'm sorry Ice but... I don't think it would work out. You now finally have a family, for which I am happy for but as for I, I only have... my office and my career..." He said trying to be strong but it was clear the sadness in his voice. He could also feel his eyes starting to water.

"When this all ends... you will go and move in with Iron Wing while I... go back to my apartment in Manehattan... alone... just the way it always was..." He said hanging his head down again.

"I know that by the end of this quest we would have most likely have become very attached to each other and by that point it would be too late as I wouldn't be able to live any more having to go back to my old life and... I would without a second thought give it all up for you Ice..."he said softly turning his head slightly to look at them and at the same time showing them both the tears that were flowing down the side of his face.

"I'm sorry Ice but... it would best that I left now before it is too late!" He said though a sob before breaking into a gallop and running out of the cave. He passed the others on his way out but he didn't stop to talk or even look at them as his tears streamed out from this side of his face in the wind.

He didn't go very far though as he felt guilty when he realized that he had just gone and abandoned them all like that which only added to the pain he was already feeling. There was a large tree trunk that had fallen over just outside the entrance which he stopped and sat on. He looked back into the cave but couldn't see the others inside that well due outside being a lot brighter then in the cave. It had all been too much for him to handle so he just buried his face in his hooves and cried deeply. He almost wished that he had never seen the request for help in the newspaper to begin with otherwise none of this would have ever happened...

Edited by Dave247

As Electrobolt just remained there, several things had happened in front of him. First was Ice, whom had apologized to Colt before running off deeper into the cave. He would have called out to her and tried to stop her, but it was too late. She had already gone into a gallop, disappearing deeper inside. It was a moment later, though, that Iron Wing had said that she would go and check on her. At those words, he calmed down a little, seeing as Iron would most likely be the best pony to handle this. So he simply nodded, watching as she went after Ice.

A little after, he then saw Daylight approach Colt, before healing only his wing after explaining that too much magic usage would cause him to be weakened again. Recalling how weak he had been since having increased the brightness of his light spell, he understood his reasoning. After healing the wing, he then said that he would check on Ice as well, before saying that Felix should be able to heal him up more. After seeing Day disappear into the depths as well, he looked around the current area. Right now, he could only see himself, Alex, Felix, and Colt.

As he sighed and began to sit down, a roar-like noise could be heard as Electrobolt quickly jumped onto his hooves again and started looking around frantically. Whatever creature caused the roar had spooked him, before his eyes looked over to Colt, who was blushing wildly. He wondered why he was blushing, before his own stomach grumbled, having not been fed for some time. Blushing at this as well, though only slightly, he figured Colt must have been hungry. Shaking his head, he looked to his sides, seeing his saddlebag was still on his back, and filled with apples and bananas.

@@Colt

Taking a long breath to calm himself down from that scare, he then began to approach the dragon. Once he got close enough, he sat down and worked the saddlebag off of his back. "Um, hello Colt," he began. "I, uh... I don't believe I introduced myself yet... My name is Electrobolt. And, uh... I don't quite know what you like, but in my saddlebag, I have some apples and bananas. If you're hungry, you can take what you want. And, um..." Just then, however, a loud "NO!" came from deep within the cave, and the voice sounded like Daylight's.

After a few moments passed by, Daylight then started to run past him and Colt, before leaving the cave. "Daylight, wait!" he called out, but his words fell on deaf ears as he was already outside. Concern plastered on his face, he sighed. Turning back to Colt, Electrobolt said, "I'm sorry to leave you now, but I need to go check on Daylight... Feel free to help yourself to the bananas and apples if you want. I'll be back as soon as possible..." Getting up again, he hurried outside the cave as he started to look for Daylight.

@@Dave247

Electrobolt didn't have to go far, however, as he only looked around the cave entrance before seeing a goldenrod pony sitting on a large tree trunk. Approaching the pony, he could hear him crying, which caused the young colt's heart to drop. He couldn't stand to see Daylight in this state, so he got to the tree trunk and sat down next to the unicorn, before giving him a hug. After hugging Day for a few minutes, Electro let go before he looked at him and asked, "Um, Daylight...? What... What's the matter?" As he looked at the unicorn, his face was still showing that concerned look from when he first saw Daylight fleeing the cave.

Edited by Electrobolt
  • Brohoof 1

His heart broken, emotions out of control, and thinking about the stupid act he had just done... he couldn't handle it as it was just too much. He heard hoofsteps and somepony sit down next to him but he didn't look up. He then felt the pony reach over and hug him, which he instinctively responded to by hugging it tightly while still sobbing still not know who it was as he had his eyes closed. When the two released each other he opned his eyes and was surprised but also glad to see Electro sitting next to him with a very concerned look on his face.

