Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Senn555

Yeah. See all the tags I attached there? This new show premieres right after the beginning of MLP:FiM season 3, on November 10th at 11AM Eastern (8AM Pacific); it's got a ton of MLP:FiM's cast and crew working on it too.

Here's who's involved so far:

DHX Media produces the show

Property of Hasbro Studios

Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews are composing BOTH the show's songs and the underscore:

https://www.facebook...397590640312389

https://www.facebook...434218823306937

- Voice actors on board:

Ashleigh Ball (Applejack / Rainbow Dash)

Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity / Luna / Granny Smith)

Nicole Oliver (Celestia / Cheerilee)

Peter New (Big Mac)

Sam Vincent (Flim)

Kathleen Barr (Trixie, Queen Chrysalis)

Shannon Chan-Kent (Pinkie Pie (Singing))

Article contains MLP:FiM season 3 spoilers / images: http://family-room.e...son-3-premiere/

- Writers:

Mitch Andrew Larson - https://twitter.com/...993380133072896

Cindy Morrow

All in all, looks to be very promising!

Have some videos:

Episode 1:

http://youtu.be/-828R3IHFVc?hd=1

Episode 2:

Opening Title + "Littlest Pet Shop Pets" (Daniel Ingram):

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 1

Hm, I'm not going to lie, this actually does show some promise. Can't say it will be the same as MLP but I will most likely watch it anyways. First thing I did notice however, 3rd video. Can't help but thing some of the pets are based off of MLP... *Cough cough the dogs hair cough cough the pink monkey*

• Brohoof 3

Sigh...I don't know what to say about this. I'm not thinking it's gonna fail or anything...well, actually that's it. I don't think it's gonna fail. If they pull out the right stops, heck this is the MLP crew we're talking about, Hasbro might revolutionize another franchise.

I wouldn't want it, honestly. MLP has become enough of a regular thing for me. I don't want a bombardment of LPS (oh gosh I'm abbreviating it already) fanficiton, art (r34, goodness forbid), crazy fans, PR, promotions....well, all the crazy stuff that MLP has.

I'm about to watch it...I don't think it'll turn out well...

Alright, saw it. Already hearing Dash's voice, lol. I don't know...I mean my conscience is telling me this is going to be a good show, but I'd wait it out until it airs. Speaking of which, it will be interesting seeing as it premieres right after the season 3 first episode does. The animation, voice acting, all are meh to me right now, and I hope it stays that way. I don't like the feeling of there being two unexpectedly good shows.

MLP being good was an accident. And that accident inspired so much creativity beyond belief. MLP just can't happen like that again.

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 7

I watched some clips...I'm so conflicted.

It does seem to have the humor, the song is catchy.

Maybe I just should watch the first couple episodes to see how the characters build up.

Though, is this why we only have a 13 episode season?

Inb4 Littlest Pet Shop Forum

If the VAs from FIM, namely Ashleigh Ball - can emulate what they did for My Little Pony, this new series can probably be mentioned in the same sentence as Pound Puppies, and that's already saying quite a bit.

I get the feeling that My Little Pony has set out a blueprint for cartoons to be successful - something of a renaissance - people liking cartoons for their animation and dynamic characters rather than the flashy effects and such. Granted, this might not get as much attention as FIM (let's face it - the brony "uprising" and fandom is already legendary), but given who's working on it, I suspect its overall start can be a bit better than FIM's when putting things into perspective.

But, jesus christ, whoever hired some of the cast from FIM is damn smart. Talented and very fun people to be around, these guys are - I have no doubt this'll get its own following sometime soon, you know, if they can get into character ASAP.

• Brohoof 4

Can't say I'm interested, sorry. I'm good enough with this one show encompassing my interest freetime via a fanbase that distracts me, honestly. Plus, like what was said, MLP's charm cannot be recreated, I don't care what voice actors you use over again.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 11

@ 00:25 the first pet that has a solo tell me that's not a cat version of twilight sparkle... Anyway I might give it a shot, I think 1 kids show is enough for me but idk maybe I'll like it.,

Edited by Ezio Auditore

While, I will say this. This may very well be a show I actually follow. From the stuff I've seen, it seems to be a good chance. However, I can say right now that I most likely won't be involved in any fandoms around this if they come up.

