Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do Applejack and Rarity fans feel?

Clarity

Well, although Rarity isn't really one of my best ponies, I really love her and enjoy seeing her on the show. And yes, I even love seeing her episodes!

She is my third favorite pony (RD being 4th) and whenever I see people hating on her, I just comment on how and why they think that. I mean, at first when you see Rarity you can imagine her personality being the cliche' girly fashionista. But as you get more deep into the show, you realize that Rarity really cares for her friends, and (although you probably don't notice it) always tries her best to put her friends before herself. She also is generous enough to make dresses for them!

I don't get it what's with all the hate for AJ and Rarity. Maybe they hate AJ because of her under developed character, but I see a lot of potential in Applejack and her episodes. I admit, I'm not a fan of her episodes, but I don't hate her. She's still a cool pony, and I can see her character becoming more interesting.

So both of those ponies deserve some love. Their really great characters if you just take the time to see how they act and stuff on the show. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Applejack is my second favorite in the series, so I guess I can answer. I can kind of get why, because unlike a lot of the characters in the show, Applejack is the most 'normal', if you will. She works on a farm, and while it is designed in a fictitious manner, it is still more normal than a pony who controls the weather, or one that talks to animals. I guess the same could apply to Rarity as well, she has a 'normal' job after all.

Ironically, those two are my top two (Rarity, then Applejack and Twilight tie).

It makes me die a little inside opinions opinions opinions! I can't tell people what to like, so I chill in the corner happily with my adorable collection of fanart.

I find that the most passionate fans are fans of the underdogs, anyways ;)

You should also know, that an Applejack player was the one who won the Fighting is Magic Tournament that happened in Canterlot Gardens.

OH. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS.

I mean...*cough* is that true??? :o Maybe Motion's right about the Fighting is Magic thing! :D

That explains the level two special! I feel much better now :3

• Brohoof 3

I have to agree you right although im not too sure about Rarity being underrated somehow she comes out to me as fairly balanced in a sense. Applejack however i 100% agree she is usually being overshadowed by the more popular of the Mane 6 (Twilight Fluttershy Rainbow And Pinkie) Im not saying that The other four are overrated nor am i saying the fans seem to NOT like Applejack and Rarity im just saying that if you were to compare popularity scores That Applejack and Rarity would maybe be the last two WHY? Well i dont know maybe its thier personality and people see them overall as slightly more boring than the others. Which is really odd considering those two are the most mature and level headed out of the group.

I mean Rarity's whining and complaining gets her majority of her fanbase but it also somewhat steers her away from most people. Applejack just doesn't seem to have that outstanding aspect of her that makes her really interesting and seperates her from the mane 6.

(P,S Applejack is my 2nd fav)

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

OH. LIEK A MOTHERFUCKIN BOSS

I mean...*cough* is that true??? :o Maybe Motion's right about the Fighting is Magic thing! :D

Fixed because I can only look at so much red text :P. I remember when I was the sole huge AJ fan here, or atleast the only one who was vocal about it for the longest time. Then, "Leaf Shade" came along, and the forums became a whole lot better since then ;) (It was great before, now it's awesome :D).

• Brohoof 2

WAT!?!? Who called Rarity a snob!?!?!? D:<

Anyways, Clarity....post-7662-0-89686000-1350437718.gif

It's just terrible that some people just go around saying, "Twilight is just an anti-social book worm"...

Why would they say that!? :(

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

Though Rainbow Dash is probably my favorite, I love AJ and Rarity too. I especially relate to Rarity as a fellow artist :) and I really love that we get a very feminine character who is also very strong and developed. AJ is also just a really cool character, but I think she could be more developed. I'd like to see her (and Fluttershy for that matter) to get an episode centered around her and exploring her character in a new way we haven't seen before in season 3.

Edited by Burning Desire

(edited)

This is MY thread, you're supposed to talk about APPLEJACK, screw you all

Hmm, seeing some nice thoughts here. :) I've envious of you all, not letting it bother you, because it does bother me...kind of. I know they're just cartoon characters, but still...I get annoyed sometimes :/

Edited by Clarity

This is MY thread, you're supposed to talk about APPLEJACK, screw you all

Hmm, seeing some nice thoughts here. :) I've envious of you all, not letting it bother you, because it does bother me...kind of. I know they're just cartoon characters, but still...I get annoyed sometimes :/

I get annoyed that most people don't even know most of the composers whose music I love, so I can kinda get that, but at least there's alot of great fan art for Rarity and Apple Jack, and they do have alot of fans.

There's probably nothing in this world which everyone will like.