"Um, Daylight...? What... What's the matter?"

"Everything is the matter Electro..." He started glumly. "I... just completely screwed everything up. Not only did I just abandon you all but... I just gave up my first and only love..." he said sobbing again.

Day then sniffled and wiped the tears from his eyes. "I know this might sound strange but... I've never had a special somepony before... or experienced what love is so... when all that happened just now... it was too much for me to handle and I didn't know how to react. Iron asked Ice to join her clan and family... to which she accepted which would mean... after this is all over she will go and live with her while I go and... go back to being alone again in my apartment in Manehattan and... I just don't think I'd be able to live like that which is why I left before I got too attached! But... I can't seem to be able to do that either... I just... don't know... I can't take it anymore it's all... too much to handle..." he finished sobbing and burring his face in his hooves again.

she told him pausing before moving in and locking her lips with his. She held herself there for a few moments before backing about an inch away. "That I'm never going to forget. From either you, or my new sister," she finished turning back and smiling at Iron Wing. Never had she felt this much happiness before, but she knew that she'd never feel that hurt again.

Iron didn´t see and hear everything from her position, but she knew what was going on. She felt very happy for Ice to finally found someponies worthy within her life and it seemed to be good for her feelings and for her very soul. Ice seemed overwhelmed with emotions and happiness and that was a very good thing. But then something happened Iron would not have imagined. Daylight seemed to have stored much more emotions than expected and judging by his words of actions, Iron started to think about what could have happened.

"NO!" He said loudly, before turning away so not to look at the pair of them. "I'm sorry Ice but... I don't think it would work out. You now finally have a family, for which I am happy for but as for I, I only have... my office and my career..."

It would be shocking for Ice to be left alone again, so Iron Wing stood up and went to her as Daylight rushed away. Before Ice could say anything, Iron hugged her slightly with one arm. "Don´t worry, it seems he has some emotions to let out too... don´t take his words too serious, i have seen something like this before." she said to Ice with much confidence in her voice. She remembered some scenes with Colt in her past. A little misunderstanding could cause to break a world known apart. "Don´t think bad about him, he didn´t mean it like that. Let me check on him, ok?" she said to Ice. "Don´t worry, i´ll be back soon." Iron added and went slowly to the cave entrance where Daylight had run to. She hopped that he didn´t run too far away, but since she didn´t see Electro around, he must have followed the golden unicorn. She stopped by the entrance to see Colt sitting there with Electrobolts saddlebag full of fruits. "Don´t eat too much... i have cooked breakfast over there, you may eat something." Celes told him and smiled. She wanted to hug him that badly, but she couldn´t let Ice Storm or Daylight down, so she continued walking. "I am back soon..."

She left the cave and looked around but luckily she hadn´t to search in the entire forest for Daylight. He was sitting next to Electro and talking to him. She walked towards the both stallions and as she got closer, she could eavesdrop a bit of the conversation.

...to which she accepted which would mean... after this is all over she will go and live with her while I go and... go back to being alone again in my apartment in Manehattan and... I just don't think I'd be able to live like that which is why I left before I got too attached!

It seemed at the first moment he didn´t like Ice to join the Grayhoove family which made Iron kind of angry. How could a pony deny another ponies luck? So she stood there in sight of the two stallions and looked a bit angry for a short time. But to think about it, Daylight could have misunderstood the situation... as like Iron was about now... she looked to the ground, a bit ashamed to caught herself within the same situation... and she was angry with Daylight? She should be more angry with herself. But like her father teached her, every dispute can be solved with understanding and patience. So Iron thought about what exactly happened in the cave and what she heared right now. He wasn´t afraid of Ice joining her family at all... he was afraid of loosing her after the adventure they all participated... and joining a family could mean that she would take a different path than he would. He talked about his life, beeing lonely all the time. Iron knew what to do now...

