Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tom The Diamond

I know everyone hacks in pokemon now a days, but I have a bunch of starters I bred for trade fodder if anyone wants them.

Charmander

Bulbasaur

Squirtle

Treecko

Mudkip

As a Gen1 snob, it pains me to see so many Gen3, 4, 5 pokes lol. I can tolerate Gen2 because G/S/C was during the downswing of my childhood. Anyways, enough of my grumbling. My fave 5:

Blastoise, Scyther, Magneton, Haunter, and Dugtrio

I used to be a Gen1 snob, too, but I really do honestly love Gen 5. I'm 22, so I can understand the childhood nostalgia being tied to G1, but the G5 Pokemon really did grow on me, especially Sandile, oh my word.

5 years ago?

Not long enough. D/P had a lot of mechanic issues that I could not agree with. At least Platinum fixed most of these, and HG/SS redeemed the generation.

Earlier today (or late yesterday) I mentioned that Super Metroid was the first video game I played. Pokemon Blue was the first game I OWNED. I got it for Christmas 1997 from my grandmother. I always picked Squirtle because a 7 year old does not understand concepts like Special Attack and how fire still hurts Geodude, so when I saw that my friend Nate had a Charizard, this is what I said:

"You have a Charizard? BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

Nothing like smashing your pokemon's head into a tree for 3 hours straight and then spend 30 minutes to catch this guy in the gen 2 games. Hearcross FTW!

Posted Image

Edited by ryak
  • Brohoof 2

Y'know how I love spiders? Guess my favorite Pokémon. Go on. Guess.

Totally not Joltik/Galvantula and Spinarak/Ariados.

Posted Image

Totally my second favorite. I wish I had one in real life :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Cubone's been my favorite for sometime. Somehow they're adorable.

Posted Image

Do you believe in this theory? That Cubone are just abandoned baby Kangaskhan?

Posted Image

Do you believe in this theory? That Cubone are just abandoned baby Kangaskhan?

I don't know. I tend to not think about Pokemon that much (if you did there's more than one issue with Cubone - Like how when you breed to get a Cubone in the games, the mother Cubone/Marowak doesn't die... Where did the baby Cubone get those bones from?) but that theory makes sense.

I remember in the gen 1 games when you would use sand attack and you opponent would still have like a 99% chance of hitting you, but if they used it you, then nothing would hit.

• Brohoof 1