2. 2. Favorite Chip Company

• Pringles
    • Lays
    • Ruffles
    • Dorito's
    • Miss Vickie's
    • Other

Posted Image
There are tons of different kinds of chips, from average potato chip, to BBQ'd, to pizza flavored, and don't even get me started on the differences between the companies who produce those delicious things.

The question is, what is your favorite kind chip? (No not computer chip!)

I would have to say that my favorite flavor is all dressed. There aren't enough different kinds of this flavor. (At least that I've seen.) If I had to pick a second one I would say sour cream and onion falls closely behind.

So what's yours? Don't worry, we won't call you weird if you like "plain" chips.

Edited by Artemis
added tags
  • Brohoof 3

I like Kruncher's Dill Pickle chips. When I was a baby I loved pickle juice, and I still like it,. So in my mind, everything vould be made better with a big glass of pickle juice (You can say "GROSSSS")! A second is most likely Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper, it doesn't really matter what brand. Me and my mum love them, neither of us knows why, especially consodering I don't like sea salt or cracked pepper!

I protest this thread, the poll, and the options presented therein. They are all bad, and you should feel bad for creating them.

First of all, the three greatest types of chip known to man are, in order, Seat Salt & Vinegar, habanero, wasabi, and jalapeño. The fact that you've missed all three of these varieties is both offensive and inexcusable. Seriously, feel bad.

Secondly, you've missed a number of very important companies. Where is Kettle? Where is Tim's Cascade Style Chips? Where is Zapp's? Where is the sanity?

You've listed naught but commoner food. You can do better!

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I protest this thread, the poll, and the options presented therein. They are all bad, and you should feel bad for creating them.

First of all, the three greatest types of chip known to man are, in order, Seat Salt & Vinegar, habanero, wasabi, and jalapeño. The fact that you've missed all three of these varieties is both offensive and inexcusable. Seriously, feel bad.

Secondly, you've missed a number of very important companies. Where is Kettle? Where is Tim's Cascade Style Chips? Where is Zapp's? Where is the sanity?

You've listed naught but commoner food. You can do better!

Hey leave me alone! I'm a young Canadian who doesn't leave his house much. I can't know everything! I am not an omnipotent-gifted potato chip master like you!

Of course your knowing so much about potato chips makes me question your diet...

Also, you didn't state your favorite!

Edited by Silver Arrow
  • Brohoof 1

I don't eat junk food very often. I manly eat almonds and drink Vodka constantly.....but when I do indulge in fattening food I have Nacho Cheese Doritos. They taste good but get all over my fingers....imagine running your fingers through your beard after you forget that you had cheesy chips.....it's annoying.

I don't eat junk food very often. I manly eat almonds and drink Vodka constantly.....but when I do indulge in fattening food I have Nacho Cheese Doritos. They taste good but get all over my fingers....imagine running your fingers through your beard after you forget that you had cheesy chips.....it's annoying.

If this was any other person's post, I would assume that you meant mainly. Given you though, I doubt it. Totally agree with the cheesy chips part.

• Brohoof 2

Commoner's choices.

My choices are "other" and "other", respectively, for all the options I've been presented with do not meet my standards!

Posted Image

As @Zoop touched on as well, where are the upper-echelon brands? Miss Vickie's, perhaps?

Another thing, Lays and Doritos are owned by the same company, Frito Lay! I am completely dissatisfied with this poll and demand to be reimbursed, otherwise my attorney will have to get involved.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Miss Vickie's

THIS CAME TO MIND.

UNFORTUNATELY, I forgot what they were called.

I shall proceed to add them.

(Also I'm waiting for NC to yell DROP AND GIVE ME 50 in a military style voice.)

Let us also not become too off topic. D:

Edited by Silver Arrow

Chips are serious business. They do everything from provide tastiness, to running the damn technology you're all using at this very moment.

Doritos plz for me.

I prefer organic potato chips, normal Whole Foods brand sea salt. Not to fancy, those chips are pretty light and fluffy though, yet still crunchy and chippy. And they're organic!

Only downside is they're rather sticky.