She went over to Daylight and sat down, looking at him with a serious face expression, waiting for his attention. As soon as he looked at her, she continued looking at him. She wanted him to be calm to take her words. As soon as she thought he had calmed down, she started to speak. "Daylight... i can imagine how you are feeling... perhaps... perhaps you got the meaning of this a bit wrong... Ice Storm won´t move away from you... and i am not going anywhere too... we always were here in Ponyville. Joining my family just means that Ice has a family now, a family that will visit her from time to time. I can undertand your fear, but i don´t take her away from you. And you don´t have to be alone... we are your friends. And we will be your friends in the future, but only if you want us to... I was feeling very happy the time i saw Ice kissing you. It is not too late... she is waiting right there for you, not moving away. As long as you are a friend of mine, i will protect you from every loneliness that may haunt you." she said and spread her wings. "I won´t let this group of ponies, this friends of mine down. Stand up detective Daylight... now is the time to search another clue... a clue of your own hearts desire. Will you find out what your heart needs my friend?" she said, trying to encourage him.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 2

"I'm sorry to leave you now, but I need to go check on Daylight... Feel free to help yourself to the bananas and apples if you want. I'll be back as soon as possible..."

With a kind smile and a wave from his paw colt greeted the green earth pony in front of him some slight pain on his body stopped him to make further moves but all was getting better. “I’ll take an apple you take my gratitude I haven eat in three days I think” he said wanting "I understand go to your friend, he needs you".

"NO!" He said loudly, before turning away so not to look at the pair of them. "I'm sorry Ice but... I don't think it would work out. You now finally have a family, for which I am happy for but as for I, I only have... my office and my career..."

The cave once again was the scene of misunderstandings and overflowed feelings the kind pony that helped him with his injuries was so shaken about losing the Icy Mare he ran away from the group. Colt was close to feelings like that, longing for friends and love on a life full of loneliness was a terrible burden for a lonely heart and not long ago he was taking one of those over his shoulders.

"Don´t worry, it seems he has some emotions to let out too... don´t take his words too serious, i have seen something like this before.

Colt was slicing an apple with his claws and eating it little by little “SAA finest ” he thought as his eyes fixed on the now blue sisters. He listened to the words of Iron, the ones she told to Ice Storm just before the armored Pegasus ran towards him and the exit by that time. “Don’t worry I wont miss one of your breakfast you know that” he said with a smirk and as she ran towards the forest he raised his voice “Don’t be too hard on him”. Trusting Iron’s kind heart will find a way to fix all on Daylight’s mind he slowly stood up as finishing the apple and slowly walking towards Ice Storm and also the breakfast.

“You know? She is right” the dragon said with a friendly warm voice walking to the stew and graving a bowl on his claw. “Some silly fools are not used to some kind of feelings” he moved the stew with the spoon filling the cave with a warm and tasty smell and served some stew and put a spoon in it. “When new warm feelings grow inside a hardened heart it can ache and frighten the owner of such feelings ” he repeated his last actions and served some more of the tasty mix, this time not as much as before  “You might think that’s weird or strange, but that’s how we fools are” he said to Ice Storm walking towards her. “I also had some “reactions” like that when I thought I could lose her” the dragon said offering her the bowl with the most food. “But still here I am, melting the Ice” a kind smile followed those words. “Its alright lets just wait she will bring him back, I know she will”

• Brohoof 1

With his face in his hooves for a second time, his heart continued to ache with pain. Such powerful emotions that he was feeling currently he had almost completely forgotten about as it had been quite a long time ago when something similar happened... and the only way he was able to deal with it was to shut it all out. Now... It was all coming back...

He was done crying. Though his heart still hurt deeply, crying wasn't helping anything. He felt another pony sit down on the log on the other side of him and he looked up to see Iron Wing staring at him with a rather serious expression on her face. Day wiped the tears away from his eyes hopefully for the last time. He took a deep breath and regained his composure, which Iron then took as a signal to speak.

He listened carefully to what she had to say while giving her his full attention. He did realize that he had misunderstood thing a little bit, but it didn't change much still. There were some things that none of them knew about him... some things he tried to forget...

“I understand what you are trying to say Iron, and I do admit that I did get things a bit wrong but... it still doesn't change much. You see...” He said taking a deep breath before speaking again.
“I don’t live in Ponyville. Well, at least not anymore. I moved to Manehattan a number of years ago so I could further my career as a private detective but... that’s just what I told everypony as a cover up. While it was still true it wasn't the real reason...” He trailed off looking into the distance.

“Like I said to Electrobolt earlier... I have never had a special somepony before... or experienced love for another pony... one that wasn't related to me at least...” He paused for a second before continuing.
“Something... happened... something bad... very bad... to two ponies very close to me... but I never realized how much they meant to me until it was... too late. So, I left, and ran away to get away from it all but... it only made things worse. Living by myself... day to day with no pony in my life I could confide in... my heart ached... just like it is doing now and the only way I could get by was... shielding it in a rock so I wouldn't feel hurt anymore...” Again, he trailed off looking into the distance before turning to look at Iron when he started to speak again.

