Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Senn555

This looks good, But it's kind of ripping off the art style and characters of MLP, But it certainly turns me on the show, Especially since Hasbro and the Hub is realeasing something that's not like Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake with the eye cringing CGI animation, But I'll watch it, It'll probably end up good but not as nearly popular as MLP.

/critical mode

I couldn't stand the first minute of the song, but it got better after that. The only pets I like are the dog and the skunk. I would like the obviously pinkie pie-based monkey more if I didn't dislike monkeys so much. I really don't like the way the chameleon is designed. But, I find it amusing how the human girl lookes like a humanized Twilight Sparkle with Rainbow Dash's voice.

• Brohoof 1

Dayum, dude, that is one catchy song! I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Anyway, looks pretty cool, I guess. Kind of weird to have a mongoose/skunk/panda as potential pets, but ehh, whatever. And I like that the dog's name is Zoe, since its my dog's name too.

• Brohoof 1

It looks really "meh" to me. It seems like they are trying to make another MLP: FiM which I don't really want. I would rather Hasbro focus on making one show really good rather than try to make a bunch of shows that try to be as good as MLP. I might give it a shot if I'm really bored but I think I'll just pass on this. One thing I can say is that I hated the theme song. Something about it seemed off.

It looks really "meh" to me. It seems like they are trying to make another MLP: FiM which I don't really want. I would rather Hasbro focus on making one show really good rather than try to make a bunch of shows that try to be as good as MLP. I might give it a shot if I'm really bored but I think I'll just pass on this. One thing I can say is that I hated the theme song. Something about it seemed off.

I can see were you are going with this. The MLP we have now is good enough with me. I don't want to start getting into Littlest Pet Shop and never go back to MLP that would suck

I feel like this may become some fandom, namely because the cast from My Little Pony will be voicing in it, and because also, I feel like they are pushing it right after MLP Season 3 Premier 11/10/12 If you didn't know. They probably would need another show, well not necessarily with a fandom but a show that would attract an audience as large as MLP or close, because what if they screw with My Little Pony and destroy everything, is there anything to fall back upon. I will give the show a chance, but honestly I am not really that sure about it, just something seems a bit off about it. I just wouldn't be able to like it, are you going to give it a try, if so, what opinion do you have on it currently, I just probably couldn't get into it because the animation (Not because it is flash, because I don't like the style) seems a bit clunky and big. Post your opinions below.

• Brohoof 3

Well I actually kind of like the art style. Personally i think that the show looks very intriguing and promising. The theme song is also very good and catchy (sort of). I definitely will give it a chance and watch the first episode.

• Brohoof 2

UGH, NO. NO WAY NO.

Littlest Pet Shop... just no. The art style is as bad as G1-G3 MLP, the LPS song is so darn annoyingly infectious, and not to mention those HUGE, obnoxious bobbleheads.

I hope to heaven that LPS never gets a huge fandom.

• Brohoof 3

Even if it looked bad, I would still give it a try at the very least. If MLP has taught me anything, it's that staying ignorant of shows like this can lead to missing out on something good.

If I give it a try on the other hand, what do I have to lose (besides 20 minutes of my time)?

No setbacks, + possible benefits is always worth trying :)

also

UGH, NO. NO WAY NO.

Littlest Pet Shop... just no. The art style is as bad as G1-G3 MLP, the LPS song is so darn annoyingly infectious, and not to mention those HUGE, obnoxious bobbleheads.

I hope to heaven that LPS never gets a huge fandom.

Replace LPS with My Little ponies, and you sound a lot like an anti brony... just saying...
  • Brohoof 3

You all have very good points, (Now Keeeesss!) I can like the show not be in a fandom, as in I might like 'LPS' but, I most likely wouldn't go for the fandom, BUT, I would not be attacking them, they could easily do the same, it is like fighting over which air you breathe tastes better.

Replace LPS with My Little ponies, and you sound a lot like an anti brony... just saying...

Well see, I'm 99% sure LPS will never get to a point where it can even be liked by a male audience.

It's just too deep in the proverbial pit of craptasticalness that it will never get to awesome.

You all have very good points, (Now Keeeesss!) I can like the show not be in a fandom, as in I might like 'LPS' but, I most likely wouldn't go for the fandom, BUT, I would not be attacking them, they could easily do the same, it is like fighting over which air you breathe tastes better.

You won't be part of the fandom even if the show is good, their artists produce as much art as ours (and as high quality), make as much awesome music, and start to take over the internet with funny memes?

If this starts happening, I'm definitely gonna be a part of it. I'm going into this completely open minded Posted Image

Well see, I'm 99% sure LPS will never get to a point where it can even be liked by a male audience.

It's just too deep in the proverbial pit of craptasticalness that it will never get to awesome.

LOL now you REALLY sound like an anti brony XD

That's sounds exactly like what one of them would say Posted Image

You should at least give the show a try

Edited by Artemis

You won't be part of the fandom even if the show is good, their artists produce as much art as ours (and as high quality), make as much awesome music, and start to take over the internet with funny memes?

