Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something freaky about the Crystal Ponies in Season 3! [Warning: Spoilers!]

Blitz

I have something mind blowing to show you all :blink: You've all seen the cover for the Crystal Fair DVD that's coming out, right? Well, if you look at a pic of a crystal pony, then look at a normal one, there are some differences.

Example 1: The pupils and stuff on the crystal ponies' eyes aren't rounded. They are octagons/hexagons (I really didn't count the sides, but the point is still there) normal ponies pupils are round.

Example 2: The crystal ponies' manes are slightly metallic/shiny. Normal ponies' manes are like human hair.

Now that you know the differences between the crystal ponies and normal ponies, look at the cover of the new DVD again. Notice anything?

post-9057-0-28158700-1350704155.png

post-9057-0-18047100-1350704218.jpg

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 16

This was obvious to me when I first looked at the DVD cover. It was said that Princess Cadence is somehow connected with the Crystal Ponies, which is why she's there with them on the cover. Why there's a crystal pony version of the Mane Six is the interesting part. I'm sure it'll be explained.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 7

I wonder if crystal ponies are a unique species altogether than the typical unicorns, pegasi, and/or earth ponies we see just about every episode.

Well, shoot... I got nothing on my "blind speculation list" other than some spell which would grant you crystal pony attributes, and maybe that grants you some sort of enhanced ability far up from a regular Equestrian.

• Brohoof 2

This was obvious to me when I first looked at the DVD cover. It was said that Princess Cadence in somehow connected with the Crystal Ponies, which is why she's there with them on the cover. Why there's a crystal pony version of the Mane Six is the interesting part. I'm sure it'll be explained.

:huh: Hmmm... can you say "alternate dimension" anypony? B) Well... that, or Pinkie finally just completely broke physics, and physics in turn spat out six crystal pony versions of the Mane 6 because, why not!!!!

Posted Image

^_^ Heh, in all seriousness, that's very interesting; I thought at first that it was just the Mane 6 with different hair styles, but then I saw that blown-up pic further down of... :huh: uh... Crystal Dash, and I was like-

Posted Image

Guess we'll just have to wait and see like you said CD; SEASON 3, GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!! :angry:

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I did notice this when I saw the DVD cover, and found it weird, the hexagons or whatever shape in the eyes annoys me for some reason. Although, I didn't actually notice in the previews, that the crystal ponies looked like that.

I hope they don't turn the Mane 6 into crystal ponies...

Wow. They made Rainbow all sparkly and the others as plain as sliced bread. Is this more bias? *irritated Clarity mode on*

Also, AJ seems to be in the background again. Yeah, I saw the DVD long ago, and this still bugs me now. -_-

• Brohoof 1

I wonder if crystal ponies are a unique species altogether than the typical unicorns, pegasi, and/or earth ponies we see just about every episode.

From the existing images of the original Crystal Ponies, there is only the hornless and wingless one, so I guess it's safe to say that Crystal Ponies have no extra appendages (nothing we know of yet)

Maybe being Crystal Ponies is an extra perk instead of a whole subspecies?

Yes, I did notice this when I saw the DVD cover, and found it weird, the hexagons or whatever shape in the eyes annoys me for some reason. Although, I didn't actually notice in the previews, that the crystal ponies looked like that.

I hope they don't turn the Mane 6 into crystal ponies...

The hexagonal shape of the crystal pony eyes were meant to be something of a symbolic presence. Pretty well-deserved if you ask me, what better way to make one stand out by subtly messing around with their eye configuration?

From the existing images of the original Crystal Ponies, there is only the hornless and wingless one, so I guess it's safe to say that Crystal Ponies have no extra appendages (nothing we know of yet)

Maybe being Crystal Ponies is an extra perk instead of a whole subspecies?

Yeah, I agree, actually. Something also of an evolutionary perk, mayhaps. Since they haven't been around in like 1000 years or so, it'd be pretty hard to keep those traits and/or try to understand them without their presence.

This is freaky indeed. O_O

Was kinda expecting a joke.

Now, could this mean that the ponies are moving to the crystal empire? There is a possibility in that. Don't really think it would affect the show too much if that were to happen.

