Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Unofficial Fanfic Contest!

Clarity

if you hosted a contest just on fan fics (no character limit) than I would have entered. I had an idea of making a 400 chapter fan fic. But, it would take to long to write. But seriously, I would have entered, I just am too busy

400 chapter long.

rrriiiiggghht.

With each chapter being like 100 words right?

That would take way to long to write, just for a silly little contest.

If you want alot of people to join then you might want more than 15 spots for the contest, but for now I'll go on standby, I would really like to be in this. I just need to clear up one thing, I have an idea that involes one of my OCs would that be alright? Or does it have to be canon characters?

Edited by TheBreech
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a question: I know my story probably won't be accepted into the contest, but can the standby's have honorable mentions per-chance?

They will be read if someone on the participants list did not submit their fic. If, though, they did, then you and the other stand-bys's fics will be read after the contest. So, yes, there will be honorable mentions. ^-^

If you want alot of people to join then you might want more than 15 spots for the contest, but for now I'll go on standby, I would really like to be in this. I just need to clear up one thing, I have an idea that involes one of my OCs would that be alright? Or does it have to be canon characters?

That's fine! You won't be judged upon the shipping. You'll be judged on how well you flesh out two ponies' relationships. :)

@@Lightning Fluttershy,

@,

@,

@@Sneaky,

@,

@@LightRaider,

@,

@@RainDancer,

@,

@,

@@Ganaram Inukshuk,

@,

@,

@@Toothless the Night Fury,

@@TheLionPaladin,

@,

@@My little pwny,

@@TheBreech,

Here are all the details y'all are eager for!

Due date is November 7th UTC+8. Send them in before that time or your entry will not be counted!

After you completed your fic, send a PM to me with a link to either FiMfiction.net or Google Docs. If you can't access either of those, sorry; we won't accept emails.

The word limit may not bypass 2,500 or be under 1,000. More or less are fine. But please keep in mind that people would have to read almost all of those 15+ entries and sparing them some time would be good.

Send to me with this form:

Name:

Link to the fic:

And I will PM you back with a number. Since voting is anonymous, nobody else should know which number is whose entry.

Remember: PM ME ONLY. Don't post your fic in the thread, because it'll be easier for us to follow up with.

Any questions, PM or quote me on this thread.

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 9

The word limit may not bypass 2,500 or be under 1,000. More or less are fine. But please keep in mind that people would have to read almost all of those 15+ entries and sparing them some time would be good.

If it is 40 word over. Is that okay as you said more or less is fine so is 40 words okay or do i need to start cutting bits out of it.
  • Brohoof 1

I have a question. So they have to already be in a relationship? It can't be about how they got into a relationship to begin with?

I think any kind of creation or development of any kind of relationship (romantic or not) qualifies as shipping. As long as it's about a relationship, it's shipping in my book :)

Any questions

Why are you ignoring Oddgob? He clearly stated that he wished to participate back when there was seven slots still available. I honestly have no idea how one could interpret his post as sarcasm; it was as straightforward as I've ever seen.

Not only did you dismiss his first post, but you simply ignored his second, despite his conformation that his prior post was sincere, and his expression of confusion regarding his standing.

I can attest to Oddgob's skill as a wordsmith, and to watch him be neglected in this way is very disappointing. I invited him to the forum, and this is hardly the warm reception I had anticipated.

• Brohoof 1

I think any kind of creation or development of any kind of relationship (romantic or not) qualifies as shipping. As long as it's about a relationship, it's shipping in my book :)

I know about shipping yes. I was just confused because people were talking about how it should be about how well you show their relationship which sounded like it had to be about them being already in a relationship. I just needed some clarity...

You can take that both as a pun or not.

Sarcasm? No; I can indeed construct sentences, strange as that may seem. I did, in fact, sign up -- formally even. My spot rendered forfeit, I am left in a state of wonderment.

I apologize; I interpreted your post as sarcasm and usually just ignore trolls. :P This is my first time as a host of a contest.

Anyway, if you still want to be a participant, quote me back on this thread.

