Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually use Caps lock ever?

Zygen

117 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use caps lock or just shift?

• I use caps lock
    • I just hold shift

Automatically thought of this meme when I saw the title:

HI BILLY MAYS HERE TALKING ABOUT THE AWESOME KICKASS PRODUCT THAT IS GODDAMN OXY-CLEAN

But anyways, I hate when people use Caps Lock, just because it makes them seem so unprofessional. same thing for people who don't capitalize or punctaute anythinggg or spell checccckkkkk anything or do thissssssssss

• Brohoof 1

I always use capslock... I thought everyone did, but I guess i'm wrong.

I dont really see what the difference is. I find it easier just to hit caps then I can use my pinkie :lol::):blink:

Lets do a TEST, TEST

Can you guys tell which one is which ?

• Brohoof 1

I always use capslock... I thought everyone did, but I guess i'm wrong.

I dont really see what the difference is. I find it easier just to hit caps then I can use my pinkie :lol::):blink:

Lets do a TEST, TEST

Can you guys tell which one is which ?

I'm going to assume that since you normally use caps lock the first one is your caps lock and the first one is without.

That is just my educated guess though lol.

• Brohoof 1

Using shift is just another habit of mine. The only time my fingers would touch the caps lock is if I did it by accident. My tech classes always taught us to use shift anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I just hold down shift, even if I am typing out a full sentence in capital letters, I have no idea why. my fingers just do their own thing I guess, I don't put much thought into what my fingers do when I type, I just think about what I wanna say and it happens.

also: Related.

post-2281-0-06780000-1350446516_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

ON OCCASION, I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO SOUND LIKE I'M ENRAGED, EXCITED, OR IMPERSONATING A PRETENTIOUS, STUBBORN JERK.

But it's ALSO good for highlighting IMPORTANT WORDS whenever you DON'T have bold or underlining options.

• Brohoof 2

I just hold down shift, even if I am typing out a full sentence in capital letters, I have no idea why. my fingers just do their own thing I guess, I don't put much thought into what my fingers do when I type, I just think about what I wanna say and it happens.

also: Related.

post-2281-0-06780000-1350446516_thumb.png

I was thinking that the picture was going to say something that had to do with the royal canterlot voice XD

But that one works to :D

ON OCCASION, I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO SOUND LIKE I'M ENRAGED, EXCITED, OR IMPERSONATING A PRETENTIOUS, STUBBORN JERK.

But it's ALSO good for highlighting IMPORTANT WORDS whenever you DON'T have bold or underlining options.

Yeah i use it for that but I just use shift, easier to hit :P EVEN IF I WANT TO RAGE AT YOU LIKE AN ANGERY DINOSAUR I STILL HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME!!!!! GRRRRRR

Ahem anyways yeah... um... I use shift :P if I haven't said so already.

To each its own however.

Not so much. It's not often that I need to type a sentence in all caps. If it's a short enough sentence I'll stick with shift. The inverse of this would be one guy I know who engages caps lock for every capitalized letter he types.

But yeah, quite honestly, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. Heck, I disabled it on the linux side of my machine a while ago as I press it more by accident than for a genuine use.

Case sensitivity is a boon and a curse.

• Brohoof 1

HOW THE HECK DO TURN OF THIS CRAP... STUPID MICROSOFT ALWAYS MAKIING CRAPPY COMPOOTER PRODUCTS. I WISH THEY NEVER MADE THIS CAPS LOCK CRAP.

oh wait now i turned it off :ph34r:

Always use shift if I want to cap something. However if I want to be a douche i'll caps lock... I am a douche hehe

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I have to use it at work a lot. As a network and computer technician, I fix a lot of computer problems. I try to work on as many problems as possible using a remote desktop application, as that has a number of advantages:

- I don't have to walk in a room while class is in session, interrupting the class.

- I don't have to waste time walking all over the 150+ classroom building.

- I can work on other things at the same time.

The program that I use for remote desktop, however, tries to emulate the experience as if you were sitting right there at the computer, so if caps lock is enabled on the computer that I'm tying to work on, then everything I type will be in caps, even if caps lock is not enabled on my computer. That happens very often too, as a lot of students and teachers enable it for reasons that are beyond me. Whenever that happens, if I try to enter a password on the remote computer (to log in as an admin or something), it won't work because the casing would always be off. So to get around that, I have to enable caps lock on my computer, and then the two caps locks will cancel each other out and I can type normally on the remote computer.

It's more silly than anything else, but it happens multiple times a day, so I do have to use caps lock often simply to work on the remote computers.

