Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Unofficial Fanfic Contest!

Clarity

EDIT 11/02: Two have dropped out, but we have received the first entry! Earlier the fic, less the harshness. So hop to it!

EDIT 10/24: Standby spots are filled, and no one else may sign up anymore. Details given on page 3.

EDIT 10/23: All spots are filled! However, you may still sign up on the standby list! :)

EDIT 10/23: If I brohoof your post, you are accepted! One more judge is needed as I'm the host, so I don't count. :P All judge spots are filled.

EDIT 10/21: If all spots are filled up and you still want to enter, you can be on the standby list! If someone doesn't register their fanfic, they will be removed and you can participate.

Inspired by the 500 word fanfic contest a few months ago.

Hi, guys. As I wrote above, this fanfic contest was inspired by the 500 word fanfic contest that Ashbad hosted during August. I've always wanted to participate in one of those as well, so I decided to make my own contest. Yes, I know there are community bonding contests that are unfinished and pretty much inactive (which is why I created this). So, yeah! I hope many people will participate! :)

This fanfic contest's topic will be shipping.

HOLD IT! I know some of you immediately decided to exit this topic because of the word "shipping!" The shipping can be anything. Regular romance or just really good friends, doesn't matter. Just measure out the relationship between two ponies, because that's what you'll be judged upon.

Word limit is at most 2,500 words, and at least 1,000 words. If it's somewhere around 2,500 more or less, that's fine.

Any tag will be fine. Comedy, dark, whatever--it doesn't matter.

There will be possibly 3-4 rounds when deciding winners. It will include voting, judging by the judges, moderation through FiMfiction.net, etc.

You'll be judged on:

- How well you flesh out the two characters' relationship. Friendship, romance, anything--make it really shine!

- Grammar, conventions, etc.

- Does the story match the tag well? If you put comedy as a tag, is the story funny?

- Creativity. Did you use an overused idea? Be original!

Rules:

1.) No copying, stealing ANY story and claim it as your own.

2.) No late entries will be accepted.

3.) It has to be related to shipping.

4.) Have fun, because that's usually the last rule, so yeah. :D

Participants

1.) Lightning Fluttershy

2.) Sir Dusty Soul

3.) Shadow Stalker

4.) Sneaky

5.) Viridi RaccoonBL

6.) LightRaider

7.) Elijordo

8.) Raindancer

9.) SolarWind

10.) Dsanders17

11.) TailsAlone

12.) Duece

13.) Captain McMuffin

14.) Toothless the Night Fury

15.) TheLionPaladin

16.) Oddgob

Standby list:

1.) TailsAlone - Participate number 11

2.) My little pwny

3.) TheBreech

Judges:

1.) Clarity - I'll be the host, so I will be the only one who knows who registered which fanfic. All the other judges will have fics graded anonymously.

2.) Sugar Plum

3.) ynomir50

4.) Rainbow Dashey

5.) SorteKanin

6.) MrAwesomeness

Here are all the details y'all are eager for!

Due date is November 7th UTC+8. Send them in before that time or your entry will not be counted!

After you completed your fic, send a PM to me with a link to either FiMfiction.net or Google Docs. If you can't access either of those, sorry; we won't accept emails.

The word limit may not bypass 2,500 or be under 1,000. More or less are fine. But please keep in mind that people would have to read almost all of those 15+ entries and sparing them some time would be good.

Send to me with this form:

Name:

Link to the fic:

And I will PM you back with a number. Since voting is anonymous, nobody else should know which number is whose entry.

Remember: PM ME ONLY. Don't post your fic in the thread, because it'll be easier for us to follow up with.

Any questions, PM or quote me on this thread.

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 12

I'd like to enter, but first, when is the due date?

If it's really soon then let someone else take my spot in the contest, I'm already working on two fics.

If there is at least TWO weeks then I'm definitely wanting to participate.

• Brohoof 1

Worth a shot. Looks like I'm not completely out of the fanfic writing game after all. Anyway, I especially like the shipping part. As a romantic, this shall be interesting.

Entering by the way.

Edited by Viridi RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to enter, but first, when is the due date?

I'll tell everyone after Oct 24, but I'll give you all at least two weeks to finish it. You can start now if you want.

As much as I'd like to participate, I lack general writing skills. I'll read them for sure though! Excited to see this one.