“Because of Ice... she shattered the rocky protection I had and flooded me with feelings of joy and happiness I haven’t felt in a very long time but... my feelings from the past have also come back to haunt me when I realized how things would turn out after all this is over... consider this...” He said bending over and looking down at the ground with a thoughtful expression while tapping his two hooves together in thought.

“I currently live in Manehattan, and you and Ice in Ponyville. Even if Ice doesn't move in with you that’s still a fair distance apart. I won’t be able to come down and visit too often either as it takes time to travel back and forth between the two towns as you have to change at Canterlot, and I will also be quite busy with my work. So with that in mind... the majority of the time, I will be alone, in Manehattan, by myself... and I wouldn't be able to handle that as I hate being alone. You see...” He said turning his head to look back at Iron. “The only way I was able to deal with it in the first place was because I hardened my heart. Because of Ice now though...” He said looking back into the cave.” She broke through that and I can’t harden it again or I will stop... being in love with her...” He said trailing off...

He turned to look back at Iron while still bent over. “Now do you see what my problem is? I know I am just being selfish but... I can’t help it as it’s just how I am. The reason I ran is because I hoped I could leave while there was still a chance to be able to go back to my old life just the way it was but I see now it’s too late for that. So... what am I supposed to do now?” He asked, not to Iron specifically but generally as he looked back to the ground.

An idea suddenly appeared in Daylight’s head and he sat up with his eyes wide staring into the cave.. “I think... I have a solution but... for this to work I can’t go about it alone as it would be much too painful... I would need Ice...” he trailed off. Then suddenly stood up and briskly walked back in the cave.
He walked over to where Ice was still standing and, where Colt seemed to be standing there talking with her while they both ate the food that iron had prepared earlier.
When he reached Ice, he stood in front of her, looking rather determined at first as he was sure of his idea. But when he saw her face... his heart started to ache again as the guilt of what he had just done was added to the mix. Nevertheless, the only way to cure it was to press on.

“Ice... I’m very sorry for what I just did and I’m not trying to justify it but... you're not the only one who has had a hard life...” He said looking away for a moment before looking back.
“The reason I left is... I can’t stand to be lonely... not anymore that I found you. I can’t go back to living in Manehattan as I wouldn't get to visit you that often due to it being too inconvenient. You may wonder how I was able to live by myself up until now though. Well... that in itself is it’s own story... one that is only full of pain and suffering that I have buried very deep inside of me... he said trailing off while looking away for a moment again.

“I used to live in Ponyville myself, right up until I turned of age and became a stallion. It was on that day that... everything changed...” He said preparing himself to explain something he had never told anypony else before. He could feel the pain in his heart continue to rise but, he couldn't stop now so he had to press on.
“Everypony that asks why I moved I told them it was to further my career as a detective. This is only half true. The real reason was because... I lost somepony very close to me, but I didn't realize how much they meant to me until they were gone...” He took a deep breath. He was on a roll now and could not stop himself even if he tired.

“I lived with my parents in Ponyville right up until the day I turned of age and became a stallion. When I woke up that morning... I found the house completely empty, with no sign of them anywhere, or where they could of gone to.
At first, I wasn't worried. I just thought they went out somewhere and didn't tell me and would be back later that day but... they never returned. I started to become worried as this was rather unlike them but I continued to go on with my life as usual hoping they would soon come home. During that time, as I had been rather reliant on them all my life, I had to learn to be completely independent and do everything for myself, as there was nopony else to do it for me. It was a good lesson for me but... at a great cost. You see... a week went by, then two, then three, then a whole month... than three months...

During this time, while I learnt to do things for myself, I realised how much I had just taken them for granted just being there, and it wasn't until they disappeared that I realised how much I depended on and needed them around. Slowly over time... as I had nopony close to me... my heart began to ache... just like it is now...” He trailed off again, but this time without looking away from Ice. He could feel his eyes starting to water as all the suppressed memories and feelings he had experienced starting to flood back to him in full force.

“It eventually got to a point where... I couldn't handle it any more... just living in my parents house... reminded me of them too much so... I moved to Manehattan, rented an apartment there and swore to myself never to return to my family home...
It was better, but only slightly. At least then I didn't have a constant reminder of my parents each day but, my heart still deeply ached so, the only way to stop it was to shut it all out and... essentially turn my heart to stone. Because of you though... you managed to break though it’s hard exterior and shatter it completely to provide me with happiness and joy, two of which I have not felt for a very, very long time to this scale as well as something I thought I had lost forever... love.”

