Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies got me teary, it does have a rather sad back story, of a boy who lost his family to a warplane crashing onto his home, also the loss of Yellow four, and the final kill that shot down Yellow thirteen, the cut scenes were done very well, and it compelled me to fight on as Mobius one. 

I bought the game on impulse now :P For anyone who wants to try it out, the game is on sale of steam for today! 

It's not a long game, but I'd say it's definitely worth it. Play it with a 360 pad if possible, the way the controls work with it actually add to the experience, it's really hard to explain how, but the game definitely loses something using a keyboard :)

The Last of Us, it really had so many feels to it that the perfect combination occurred.

Mother 3 brought me to tears. Even the Medal of Honor (2010) ending was a bit upsetting. The Last of us gave me a feeling too.

Yeessss...TLoU was quite the game. The part that hit me most personally was right at the beginning when

Joel's daughter was shot.

ALL TEH EMOTION, MAN!

• Brohoof 2

As someone who has played an uncountable amount of video games of all sorts, I feel left out for not crying even a single time when I played video games..

Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies got me teary, it does have a rather sad back story, of a boy who lost his family to a warplane crashing onto his home, also the loss of Yellow four, and the final kill that shot down Yellow thirteen, the cut scenes were done very well, and it compelled me to fight on as Mobius one. 

I remember AC4, but Chopper's death in AC5 was even more of a tearjerker... REVENGE WAS HAD. MANY. MANY. TIMES.

My favorite game from my favorite game series, Bioshock 2.

I was able to relate to the story in this weird way... Father and daughter fighting to reunite, while the mother has stopped and nothing to keep them apart.

I cried at the end.

It reminded me of wanting to see my biological father after years, and my mom wouldn't let me. She even lied on many occasions about him to make him seem like worse of a person than he really was.

I started playing Bioshock 2 right around that time.

It's really weird.... Heh......

I just missed him so much.

I don't know what emotion caused me to cry but...

"War, war never changes... But people do, through the roads they walk. And this road has come to an end."

Holy shit...

Just.

It's the perfect equation. The entire lonesome road DLC was a feels rollecoaster for me, with all the references and thoughts and images. It was a beautiful road to walk down, and when it ended... When it was all over. When the epos was resolved and the entire picture finally revealed itself, it was just so beautiful and sad at the same time it made me cry.

Another game that made me cry was Portal II. Kind of the same situation as the Lonesome road DLC. When everything had built up, with wheathley being awesome and funny at first, and then an asshole, I just couldn't help feeling bad for him when he was flung into space.

"Grab me..."

The same thing he said when you first meet. I realised that through the ending song 'want you gone' and that just broke me... Pain in my heart.

I also cried lots of tears of laughter while playing tf2 and dota 2, just because those are silly games and when you are on teamspeak together it just becomes retarded.

Sonic 06. I think the game was really nice but due to all the glitched it just poo'd itself.

Like some levels were really beautiful and well done but the glitches just killed everything

• Brohoof 1

I was a child, but the ending of Hey You, Pikachu made me cry. Pikachu meets a group of other wild pikachus and Oak forces you to leave it. The game makes you to say "goodbye" to Pikachu in the microphone around 5 times and all the while, it's looking at you with a sad face and watery eyes. Then queue the overly happy credits music with a montage!

Watch this ending sequence and imagine you're playing the game as a child. It was heartbreaking, especially since the entire premise of the game was to build up this bond with Pikachu.

Edited by Celtore

Here are a few games that made me cry. I'll order them from most emotionally-affecting to least:

• 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
  • The World Ends With You
  • Okami
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Super Mario World 3: Yoshi's Island (Intro song always makes me shed a tear. The game itself isn't too sad though)

Most of the games I listed (aside from Yoshi's Island) are really story-driven, so it makes sense. Heck, 999 and Phoenix Wright are more visual novels than games.

Edited by jackleapp81

GTA: San Andreas.

Whenever I had to do that lowrider mission all over again, I always burst into tears.

Only a few.

The ending of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 was probably the first game that got me to cry.

The ending of Thomas Was Alone got me to bittersweet tears at the end.

Loved had me crying pretty much the entire time, because that one hit me particularly hard.

The ending of Bastion was another bittersweet one for me.

I remember The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker making me cry, but I can't quite remember why.

The End of Us. Not sure if this one counted as it's hardly a "game", but it definitely hit me hard. If you want to play it, it can be found here. http://www.the-end-of-us.com/ 

Loneliness also made me cry. http://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness 

And finally, the big one, The Walking Dead from Telltale Games.

Edited by Chapien
  • Brohoof 1

The indie horror RPG, Mad Father has a really, really, REALLY, sad story. I don't remember what website I got it from but it is free.

Downloaded it. I watched a video about it some time ago, and it did appeal you. Now that you told us that is has a very sad ending, I am SURE to try it out xD

Everyone, go on with posting your emotions here! Games are a great medium to spread emotions, and everyone should know.

Peace! 

Downloaded it. I watched a video about it some time ago, and it did appeal you. Now that you told us that is has a very sad ending, I am SURE to try it out xD

Everyone, go on with posting your emotions here! Games are a great medium to spread emotions, and everyone should know.

Peace!

Cool! I just thought I should mention that it has multiple endings. The one I was referring to is the "good"/true ending.
  • Brohoof 1