Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something freaky about the Crystal Ponies in Season 3! [Warning: Spoilers!]

Blitz

MLP is currently one of the top selling brands. You don't typically shake the status quo up if sales are good and I doubt they would want to risk alienating their new demographic too much.

This is the company that killed Optimus Prime in the 1986 animated Transformers movie in an attempt to push a new generation of toys. While I doubt any characters are ever going to be killed outright in a My Little Pony series (ok, there was one that was killed; alright two), beyond that I wouldn't put anything past them.

I must have done some crystal meth, because I see a crystallized Mane 6. Not too certain on how I feel about it yet though. Basically, I am in waiting mode at this point. This could be an interesting direction, emphasis on could be, but it does look like a potential drastic change.

If it is just that, a drastic change, then my opinion may change quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

This can mean only one thing! That the MLP team is secretly making a massive army of Crystal ponies to takeover the world and fill it with rainbows of death and set up total domination over us, but they needed some strong leaders, so they turned the Mane 6 into Crystal Ponies as well.....WE'RE ALL DOOMED!

Posted Image

Edited by The Awesome One
  • Brohoof 2

Behold, fabulousity given mortal flesh

Posted Image

The other five was given a simple hairdo, even the fluffy Pinkie only got a hairband and a shine. Seems like Hasbro is after something here

It seems Rainbow Dash decided to leave some colours out of her mane, hmm?

I'm curious to where this is going, not to mention when it's gonna air :angry:

It seems Rainbow Dash decided to leave some colours out of her mane, hmm?

I'm curious to where this is going, not to mention when it's gonna air :angry:

If the rumor is correct...

Hasbro politics aside, I'd wager that this is probably a temporary change in their appearance, brought about by the Crystal Heart when its energy is unleashed. This makes sense, because they would be the closest to it when it happened, so they'd get the full force of the energy wave. It's logical that something that huge would cause a temporary change in their appearance, especially since the object was specifically designed to mintain the Crystal Ponys' shine. Does this change bring about new powers or abilities? That, I cannot answer. But either way, it would be enough to warrant a line of toys based on it, so that's probably what Hasbro's going for.

This is of course, if the rumor and picture are correct. There's always the possibility that it could be completely mistaken or a hoax and something else could happen.

Edited by SBaby

I noticed this when the spoiler came out. I honestly want to know why there is a crystal pony version of the mane 6. Then again, it could be another poorly designed cover.

I had noticed the hexagonal eye sparkles (or whatever they are called) and the shine to their manes, but I hadn't seen the DVD cover before, or at least hadn't taken a very close look at it. I think that if there is a change, It will be temporary. They don't look like evil doppelgangers, so I'm guessing they will be affected by the Crystal Kingdom's magic for a little bit.

That or they found all of the crystal skulls and aligned them at the temple at the moment of the Apocalypse and became the 6 horsemen. But I doubt it.

If they changed all the mane 6 to crystal ponies and moved them to the crystal kingdom that would be the moment when im like, screw this and I never watch the show again. Unless they change them back after episode 2 and they live in ponyville again.

This looks like a drastic change. TOO GIRLY! Hasbro, WHY? You had to change Dashie! She was perfect! Now, she really DOES look like a lesbo!

Posted Image

EDIT: FINE, I could accept the look of Dash for the two-parter, but if this is a permanent change, then: FUCK YOU HASBRO! YOU'VE FUCKED US OVER!

Edited by StefanSreto
  • Brohoof 1

Actually the one thing I like about the crystal ponies is their cutie marks. They seem to be different and in some ways more intricate than the background ponies in the equestria area.

I certainly don't want them to permanently change the mane 6 and I don't think they will. That would be to big of a risk to the overall fanbase and selling of the toys and the such. Its simply to big of a risk, however I wouldn't be surprised if they are somehow changed to crystal ponies for a while during the episode.

You know, their could be any number of meanings and if the status quo does not change and the cutie mark crusaders get their marks eventually, we will all lose intrest eventually anyway so....

Change is okay(if it is done right)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they changed all the mane 6 to crystal ponies and moved them to the crystal kingdom that would be the moment when im like, screw this and I never watch the show again. Unless they change them back after episode 2 and they live in ponyville again.

I'm pretty sure that if they do indeed change their forms, it will only be temporary. Probably for one episode, two at the most. Once they get back to Ponyville, things will probably go back to normal.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. They made Rainbow all sparkly and the others as plain as sliced bread. Is this more bias? *irritated Clarity mode on*

Also, AJ seems to be in the background again. Yeah, I saw the DVD long ago, and this still bugs me now. -_-

Now now clarity AJ's time will come (:

Also RD's new look doesn't really seem to suit her. I'm guessing there must of been some sort if resistance before she agree to keep her new look.

In the end I'd rather have Rainbow getting the high class make over then Twilight :)

• Brohoof 1

Oh my...that is a cool thing you spotted there, but....

Posted Image

However, I don't think the mane six have turned into Crystal Ponies. Hasbro/ The creators wouldn't ruin a show like that. I think that maybe they might stay in the Crystal Empire for a while, but after that they'll move back to Ponyville. I think their just on a mission to save the empire. Otherwise that would be terrible! :( But maybe they just put the mane six like that just for the DVD cover. In the Crystal Fair song, Twilight and the rest of the mane six seem normal, and don't have shiny hair or any of the Crystal pony stuff. So we may be safe there.

But, in the mean time, this could possibly all be made by

Posted Image

'

• Brohoof 1

I am literally counting down the days till season three comes out. So excited for it :D

Lol, that would be me. I wrote in one of my school books "14 days until season 3" and I change the countdown everyday. ^_^

As I already said - DASHIE IS NOW TOO GIRLY :(

Likely Theory categorization.

1. Temporary due to Crystal Heart exposure or other such phenomena related to Crystal Empire. Cadence's may be more permanent or at least long lasting due to magic connection.

2. Playing dress-up with magic.

3. It's eye magic to fake retinal scans to have the Crystal Ponies not see them as spies.

4. Robots! Changelings! Robotic Changelings! Evil doppelgangers! Robotic evil doppelganger Changelings!

5. Trollestiatic staff and bad DVD cover. Apparently it was easier to recycle different models.

Likely Theory categorization.

1. Temporary due to Crystal Heart exposure or other such phenomena related to Crystal Empire. Cadence's may be more permanent or at least long lasting due to magic connection.

2. Playing dress-up with magic.

I'm thinking it's connected to the Crystal Heart too. Whether it's permanent or temporary, this does seem like the logical explanation.

Of course, it could indeed be a costume of sorts (though one wonders how their eyes got the crystal gleam to them if it's a costume).

The only other explanation is that these are prototype designs for other characters. But Hasbro isn't normally one to ignore sales plugs, and what better way to plug a new line of toys than to have the main characters in the show don a form representing it?

Edited by SBaby

WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:This is what I think, It all has something to do with this King guy that was mentioned by the crystal ponies in the teaser trailer. The mane 6 does something to do with turning into crystal ponies temporarily to vanquish this King mentioned