Would you like to be a judge? :) Or are you just reading them?
  • Brohoof 1

Even though it's been a fair while since the end of Ashbad's contest, I don't have the time nor motivation these days to focus on making fanfics, sadly. If I did though, just between you me and the forum, it'd be Bubble BerryXButterscotch B)

Good luck to everyone participating :3 Hope to see some interesting works.

• Brohoof 2

I'll tell everyone after Oct 24, but I'll give you all at least two weeks to finish it. You can start now if you want.

Alright that sounds great to me, I'll be getting something together.

Well I can judge if you don't have someone you feel that is more qualified. So... if there is a spot open B)

EDIT: So yes I am entering the contest

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

Judging? Quite the responsibility......You know what, sure I'll give it a shot, since I'm reading them anyways. YOLO. Put me on the list!

• Brohoof 1

Well I can judge if you don't have someone you feel that is more qualified. So... if there is a spot open

Sure thing. ;) You can't be both though, so you'll have to decide before Oct 24, which is plenty of time! :) Seems like you're a good fanfic writer, I would like to see you participate, but whatever you choose will be fine.

I almost had to decline when Shipping was mentioned, but since you said friendship counts; I'll be more than happy to join.

I placed second in the 500 word fanfic contest, so I'd be more than happy to try my luck again (I'm shooting for first this time baby!)

Hey, since Chaotic Discord isn't participating, maybe I'll stand a chance this time around :P

Sign me up.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

Sure thing. ;) You can't be both though, so you'll have to decide before Oct 24, which is plenty of time! :) Seems like you're a good fanfic writer, I would like to see you participate, but whatever you choose will be fine.

Actually I think I should pick judge. I would love to participate as a contestant, but I know people out there have much more shipping experience than I do. So I'd love to see what the authors come up with and I can help judge accordingly.
  • Brohoof 1

define shipping'.

Shipping is when two characters in a fandom are paired together in a relationship; canon or non canon. Example, some people like to believe Rainbow Dash and Soarin will get together, this is the Rainbow Dash X Soarin ship.

Shipping can also mean a really strong, non romantic friendship.

Shipping is when two characters in a fandom are paired together in a relationship; canon or non canon. Example, some people like to believe Rainbow Dash and Soarin will get together, this is the Rainbow Dash X Soarin ship.

Shipping can also mean a really strong, non romantic friendship.

Oh okay. I've often seen that term used, and I'm glad I actually know what it means now.

As for the contest, sign me up! I've already got some ideas brewing!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

First, deadline. I need to know how long I have to create a story, etc...

As I said, due date will be revealed after Oct 24th, so nopony feels too comfortable. ;3

Already writing a shipfic between Big Macintosh and Rarity, but the first chapter disqualifies myself, since it's 4900 words. Ah well.

You can shorten it or start a new one. If you want :)

Anyway, thanks to all who joined! I didn't expect anyone to even bother with this thread :P

Edited by Clarity

Good luck to all the writers! :)

I'm looking forward to reading some short shipfics, give it your best shot!

I'm not really for writing myself but I love reading stuff, espeicially pony fanfics. I've read quite a lot of those if I should say so myself :)

ERM, is it too late for me to join?

Cuz I'd, you know, really like to.

I can write some really weird shipfics :3

Anyways, yeah, and stuff.

• Brohoof 1

ERM, is it too late for me to join?

Cuz I'd, you know, really like to.

I can write some really weird shipfics :3

Anyways, yeah, and stuff.

Sure thing. You are accepted! ;)

By the way, to anyone else who wants to sign up: if I brohoofed your post, I have accepted you! Only two more days now. :)

Bumping, because people don't seem to notice this thread...it's going to the back and being lost :(

Still two days to sign up! 7 spots open!

Sure thing. You are accepted! ;)

By the way, to anyone else who wants to sign up: if I brohoofed your post, I have accepted you! Only two more days now. :)

Bumping, because people don't seem to notice this thread...it's going to the back and being lost :(

Still two days to sign up! 7 spots open!

Okay, i know people have asked this before, but can we have a due date?

PWWWEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE?

Oh c'mon, i know you won't tell me, although it would be nice.

Sigh. Fall break, why do you have to end?

• Brohoof 1

Okay, i know people have asked this before, but can we have a due date?

PWWWEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE?

Oh c'mon, i know you won't tell me, although it would be nice.

Sigh. Fall break, why do you have to end?

Due date will be revealed tomorrow, when signups are over. :) Just to pressure you guys for a bit...

We need more people now! 7 spots open! Please please please please please! :(

• Brohoof 1