Tears began to roll down his face as the pain in his heart was becoming unbearable and he was afraid he would be unable to continue and finish what he was saying to provide a solution to the problem. He fixed his gaze to stare directly into her eyes, and saw the same sparkle, which provided the tiny bit of hope, assurance, and comfort he needed to continue. He took, one final large breath without diverting his glaze and spoke.

“I had hoped... that by leaving now I could still go back to my old life but I realized as soon as I exited the cave that that was impossible.You left too much of an impression on me that I feel that, no matter how hard I may try I will never be able to cover up my feelings for you." He said with a weak smile.

"Now... back to today, and the problem I am facing. I do in fact have a solution but... I can’t go through with it alone. My idea is that I could always... move back into my parents house in Ponyville... I gave them explicit instructions never to enter or touch the house and as it had been fully owned by my parents, and now me. They had no quarrels with that. As I said earlier though... I swore to never go back there as I was afraid... afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it by myself if I did but... with you by my side... I feel that I could." He finished, looking extremely hopeful that she would understand, while still staring directly into her eyes and tears rolling down his cheeks. His greatest fear at the moment would be that she would reject him...

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

Ice could only stand there in shock with how the chain of events had unfolded. She could hardly say that she was expecting Daylight to blow up like he did at her and then run off. It wasn't until she felt a hoof around her hugging her from Iron that she was brought back to what had just happened. Iron told her not to take anything he said to heart, but Ice was still trying to figured out what happened herself. Had she done something wrong? It almost sounded like it was something that she had done from the way Daylight spoke. Something that did catch her attention though was that he said that he would give everything else up for her. Which only confused her even more. Why did he run away if she was trying to give him what it sounded like he wanted? It must have been a stallion thing, as she couldn't understand it.

What she understood though, was that she'd opened herself up, and now the pony she opened herself up to was gone. With a sigh, she turned to Iron Wing before she departed after Daylight. She'd though about saying something but she thought it best to just keep to herself. If it was something she had done, she didn't want to push both of the ponies that she cared for away from her.

She let her hind-legs collapse behind her as she sat back in a seated position. The aroma of the food that had been cooking just now reached her and even though it smelled delicious, at the moment she couldn't bring herself to eat anything. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even notice the dragon walking up to her until he began talking to her. She jumped a bit when she heard him tell her not to be to hard on him, which she assumed he meant Daylight since he was the only stallion back in this part of the cave. She hadn't expected him to approach her so quickly after well, threatening his very existence not even a few minutes ago.

He told her that Iron was right. That some silly fools didn't know how to react to certain kinds of emotions that were bing shown and that when these new feelings grow in a hardened heart, the reactions can frighten it's owner. That she might think that it's strange, but that it was just how these fools were. She stared at him, with a rather disapproving look. Mainly because prior to yesterday and this morning she was one of those fools that he's referring too. He saw that he was offering her some of the stew and she sighed. It was entirely possible he just hadn't heard her complete breakdown when she told Iron Wing about everything that had happened to her. After all, she was fairly deep in the cave and he was at it's entrance. He also added that he also had similar reactions when he though he was about to lose her. She gave a blank look before just nodding. How was she supposed to know who he was talking about, and when he mentioned that he was here melting the ice, she sighed. Did everypony always have to make puns with her name?

"If you say so," she started accepting the bowl of stew. "Thing is, I understand his issue more than you may realize. Prior to yesterday, I was one of these, fools, as you chose to put it, that had a hardened shell around my heart after being abandoned by my parents, and abused by everyone else. That's enough to harden anypony's heart," she stated. "I know you meant well, though, so it's not that big of an issue. Not sure if you realized though, My name is Ice. So I would very much appreciate it if you wouldn't melt me," she told him sticking her tongue out, playing along with the unintentional pun.

About this time Daylight had come back into the cave and was walking in her direction. He looked visibly hurt, and she waited for him to explain what was wrong, still unsure if it was something that she had done or not. When he started explaining everything to her though, her mouth dropped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. From what she understood, he'd gone through something very similar to what she had gone through herself. From the sound of it though, he had a better time with others than she did, but still. To wake up and find your parents gone one morning, wasn't a feeling that should be felt by anypony. Apparently it was bad enough that he tried to find a similar solution to what she had though, and get away from the pain. And like her, right now, was finding out that the pain never really goes away until it's been faced and dealt with.

