Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do Applejack and Rarity fans feel?

Clarity

Perhaps I missed a lot of brony gossip lately but actually this is the first time I hear of Applejack being considered a background pony.

You have indeed missed a lot of brony gossip! :o

Well, since I'm an Applejack fan and finding out what people think about her is pretty much all I do in ponies, I guess I saw more people calling her that than you do... (still being carefully neutral here)

You have indeed missed a lot of brony gossip! :o

Well, since I'm an Applejack fan and finding out what people think about her is pretty much all I do in ponies, I guess I saw more people calling her that than you do... (still being carefully neutral here)

:ph34r: you might be a good detective one day...

hmmm...do you say that only for the forums or you did research on other sites as well? Because I think that here in the forums Applejack may be not as popular as Twilight but I doubt she's considered a background pony on here.

• Brohoof 1

:ph34r: you might be a good detective one day...

hmmm...do you say that only for the forums or you did research on other sites as well? Because I think that here in the forums Applejack may be not as popular as Twilight but I doubt she's considered a background pony on here.

No want! :blink:

Yep, this forum and other sites. Equestria Daily is the most popular for such jokes, and this forum has a couple of people who like using me for troll bait once in a while. *cough* Also, some people on the MLP wikia say that too.... :(

• Brohoof 1

for now we have only 2 shots to get Applejack to succeed. 1 is that in season 3 she gets a HUGE spotlight or that she do something really badass or say a super awesome quote or somethin', I highly doubt of these ideas :/

the 2nd one is that she become a favorite once Fighting is Magic is out, this is most possible to happen.

• Brohoof 1

for now we have only 2 shots to get Applejack to succeed. 1 is that in season 3 she gets a HUGE spotlight or that she do something really badass or say a super awesome quote or somethin', I highly doubt of these ideas :/

You know at the ending of the Crystal Fair song, where Applejack isn't there? I saw someone say a really great idea about how she might have turned into a Crystal Pony from eating that berry... XD

the 2nd one is that she become a favorite once Fighting is Magic is out, this is most possible to happen.

Well...I saw some bits and pieces, apparently AJ's moves are only level 2 while the others are at level 3 :/ I think Dash would get the most popularity from it, because she wasn't even released yet.

I think the best way is for a really good fanon art, fanfic, or video, whatever, starring her! :D MLD made a lot of people turn into Rainbow Dash fans, so who knows what'll happen. :)

• Brohoof 1

You know at the ending of the Crystal Fair song, where Applejack isn't there? I saw someone say a really great idea about how she might have turned into a Crystal Pony from eating that berry... XD

I never heard of that song o.o ...is that season 3? lalaalala!! I can't hear...I can't hear!! lalalala!

Well...I saw some bits and pieces, apparently AJ's moves are only level 2 while the others are at level 3 :/ I think Dash would get the most popularity from it, because she wasn't even released yet.

yeah, she doesn't have lvl3 but don't get upset for that, she is the most damaging character so far, and she can do some neat ridiculously damaging combos :o
  • Brohoof 1

I never heard of that song o.o ...is that season 3? lalaalala!! I can't hear...I can't hear!! lalalala!

:P Yep, Season 3! You know how two songs were released? The Crystal Fair Song and the Failure Song! At the end of the Crystal Fair song, Applejack was missing from the shot, and at first I was annoyed, but then I saw someone suggesting that AJ might have turned into a Crystal pony...

it's a long shot, but I'm willing to believe it :D

yeah, she doesn't have lvl3 but don't get upset for that, she is the most damaging character so far, and she can do some neat ridiculously damaging combos :o

That's amazing! :o But I remember I saw a video of Fluttershy doing the Stare...one hit KO O.O

Posted Image

That's amazing! But I remember I saw a video of Fluttershy doing the Stare...one hit KO O.O

actually Fluttershy wasn't even in half of development in that video that you saw of her doing the stare. She's still incomplete c:

• Brohoof 1

actually Fluttershy wasn't even in half of development in that video that you saw of her doing the stare. She's still incomplete c:

:o I always wondered what else she could do other than the Stare...I can't imagine her kicking and punching :P

So, even Pinkie, Rarity and Twi are less powerful?

• Brohoof 1

:o I always wondered what else she could do other than the Stare...I can't imagine her kicking and punching :P

So, even Pinkie, Rarity and Twi are less powerful?

you seems very curious about this game yet it looks like you don't follow the dev team in their achievements with the game, Fluttershy hardly attacks, she has Angel with her which apparently would fight for her, I wouldn't be surprised if she summoned multiple animals to fight for her.

and the weakest of the 4 revealed characters is Rarity, Applejack is the strongest

• Brohoof 1

you seems very curious about this game yet it looks like you don't follow the dev team in their achievements with the game, Fluttershy hardly attacks, she has Angel with her which apparently would fight for her, I wouldn't be surprised if she summoned multiple animals to fight for her. and the weakest of the 4 revealed characters is Rarity, Applejack is the strongest

Oh, I see, that makes more sense XD

I don't usually watch long and 10 minute videos though...too slow and I'm too lazy :P

But they should make the characters more even, shouldn't they? Rarity is actually pretty athletic :o

• Brohoof 1

I'm kinda disappointed, but hey, at least it means I'm a little more unique for loving AJ so much :P. Unfortunately, AJ's low popularity gets her a lot of troll attention, since a lot of people like to call her "background pony". It's one of the few jokes which just annoys me to know end, and kinda hurts me a little.

