Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Enjoying my new hobby

Shadow Chaser

Thanks for the compliments guys.  I really do appreciate it.  Here's the version of Shadow I'll be using for the background.  I don't often get a chance to include his cutie mark in drawings so it was nice to have this one noticeable this time.

• Brohoof 1

Nice new vectors, Shadow. I wanna give Sky and Moon a hug so bad! (I'm a sucker for all the fillies, hell, even Diamond Tiara, they're all just too damn cute).

By the way, thank you very much for all the advice you gave me about Inkscape. I'm making leaps and bounds in that program because of you. Thank you so much, my unicorn friend. :)

• Brohoof 1

Nice new vectors, Shadow. I wanna give Sky and Moon a hug so bad! (I'm a sucker for all the fillies, hell, even Diamond Tiara, they're all just too damn cute).

By the way, thank you very much for all the advice you gave me about Inkscape. I'm making leaps and bounds in that program because of you. Thank you so much, my unicorn friend. :)

Glad you like the vectors.

Even more glad that my advice was helpful.  I usually skip a step when trying to explain things to people and end up confusing them more.  haha  Keep plugging along though, I still run into parts of vectors that make me scratch my head and have to figure out how to do what I'm trying to do.  In fact, I redid the hair on Moon's head three times until I got it to line up properly.  I also sorta cheated with how I made her ear line up with the hair outline.  haha

I know what you mean. :P

You should have seen me today when I redid that Derpy (which I later lost because X11 crashed). I had the reference shot on the same layer as the ear, and as I did each layer I would move it aside and reshuffle the layers into what the final product would look like. Probably doubled the time it should've taken, but it was cool watching the piece progress, like a puzzle coming together (which this stuff seems like, in a way).

Edited by Lightning Dust

as I did each layer I would move it aside
Quick tip:  There is a thing in the layer window that looks like a little eye.  You can set your base on the very bottom and as you layer over the top you can click the eye (on any layer but for this the bottom) and it'll turn off the base and you can see where you are with the above layers.  Sometimes I flip the bottom layer on and off for quick references for how things should look.

Sounds good. That makes a lot more sense and seems more efficient than fiddling with all the layers and then undoing it all like I did. :P (Then again, given how messy my layer builds were in the first place, that might've been my only option. My next vectors will be more structured...live and learn).

Oh my, these are all simply fantastic!!!  Some of the best OC artwork I've ever seen!  Seriously, they honestly look like they could be straight from the show!  You've managed to put a lot of personality into the OCs in each piece, the colors are very bright and well done, everything's very smooth looking... all in all this is very professional work, great job!  Hope to see more from you in the future!!!  :D

• Brohoof 1

;_;

This made me laugh.  Anyway, I gave Vinyl a shot and she didn't really turn out like I was expecting.  Just something I can't ID what looks weird to me.  I think it's because she's the first pony I've had to draw that had accessories, like the glasses and the headphones.  Ponies are easy, objects like those can be pretty hard because they're not layered or built the same as ponies.  (And the busted part of the shades made me completely stop to figure out how to put them together.)  But here she is.

I'll probably give Spitfire a shot as well.  (Though that may be a while.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... Just wow. These are beautiful. Honestly, you are amazing at this. I've tried my hand at vectoring my OC but it hasn't ever come close to how awesome yours is. :3 Keep it up! 

Like this stuff a lot so much I have to ask, dude do you take requests or commissions?, I would like to have one of your vectos of one of my OC's.

Keep it going dood =D

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new one I did for @@Descant, It's one of his OCs.  A pegasus with a bit of a wing disorder.  Instead of the standard issue wings, Cascade has, for lack of a better word, flippers.  This was a new venture for me so I was happy to give it a shot.  Hope you guys like it.

I've got two to upload this time.  The first is a random one I did for Key Gear.  aka Scootacool.  It's his OC that I did at random.  (Figured if I'm doing randoms why not start with my friends list on here.)

The second is Sweetie Belle.  I love Sweetie but her hair gives her extra layers that can be a hassle.  Anyway, enjoy them both!

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

So, I found out not too long ago that a buddy of mine spends his time drawing ponies on paper in black and white, well, one of the most requested things on his Deviant Art is for him to color his drawings.  He's not too into coloring stuff so I offered to vector a few to put them in true color with the show.  And this one, Big Mac and Cheerilee is the first one I chose to do.  It's in 16x9 proportions so it'll fit as a background.

BMCLBG_zps84156e97.png