Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you walk up stairs?

ChuniaC

Two at a time, all the time. Unless I'm really tired or something. I've got a nice 3-flight trek from Math to English 3 times a week that I have to make, and being pretty out of shape doesn't help!

I've also found that running up the stairs two at a time is quicker and easier than walking 2 at a time. When you're lazy like me, efficiency is crucial :)

I lunge/strut my way up stairs, trying to cover as many steps as I can, and If the staircase is short enough, I'll just take it in one step.

Kind of like this:

Look at 0:44 or 0:50.. like that.

Really, I usually take every other step upwards, and every step downwards at double the speed.

Well at school I usually bounce up the stairs. I'll kinda skip a step and do a high hop, I'll land really quietly. At home I'll do a full rush and try to clear my stairs (I think it has like 25 steps) in the least amount of strides, I'm currently at 2.

In the last couple years, I've developed the habit of going up any and all staircases two steps at a time. It's faster and less tiring (though that may just be because I'm pretty tall). Going up one step at a time is usually reserved for when I'm carrying something extraordinarily heavy.

Coming DOWN the stairs, however, there's no way I can skip steps without losing me balance. Instead, I tend to kind of skip across the very edge of each step, rapidly putting one foot in front of the other for maximum speed. Again, carrying heavy things will make me tread more carefully.

Edited by Pony Joe

I sometimes will feel like a badass and just skip one step at a time. I usually do this in a huge hurry too, or if there's just too little space on a step, I'll just gladly feel the need to skip that annoying aspect of it lol.

Escalators are fun too. I always run up the steps with my horseplaying buddies to get a rush of excitement. It was fun until I tripped on the last step and my face rolled into the end where the steps get sucked back into the escalator lol.

I run up the rails on the stairsskip 1 step, because ninjalazy.

Also random fact: I have never fallen down stairs. I've lost my footing several times, but always recovered. The worst I've ever got stairwise was a sprained ankle, and I had to one foot hop down the rest of the stairs.

Going up (and down) I always skip a step. I usually tip-toe in a rapid fashion. Sometimes I walk upstairs on all fours when hasty (for speed and balance), in a monkey-like fashion, I guess? :I

I also skip steps when I go down.

EDIT: Okay, I just tested it out. I tip-toe up stairs always skipping a step, unless I'm tired or weighted down by weight. When hasty, I actually jump up the stairs in successive ratio and skip two steps each time. Sometime using my hands to regain balance.

When going down, I always skip a step, even if not moving fast.

Edited by OlegEqualzName

I allways walk up stairs on my toes for some reason. I kind of tip toe in a rapid pace, often 2 steps in one step (and by that I mean I skip one stair step for every step I take.)

This is exactly how I go up steps most of the time at my house. When I'm at school usually just walk up them normally unless I need to get somewhere fast.

• Brohoof 1

I walk up stairs like a boss, 2 at a time and full speed!

I actually do tend to run up stairs and take them 2-4 at a time, i started doing it when i worked somewhere called CEX, my job had me running up and down stairs carrying stacks of DVDs all day, so i grew used to running up and down the stairs :P

This is how i go down stairs though:

• Brohoof 1

I often skip steps. I'm not ever in an actual hurry, but I just walk fast in general, so I end up speeding ahead of everyone else. My best friend calls me a ninja.

• Brohoof 1

I go up stairs walking normally, but i skip 1 step each time. Full force. how MEN walk up stairs.

when going down stairs, i put my arms on either handrail, and swing all the way to the bottom.

Watch for those stairs bro.

I warned you dawg.

(im so sorry)

• Brohoof 1

I always get a running start and just jump as high as a can, trying to take as many steps as I can. I usually get like 5 on the first jump, and then 2 or 3 on the rest. I also trip and fall down the stairs a lot, as well as running into people, especially if the stairs turn into a corner and i cant see where im going. When I go down stairs, I grab the railing on each side and swing down. I usually make it down the staircase in one leap, if its no more than 5 or 6 steps high. I run into people a lot doing that, too. Stairs were made for running, though, and thats what Im going to do on them!

• Brohoof 1

This brings back memories. Once my friend, Alexia, said that I walked "elegantly". I'm not the world's skinniest person (not fat either, I'm only 13 after all), so this sort of caust my off guard. I have a habit of walking on my toes, literally placing my feet directly before me. One step at a time.

Edited by Alora

Well like any normal human being, I jump up stairs and tap-dance down, according to the necessary dance move in the song-and-dance number that I'm in. Usually I will also swing around banisters using the hook of an umbrella. Something I hear that my good friend Maximillian F. Superpower does is jumping onto chandeleirs from the upper floor balcony and jumping down from there, but he has to wait until there's a descending portion playing in the music. I want to try it out myself.

Don't you hand-stand snapdance when you feel like being abnormal? I know, it's not that abnormal, but it's something. Oh well, you can't beat everything.

Oh, right. And I walk up stairs skipping steps a bit, and on the last few, I get on my hands and feet, and boost myself up. It's really weird. I don't usually do it in public. When I walk down, I skip a few steps on my toes, and jump the last few.

I'm awesome.

I usually start on eater the first or second step depending on how many steps there so that when I go 2 steps at a time a will always land on the top of the stairs and not the last one before it.

But who needs to walk up stairs this why is much more efficient.

post-7636-0-63861300-1350793668.jpeg

Edited by *derpy*

I saw this post and was like "YEAH time to impress everypony"

Looked through...

I now feel ashamed backward's crabwalking up the stairs.

Actually, it's harder to do it without it being backwards. You inbalance yourself by doing so. Learn to do that, and you might have a bright future... At the circus. Nah, I kid. But seriously. Do that, and you'll have a backup career at a freak show. But I doubt that your career as a surgeon-scientist hybrid will fail.

• Brohoof 1

I usually walk up stairs very silently, and skipping every other step. Skipping steps just makes going up stairs faster. As for silently sneaking up stairs all the time, I don't know :ph34r: