Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you fall in love with inanimate objects?

Legit101

Yes, it's possible to love inanimate objects. It doesn't have to love you back for you to have a special affection and appreciation for it. I love my little car for example, and it seems completely natural. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It’s commonly referred to as objectophilia. I personally believe that people who believe they are in love with these things need some serious psychological help. It irritates me how defensive they get when all you’re trying to do is help.

I would call it more "appreciaton" towards objects. But trully loving them , i wouldnt say that is healthy at all.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, Sherbert MGS said:

Well it depends, you probably could,

for example I love my Twily plushie, but that isn't me just loving the plushie, but rather the character the plushie is of

now i want a twily plushie too. 

The concept of something like this is so absurd, I couldn't even possibly imagine being in that situation. I have seen many videos from TLC regarding this kind of thing and every single one of them makes me cringe.

• 3 years later...

HECC YES.

I Love lampposts.  Like, i like to take pictures, give hugs to lamposts. They stand around, quietly, giving light to those who need it and asking for nothing in return. Because they inanimate. Or hugging trees, y'know? Showing intense appreciation for something is okay. My first car i spent alot of time in, because i'd be tired after work, too scared to go home yet and risk the drive back. I'd nap in the back of Baby Blue in some dark parking lot and she was my safety shell!

Keeping in mind the fact that ancient roman culture had a whole ton of variety of classifications of what Love meant and I can't really say there's any reason to not show Love to anything and everything. Love is, after all, a far more vague a concept, yet it is none the less deeply felt.

No but I do get a little sad if certain items I’ve had for such a long time get lost. Like when I was a kid I lost a sandal in the creek and was kinda down about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
(edited)

Hold on, let me ask my Krystal body pillow 

Spoiler

The answer is no. If you do, then you’re probably mentally all there and should get some therapy 

Spoiler

Also, no I don’t have a body pillow of Krystal 

Edited by Megas