Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you walk up stairs?

ChuniaC

Yep. You read right, tell everypony how you walk up stairs.

How I even thought of this you ask? Well when I was in a hurry earlier today I stopped and thought about how I walk up stairs.

I allways walk up stairs on my toes for some reason. I kind of tip toe in a rapid pace, often 2 steps in one step (and by that I mean I skip one stair step for every step I take.)

• Brohoof 3

I do the elephant and try to cause as much damage to whatever I can while going up the stairs.

1 step at a time for me.

Although sometimes I do skippy toes.

• Brohoof 3

Walking up the stairs, eh? Well, I just kind of... walk up the stairs. No tricks or fancy-shmancy stuff to it! Just put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking up the flight of stairs! :DD

• Brohoof 2

I have to walk on four legs because the ceiling is so low, I also try to walk up backwards, almost died when I did that.

In public places, I walk normally, but I like to skip one step.

• Brohoof 2

When I'm on a hurry, I walk upstairs either on the tip of my toes or two steps in one step.

When I'm silly, I walk upstairs on four legs and downstairs rolling even though I regret it most of the times... It hurts.

When I'm listening to music, I walk upstairs dancing.

When I'm normal, I walk upstairs normally. ô-õ

I always skip steps. Normally every other step, but sometimes I'll skip two if I'm feeling particularly daring.

Although I tend to not skip steps at school because I usually in a bad mood when I'm there, and I don't feel like getting to my next class in a hurry.

• Brohoof 1

I skip steps by habit, both going up and down, usually leaping over the last three. Even when I'm not in a hurry, I find it strangely more satisfying. If I am in a hurry though, I lean on the hand rail and half-slide, half-skip my way down.

Well like any normal human being, I jump up stairs and tap-dance down, according to the necessary dance move in the song-and-dance number that I'm in. Usually I will also swing around banisters using the hook of an umbrella. Something I hear that my good friend Maximillian F. Superpower does is jumping onto chandeleirs from the upper floor balcony and jumping down from there, but he has to wait until there's a descending portion playing in the music. I want to try it out myself.

• Brohoof 3

lol thanks man, i forgot how to walk on stairs now

if i'm tired i slouch up and down the stairs like a heroin-addict and i take my time

and if i'm sick i crawl up and down the stairs

but i usually run/skip/jump up the stairs and step on my way down

The way I use stairs really depends on how I'm feeling at any given moment.

When I have enough energy, I tend to bounce up the stairs one-foot-per-stair rather quickly. I try to do the same when going down, but for some reason I don't bounce as fast as when going up. Does that seem backward? I'm probably afraid of tripping down the stairs or something by going to fast.

And when I have normal energy, I just walk up and down stairs normally, it takes some of my energy, no matter what I pretty much always use the one-foot-per-step method, no skipping, no two-feet-a-step, just normal.

And when I'm really tired, from the outside it looks like I'm just walking up the stairs normally, while on the inside I'm barely thinking of it, I feel kinda like I'm just floating up the stairs, and it doesn't use up much of my energy at all.

It varies.

i have exceptionally long legs so i usually walk up the stairs 3 at a time but recently i have been so tired i just walk 2 at a time

• Brohoof 1

When I'm in public and in a hurry, I only step on the balls of my feet and, because I have short legs, use every step

When I'm at home I just run up the stairs on all fours. I don't know when I started doing that, but it's a lot faster and easier fo me that way. Once I accidently went on all fours in school, but, luckily, I was alone so I didn't get any weird looks.

• Brohoof 2

I tend to go up the stairs very quickly, seriously i travel a set of stairs in about 5 seconds max. XD

As for going down, i do skip stairs a lot unless they are really small steps in which ill go slow and not skip steps to avoid tripping.

I run up stairs on my toes, skipping every other step, unless I have a heavy backpack on or am tired.

I go down stairs on my toes, moving my feet really quickly, and sometimes jumping down the last few steps.

Going up stairs:

School - Dragging myself up with the banister, usually skipping every other step...Because they are insignificant.

Home - Bounce up on all fours, like a wolf or dog or something...Actually the fastest way to go up some stairs for me....That's slightly odd..

Public - Stairs....Dash up 'em, skip random ones, screw safety, it's for people that care too much.

Down stairs on the other hand/Hoof/paw is a completely different matter. Strolling down the stairs like a boss at home and in public, an' dashing down them at rediculous speeds at school...Also, the bottom 3-6 steps on any stairway...ARE IRRELEVANT! Jus' bomb it!

-Joe-

• Brohoof 2

When I was a kid I would climb stairs in people's homes on all fours. I recently tried doing that again, but it's harder to do at 6'1" than it was at 5'. In public I'll skip every other step most of the time and jump off the remaining four or five going down if nobody else is around.

I'd always do it on the balls of my feet.

While normally I do one step at a time, there are times when I like to challenge the staircase, skipping every other step, feeling quite like a boss.

Sometimes I push myself even harder, skipping 2 steps while clinging on to the guard rail for dear life.

The real challenge is skipping 3 steps while trying to not do a split. The guard rail at this point is the only link between me and a near-disastrous backwards tumble.

I usually run up the stairs... I try to get off of those things as fast as I can. Going down stairs, I usually just go down the first step, then do a long leap the rest of the way down.