How do you type?

LightRaider

How do you type?  

125 users have voted

1. 1. How do you type?

• Cherry Pick
    • All 10 fingers (correctly)
    • Other (?)

Cherry pick, but more like semi memorized cherry pick. Just mainly my two index fingers with the occasion pinky shift. That's because the craptastic software used in my school for "teaching" how to type loved to outpace how fast I could use my 10 fingers, however using just my index fingers was quicker. I may try to type "properly" soon but I want a different keyboard for that.

Out of curiosity, anyone use the Dvorak layout?

some times i type with one hand(as i am now). but thats cause this only needs one hand. the only time i use two hands is if im working on a paper or a very good roll play. but yea......i said forget what they taught me, im going to do what feels good to me.

I just type quickly using a random mess of fingers to achieve my goal.

I've noticed on keyboards that are slightly different to my flat-Qwerty one, I can't type very fast at all and get hundreds of typos...

Teaching myself to touch type, it's getting there but when I lose a key, I often have to look and try and find it again, I don't have time to be sensible and work out where it is!

Oh, the old days of cherrypicking. Before the 3rd grade when I learned to type with 10 fingers, I would select letters one by one. It took forever. I remember in the second grade spending 5 minutes looking for 'T' on the keyboard :angry: I even asked a friend to help..

• 2 years later...

I use 3 fingers on each hand, rarely will I use my pinky and I don't think I use my ring finger at all. I didn't take proper classes, so I learned on my own.

I type with four fingers on each hand. And I also type really really fast (the reason why I am fast replying to people  :P

Edited by JonasDarkmane

I pretty much type anywhere between 3 to 5 fingers on my keyboard at any given time. My fingers are longer than average, so i keep my hands close to each other and only press keys using my other hand when i can't reach with the one i'm currently using.

I type touch, but my layout is different from the standard.

Standard:

splash_keyboard.gif

How I type:

Z_with_ring.png

I hold my hands in a up-side-down V shape, so typing like that seems a lot more natural to me, compared to always moving your fingers down towards the right regardless of the hand used.

I've never really payed much attention to it before... but, normally I just use my two index fingers (one for each side of my keyboard), and that's it =/ Anything else feels unnatural to me for some reason...

my left hand hits TGB and everything to the left of it

while my right hits YHN and everything to the right of it

my right thumb controls the space button 

as for numbers the same thing applies.... or sometimes I will just use my right index

Well, I am typing this to see exactly how I type, because I never really paid any attention to it, before.

So, looking at this, it would appear that I use three fingers to type most letters. I almost never really use my fifth finger on any hand. I use the thumb to hit space. And that's about it, really.

I guess I technically type with all ten fingers as one would call "correctly"... Though, I'd say it's more of something like "All ten fingers minus my pinkies" being how I seem to really not actually use my pinkies for any keys and they just kinda stay up in the air for the most part, really the only exception is when I have to hold shift or control for something...... Other than that, I tend to just let my ring fingers take care of the keys that would otherwise be "normally" hit by my pinkies. I don't know why my typing seems to have evolved into this method, it just seems to be a lot easier for me... I mean, I've noticed that if I try to force myself to use my pinkies "normally" I tend to end up with a lot more errors and mistypes, as well as take more time than usual to recover from them.

Woo! Weird typing methods! :muffins::yay:

Technically my typing is model
My position is not

My feet are currently above the level of my hands, my entire body weight is on my kneck and upper back, which are on my seat

Heh, thats probably not good for me.

Plus, using a spare keyboard cuz I split tea all over my nice one :(

I type with two fingers. Yes, you might think this is actually slow for me. It's really not. I've been told I type really fast with just two fingers alone. I can't stand typing with all ten. Mostly because of my poor motor coordination. My fingers don't work properly when it comes to getting them to stay on keys and all that crap. So, that's why I find more ease in just typing with two. I do use very few other fingers for things like enter, delete and space though. It depends just depends.

Edited by AdorbzFangirl