Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you walk up stairs?

ChuniaC

A hop, skip and a jump! Always jumping up and down the stairs, never walk, it's too slow, why walk when you can leap of faith down the stairs or super-jump up the stairs, it's more fun and faster! Be like the wind!

I just step on the first step, then every other step. With only half my foot. Really fast and loud-like, but not going down, that's another story, I only take one at a time because me falling down the stairs would hurt me and I'd cry. :(

• Brohoof 1

I often skip steps. I'm not ever in an actual hurry, but I just walk fast in general, so I end up speeding ahead of everyone else. My best friend calls me a ninja.

Same. I don't know why but I just walk really fast, and I almost always skip one or 2 steps when I walk up stairs.

My friend doesn't call me a ninja though, he calls me sunshine. Whenever we're walking he'll start singing: "I'm walking on sunshine! Woo hoo!"

I quickly but silently sprint up the stairs three steps per step. People tell me its weird but I like to do things fast paced.

i have exceptionally long legs so i usually walk up the stairs 3 at a time but recently i have been so tired i just walk 2 at a time

This.

I tend to go up the stairs very quickly, seriously i travel a set of stairs in about 5 seconds max. XD

Combined with that.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like having to put effort into traversing a sharp incline. I'd rather just suddenly "be" at the top, so I just sort of glide up the stairs at a rather fast pace.

If I'm not doing double or triple steps and running up them on my toes, I am probably hopping up them or being silly somehow like that (that counts for going downstairs too). I mean they're stairs, c'mon, how can you not have fun on them?

I actually have quite a bit to say about this. When I go up stairs I'm on my tiptoes. If I'm not rushing up the stairs, my feet alternate from step to step at a consistant pace. I don't skip a step and neither feet ever use the same step twice.

When I'm rush up stairs, I do one of two things: If the stairs aren't very steep, I will kinda hop up the stairs, again on my tiptoes, but instead I will skip a step. On steep stairs, I rapidly jog up on tiptoes, but I take it one step at a time, meaning both my feet will be on the same step in between paces.

Going downstairs I always decend fast. I drop myself on each step and catch the next step with my heel. Again, I don't skip a step or put both feet on the same step.

I tend to switch it up a lot of the time! Normally I tend to go up the stairs fairly slowly, taking one step at a time. I tend to march up the stairs a lot of the time, too. If I'm in a hurry, I'll take big strides and skip two (or sometimes three) steps, but that tends to wear me out if I go up a lot of steps. So I try not to do that often. I have noticed that if I'm at home and going up the stairs barefoot or in my socks I tend to walk on the tips of my feet, kind of? Primarily on the ball of my feet? I don't know why I do this, but it's a trend I've noticed.

I run up stairs. No matter what, always, run, up, stairs. I go one step at a time and hop oddly between one step and another. I guess it's weird... but efficient. I think. If climbing stairs can be considered efficient...

It depends on where and the time of day.

At school, I go down stairs sideways, one at a time, with a rushed pace. I go up stairs on my tiptoes, one at a time in the mornings, two-three at a time in the evenings. Evenings always feel more rushed to me.

At home, I go down stairs one at a time, as quiet as possible. I go up them 2 at a time, either quietly, or quickly, but never both. Ever single one of my stair-steps creek.

At my moms house, nonchalantly. I go up, skipping as many stairs as possible and down one at a time, but quickly. Sometimes I sit on these steps.

It may or may not surprise you that I'm in highschool. xP

Is there a "normal" way to walk up stairs?

I've never really thought about it. If I'm in a hurry, I'll attempt to go every other stair. But if I'm not, I just slowly walk up each stair.

One hoof in front of the other... But seriously I tend to use the right foot first and it can range from skipping stairs to doing both feet on the same stair depending on what I am carrying etc.

When I'm feeling insane cool I jump the staircase.

But I usually just walk moderately fast if I'm going down. It's a little slower when I go up though.

-On a carpet staircase, I craw up there by using all 4's, and it's pretty fast.

-On the stairs at my school, I speed rape them by skipping 3 every step, making no noise at all because of my upward momentum. I actually recorded the time it took to get up there when I tried my hardest, and it was 1.86 seconds! :wacko:

Now when I go down the stairs, it looks pretty weird.

-I gallop down (left-right... left-right...) facing the left always, and crossing my legs over every time. Usually I skip 3-5 stairs, jumping higher than the hulk...

It's pretty much like the first 13 seconds of this but on steroids:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFXG3r_0B8

By the way, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the best classic ever! :P

• Brohoof 1

Interesting question...depends. If it's a place I've been to countless times, I'm more likely to run up the stairs or go 2-3 steps at a time. If it's a new place, I generally walk up a step like a civilized person.

Like this, lol

Seriously though, i take big steps when going up since i'm kind of long. I'm often running too.

And instead of walking down stairs one at a time. I take like 4-5 steps each err.. step?

Edited by Nac0n

Have to love things you randomly stumble onto in your ~/downloads folder. I fed it through reverse gif though as I feel the result is a little more realistic :P

Posted Image

I posted before, but I wanted to share this little gem I just found.

Edited by Celtore