• Brohoof 1

For me it's a long hard and devastating battle between BBQ and Sour Cream n' Onion. To ne honest, BBQ wins. i just love the sweet, tangy, and sometimes spicy flavor. It's kinda hard to explain, but if it's BBQ, I'll eat it :P

Prey brethren, that I shall now bestow upon you the knowledge that is the best potato chip. You have not reached potato chip nirvana until you have ingested this heavenly food

Posted Image

Yes I know its technically corn chips but these ball too damn hard to be denied.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I too must protest this poll. I don't see an option for "Homemade chips with homemade seasoning"

Yes, you slice your own potatoes, nice and thin, fry them in a big pot/vat/whatever of vegetable oil (or if olive oil if you're a totally rich-ass health nut), wait until they start floating. Let them dry a bit. Through some homemade seasoning (especially if it's totally amazing Cajun seasoning your scout leader made) on there, or if you don't feel like it, just some salt and pepper works. Let them dry and cool down, then eat them and have a mouthgasm.

Sometimes hard to get the crispiness right, but they're still better than anything else I've ever had.

If I must be confined to common chip brands, then at least have the decency to put Sun Chips on the list >_<

Also, I must agree with Zoop. No Kettle? No Tim's? Pfft. Barabarians >_>

I must confess, I've never seen Zapp's, but looking at their site, I am intrigued...

• Brohoof 1

My favourite potato chips would have to be Walkers, but as for the flavour, I don't know. The award for best flavour goes to either Roast Chicken or Smoky Bacon. Too bad I have to go to a special store downtown to get these though, they really are quite delicious.

Gotta go with Jimmy John's BBQ Kettle Chips on this one, those things are bucking addicting!!! They have a very nice, crunchy texture, but also a great BBQ flavor, more than any other BBQ chips I've eaten.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Clearly nopony in this thread has experienced the perfection that is Lay's Classic BLT chips.

Seriously, the flavor of bacon. In a potato chip. Serve them with bacon dip and bacon sandwiches with bacon bread and baconnaise and you've got maximum baconage.

But really though, they're good chips. They actually do taste like a BLT. I hope they don't get discontinued because if they do, I will rage because the world will be deprived of BLT-flavored deep-fried thin potato slices. There was another one I liked, Pizzalicious Pringles, but I think they got discontinued. There were also these Bugles that came with caramel and cheese chips in the same bag and, believe it or not, they were amazing. But, everything amazing gets discontinued. :(

Edited by KKR

I'm all for original/plain, I just love the saltiness, and Ruffles brand is amazing, seriously, but really, I'm not that picky when it comes to the brand.

Clearly nopony in this thread has experienced the perfection that is Lay's Classic BLT chips.

Seriously, the flavor of bacon. In a potato chip. Serve them with bacon dip and bacon sandwiches with bacon bread and baconnaise and you've got maximum baconage.

But really though, they're good chips. They actually do taste like a BLT. I hope they don't get discontinued because if they do, I will rage because the world will be deprived of BLT-flavored deep-fried thin potato slices. There was another one I liked, Pizzalicious Pringles, but I think they got discontinued. There were also these Bugles that came with caramel and cheese chips in the same bag and, believe it or not, they were amazing. But, everything amazing gets discontinued. :(

*stares at post for about five minutes*

:o ...

:o...

Dude, are you bucking kidding me? Bacon-flavored chips? BACON FLAVORED CHIPS?!?!?! HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE?!?!?! :angry: Do you live in the South or something, because that might explain why I've never seen that brand of Lays sold here in Michigan. Everypony is such a health-nut up North, at least compared to the South, especially in the Northeast, it's bucking infuriating!!!!!!! But, gosh dang, bacon flavored chips... wow. I think I might cry now that I know this exists but have never seen it, much less tasted it. I- I need a minute everypony... just a minute or two. *cue sad dramatic exit* :(

• Brohoof 2

*stares at post for about five minutes*

:o...

Dude, are you bucking kidding me? Bacon-flavored chips? BACON FLAVORED CHIPS?!?!?! HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE?!?!?! :angry: Do you live in the South or something, because that might explain why I've never seen that brand of Lays sold here in Michigan. Everypony is such a health-nut up North, at least compared to the South, especially in the Northeast, it's bucking infuriating!!!!!!! But, gosh dang, bacon flavored chips... wow. I think I might cry now that I know this exists but have never seen it, much less tasted it. I- I need a minute everypony... just a minute or two. *cue sad dramatic exit* :(

Well, if it helps, I found a picture of the bag on Google, so you know what to look for. Hopefully you can find them. I mean, come on. They're bacon-flavored chips. Why wouldn't they be everywhere? :P
  • Brohoof 1