When he proposed the solution to the issue though, Ice thought about it for a moment. There was a moment of silence between him as several thoughts went through her mind. He obviously didn't really want to go back to his parent's house in Ponyville because of the painful memories there, but at the same time, he didn't want to be without her either. He made that last part especially clear. After figuring out what she thought would be the best course of action, she tried this again. This time though, she through her hooves around him as tight as she could, and instead of a long kiss like last time, gave a simple short one on the cheek. "You don't have to say anything more," she told him leaning up close to whisper in his ear, "As long as you don't mind having to change a diaper or two overnight to keep our bed dry," she finished with a small giggle.

"And if you'd like, it sounds like your old home harbors a lot of painful memories for you. Having gone through practically the same experience, I can understand your hesitation in wanting to go back. That being said, I do own the entire building that my shop is in, and the upper two floors are the living quarters. If you'd like, you can always move in with me, so you don't have to relive any of those," she told him still holding her hooves around him. she gave him a warm smile and contently awaited his reply, which she was hoping would at least be better than his last one was.

• Brohoof 2

Iron listened to Daylight as he told her his story. She had not expected something like this and with just some words there couldn´t be a cure for the things he had experienced. But maybe the love to Ice Storm could do something about his loneliness. Before Iron could say any word, Daylight went off to the cave to face Ice Storm again. She sighed and grinned a bit. It would be the best course of action from him not to leave Ice standing alone and it was good that he made that decision on his own. It was strange but somehow Celestia had created the perfect group, for fighting the mysterious winds and to help their own problems and face their fears. But that made her curious somehow... had she watched every single pony within the group before? Or maybe was there a magical connection? Iron had heared the phrases "friendship is magic" very often now and she thought nothing much about it. But maybe... there was truth behind this phrase? She didn´t know for sure and she didn´t want to ask any magical pony or creature to find out. Now that Daylight went off to the cave, she was alone together with Electrobolt.

She walked over to him and sat down next to him. He looked a bit worried about Daylight. Iron had not spoken much to him since he entered the group and she got curious about him. She had learned a lot of the ponies within their group and now she had made some friends too, but she felt like she had left Electro behind. "Hey Electro... don´t worry about him, he will figure out a perfect solution."  she said referring to Daylight who had went off. "So i guess you are close friends now?" she asked the green coloured young stallion. Iron had noticed some conversations between them, but on the time they were talking she was too far away to hear much. But because of his reaction she couldn´t think about another possibility. "It´s always good to make friends, and i think it was a noble act that you helped him in the first place. On the time we started our adventure you didn´t know your special talent you said... but i watched you the entire time since we left Ponyville. Perhaps you are a very good friend to others, giving them strength when they need it... i really appreciate that you were here with daylight the time he needed someone." she said smiling to the earth pony, giving him a hug. It was very important to keep the groups morale on a high level and somehow Electrobolt had saved a friend in need.

• Brohoof 3

While Electrobolt was sitting there with Daylight, he wondered what could have been running through his mind that had caused the unicorn to run off. Then, as he began to explain, the young colt looked on in surprise at why he had run off. After hearing all of this, Electrobolt had no clue what to say, as his surprised look was eventually replaced with a look of concern. He had wanted to say something, try to help the situation out, yet he had no idea what to say or what to do. Silently, he wished for some help.

After a little time, though, another pony had sat down next to Daylight, and as he looked over, saw it was Iron Wing. Smiling slightly, yet with some concern still on his face, he listened to the pegasus mare speak to Daylight. As she spoke, he could tell that she was wanting to help comfort him as well. But when she mentioned something about a kiss, his eyes were wide if only for a moment. He was surprised to hear this, before recalling that Daylight was talking about Ice when he said he gave up his first and only love. This didn't exactly ease the surprise though.

After Iron had finished speaking, Daylight spoke once more, as he started to talk about his past. As the unicorn explained everything to the two of them, Electrobolt just sat there, surprised at what happened. Two ponies that were very close to him had something very bad happen to them, and that this had put the detective in pain. He had moved from Ponyville to Manehattan in hopes of getting away from the pain, but all that had done was harden his heart. And when he ran into Ice, she had pierced through the stone casing his heart now he was experiencing the pains once more.

As he continued, a tear began to run down Electrobolt's face as he couldn't imagine anypony having to endure all of this. Just then, Daylight said that he might have a solution, and spoke a bit more before running back into the cave. Although he wanted to be with Daylight, perhaps it would be best for the young colt to leave him be and handle things himself. As he continued to look into the cave, he let out a light sigh, his face showing a bit of concern, before wiping the tears off. Just then, he heard a voice speaking to him, as he turned around to see it was Iron, who sat a little closer to him.