I don't think I need to be defensive when somebody doesn't like something I like. That kind of goes against the reason why I got myself into this fan base anyways. I understand that I grew up scoffing at MLP for being all saccharine and totally not something I can relate to. I gave it a shot because I knew that other people, for some reason, like it despite how they probably grew up looking at the franchise the exact same way.

As somebody who puts Rarity rather high in my list, I already know that I didn't really like her as she wasn't very easy to relate with. She simply became more relatable when she starts being portrayed as an artist who works very long hours struggling to get recognition, or struggling to get any sort of recognition in general; more than a drama queen with seemingly petty concerns.

Anyone who would actually bash on a character is probably not the greatest person in the world anyways. I can understand silly fun-poking like calling AJ a background pony, but you just have to be a snob to call Rarity a snob.

• Brohoof 2

As a fan of both Applejack and Rarity--really the only pony I'm not an active fan of is Fluttershy unless she's going nuts on somepony--I don't mind it at all. I can understand why some fans might notice them the least, but they're both great characters who deserve as much attention as the others.

So don't feel bad about being the odd ponies out sometimes. It just makes you more special.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

OH. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS. LIEK A BAUS.

Fixed because I can only look at so much red text :P. I remember when I was the sole huge AJ fan here, or atleast the only one who was vocal about it for the longest time. Then, "Leaf Shade" came along, and the forums became a whole lot better since then ;) (It was great before, now it's awesome :D).

Yes, it's true Clarity. Hirosashii was his username if I remember well, and he played Applejack always. And he won. ;) Applejack has been one of the first ponies to be developed, along with Twilight, so it's not a surprise she has more stuff than others. However, make no mistake. That level 2 has been around for a good while now. The game is good and nopony will be bad to play with, amen. As for you and Spazzy (found a good nickname for you thanks to that thread :lol: ), yes, there's a good chance a lot of the Applejack came from your part, but hey, even if Applejack has had less screen time, look at the positive side. "Background pony" joke aside, she's the only who has had an full Applejack Appreciation Day, now hasn't she? ;) Also, Applejack didn't make it better. Everyone and everypony made it better. ;) And Clarity, you're a HUGE Applejack (as well as Spazzy), so it's normal to get mad. So long as you don't start trowing apples to anyone who insults her, we're all fine. :lol:

There's probably nothing in this world which everyone will like.

I don't think I need to be defensive when somebody doesn't like something I like. That kind of goes against the reason why I got myself into this fan base anyways. I understand that I grew up scoffing at MLP for being all saccharine and totally not something I can relate to. I gave it a shot because I knew that other people, for some reason, like it despite how they probably grew up looking at the franchise the exact same way.

As somebody who puts Rarity rather high in my list, I already know that I didn't really like her as she wasn't very easy to relate with. She simply became more relatable when she starts being portrayed as an artist who works very long hours struggling to get recognition, or struggling to get any sort of recognition in general; more than a drama queen with seemingly petty concerns.

Anyone who would actually bash on a character is probably not the greatest person in the world anyways. I can understand silly fun-poking like calling AJ a background pony, but you just have to be a snob to call Rarity a snob.

There's not a single thing I don't agree with this. Seriously. All those words. All true. I bow, I bow *bows*

Also. Having Rarity as fav pony actually came as a surprise to me. Normally, she's the type of pony I would relate to (nor like) easily. But guess what. The more the episodes I saw her, the more I started liking her. Eventually, she became fav pony for me. There is a lot of people who actually just don't like her for being a snob, which she really isn't (I'm not an artist, but I respect her dedication a lot, same thing with Applejack). It's the same as if someone called another pony a single trait entirely (like Twilight being only an anti-social bookworm, like someone said above, or RD being an arrogant, selfish pony), when there's SO much more to them. The trick is to find it. Everypony has something that makes them deep, and that's one of the many reasons why we love the show.

You can totally say you ldon't like a pony for a certain trait, that's fine. But don't say they are ONLY that trait for no reason whatsoever, when truth is, there can be a WHOLE lot more to them.

As a fan of both Applejack and Rarity--really the only pony I'm not an active fan of is Fluttershy unless she's going nuts on somepony--I don't mind it at all. I can understand why some fans might notice them the least, but they're both great characters who deserve as much attention as the others.

So don't feel bad about being the odd ponies out sometimes. It just makes you more special.

Posted Image

I don't think we're being the odd ponies. Just people who like other ponies less. It's weird calling someone odd for that. It's slightly...too much, to be honest. We just like other ponies. That's all *thumbs up* Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 1

I can care less about popularity polls. In my book, being popular does not equal quality. The Twilight book's are popular, and so was Avatar.

Not to say popular things can't be good, that's hipster talk, I'm just saying I don't let popularity affect my opinion on something.

