Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually use Caps lock ever?

Zygen

117 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use caps lock or just shift?

• I use caps lock
    • I just hold shift

I thought of a strange question i decided to ask. Its about caps lock

Now if my question doesn't quite make sense yet what I'm trying to say is even when you type a full sentence word or what have you in caps do you even use caps lock? Because me personally I never use caps lock except on accident. If i'm typing a whole sentance in caps I just hold shift for however long I type in caps. I don't even bother with the caps lock key.

Am I the only one? I sure hope I'm not :P

So which do you use most of the time?(If not all the time)

• Brohoof 1

NO

I haven't really found the need to use it, for I don't want to seem like I am yelling at people. The only time I know that I use it is when I type something short, like LOL or ROFL. Shift to me is just a way to capitalize proper names.

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

Playing Skyrim, when I want to walk for some reason. But then it gets all messed up with shift, so when I quit the game I have Caps Lock on and I try to talk to someone and I yell at them through the internet.

Sometimes I'll hit it accidentally, as well. But that's just because of a new keyboard. Otherwise I forget it is even there.

• Brohoof 1

The only time I ever see myself using caps lock is when I have to enter product keys for various programs, even though it's not case sensitive.

Other than that, the caps lock key is completely useless, as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps there's a job out there that requires someone to type in all caps, I dunno. ;<

• Brohoof 1

HECK YEAH I USE CAPSLOCK! :D

It emphasizes when I'm excited/angry. You should be able to tell the difference. :P

But for capitalizing the first letters of words I use shift. Caps is only for SHOUTIIIIIIING!!!

• Brohoof 1

I use it every time I accidentally hit the key and have to go back and erase all of the caps and retype what I had originally typed with a growl.

Haha, Yeah. I don't really have this problem since I type without looking at my keyboard anymore. But i understand because I've had that problem back when I was a rookie typer.

NO

I haven't really found the need to use it, for I don't want to seem like I am yelling at people. The only time I know that I use it is when I type something short, like LOL or ROFL. Shift to me is just a way to capitalize proper names.

I really just use it for emphisis. I don't really feel like I'm yelling at people. Its more of excitement. Only if I'm really mad does it symbolize anger to me.

Just me though, I guess people interpret that kind of stuff differently.

I hold shift. To me Caps Lock is one of those pointless buttons like num lock and for those of you with an older computer scroll lock.

Yeah i never even ever ever use num lock XD. I don't understand the point of it.. And I actually have a scroll lock which I didn't even notice I had or that it even exsisted until you mentioned that so....

The only time I ever see myself using caps lock is when I have to enter product keys for various programs, even though it's not case sensitive.

Other than that, the caps lock key is completely useless, as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps there's a job out there that requires someone to type in all caps, I dunno. ;<

I don't even use it for that haha, I do however hold shift even if it isn't case sensitive. I forget caps lock exists alot of times until my computer tells me when I try to enter passwords and such lol.

Playing Skyrim, when I want to walk for some reason. But then it gets all messed up with shift, so when I quit the game I have Caps Lock on and I try to talk to someone and I yell at them through the internet.

Sometimes I'll hit it accidentally, as well. But that's just because of a new keyboard. Otherwise I forget it is even there.

Yeah, i pretty much avoided ever using caps locks as a key binding for games just for that reason. But I don't really think I'd count that as using caps locks :P

I mostly mean for typing I guess, maybe I should've been more clear.. Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

Rookie typist? I only hit it Occasionally and only because my finger hits both the shift key and the caps-lock key at the same time. And no, I do not look at the keyboard when I type and I do about 60 wpm thanks.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Honestly though, I always use shift, it's much easier to just hold a key than tapping caps lock every time you want to change between upper case and lower case.

• Brohoof 3

Rookie typist? I only hit it Occasionally and only because my finger hits both the shift key and the caps-lock key at the same time. And no, I do not look at the keyboard when I type and I do about 60 wpm thanks.

Sorry if I offended you, But I'm confused then on why you just randomly notice after finishing typing a message or something. Just curious.

Again sorry if it sounded offenesive. I didn't mean for it to. I worded it kinda poorly I guess. Its sorta late, and I'm tired and not really thinking very clearly.

So sorry if I acidently offended you I didn't mean to :( I was more talking about I had the problem when being a rookie typer, but not trying to imply that you where.

I have no idea what my brains trying to ask anymore.

Sorry :(

I use both....like if I'm lazy I would just press caps lock but if I was really typing I would probably use shift or something...I just use them randomly.

• Brohoof 1

:blink: Theres a Caps Lock button?

Lol jk. But serious its like one of those button u never use. My Parents grew up useing Caps lock so they use it all the time. I always use shift. EVEN WHEN I AM CURENTLY TYPING THIS SENTENCE i am holding shift down with my ring finger. I mean i use Tab more than Caps lock.

• Brohoof 1

The only time I ever use caps lock is to throw a grenade in Modern Warfare 2 on my computer. For the most part, if I want to type in all capitals I use shift. It's just more natural to me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like using cap locks. I find using the shift key much more logical. I'm only ever using capitals once or twice in a sentence so turning on the cap locks on then off seems like a waste. Even if I'm typing a all cap title, I'll still use the shift.

• Brohoof 1

WE USE IT ALL THE TIME! IS THAT NOT CLEAR!?

But yeah, quite honestly, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. Heck, I disabled it on the linux side of my machine a while ago as I press it more by accident than for a genuine use. I did use it once when I was creating a bash script for clamAV, but that's pretty much the only time I ever actually wanted to use it. All the other times, it horribly messed up my typing and/or my train of thought.

• Brohoof 2

Instead of 'Shift' I hold the Caps Lock key to make capital letters. Also, I like making really sarcastic and condescending comments so I type whatever is supposed to be sarcastic or condescending in ALLCAPS. :o

• Brohoof 1