"Hey Electro... don´t worry about him, he will figure out a perfect solution."  she said referring to Daylight who had went off. "So i guess you are close friends now?" she asked the green coloured young stallion. Iron had noticed some conversations between them, but on the time they were talking she was too far away to hear much. But because of his reaction she couldn´t think about another possibility. "It´s always good to make friends, and i think it was a noble act that you helped him in the first place. On the time we started our adventure you didn´t know your special talent you said... but i watched you the entire time since we left Ponyville. Perhaps you are a very good friend to others, giving them strength when they need it... i really appreciate that you were here with daylight the time he needed someone."

As Iron spoke to him, he listened to what she was saying. When she had asked if they were close friends now, he smiled a little as he nodded. When she had mentioned something about a noble act, that he helped Daylight in the first place, he was slightly confused. What did Iron mean? Was she talking about the time when Daylight strengthened his light magic in the cold winds when they tried to find shelter? Or was she talking about just recently? Regardless, the next thing she said caused him to blush a bit.

She had spoken, saying that he was uncertain about what his special talent might be, and that she had been watching him the entire time after leaving Ponyville. Iron then went to say that perhaps because he's a very good friend, he was able to give others strength when they needed it, before saying that she appreciated him being with Daylight when he needed somepony. Before he could say anything, though, Iron reached out and hugged him. For some reason, this had comforted the young colt, as his smile grew before returning the hug.

After the hug had gone on for a bit, Electro loosened his grip as he looked at the pegasus with a smile. Clearing his throat out a bit, he began to speak himself. "Um, yeah. You could say we're close friends." Looking back into the cave for a minute, he took a small breath before bringing his attention back to Iron. "And, um... I don't really feel like I did much... But thank you for the kind words." He nodded at Iron, the smile still on his face from earlier. Although he felt like it was Iron who did more to help Daylight than he did, Electrobolt couldn't help but believe that, thanks to Iron's words, he had some impact on the issue as well.

• Brohoof 1

Colt stepped aside and gave their space to both Ice and Daylight for them to fix all they had to fix. Slowly he walked towards the entrance of the cave. The dragon sat down on the entrance by now the shattered ice was no more that water around the cave, the sun was bathing that part of the cave and he noticed it was still early maybe earlier than 10:00 am given the angle of the sun far behind the forest.

The warm touch of Celestia’s fire over his scales accompanied with the breakfast was a great way to recover his strength and stamina, this calmed minutes among the ponies were was he needed, but that free time was also a time of thinking of consideration.

“Something is not right” he thought as he watched into the depths of the forest. “This cold and the way it takes the heat of the body is unnatural to say the least.” The analysis began “I have never felt anything close to this but the vice contained in this gales and all around them is just wrong,” he sighed as the words in his mind worried him. “On top of that I just cant remember what took me down or what I was doing three days ago. And the way her image was blurred and “taken” from my mind… there has to be a relation with all of this…” he though about Iron Wing that brought new things to consider.

“About that… what is she doing here?…more on that what are all this ponies doing here, knowing Iron and the fact that I was gone for some days she would be here looking for me but she wouldn’t put all this ponies to risk for that…It would seem most of them barely knowing each other and none of them look like you average guardian…” He stopped there his head and eyes turned to see Ice and Daylight who seemed to be a lot better by now, “Well those two look like they have opened to each other… always make things easier” Colt smiled having some memories of similar experiences “Still everything tells me they were not looking for me… after all they found me and we are still here with no pony saying anything to go back…No they are here for some other reason, and Iron its with them…“ the last drop of the stew was gone from the bowl and the dragon began to feel his strength slowly building up. “What in the name of Celestia is going on?” he whispered looking with concern up into the sky.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2

After the hug had gone on for a bit, Electro loosened his grip as he looked at the pegasus with a smile. Clearing his throat out a bit, he began to speak himself. "Um, yeah. You could say we're close friends." Looking back into the cave for a minute, he took a small breath before bringing his attention back to Iron. "And, um... I don't really feel like I did much... But thank you for the kind words." He nodded at Iron, the smile still on his face from earlier. Although he felt like it was Iron who did more to help Daylight than he did, Electrobolt couldn't help but believe that, thanks to Iron's words, he had some impact on the issue as well.