• Brohoof 1

CAPS LOCK IS A USEFUL CONTEXT-SENSITIVE KEY THAT CAN BE USED FOR EXTENDED TYPING THAT REQUIRES ALL-CAPS DIALOGUE. THOUGH ADDRESSES IN THIS MANNER CAN BE BRIEF (AND IT CAN CAUSE SPELL-CHECK TO BE DISABLED ON SOME BROWSERS) IT'S GOOD FOR JUST THAT GIVEN SENTENCE THAT'S IN FULL CAPS, LIKE WHEN SOMEONE'S YELLING.

I CAN'T EXACTLY REMEMBER WHY I WROTE THIS IN ALLCAPS. MAYBE I WAS TRYING TO BE FUNNY. MAYBE I JUST WANT TO YELL AT YOU!

AUTODESK MAYA, KSP AND PHOTOSHOP ALSO ALL USE CAPSLOCK AS A CONSISTENT CONTROL MODIFIER. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU HOLD SPACEBAR AND RIGHT CLICK IN MAYA, A WIDGET MENU WILL APPEAR FOR THE MAIN CONTROL. IF YOU HOLD SPACEBAR AND RIGHT CLICK WHILE CAPSLOCK IS ON, A NURBS MODELLING MENU WILL APPEAR.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I don't always use Caps Locks or hold down the shift button. But when I do...

I FORGET TO TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON OR STOP HOLDING THE SHIFT BUTTON AND KEEP ON TALKING IN UPPERCASE. CAPS LOCK OR HOLDING DOWN SHIFT IS GREAT WHEN YOU WANT TO GET A POINT ACROSS TO SOMEBODY BUT IT'S REALLY ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE USE IT BECAUSE THEY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY'RE SHOUTING.

....Oh...the irony.

• Brohoof 1

ONLY THE FOOLS USE THE SHIFT BUTTON WHEN THE NEED ARISE FOR A GREATER FORCE OF WORDS

Posted Image

But you must know, there exist some greater technique to convey 'digital screams' to your opponent than the CAPS LOCK, such as COLORED, OVERSIZED, BOLD LETTERssssss

• Brohoof 2

I, for one, always use the Caps Lock button and never the Shift one. It's a very weird habit I have, but it's something automatic already. I tap the Caps Lock, write the letter/word and tap it again right afterwards to disable it.

It's a habit... ô-õ

• Brohoof 1

I'm always using the shift key, mainly because I find it easier to just tap it when i need it instead of repeatedly pressing the Caps lock. The only times I'm using the caps lock key is when I accidentally hit it without noticing.

• Brohoof 1

I NEVER EVER USE THE CAPS LOCK KEY. EVEN WHENEVER I'M TYPING OUT LONGER RANTS IN CAPS LOCK (IF, FOR SOME REASON, I NEED TO EMPHASISE SOMETHING FOR A FEW LINES OF TEXT), I JUST USE SHIFT.

TO BE QUITE HONEST, I NEVER EVEN SAW THE RIGHT SHIFT KEY UNTIL ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO. I'VE ALWAYS USED THE LEFT SHIFT KEY, PROBABLY BECAUSE MAINLY MY RIGHT HAND IS DOING MOST OF THE TYPING ANYWAY. ALL THE IMPORTANT KEYS ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE, REALLY. CAPS LOCK I ACTUALLY SOMETIMES JUST WEDGE OUT IF I CAN EASILY PLACE IT BACK IN, LIKE ON A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD. IT ONLY CAUSES ME TROUBLE AND IT'S PRETTY STUPID. JUST LIKE THE INSERT KEY.

• Brohoof 2

i only use caps lock when ranting, arguing, shouting, trolling, and posting angry comments. but if im doing something worthwhile/important then i use shift

Hmmm when I think about it, I use caps lock only in one case - when I am typing some czech capital characters like those: ĚŠČŘŽÝÁÍÉ, because of the way how they are typed.

• Brohoof 1

It depends. If I only need to have a few words in caps I will just hold shift. But if I need to make a point and it requires a sentence or two of Royal Canterlot Voice, I just turn on Caps Lock, type my stuff, and then turn it off.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

WHEN NEED ARISE, I SWITCH TO CAPS LOCK TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO USE THE WORD "FOOL" THAT THEIR LEGEND DOES NOT BEGIN IN THE 12TH CENTURY, TO SHOW HOW AWESOME THINGS ARE OR TO BE COOL!

Soul Eater reference? xD

I never use CapsLock, but I also rarely write in capital letters only...really almost never, even when I am ranting

• Brohoof 1