Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fan fiction UPDATED - Kindred Spirit - A Sequel to Cupcakes (NOT gore, but quite grimdark)

Evilshy

I decided to try my hand at fanfiction. Those of you who RP with me know that I like writing dark stuff, and am pretty good at it (not to brag, of course). However, like many of you I'm sure, I don't like how modern horror always seems to go for the shock factor of gore. I greatly enjoy creepy stuff. So I thought, why not write something dark and creepy, and have it go along with my username? Evil, and all that. So I did. And without further ado, I give you Kindred Spirit - A Sequel to Cupcakes

What delicious cupcakes, Pinkie Pie thought as she emerged from her lair. The cupcakes that had been, until recently, her best friend were the tastiest she'd ever had. The fact that they were still good a weak later was even better. She just had to share them. As she began to leave the house, she paused. I better see whose day it is before I go out today.

She reached under her bed and pulled out a strange box. From it, she withdrew a deck of cards and a few dice that seems to be carved bone. She shuffled the deck and layer a few cards out, then tossed the dice onto them. After briefly studying the result, she laughed. 

"Rarity? Two friends in a row! This is fantastic!"

She quickly hid away her odd game of chance and hopped out the door. She smiled at a small butterfly as it flew past her. She hopped all the way to Rarity's dress shop to find Fluttershy walking away from Rarity's door.  

"Hello Fluttershy!" Pinkie said brightly. "Is Rarity home?"

"Oh, hi Pinkie Pie." she responded. "No, she's not here right now. I'm looking for her, too. It's time for Opalescence's trim."

Pinkie Pie stopped hopping and looked thoughtful. Fluttershy looked around. 

"I don't know where she could be." she said. "What did you want with her?"

Pinkie Pie started hopping again. "Oh, I made the most amazing cupcakes! And I thought 'hey, this is just the taste Rarity would love!' so I'm trying to find-" she let out a small yelp as she was cut off by a sharp pain. She looked down to see a snake, it's fangs deep in her leg. Fluttershy squealed.

"ohmigosh, that snake is poisonous. What should we do? Should I get the doctor? No, that'll take too long. I..." she continued to babble as Pinkie Pie's vision slowly faded. Fluttershy will help me. She's my friend. she thought as she passed out. 

Pinkie Pie awoke groggily. She shook her head a little in an attempt to clear it, but to no avail. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was laying on a table in a darkly lit room. There seemed to be a few glass cases on one of the walls. She thought she saw something moving in one of them, but couldn't be sure. She groaned and tried to get up, when she found she couldn't move any of her legs. She looked over to find that she was tied to a table. Well this is weird. Who would tie me to a table? she thought. She heard the sound of a door closing and tried to tilt her head to see who it was, but it was out of her sightline. She followed the sound of hooves on concrete until she could see the pony. It was too dark to see who it was, but she seemed familiar. 

"Hey," Pinkie Pie said weakly. "Where are we? It doesn't look like the hospital in Ponyville..."

Fluttershy's voice answered. "It's not. We're in my basement, Pinkie Pie. The nurse said I should bring you here, since I know so much about animals." 

Fluttershy reached into one of the glass cases and pulled out a large, green snake. It hissed and writhed in her hoof until she gently stroked it's head. She whispered a few words to it, and it coiled around her leg. She walked to another case and did this a second time, this time with a brownish snake. She walked over to Pinkie Pie and held out the first snake so she could see it. 

"It was a snake like this, right? I didn't see it clearly." she asked. Pinkie Pie shook her head.

"hmm... Then it was this one?" she asked, this time raising the other snake. Pinkie pie nodded. 

"Yeah, it was that one."

Fluttershy nodded. "Good." She gently put the brown snake on the ground, and grasped the green one's head with her hoof. She winked at Pinkie Pie, a sinister wink. 

"We wouldn't want you falling asleep again, would we?"

She squeezed the snakes head slightly, causing it's fangs to extend, then drove them into Pinkie Pie's shoulder. Pinkie screamed loudly. As the fangs withdrew, she gasped with pain, and stared at Fluttershy. 

"Why...?" she said, her voice faint. 

Fluttershy smiled. "I wish I didn't have to. But you went too far. I had to put a stop to it." She shoved the snakes fangs into Pinkie again, and the screaming began anew. Pinkie Pie began to feel the darkness clawing at the edges of her vision again. She fought to stay awake. 

"Fluttershy... I..." and then she was out. 

The next thing she felt was water splashing in her face. Fluttershy was standing over her, bucket in good, and smiling evilly. 

"I thought you'd stay awake longer than that. Couldn't handle the pain? This is nothing compared to what you do to ponies." She out down the bucket and walked over to a cabinet. She began sifting through the various objects, looking for something. She called back to Pinkie Pie. 