I already get enough of what I need with the bronies.

The pets look pretty awesome, and I'm hope that monkey ends up like Pinkie Pie. :D

Really who knows how I will feel after watching it. I got addicted to ponies didn't I?

I could very well be...A Pet?

• Brohoof 2

Can't say I'm interested, sorry. I'm good enough with show encompassing my interest with a fanbase that distracts me, honestly. Plus, like what was said, MLP's charm cannot be recreated, I don't care what voice actors you use over again.

Here's the thing I am going to say right off the bat: I highly doubt that they were intending on creating a FIM clone, especially producers who hired the very same voice actors who play the main characters of MLP. Is there an influence at work, though? Likely. However, it is pretty important to be inspired by another work of art which can lead to massive amounts of success, so as long as it isn't blatantly obvious that you're trying to rip it off. In this case, I think they want this to be its own show regardless, complete with its own set of loveable and wonderful characters, with their own strengths and weaknesses. FIM did a fantastic job in laying out that piece of the blueprint for future works to be produced, and it's already revitalized the idea of trying to create character-driven storylines - not just any storyline, but relatable ones.

I watched some clips...I'm so conflicted.

It does seem to have the humor, the song is catchy.

Maybe I just should watch the first couple episodes to see how the characters build up.

Though, is this why we only have a 13 episode season?

Shoot, I immediately like it after watching that clip. Just what I like, really - humour here and there combined with its own unique animation style. Granted, this is just a clip, but I am already inclined to watch this when it comes out. The guys over at Hub are really onto something. Faust might have just started something that of a dynasty not unlike when Belichick joined the Patriots and they won those three superbowls in four years. Following that analogy, The Hub just might explode with popularity sooner or later, and ponies won't just be its main attraction, although it will remain as the cream of the crop for years to come. We've got that locked up - many more seasons of ponies are on the way, but hey, if we start liking this new show, we'll have that much more to talk about.

• Brohoof 3

Here's the thing I am going to say right off the bat: I highly doubt that they were intending on creating a FIM clone, especially producers who hired the very same voice actors who play the main characters of MLP. Is there an influence at work, though? Likely. However, it is pretty important to be inspired by another work of art which can lead to massive amounts of success, so as long as it isn't blatantly obvious that you're trying to rip it off. In this case, I think they want this to be its own show regardless, complete with its own set of loveable and wonderful characters, with their own strengths and weaknesses. FIM did a fantastic job in laying out that piece of the blueprint for future works to be produced, and it's already revitalized the idea of trying to create character-driven storylines - not just any storyline, but relatable ones.

Inspiring better cartoons is fine and dandy, I just hope this isn't going to hinder the fantastic progress of MLP from now on.

Inspiring better cartoons is fine and dandy, I just hope this isn't going to hinder the fantastic progress of MLP from now on.

Ahahaha no, not at all. The show draws an insane amount of attention and power from the internet alone, so a theory could be made that no matter how much attention is directed towards another work in the making, the brony fandom has grown so big that it'd be almost impossible to just hinder the progress of ponies. See, that's the unique advantage MLP will have over anything else - it maintains a gigantic fanbase filled with talented folk who can provide hefty amounts of content for people to enjoy while the developers do what they do in the meantime. You won't have to worry at all about progress slowing down. I think the yearning to get your fan material on EqD is enough motivation to keep folks busy, in all honesty :P

Ahahaha no, not at all. The show draws an insane amount of attention and power from the internet alone, so a theory could be made that no matter how much attention is directed towards another work in the making, the brony fandom has grown so big that it'd be almost impossible to just hinder the progress of ponies. See, that's the unique advantage MLP will have over anything else - it maintains a gigantic fanbase filled with talented folk who can provide hefty amounts of content for people to enjoy while the developers do what they do in the meantime. You won't have to worry at all about progress slowing down. I think the yearning to get your fan material on EqD is enough motivation to keep folks busy, in all honesty :P

Was talking more about the voice actors and company now having another entire show to think about, and not being able to just focus on their star success, not the fanbase, but point taken :3

@,@@~Chaotic Discord~,

Both of you make valid points.

