Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tom The Diamond

I never really thought the breeding system was important enough to spend time on. I diddn't know that they get moves from breeding?

So youve never competitively battled? You can get whole new moves on pokemon from breeding. For instance my deino needs a good special dark move. I breed a female Hydreigon with a male Seviper and the baby will know dark pulse.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding

Edited by Gummy

So youve never competitively battled? You can get whole new moves on pokemon from breeding. For instance my deino needs a good speacial dark move. I breed a female Hydreigon with a male Seviper and the baby will know dark pulse.

I haven't owned a ds ever since pearl came out. And even then I did not completly understand it it since I was so young.

I haven't owned a ds ever since pearl came out. And even then I did not completly understand it it since I was so young.

The Pokemon series is quit deep. The mechanics for making the perfect monster can get pretty complex. You should check out some guides on Bulbapedia or Smogon.

The Pokemon series is quit deep. The mechanics for making the perfect monster can get pretty complex. You should check out some guides on Bulbapedia or Smogon.

Yeah I found that out from some friends. I didn't even know you could combo special moves with anothermove to make them extremely powerfull. I might try to get a ds soon just to see how deep it could get.

The main reason I keep my first six is because I don't like having huge parties in RPGs because I feel like I have to equally level them all. If I keep just the first six I don't have to make any major decisions.

You can imagine how hellish Suikoden is for me...;-;

The main reason I keep my first six is because I don't like having huge parties in RPGs because I feel like I have to equally level them all. If I keep just the first six I don't have to make any major decisions.

You can imagine how hellish Suikoden is for me...;-;

God, I never had the patience for leveling up my entire party. i just raise my starter and catch higher level pokemon ._.

I always need my party to be within 5 levels of the highest. So I just Audino grind like mad until I have super overleved pokemon that can blow through the game.

Whenever I play pokemon I can't do it without Nuzlocke running anymore, it becomes much more enjoyable and I get attached to my team far more than someone who's simply playing a video game should.

After I finish the elite four i go all completionist. Find every item, catch every pokemon (completed the pokedex in Black over the summer), do all the post game stuff, breed 30 almost perfect IV pokemon and train them all to level 50, and my favorites to 100 with good EVs too.

I may enjoy the game a little too much...

Admittedly, I also play Pokemon. Probably my favorites were the third generation games, especially Pokemon Emerald. I quite enjoyed Black and White, and I hope there's more new Pokemon games on the way soon.

Admittedly, I also play Pokemon. Probably my favorites were the third generation games, especially Pokemon Emerald. I quite enjoyed Black and White, and I hope there's more new Pokemon games on the way soon.

I don't like the 5th gen, they are getting uncreative.

What makes you say that? Not that I don't respect your opinion, because a number of things did bug me about 5th generation too.

It's just that ever since the 3rd gen, the pokemon's creativeness with their creatures is running out. Seriously naming a cat pokemon "purugly" is just crossing the line. Now they like put eyes on a cloud and call it "gosty" Edited by Finesthour

I think the pokemon now are getting better and better. 1st gen we had blob of goo, wasp, lizard with fire on tail. Now we have Ghost golem, electric spiders, chandeler, floating eel.

• Brohoof 2

I liked 5th gen way more than 4th gen. D/P/Pt were very boring. IMO

I completly agree. Plus the legendaries were lazily named.

They called him palkia because he has pearls.

They named dialga because he had diamonds.

What I really disliked was Alomomola. It just screamed Luvdisc evolution, but it's really nothing more than a look-a-like. It just isn't that creative, as it's the same concept of a heart shaped fish.

I could cite other examples. In general a lot of the 5th generation monsters were really reminiscent of older monsters. That's not always a bad thing, but I was hoping for more creativity and uniqueness as well.

That said, I enjoyed the gameplay at least. And I rather liked 3rd gen's creatures. =P

Edited by Sugar Cube

What I really disliked was Alomomola. It just screamed Luvdisc evolution, but it's really nothing more than a look-a-like. It just isn't that creative, as it's the same concept of a heart shaped fish.

I could cite other examples. In general a lot of the 5th generation monsters were really reminiscent of older monsters. That's not always a bad thing, but I was hoping for more creativity and uniqueness as well.

That said, I enjoyed the gameplay at least. And I rather liked 3rd gen's creatures. =P

That is the point I was trying to make :D

I agree completely. People who complain about pokemon designs nowadays just have their nostalgia goggles turned to high.

No, it is that I know when creative designs are dying.

Lets compare

Posted Image

to

Posted Image

Do I really see a sandstone pokemon in there...? Edited by Finesthour

I don't like that particular pokemon either but I think it's more based on the Ocean Sunfish:

Posted Image

Than anything else.

It's just that ever since the 3rd gen, the pokemon's creativeness with their creatures is running out. Seriously naming a cat pokemon "purugly" is just crossing the line. Now they like put eyes on a cloud and call it "gosty"

Purugly was 4th gen, not 5th gen.

I don't like that particular pokemon either but I think it's more based on the Ocean Sunfish:

Posted Image

Than anything else.

Yeah possibly. But they should have known fans would mistake it as a Luvdisc evolution. I just think it was a bad design.

I could name loads of 5th generation designs I loved as well, Serperior, Herdier, Gothitelle, the Musketeer trio, Reshiram, etc.