"At first, I saw you as a kindred spirit. Just another pony who had discovered that killing was the most exciting way to break the monotony of life." she pulled a wicked looking knife out of a drawer. "You had your strange methods. Combining your old hobby with your newfound joy. Baking and killing, making food from your friends." She slowly walked towards Pinkie Pie, knife held out in front and reflecting what little light was in the room. "I admire your creativity." She held the knife over her, looking contemplative, as if she was trying to decide where to make the first cut. Pinkie Pie's lip trembled, and Fluttershy laughed. 

"Are you scared, Pinkie? Why should you be? I'm your friend, aren't I?" she stopped laughing, and stared at her with a wicked smile. "What was it you said? 'giggle at the ghostie? Laugh to make them disappear?'" she bent down and whispered in Pinkie's ear. 

"Laugh all you want. I'm not going anywhere."

She drew back her arm and jabbed the knife towards Pinkie Pie's throat. Pinkie closed her eyes, anticipating the strike, but it never landed. She heard the knife strike wood, and opened her eyes to find the blade quivering in the table an inch from her flesh. 

Fluttershy turned away. "I'm not like you." she said with a harsh voice. "I would never cut a pony up like that. I would never torture them like you do. Except for you. You're despicable, and you deserve to suffer for all you've done."

She walked back to the cages and took out a third snake. She held it over Pinkie Pie. "Have you ever seen a spitting cobra? When threatened, they spit venom into the attackers eyes." she used one hoof to hold the snakes head over Pinkie Pie's eye, which she held open with her other hoof. 

"This is going to hurt a lot, and you'll go blind for awhile. But it's no worse than anything you've done."

She slowly dripped venom into Pinkie's eye. She let out an ear piercing scream, and began squirming. Fluttershy slapped her hard. 

"Stop moving! I don't want to has to put you to sleep again. You don't want to sleep through the pain, do you?"

Pinkie Pie whimpered as Fluttershy dripped venom in the other eye. Her vision was quickly fading, and before half a minute had gone by, she was blind. She heard Fluttershy moving about, presumably putting the snake back in it's cage. She heard the shifting of cages and boxes, and the approaching hoofsteps of her tormentor. There was a pause before Pinkie felt hundreds of tiny, cold, creatures spilling onto her body. The feel of thousands of legs skittering over her body caused her to squirm even more violently as she tried to shake them off. She stopped when Fluttershy  hoof clamped down on her neck. 

"I told you to stop moving. You might crush my ants, and these are particularly rare specimens. STOP." her last word was in a louder, more commanding voice, and as soon as she spoke, the ants stopped. Pinkie Pie breathed heavily, trying to catch her breath during her brief respite. 

Fluttershy continued in her normal voice. "Since they have such simple minds, I can use the Stare freely on them. Quite amazing, really. I never mentioned what they were called, did I? They're known as Fire ants. Apparently, their bites feel like sticking your hoof in a fire. I've never done either, so perhaps you can test it for me?" she chuckled. "BITE."

Pinkie Pie couldn't breath from the pain. It was if a thousand hot needles had been jabbed into her at once, but unlike a needle prick, the pain worsened. Her entire body felt as if she was burning, and no amount of screaming, squirming, or crying did anything to alleviate the agony. She held her breath as she felt ants began to crawl into her nose. She was almost to her limit when Fluttershy stopped the ants. Pinkie Pie panted heavily as the ants crawled off her body. 

"I'm sure you could handle more, but i don't know your limit. I can't let you just die, not yet."

She rubbed her hoof lightly over Pinkie Pie's body, now covered in tiny, red bitemarks. Pinkie Pie heard Fluttershy chuckle at her sharp intake of breath. 

"Yes, it hurts doesn't it. Even the slightest touch will set off the nerves when they're enflamed like this. And a slap..." Fluttershy slapped her hoof down onto Pinkie Pie's chest, provoking another scream "...should cause sheer agony."

Pinkie Pie sobbed through her sightless eyes. "F-Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy began to shift cages around again before answering. "Yes?"

"I-I-please stop. I never meant any of it to go so far. I just wanted to have some fun one day, and, and I got... I was excited, Fluttershy." she cried heavily, the salt in her tears causing the bitemarks on her face to hurt even more. "I got carried away, I didn't mean anything, I wasn't trying to really hurt anypo-" 

"SHUT UP!"

The only sound that could be heard was that of Pinkie's labored breathing. Fluttershy slowly walked to the table and whispered to Pinkie Pie. 

"Shut up. You knew exactly what you were doing." The sound of her hoofsteps echoed around the otherwise silent room. Fluttershy began to speak more loudly. "Do you really expect me to believe you didn't want to hurt anypony? Just killing, I understand. Even I am guilty of that sinful pleasure." she stopped walking and yelled. "BUT I DON'T TORTURE INNOCENT PONIES! I DON'T COOK THEM AND EAT THEM!" she was breathing heavily as well now. She seemed to catch herself, because she began speaking normally again. 

"No, Pinkie Pie. You're sick. You don't deserve any mercy.  You deserve all the agony inflicted upon you, and more."

