Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Horror Movie

Lady Rarity Pony

What's your favorite horror movie series?

This is a tough one as I havn't wacthed horror in a while. Saw is definitely one of my favorites though many times there is a simple way to get out of the trap that they don't use. It also has too many WTF didn't you die 40 sequels ago?

Other than that the Sleepaway Camp series was pretty creepy though the last film which was basically a spin off was stupid as hell -_-

• Brohoof 1

Saw is... well, I won't go into my thoughts on those movies. -_-

I'm going to have to agree with liquidlove on this for the most part. With the exception of the Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead movies, All of my favorite horror movies are completely stand alone. Jacob's Ladder and Event Horizon being two prime examples.

Can't say I've watched a whole lot unfortunately. I've only seen the first Saw, seen the second of the RE movies and Degeneration, seen Paranormal Activity and maybe one or two others. I wanna watch more though, like 28 Days and 28 Weeks. I have Saw II but have yet to open it a year and a half after buying it. xD

Can't say I've watched a whole lot unfortunately. I've only seen the first Saw, seen the second of the RE movies and Degeneration, seen Paranormal Activity and maybe one or two others. I wanna watch more though, like 28 Days and 28 Weeks. I have Saw II but have yet to open it a year and a half after buying it. xD

Most people I've heard from say Saw 2 is the best. But in my opinion it's all just killing and the point is more of scaring me than making me interested in the story :P

I'm not really into horror movies or shows. I find them to be more laughable than anything really :lol: Of course it could just have to do with the fact that I'm the strangest person I know :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Personally I don't think horror movies have to actually be scary. I believe there are many elements to horror and being scary (at least to the viewer) is only one factor of it and even if a movie doesn't have it that doesn't make it a bad horror movie.

Saw, for example, is the type of horror that's not meant to scare you but to bewilder you and use gruesome images (which I do believe is a part of horror)

• Brohoof 2

That's probably more a cultural difference more than anything as I'm quite certain such things scare some Japanese people.

Besides, if you have a demon cat after your life....you'd be scared shitless. =P

• Brohoof 1

That's probably more a cultural difference more than anything as I'm quite certain such things scare some Japanese people. Besides, if you have a demon cat after your life....you'd be scared shitless. =P

not if I use Japanese horror movie physics :P

I would probably be able to do some magical jump through a wall blowing up the cat. But seriously that's how those movies look in my eyes xD

Well I can honestly say I'm loving Extreme Ghostbusters. Rewatching it after like fifteen years of not seeing it. It's definitely horror, just not scary. Though I suppose you could call it supernatural too.

I'm much more interested in the psychological style of horror, anyway. Gore can only get as scary as until it starts spewing everywhere.

Yes. Yes. Yessssssssss.

Thank you.

In my opinion, horror isn't horror if it's just blood and gore spewing around everywhere. I'd say that it's just sadistic madness, but that'd undermine the meaning of sadism.

Of course, in the literal sense, horror does mean that it's supposed to strike one with a sense of dread after something has happened, i.e. someone dies and there's a bloody mess afterwards, but gore absolutely everywhere kills any sense of dread it's supposed to bring and makes it just plain silly. There's a reason kids find it utterly hilarious when they watch a horror flick and there's blood everywhere; it's too much that it becomes utterly laughable to watch.

Psychological horror is better, because it actually manages to creep me the fuck out. Instead of the amount of gore being the scare-factor it's supposed to screw with your head and emotions instead, making you feel uneasy, building up tension, and when something actually happens, the effect is sooooo much greater than what standard horror can accomplish. Simple text with this kind of horror is enough to make me shiver in fear.

Of course, I like a bit of sadistic violence and gore myself, but only if it's done well and isn't just laughably amounts of blood trying to schock people.

• Brohoof 4

I still think Horror doesn't necessarily have to scare you at all. The only one who have to be scared for any reason would be the characters, I don't believe the reader has to be scared for it to be good horror.

I still think Horror doesn't necessarily have to scare you at all. The only one who have to be scared for any reason would be the characters, I don't believe the reader has to be scared for it to be good horror.

No , not really scared in every case. Suspenseful horros are just as good :)