"Thats good if you are close friends. But even if you don´t feel like you did much... Even the smallest things can change the world. Everthing is important, and sometimes even the smallest actions are the ones with the most impact." she spoke to Electro with much confidence. Even if he didn´t do much, she was sure that every little action in the world could change anyhing, like a snowflake could trigger an avalanche. After all the small things in life were the ones we all kept in our hearts. She got up again, looking around a bit and checking the area around the cave. "Hmm... lets go to the others in the cave. We should prepare for leaving the cave soon and continue with our journey." she said to Electro, starting to walk to the cave again. "I think you have more talents than you even realize, Electro." Iron said to him, smiling again. For sure he was a bit chary but he was a very nice stallion if you got to know him. "What job are you doing in Ponyville? I moved to Ponyville not long ago and i don´t know many ponies, so i am a bit curious..." Iron Wing told Electro.

"I have build the southern watchtower which is the first and only watchtower in this town. I worked on construction sites before i got a guardian. I did it to know more about buildings and to get stronger since the guardians have to be strong enough to wear armor." she explained, telling him a bit about her past, trying to give him a topic they could talk about. She didn´t want to force him to talk, but knowing him better would make much things easier, so talking to him was the best course of action.

“What in the name of Celestia is going on?”

She heared Colts question as he looked up into the sky and turned to him after speaking to Electro. "It is good to see that you are up again! So so don´t know what is going on huh?" she asked the dragon, already knowing the answer. "Some strange winds appeared within the Everfree Forest, spreading around Ponyville and maybe already the country. They seem to be magical, forcing most Ponies to sleep and not waking up anymore. Princess Celestia has send us out to locate the source of this winds and to seal them again. The group got a blessing and cannot be the forced to sleep by the winds for a while." she explained to Colt. She then turned her head down, looking to the ground. "These winds... Dazzling Wing is... she sleeps now..." she said with a serious voice and an angered face expression. "We have to stop this before something bad happenes to them... time is running out..." she finished and looked determined to Colt.

• Brohoof 2

As he listened to Iron's response to what he had said, Electrobolt couldn't help but smile and feel good at the mare's words. She is a very friendly pony, who puts her friends first and wants to help everypony out, and he could sense that in her words. Afterwards, however, she had gotten off the stump before moving around again, saying that they should get back with the others and prepare to continue on their journey. Nodding, Electro hopped off as well before saying, "Right behind you." He then started following Iron back to the cave, before she spoke up again.

"I think you have more talents than you even realize, Electro." Iron said to him, smiling again. For sure he was a bit chary but he was a very nice stallion if you got to know him. "What job are you doing in Ponyville? I moved to Ponyville not long ago and i don´t know many ponies, so i am a bit curious..." Iron Wing told Electro.

Once Iron had said he has more talents than he even realized, Electrobolt had a slight look of confusion. *More talents than I realize...?* he pondered, wondering what she meant, and what these talents could possibly be. However, before he could even begin to ponder on this, Iron spoke once more, asking him what job he has in Ponyville. As he had been living with his parents for quite a while and doing chores for them to earn bits, he never really had the time to get a job before. Before he could begin speaking, though, Iron began to speak again.

"I have build the southern watchtower which is the first and only watchtower in this town. I worked on construction sites before i got a guardian. I did it to know more about buildings and to get stronger since the guardians have to be strong enough to wear armor." she explained, telling him a bit about her past, trying to give him a topic they could talk about.

As Electrobolt listened, he was intrigued at her tale. She was a construction worker before she became a guardian so that she could have the strength to become one, and to know about the buildings. Not only that, but she had built the only watchtower in Ponyville so that it would more than likely keep Ponyville safer from any problems that might come their way. He was rather impressed at this, as he had a glimmer of interest appear in his eyes. It was then that he remembered that he hadn't answered Iron's question to him yet.

Before he could respond, however, Iron started speaking again. This time, however, she wasn't speaking to Electro. Looking at Iron again, he saw that she was speaking to Colt, who must have stepped out of the cave a little while after he did. As the mare began to explain what was going on with the winds and all, she then began to look downwards. And then, she continued once more, explaining that Dazzling Wing is asleep because of these winds. Noticing how her voice suddenly turned serious and how she looked towards the ground, he figured that Dazzling Wing must have been a part of her family.

After she finished speaking, Electrobolt approached Iron and nodded to her. Wearing a comforting smile on his face, he started to speak. "Don't worry, Iron, we'll stop these winds. And as for your question earlier, well... I don't have a job yet. I still live with my parents, and much like Dazzling Wing... They've been affected by the winds as well..." As he said the last bit, he looked towards the ground with a small hint of sadness. But then, a few seconds later, he bore a confident smile and brought his attention back to Iron. "We will stop these winds, and both Dazzling Wing and my parents will wake up. I'm sure of it."

• Brohoof 1