Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually use Caps lock ever?

Zygen

117 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use caps lock or just shift?

• I use caps lock
    • I just hold shift

NO. I DON'T EVER USE CAPS LOCK. WHY WOULD I EVEN DO THAT FOR? IT'S JUST A EYE-GRATING WAY TO GET ATTENTION THAT MAKES YOU SEEM LIKE A LOUD, OBNOXIOUS DICK. IT'S NOT LIKE I EVER DESIGNED A WHOLE PONY BASED ON THE CONCEPT AROUND CAPS LOCK, MMMMMNOSIRE, WHAT MAKES YOU EVEN THINK I WOULD DO THAT FOR?

• Brohoof 2

I very rarely use caps lock most of the time I just use the shift key. I only use caps lock when I want to type in all caps. Most of the time caps lock is just a nuisance.

• Brohoof 1

Silly Filly. Holding down shift while typing a message is OVER 9000 TIMES MORE AGRESSIVE THAN USING THY ROYAL CANTERLOCK BUTTON.

I totally need to get my caps lock replaced for a royal canterlock button.

That sounds like a totally awesome idea to make a keyboard themed for MLP and have its caps lock say that XD.

I use it sometimes. Usually when I'm quasi-mad (as in they did something stupid or I have to point something else) at someone on Skype. More often than not, it's by accident, or turning English mode back on from Hebrew for homework.

• Brohoof 1

I only use it when I want to type complicated letters like ''ï''. I don't use it often but it comes now and then in French in words like ''barzoï'' and ''maïs''. I don't know how to make this letter without caps lock since I always end up with this instead ''¸''.

I always use caps lock~ Both for YELLING AT SOMEONE and to capitalize certain words when needed.

I always hated holding down shift, and thought it was a waste of time to have to hold it down when I can just tap Caps and be done with it.Posted Image

I use it when a whole sentence is going to be in caps, otherwise I use shift.

SO THIS IS DONE IN CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IT IS I DON'T KNOW, PROVING A POINT.

And the capitals in this sentence were done using shift, like I usually do for normal sentences here on the MLPforums.

• 2 years later...

I use caps lock yes... but not intentionally... and i usually hav to re-write everything... DAMMIT BUTTON... Y U SO BIG! 

/\

|

(Pro 'shift' usage right there)

No, I don't. Why WOULD I-OH DEAR CELESTIA HELP MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS BROKEN but shift still works HELP I CAN'T TURN IT OFF. NOW I'LL BE STUCK using the Shift key FOREVERRRRR!

I was brought up in school learning to hold Shift. I don't even recall them teaching us what Caps Lock does. I think I learnt that by playing around on my Dad's computer one day.. lol

Caps Lock is fairly useless. Once upon a time, before the advent of word processors that supported things like bold and italics, it served a purpose. Sometimes you needed to emphasise a block of text, and capitalizing it was the only option. Holding down shift while typing a lot of text can be a little annoying.

On my laptop, I've reprogrammed the Caps Lock key to serve a different purpose. It now acts as a compose key. This means I can type:

• CapsLock, then "e", then apostrophe, and I get: é
  • CapsLock, "O", "c" → ©
  • CapsLock, "T", "M" → ™
  • CapsLock, "o", "o" → °
  • CapsLock, "1", "2" → ½
  • CapsLock, "8", "8" → ∞
  • CapsLock, "P", "P" → ¶

And so on. Now that my Caps Lock key has been given a new purpose in life, I'm a lot happier, and I think that it is too!  :)

• Brohoof 1