Could it be that need to become crystal ponies to defeat the villain? I think this is the most likely thing. I think the crystal ponies might have a special power perhaps.

It could be because they just wanted to experience being a crystal pony...kinda random but why not?

My dumb unrelaible memory didn't tell me this.

But yeah, didn't really notice that, but now that we have a general crystal pony design to go by, this could mean a lot. Heck, maybe they use the Elements of Harmony (goodness forbid) to turn into Crystal Ponies to stop the villain,

King Sombra,

from doing whatever bad thing they do in the episodes. Yeah, I'd like to see that.

Oh, and Dash's awesomeness level went from a 1000 to a 13,295,285,990,326. I love her "crystallization" appearance.

• Brohoof 2

I dont like it. The new Dash just doesnt look alot like the speed demon we were used to it looks to much like a Rarity with wings, not in looks but the way its supposed to look so 'fabulous'. Anyway Fluttershy is looking great and she is my Waifu, but I like the generic pony looks better IMO...

• Brohoof 1

This picture does add a lot of new questions to the plate of the new seasons and episodes. I'm wondering why are they crystal ponies, what does Princess Cadence have to do with it, and what's up with the crystal castle in the background? Many questions opened up to me the second I saw this picture. But I will just have to wait till the new season comes out. I am literally counting down the days till season three comes out. So excited for it :D

It could be related to the rumored Crystal Heart. Maybe it gives them a new form when they use it. If the rumored mechanics of that item hold true, then they'll probably turn back to normal once they get back to Equestria.

I don't want to scare anyone, but Hasbro's done this before in other cartoons. In fact, this is about the time in a show's life cycle that the status quo gets shaken up.

Edited by SBaby

HOLY SALMONS AND TURKEY LEGS AND HERSHEY BARS.

So.. There are ponies made out of CRYSTALS?

Well, I didn't see that coming. Maybe there packing bags and moving with Cadence and Shining Armor? I mean, my only other guess is that there are shiny clones of them that plan to kidnap the real mane six and pretend to be them. That's all I got. Other than that, great find!

O O

/

___

wow that is mine blowing... w what's going on here?

Do I want to know?

Is it going to be a permanent thing?

Is it just a temporary thing?

WHAT IS IT!!!

Applebloom: but I wana know NOOW

We have a leaked scene that suggest otherwise

It could be related to the rumored Crystal Heart. Maybe it gives them a new form when they use it.

I don't want to scare anyone, but Hasbro's done this before in other cartoons. In fact, this is about the time in a show's life cycle that the status quo gets shaken up.

We already have one leaked image that suggests no such change.

Posted Image

http://www.equestria...ame-or-fan.html

Looks like the status quo isn't going to change that much. Besides, how would the show justify all the mane characters giving up their jobs/dreams and leave Ponyville.

Edited by brian577

When I first saw this, I just thought that they got their manes like that for the crystal fair they were making for them and just wanted to blend in a little more for them. I did not see the eye thing. That is a new one. So it could just be Twilights magic at work here. Still who knows.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

OOOOOOO MY GEEEERD. Maybe if they want to enter the Crystal Kingdom they have to be crystal ponies or something... I dont really know though, Maybe they are just copies of the main six.

Or its just for the cover, maybe they wanted to make it look better or something.

http://www.equestria...ame-or-fan.html

Looks like the status quo isn't going to change that much. Besides, how would the show justify all the mane characters giving up their jobs/dreams and leave Ponyville.

Who said they had to permanently leave Ponyville? Coming into contact with the Crystal Heart might be enough to trigger the change. And it could be temporary, or it could be permanent.

But Hasbro has changed character appearances to sell toys in the past. Remember Trans-Metals?

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Who said they had to leave Ponyville? It might just be a one-time deal. But Hasbro has gone to extremes to sell toys in the past. Remember Trans-Metals?

MLP is currently one of the top selling brands. You don't typically shake the status quo up if sales are good and I doubt they would want to risk alienating their new demographic too much. Besides, they had a toy line for A Canterlot Wedding and they didn't make whole show about weddings did they?

• Brohoof 1