AJ is slowly but surely inching her way into my favorite pony spot. I don't really mind that she isn't that popular because hey, I like her. Best pony discussions are just friendly banter in my mind and are not something to be taken seriously.

• Brohoof 2

I love em all but applejack for me is best pony ofcourse. I don't really mind what other people think since its all to their own but she does need a lil bit more love as far as development goes.

• Brohoof 1

I actually am completely fine with other peoples' opinions as of now. Ask me the same question two months ago, and I'll react differently (except that wouldn't be possible, because Rarity didn't take the #1 from Rainbow Dash yet...). But hey. At least I'm not around the dark corners of YouTube, fighting about who's the best pony or something.

Well, yeah. If there's one thing that does bother me, is the lack of fan material. I've been looking around Google Images, and can't find anything appropriate to round up this post... D:

I mean...*cough* is that true??? Maybe Motion's right about the Fighting is Magic thing!

I don't lie bitch

believe me!! fighting games are my favorites and honestly, I remember one Applejack player who kicked my butt with her, she is extremelly damaging, she doesn't need too many hits to take half of your health bar.

damn you Clarity i've started to notice this more an more now :( and i'm starting to get the feeling that Applejack fans are almost the worst when it come to 'best pony stuff'.

I don't lie bitch

believe me!! fighting games are my favorites and honestly, I remember one Applejack player who kicked my butt with her, she is extremelly damaging, she doesn't need too many hits to take half of your health bar.

yeah i recon that she'll be nerfed before the game actually comes out, so her moves won't be that damaging unless you have the skill to OTG some stuff like iv'e seen Rarity do (seriously that level 2 with the jewels need to be nerfed ) yes i want them both to be low teir so i can feel like a boss when I win :)

yeah i recon that she'll be nerfed before the game actually comes out, so her moves won't be that damaging unless you have the skill to OTG some stuff like iv'e seen Rarity do (seriously that level 2 with the jewels need to be nerfed ) yes i want them both to be low teir so i can feel like a boss when I win

I do believe that Applejack should be nerfed, but her damage input is the least of my concerns, actually it's really good to make her the strongest because that fits her character in the show, being the best athlete of Ponyville.

But, yeah Rarity has plenty of OTG's but she can't combo with them, almost all of her moves are stupidly techable and her gem super is a level 1 and it doesn't take that much damage, she has potential, but she sucks in this game. Twilight super is a beam, and it also OTG which doesn't make logical sense.

damn you Clarity i've started to notice this more an more now and i'm starting to get the feeling that Applejack fans are almost the worst when it come to 'best pony stuff'.

Mmm, it's just me. I know I represent the majority don't I :P

Anyway, enough about Fighting is Magic, sorry y'all for going off-topic.

I'm not the biggest fan of either ponies but I don't hate them either. But they are both tie to tie with each other on my list of favorites. I can't decide which of them is better, Rarity or Applejack. But I do agree Rarity does get a lot of hate forwards her. But I love her for generosity and kindness toasted her friends. And Applejack has her element of honesty which is very important in a friendship. Apple jack is very sweet and trustable and is always nice to everyone around her. But what I'm saying is that both of them have there good quaitlys that make them a great friend. To be honest I think their both as equal to each other. I simply love them both :)

All I wonder is how AJ and Rarity fans feel about their favorite pony being the least favorite in the majority of the fandom.

Do you get angry when best pony results always have them in last place? Do you get annoyed when people call AJ a background pony or Rarity a total snob? Or do you not really mind, because as long as you love the pony, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks?

Both, I get angry when people say AJ is a "background character" Or not developed enough. What makes her any worse then any other pony? I hate seeing her at the bottom of the polls. But at the same time, being at the bottom of the poll dosent mean AJ is a lot of peoples least favorite pony, it means she isnt a lot of people favorite pony. AJ and Pinkie Pie are my favorites, but if I voted AJ, it dosent mean I dont love Pinkie pie.

But also, I dont care what other people think, I still know AJ is awesome!

(this is random but Clarity, I love your signiture! Its soo cute!)

Edited by Pinkie
  • Brohoof 1

Nope! I wouldn't get mad at all if AJ is called "best background pony". I just sigh it off. I love Applejack and I don't give two apples about what rank she is among the other five. In polls, one pony is going to be last. Even if it is AJ, I'm fine with it. Cuz I know that even though she might only get one vote, it'd be from me. :D

• Brohoof 3

My good friend loves AJ. So do I, shes a hardworker who wants the best for her family and friends. Maybe her personality isn't as exciting as Rainbow or Pinkie, but I like her better than them.

• Brohoof 1