While the show could very well be a show thats as good or very well, (doubt it though), be better, this could very well be the reason we have a shorter season. However, with the staff refusing to share details, we don't know for certain, but we can assume seeing how they are airing at the same day.

And on the fandom side of things. It can't really affect the fandom that much.

However, it obviously looks like it could be a fantastic show. It could make up for it possibly.

Now, I'm going to give this show a shot. And I can't believe I'm saying this for a second time but, I hope this is good.

• Brohoof 2

Can't say I'm interested, sorry. MLP's charm cannot be recreated, I don't care what voice actors you use over again.

I agree. It's cool to see that they are trying to challenge more stereotypes with a new show. However, you can't just simply recycle voice actors from My Little Pony (There not even the fan favorites like Tara Strong or Andrea Libman, anywho) and just expect the show to take off.

It's.. Not the same. Lauren Fraust brought soul to My Little Pony. She did... Something to make the show come to life. This show just doesn't seem to have it.

I'll give it a chance, it deserves a fair shot. However, I don't expect it to even come close to being comparable to My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 2

Was talking more about the voice actors and company now having another entire show to think about, and not being able to just focus on their star success, not the fanbase, but point taken :3

I think they're trained to handle that kind of stuff actually, lol. No worries on that side either. These VAs give it their 120% on every episode they do, so the effort is clearly there.

If anything, I'd just look at it as a head coach trying to look out for all 53 of his players - tough task, but they get the job done pretty well more often than not. Especially considering the talent level of FIM's VAs.

• Brohoof 1

I think they're trained to handle that kind of stuff actually, lol. No worries on that side either. These VAs give it their 120% on every episode they do, so the effort is clearly there.

If anything, I'd just look at it as a head coach trying to look out for all 53 of his players - tough task, but they get the job done pretty well more often than not. Especially considering the talent level of FIM's VAs.

I certainly hope so.

Probably just being overly pessimistic due to hunger, among other things.

But yeah, not gonna be interested in this show. If it is the reason season three is short, I'd hope that means season 4 and onwards will be back in twenties'.

• Brohoof 1

I can't lie, after seeing the videos, I'm quite interested to see how it's gonna turn out. I may watch a few episodes and see if it attracts me as much as MLP:FiM did. I honestly wouldn't mind fan-boying over yet another "little girl's show". Heck, it's amazing how those guys can revive old and failed franchises!

Anyhow, I might give it a chance out of pure curiosity. Hopefully it's something new and not a desperate attempt to recreate the "accident" they did with MLP.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'll give them props for the effort that went into the show, specially the music aspect. That's as far as I can take it though, too cutesy for my likes to be honest.

Well.......I don't know about this one of course about 4 months I said the same thing about MLP so it might be good, it might not. I will say I do expect good Music sense Daniel Ingram is involved, but still I don't think I will watch it. i might get focused on that and never go back to ponies!

Before I watched the videos I was rather sceptical and afterwards nothing changed. There's just something about it that seems a little off to me for some reason. If I hear good things said about it after it airs then I will take the time to watch the episode as it was curiosity that got me into watching MLP due to first hearing about it from a friend.

Seems okay. Surprisingly rather ok... I will likely give it a watch sometime, seems fairly decent enough. I think this might actually be kinda good, unlike Care Bears which was a total flop from the start. We'll see how this turns out though. :huh:

I can't say I'm super excited about it, but whatevs. It's definitely not going to fail, but I don't see it drawing me in like MLP did. Quite indifferent.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so I watched the opening and the song they played and I have no idea what to think of this show. I just don't know what this show is going to be about. Is it going to be like Pound Puppies and the girl is going find homes for some of the pets or what.

The song was alright, but I was feeling like that hedgehog and wanted them to be done. The song just felt off to me.

Also did anyone else think that dog looked way to much like Twilight? I mean the purple body and the pink streak threw her hair. I don't know.

Not going to watch it right away, but may give it a try later.