• Brohoof 1

I never have this problem because my favourite pony is Fluttershy.

Posted Image

But I can imagine how it feels kind of. Although Rainbow Dash has a majority of the fandom behind her, there are a few who call her an egotistic jerk and they're right but that's almost why I like her as second best.

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Can everyone please not mention specific details about Season 3? I have been very assiduously avoiding it in its entirety, so that it will be totally new to me when it comes out. Don't darken my bliss by enlightening my ignorance, please.

As to the matter at hand:

Rarity is my favourite, and I would install her as queen of the MLP Universe were it within my power. (Here M Bison says "Of course!") Applejack was my favourite until Rarity superseded her, and I would say is still my number 2 mane 6 pony. (Luna might be above her by a teeny bit, though). Such being the case, I know where I stand, and couldn't give two Owlowiscious vocalizations how anyone else rates them. Although, I will come to Rarity's defense the second I think someone is saying something unfair about her. But other than that, different strokes and all that jazz.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, I see, that makes more sense XD

I don't usually watch long and 10 minute videos though...too slow and I'm too lazy :P

But they should make the characters more even, shouldn't they? Rarity is actually pretty athletic :o

That's what I've been thinking. I mean her Discorded version did beat up Applejack^^

But all the mane6 ponies are actually at least quite athletic:

Twilight made it through the running of the leaves

Fluttershy trained a lot for Hurricane Fluttershy

Pinkie is hyperactive ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Being a rather huge fan of both, I can't say that I feel bothered with the haters. In fact, I'll admit that I love being part of the minority and having the most unusual tastes and opinions. :3

I'm a huge hipster.

• Brohoof 1

I am not bothered in the slightest, to be honest. Applejack is tied third with Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow, Fluttershy is 2nd, and Rarity is 1st darling. :D But my fanatism aside, I think we shouldn't complain. Rarity HAS had more screen time than Applejack, that's for sure, but since most episodes have to deal, in a way, with the reasons people actually hate her, what do you know, she actually gets hated or loved. Applejack has had far less screen time than other ponies, and not many Applejack-centric episodes as well makes her...well...less known, so to speak. I think there's also another reason. The VA's involvement. Truth is, Ashleigh Ball and Tabitha St. Germain (the VA's of Applejack and Rarity, respectively) haven't been THAT involved with the community, the first because she has a band, the other because she's not that much of a public person. After everyone Tabitha, I think Rarity gained a bit more of power (plus boosting Luna's). Look at how involved Tara Strong is (Twilight's VA), and it's a no-brainer Twilight is so famous PLUS being the character with most screen time.

If anybody actually speaks wrong on any character, asi in, having a not so well founded opinion, I'll try to give them my opinion and see what happens (especially with Rarity and Fluttershy, and bit less with Applejack). All the mane 6 need to get love. :)

@@Clarity, You should also know, that an Applejack player was the one who won the Fighting is Magic Tournament that happened in Canterlot Gardens. B) When the game comes out, I'll probably use either her, Twilight or RD. I'd like to use Rarity, but she's hard to use (I'M STILL GONNA TRY! :angry: ), Pinkie would be difficult for me because of her charge-type moves, and we don't know about Fluttershy. :huh:

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 3

how did this turn into a part Fighting is magic topic???

anyways... me? idk... il probably start with rarity and pinky... the moves that iv seen from rainbow, um... maybe il go to her later... the footage iv seen wasn't that exiting... and flutershy is OP from the videos released... lol

My favorite is AJ of course!

Though, others who hate on her or Rarity for that matter are kinda missing the point of the show, but whatever. I don't get mad or upset when people call AJ a two-dimensional character cause I know it's not true. If I had to guess why people say those sorts of things, it would be because most people feel they have to have a favorite character (pony) from the main group, and one that they hate. So in order to hate a particular character (pony) they have to find a reason, and then for no reason, broadcast their "hate" for the character to others.

I like Applejack for the reasons most people like her, Strong morals, her relationship with her family, work ethic, Etc. I could go on. But yeah, so long as I like the character I could care less what others think, I don't have to defend the character against someone who has abject hate for him/her, that'll simply be a losing battle.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is my favorite pony, and Applejack is my second, and I can see why people say that they are boring, and/or just not great characters, but you don't tell me what to like, I don't care who you like, so there.

• Brohoof 1

I like Rarity enough. She's not my absolute favorite, but I do like her.

Henceforth, I don't really care whether or not other people like her.

In fact I wouldn't care even if she was my very favorite. I respect other peoples' opinions. (sometimes :unsure: )

Edited by letterONE

I like all the characters. I can understand Rarity hate, cause I USED to have her. I like at the Mane 6. Rarity is hated because she is thought to be a stuck up pony. But Rarity does give back and actually is a nice pony. Applejack doesn't get much in the way of episodes. I like her (She is ranked about 2). I am a Rainbow Dash fan though (I fell in love with her more cause I read My Little Dashie). All the ponys are awesome in my opinion