She dropped a large, heavy snake onto Pinkie Pie. It immediately began to wrap itself around her body, lifting her off the table a few inches. It began to squeeze, twisting and tugging in different directions, igniting fresh waves of pain throughout Pinkie's body. The snake continued it's constrictions for what seemed like hours. Eventually, the pain from the bites subsided into a dull throb, and the pain of the crushing strength of the snake coiled around her became more pronounced. As it squeezed harder, Pinkie Pie began to gasp for air. Fluttershy intervened. 

"That's enough, come back to mommy." the snake heeded her call, and slithered off of Pinkie's now bruised body. After returning the snake to it's cage, Fluttershy began to gently stroke Pinkie Pie's face, causing a dull burning sensation from the bites. 

"I wish I could do more to you. You've caused far greater pain than you've experienced." Pinkie Pie  heard the sound of a cage opening. "But if I go any farther, you might die to easily. And we can't have that. You deserve nothing but the worst possible death. And even then, you're getting off easy."

Fluttershy held the snake over Pinkie Pie. It snake hissed softly. "I usually use this particular snake for my normal victims. Its venom kills painlessly, but in small doses, merely paralyzes." 

She lightly squeezed the snake, and poked the tip of one of it's fangs into Pinkie Pie's skin. Pinkie barely felt anything, but a feeling of deadness began to slowly creep across her body. Fluttershy slowly caressed Pinkie's face. She tried to turn away, but found she couldn't move. She heard a rustling sound.

"I've been saving this darling little spider for you. It's bite will kill you quickly, but painfully."

She wrenched Pinkie Pie's mouth open and set the spider on her cheek. It slowly skittered into Pinkie's mouth. Pinkie's breathing increased in speed and volume as she tried in vain to bite down, to move at all, to do anything to stop the dreaded creature. Over her panting, she heard Fluttershy start to sing. 

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed into Pinkie's mouth

Down came the fangs

And Pinkie starts to shout

The poison starts it's work and Pinkie starts to die

So the itsy bitsy spider climbs back to Fluttershy"

As the song finished, she leaned in closer and whispered in Pinkie's ear. 

"Why don't you laugh, Pinkie Pie? Isn't that what you do?"

Pinkie Pie's eyes widened, the only movement left to her. She tried to respond, but the venom stopped her. Her breathing slowed to a stop. Her chest stopped moving, her eyes and mouth still open. The spider crawled out, and into Fluttershy's waiting hoof. 

Celestia was sitting on her throne when the air in front of her began to sparkle. A letter fell out of the air. She opened and read it. 

Dear Princess Celestia

Sometimes, friends do bad things, and you have to forgive them. They're still your friends, so you have to support them as they try to make things right. 

But Fluttershy showed me that sometimes, your friends aren't what they seem. Sometimes, they do horrible things, not by accident, but on purpose. And when that happens, you have to stop them. No friendship is worth the lives of innocent ponies. 

Your Faithful Student

Twilight Sparkle

Not sure how I feel about this ending :/

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

oh, inb4coolstorybro :)

huh. i just reread it, and suddenly, i dont like it very much :(

curse my being self conscious about my writing :angry:

Edited by Evilshy

Uh huh. You know, this is a good ending to Cupcakes. Good job! I actually seeing Fluttershy doing this as a reaction to what Pinkie did. O_O that wrong? (After "The Best Night Ever" -At The Gala- The other side of Fluttershy was revealed...) Also the Giggle at the Ghosties reference was genius!

Edited by DiamondDash

More torture, got it.

I have a few ideas that I didn't put in for reasons varying from "it's too gory and shallow/lame" to "seems too out of character even for Evilshy" to "it just came to me 5 minutes ago"

I'll put in one or two of the more creepy, messed up ones. I'll still keep gore out of it. Gore is a cheap, lame way to get reactions.

Updated. Pretty much doubled the torture, threw in a little more story, and changed the ending.

I like the letter at the end, but was Twilight Sparkle with Fluttershy or something? I felt like I missed something.

Still better than Cupcakes though! But I don't see beating Cupcakes much of a challenge.

I'm not a huge fan of these Cupcake Torture Pony Fics, but I do love me some grim/dark.

I like the letter at the end, but was Twilight Sparkle with Fluttershy or something? I felt like I missed something. Still better than Cupcakes though! But I don't see beating Cupcakes much of a challenge. I'm not a huge fan of these Cupcake Torture Pony Fics, but I do love me some grim/dark.

I left the ending open to interpretation. Personally, I see it as Fluttershy told the other mane 6 after she killed Pinkie, since RD and Pinkie disappearing would have to be explained somehow. I also thought of bringing The other Mane 6 in at then end, but decided to just do the letter thing and let the reader figure it out. Because I'm weird like that.

I left the ending open to interpretation. Personally, I see it as Fluttershy told the other mane 6 after she killed Pinkie, since RD and Pinkie disappearing would have to be explained somehow. I also thought of bringing The other Mane 6 in at then end, but decided to just do the letter thing and let the reader figure it out. Because I'm weird like that.

Hmm... I suppose I should've seen that since I do similar things in some of my work hehe

• 2 months later...