If this starts happening, I'm definitely gonna be a part of it. I'm going into this completely open minded Posted Image

LOL now you REALLY sound like an anti brony XD

That's sounds exactly like what one of them would say Posted Image

You should at least give the show a try

I am open minded but just, I can't get over the animation! LPS seems like it would be good yet, I would NEVER be able to get over the animation and as someone said before, Bobble Heads. But that is because the toy franchise looks like bobble heads. Edited by Artemis

Hmm....you mean, is this a new generation of the show? I know some voice actors from MLP will be in it, but I really don't think the show will become a fandom. Maybe out of curiosity people will watch it, but just because the show has MLP voice actors in it doesn't mean the show will be just as good. It's not like their writing the scripts and stuff.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the show might be decent. I use to play with the toys as a kid. But really, it wont be as popular as MLP in my opinion. I just have that feeling. We can give the show a chance and see. I'm curious to see what the character designs look like too, as I'm curious!! But I;m really not sure.

• Brohoof 1

This actually looks alright! Knowing that they got FiM voices, writers and musical composer Daniel Ingram defiantly catches my interest! The few clips I have seen of it look promising as well. Zoe's song was a bit catchy, and the fact that Blythe was scared shitless by all of this is pretty funny, not to mention how adorable this show looks as well! Yeah, there was a couple animation errors, but they'll hopefully get fixed before it airs.

It may not be as good, or as popular as FiM, but really, WHO CARES? Hub's Pound Puppies didn't get nearly as much recognition, but it was still a good show. Also, who cares if this is trying to be the next ponies? Shouldn't quality be the main concern? Way too many people are trying to compare these, and the show isn't even OUT yet!

It would make sense that Hasbro would try to make another show like FiM. FiM basically laid out the archetypes on how to create a good children show, and Hasbro's trying to follow those said archetypes to make sure their newer things are widely appreciated too. It's good to see studios get something right, and then actually stick to it for their future programs. More studios need to do this. *COUGHnickelodeonCOUGH*

I have high hopes for this show, and I'll be sure to catch it right after the Season 3 premiere!

Edited by RippedOffMattress
  • Brohoof 4

Looks to me like Hasbro is mistaking the older audience of FiM for clueless children. The target demographic of My Little Pony won't know who all the voice actresses and actors are, or be acquainted with them as we are, so using a good portion of them to do all the voices of this show looks conspicuously like a cash-grab. We've been obscenely profitible for the MLP franchise, so they might think a move like that would get us invested in something else as well. Airing the series premier immediately after the season 3 premier of MLP adds to my suspicion. If that's their motivation for making this show, I'm disappointed and believe it won't end well. It would be like me getting a beautiful, new NZXT white Phantom case and putting some 80s AT hardware in it: style without substance. Without some brilliant scripting, any series is doomed. Could be wrong though; it might be fantastic and well-written.

While I'm not a fan of the art style chosen for this show, I could get used to it, but I'm especially repulsed by the design of Blythe (though the name is cool). From what I saw of the characters' personalities in the recent trailer, I think I could like it and will certainly watch it before making a judgement. I'm already starting to get attached to some of the characters and I was really down with that song. Time will tell.

Prepare yourselves for the inevitable deluge of MLP-LPS crossover fan art.

I merged your thread with another of the same topic. When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

Your name and avatar make that innocuous piece of advice feel like a threat.

• Brohoof 1

I may give it a shot if it's uploaded to youtube and I remember to actually youtube it. I'll reserve judgement on it until I actually see it though. Who knows? It could be quite smashing.

After seeing that all I can think is this, why would you do this to me D:, Yes it might be quite 'smashing' *Snicker* I must ask, did you do this intentionally, I will definitely check it out with my friend when me and my friend watch it, WHY DID YOU REMIND ME! D:
  • Brohoof 1

After seeing that all I can think is this, why would you do this to me D:, Yes it might be quite 'smashing' *Snicker* I must ask, did you do this intentionally, I will definitely check it out with my friend when me and my friend watch it, WHY DID YOU REMIND ME! D:

Of course it was intentional :D. Nigel Thornberry was the first thing to pop in my head after seeing the trailer for it. A girl that can talk to animals? C'mon, who wouldn't make that association?

To me it seems like they're trying to make a copy FiM. They think if MLP was sucessful that they can take elements from it (Voice actors, animation, music) and it will be just as successful. I'm not seeing too much appeal in this show. Maybe it'll be something I can watch if it's on and I'm pretty bored.

If anyone's interested, Zap2it has synopses for the first three episodes.

http://tvlistings.za...shop/EP01636101

Am I the only one who is actually somewhat interested to see how this turns out rather than judging it as "a copy of MLP" even though we have not even seen it yet? The trailer looked fun, the voice acting is good, the animation wasn't that bad and those two Daniel Ingram songs were as catchy as they always are. I actually like the theme song for LPS WAY more than the theme song for MLP.

Then again, this is coming from someone who gave actually gave Care Bears a chance.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3