400 chapter long.

rrriiiiggghht.

With each chapter being like 100 words right?

That would take way to long to write, just for a silly little contest.

Not for the contest, just in general. I wouldn't make that long a fan fic just for a contest, I'm not that crazy. Maybe the book would be 100 chapters, but, maybe not 400. It is a sad fan fic, so, there is a reason why it is so long.

Im trying really hard not to turn this story completely strange as I often do. I think I have the hang of it. Question: How exactly does the scoring work?

Take your time. ;) Shipping stories are often strange--well, all stories are often strange, which makes them normal... :blink:

And the judging will be scoring like 8/10 and stuff like that. However, those details were only given to judges, sorry.

(edited)

Since I can't apply to submit writings anymore at this point, can I still jump in for something else, like judge?

Sorry; all spots taken. You may still read the fics though ;)

ATTENTION TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. REMINDER that your fic is due in 10 days! And stop changing your names. >_<

@@Lightning Fluttershy,

@,

@,

@@Sneaky,

@,

@@LightRaider,

@,

@@RainDancer,

@,

@,

@@Ganaram Inukshuk,

@,

@,

@@TheLionPaladin,

@,

@@My little pwny,

@@TheBreech,

@@Oddgob,

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 4

ATTENTION TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. REMINDER that your fic is due in 10 days!

Well... It would probably be a good idea for me to start then... Like soon would be a good time... But I'm such a procrastinator... Yeah I guess I'll start... :P
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry; all spots taken. You may still read the fics though ;)

ATTENTION TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. REMINDER that your fic is due in 10 days! And stop changing your names. >_<

@@Lightning Fluttershy,

@,

@,

@@Sneaky,

@[member=CupcakeMaker RaccoonBL],

@@LightRaider,

@,

@@RainDancer,

@,

@,

@@Ganaram Inukshuk,

@,

@,

@@TheLionPaladin,

@,

@@My little pwny,

@@TheBreech,

@@Oddgob,

You said we can submit them early, right?

Well... It would probably be a good idea for me to start then... Like soon would be a good time... But I'm such a procrastinator... Yeah I guess I'll start... :P

Lololol im almost done with mine. I started on it as soon as I was registered in the contest.
  • Brohoof 1

Shoot. I suppose I'll have to be the first one to drop out.

It's just been waaaayyyy too long since I wrote my last story (Almost a year to this date. >.<), and I simply don't have the time to allocate to this. Between school, and the various RPs I'm in, it's just too much for me.

Too bad, because I had a great idea between Clarity and AJ. >.< Not to influence any of the other writers around here, but it involved stories, and tales passed along generations in a family.

I haven't even put down a stroke of a key about it, but I might as well give the people on the standby list some more time to write. No point I should take up a space if I don't take this as a priority.

I still may write the story. It just may not be done before the deadline.

To wrap up, thank you judges and Clarity for taking the time to accept me, and I wish everyone else in the contest good luck! I'll be following this to see who takes 1st! ^.^

• Brohoof 1

Too bad, because I had a great idea between Clarity and AJ.

WHY YOU--

Posted Image

... :(

The first and only ClariJack fic...gone...

My heart is filled with sorrow...and my palette will sing

My tears will fill a lake...and....

• Brohoof 7

Caps and Rage

I still may write the story. It just may not be done before the deadline.

Sorry Clarity. I just need more time. XD

And, like I said above, I still may write it up! Winter Break's coming up in a few short months, which would give me plenty of time and inspiration to do it. XD

But, for now, I just need a little less stress in my life. =P You said this was for fun, right? XD

• Brohoof 2

No sweat, Toothless. Real life vs. ponies is a constant battle. We'd love to see your fic as soon as it's done, though. (In the meantime, Clarity, if you like the epic Clarity/AJ pairing so much you could write it yourself...wink wink nudge nudge.)

*Ahem.* Well. Since I was the first to join the reserve list, does this make me...

Posted Image

...A muffin?! Oops, wrong image.

Posted Image

NOOOOOOO!!

Must get to work before I'm eaten. :blink:

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1