Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tom The Diamond

Posted Image

MLPForums' Pokémon Thread

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hello there, and welcome to the MLPForum's Pokemon thread! Pokemon is one of Nintendo's largest franchise's second only to Mario. The games revolve around you training creatures called 'Pokemon'. Pokemon are fantastic animals that can range from reptiles and mammals, to robots, spiritual entities, and beavers. As of Pokemon Black and White, there are 649 known species of Pokemon, not including the various forms many Pokemon can take.
Posted Image
Like many popular franchises, the Pokemon games have seen plenty of spin-offs, including the Pokepark series, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, and the Pokemon Ranger series. Including all the spin-off games, there are 78 Pokemon games in existence, with 2 additional ones in production.
Posted Image
So, use this thread to discuss Pokemon games, get help in Mystery Dungeon, get your team rated, battle with someone, tell everyone of your latest nuzlocke run, how Pikachu refuses to pick up the dang apple, or how Whitney's Miltank and Ghestis's Hydreigon are freakin' hacks, this thread is your on stop shop for all things Pokemon.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

Hated that frigin cow. Gave me nightmares as a child.

Anyways I guess to get this topic started what's your favorite Pokemon?

i'd have to say Electivire. Not sure why but I just find him insanely awesome

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Well my personal favorite of all the pokemons is Gardevoir :D

He/She is just so graceful and beautiful, anytime i play 3rd gen i Always catch aRalts at the second road, even if it takes me hours xD

huh, been a while since i played now... should do an other run sometime :3

Edited by Zonra
  • Brohoof 4

Favorite pokemon?

There are quite a few that I like but...

Posted Image

Raichu is pretty cool.

I feel like he's always overshadowed by the ever-popular Pikachu. He's also Lt.Surge's main pokemon... and Lt. Surge is awesome.

Posted Image

Pidgeot is my favorite for nostalgic reasons. The first Pokemon I ever caught was a Pidgey, and I trained it more than even my starter and ended up with a level 100 Pidgeot that never ever left my party.

• Brohoof 1

Ive been looking to get back into battling for a while. I use mostly the OU tier. Never stray into ubers (though it probably has gotten updated by now,)

All these new pokemon... I prefer just to stick to generation 1 to be completely honest, I still have Pokemon Red, best game :3

I really want Kazio Blue on an emulator though, the elite four all have level 100s and the final battle has a level 100 Mew and Mewtwo

• Brohoof 2

All these new pokemon... I prefer just to stick to generation 1 to be completely honest, I still have Pokemon Red, best game :3

I really want Kazio Blue on an emulator though, the elite four all have level 100s and the final battle has a level 100 Mew and Mewtwo

I used to think that gen2/3 were the only gens that were any good. Until gen 5 came out. It made me feel like a kid again.

• Brohoof 1

I used to think that gen2/3 were the only gens that were any good. Until gen 5 came out. It made me feel like a kid again.

I think the gens are getting worse, the latest one was just... terrible... I don't think I like a single pokemon out of that... I must admit though, Gen 5 was great

I think the gens are getting worse, the latest one was just... terrible... I don't think I like a single pokemon out of that... I must admit though, Gen 5 was great

Gen 5 was the latest one D=

But yeah it was a hit or a miss for most people.

I felt the same way about it. I thought for sure it was going to suck, but I absolutely loved it.

When I was on the bulbagarden forums, Gen 3 got a lot of hate for some reason. Though most people here seem to think Gen 4 is the worst and I'm inclined to agree. My problem with it was that too many pokemon that were evolutions of previous gens.

Thank goodness Black/White impressed me (I probably would've quit playing pokemon if it hadn't.).

I think the main reason there's more hate for Gen 3 then Gen 4 is because it wasn't backwards compatible, something everyone wanted.

And Gen 4 introduced Wi-Fi battles, which are always awesome.

But yeah, Gen 4 wasn't my favorite design wise (But it still had some epic ones) it did introduce a lot of mechanics to battles like formes(To a bigger degree then before) and physical/Special split.

Eh... I like Dragonite, Pikachu, Ratatatatatatatta, and Black WarGreymon. I lost interest in pokemon after G3. I played Diamond, but it didn't feel like the older games.

They just seem empty at times, lacking the mystery of the older games.