Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Some of my favorite games are one that evoke an emotional response, so I can think of a few games that made me tear up. The oldest I can remember would be Legend of Dragoon when Lavitz died. At that time, permanent character death in games was foreign concept to me so that came as a major shock that he was gone for good (also helped that he was one of the strongest party members).

The Zero Escape Series (999 and Virtue's Last Reward) had multiple moments that made me cry, but two stand out because the music that plays during these scenes only further enhanced the already sad mood. I'll just leave these here to make my point.

Then there was the tale of AZ from Pokemon X and Y. Yes, I admit I cried for a Pokemon game, and I regret nothing! Most recently, Mass Effect 3 has been making me reach for tissues. I mean, I cried when I lost a few crew members in the second game, but to lose not one, but two of my favorite characters in such a tearjerker way...he was right "Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Ace Attorney - All of them(but mostly Trials and Tribulations)

Super Mario Galaxy - Mostly because of Rosalina's story

Metal Gear Solid - All of them(mostly MGS3)

Tales of Symphonia

Final Fantasy Tactics

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Mother 3

Brothers in Arms - All of them

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

pkmn mystery dungeon explorers of time xP

I bet you haven't tried Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team, moar tears than explorers. :(

These two games are the only games that made me cry, so many feels here.

And forget Gates to Infinity, awful game.

• Brohoof 1

EA made a point and click adventure game based off Bladerunner in the mid 90's that made me cry and feel like a jerk. It had several different endings, to get one you had to kill all of the replicants. Once you defeated their leader he hid in his ship to die. You follow him inside and he recites the most soul crushing poem of loss and hopelessness ever written. I cried so hard at the end, and i felt like a huge asshole for killing them all.

Honestly, Mirror's Edge really got to me, mostly because I can relate to Faith and her cause, and the things that happened in the story that I won't divulge for spoiler purposes. Also, the main track of that game, Still Alive, is such a sad song, but it's so beautiful at the same time.

Sonic Adventure 2

Shadow's death.

Gear of War 3

Dom's death.

Sonic '06

Sonic's death.

Star Fox: Assault

Peppy's "death" and loss of the Great Fox.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. It's so deep and dark for a pokemon game, and the ending is just so sad. The music doesn't help WHATSOEVER. It's emotionally wrenching. Seriously. Explorers is probably the only good installment of the Mystery Dungeons series, and my favorite pokemon game overall, regardless of which subfranchise it's in.

The Last of us made me want to cry but nothing really happened, just a sad, sad ending. Also The Walking Dead by Telltale Games was an amazing game that brought a few tears at the end of season 1, still yet to try out season 2. I'm bracing for it though. 

@Toastie and @Ardhacandra, I have merged both of your topics about games that made you cry into a previously existing topic on the subject. You should search the forum before posting a new topic to make sure that it does not already exist. :) Thanks!

The ending to Croc 2 made me cry. Not only is the scene itself emotional, but it exemplifies the high level of nostalgia I have for that game and what it means to me.