Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Whenever I finish a game, if I liked it I always feel a little bit of sadness. But the two games that have really made me cry are Persona 3 and Earthbound.

In my long and storied career as a gamer, I have never cried at a game's story. Ever. My wife calls me "Spock" for a reason.

That being said, I have definitely become emotionally attached to a game's characters or story. Recent examples being both the story and characters of Bioshock Infinite, and the character of Cortana in the Halo series.

I've cried quite a few times on various games.

Recently I cried when playing The Walking Dead Episode 3... a lot actually. Oh God what I had to do in it.

I've also cried at the endings of two first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games (haven't played the third one yet).

I've cried quite a few times on various games.

Recently I cried when playing The Walking Dead Episode 3... a lot actually. Oh God what I had to do in it.

I've also cried at the endings of two first Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games (haven't played the third one yet).

How did I forget The Walking Dead....I DEFINITELY got emotionally attached to that one. I'd have to say that Episode 5 is one of the times that I've gotten close to actual crying...damn, that game tugs at you...

There are very few games that have made me cry (Movies and books are a completely different story). The ending of ME3 made me cry. It's one of those things that is just so full of badassitude, that it gives me a shiver. The game that really made me shed liquid pride is Gears of War 3 when Dom dies. I played through all of the games and got kinda attached to the characters. It was like losing a brother when Dom kills himself. I cried for about.... 40 minutes I think.

• Brohoof 1

Mass Effect...when I lost squadmates that made me quite upset, because that game really let you craft friendships with characters...and when Mordin died on me.... ;_; The tears flowed that day...

And Halo....When Cortana died... That one hit me alot, cause I've played Halo since I was 6, so for 11 years...I've read all the books and facts and watched FUD....so when the Master Chief...a super Soldier engineered to be stronger then any human...feels sad...you damn well feel it too...

• Brohoof 6

The Walking Dead game by Telltale. ;_; Just...tears. Tears everywhere. Even though Matt and Pat were playing it just...Clem and Lee's relationship was so diabeetus sweet

aughdontleaveherleesheneedsyoujdghjkdhjjfghfdg

huh.png Games I've cried at, let's see... top 3 saddest moments for me would probably be (in no particular order):

(1) The end of Halo 4

(2) The end of Tali's Loyalty Mission in Mass Effect 2 (yes, I'm a Talimancer... she's just so adorable, D'AWWtastic, and simply TOO CUTE not to love!!! wub.png)

(3) Dom's Sad Moments in Gears of War 2 and 3 (not gonna spoil what they are; besides, if you've played those games, you know exactly what I'm talking about and will agree that they're some of the saddest moments of all time in gaming)

Oh man, there are so many. But here are some that almost me me shed liquid pride (Ok, I cried. happy now?) Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Aeris at the end of Disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII, Halo 4, when Cortana sacrifices herself. I could go on and on... 

many games have made me cry. The most significant though is halo 4 (cortana), the walking dead, and mass effect. Those games seem to have the most emotional deaths, thus making me cry :(

I'm gonna be honest here, I laughed at the ending to Halo 4. Chief goes through the whole game wanting to boink a computer, and we're supposed to tear up when Siri dies? Gimme a break. It doesn't help either that Halo 4's general storyline was one of the biggest trainwrecks I've ever witnessed.

Personally, a game that always moves me to manly tears is Spec-Ops: The Line.

Walker goes through the entire game under the delusion that he's some kind of knight in shining armor, only for Konrad's ghost to shatter his bubble at the very end and put everything into perspective.

Konrad's line "It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him" has got to be one of my favorite quotes in all of gaming.

This speaks to me on a much more sincere level than any NPC death scene could, including the plethora of excellent deaths in the Mass Effect series. It gets even sadder if you choose the ending where Walker

is gunned down by his own rescue party.

God, I need to replay that game.

Star_Gazer, on 27 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

many games have made me cry. The most significant though is halo 4 (cortana), the walking dead, and mass effect. Those games seem to have the most emotional deaths, thus making me cry sad.png

Can't speak for Walking Dead, but end of Halo 4, Cortana death? That came from nowhere :C As a long time reader of the books and buyer of the DVDs and whatnot, it saddens me to think that there'll be no more Cortana sass in the rest of the Halo games... And some of the last words she shared with Chief were really heartbreaking.

As for Mass Effect, let me bring back those tears for you with 7 simple words; 'Someone else might have gotten it wrong'. (I cried so hard)

I'm gonna be honest here, I laughed at the ending to Halo 4. Chief goes through the whole game wanting to boink a computer, and we're supposed to tear up when Siri dies? Gimme a break. It doesn't help either that Halo 4's general storyline was one of the biggest trainwrecks I've ever witnessed.

Personally, a game that always moves me to manly tears is Spec-Ops: The Line.

Walker goes through the entire game under the delusion that he's some kind of knight in shining armor, only for Konrad's ghost to shatter his bubble at the very end and put everything into perspective.

Konrad's line "It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him" has got to be one of my favorite quotes in all of gaming.

This speaks to me on a much more sincere level than any NPC death scene could, including the plethora of excellent deaths in the Mass Effect series. It gets even sadder if you choose the ending where Walker

is gunned down by his own rescue party.

God, I need to replay that game.

I agree, halo 4's campaign sucked, but i don't feel it was completely 343's fault. One is they had much higher plans but the xbox could not handle the software, thats why there weren't many human npcs in halo 4. second, they focused too much on the multiplayer in hopes of bringing more players to halo, but they don't realize that halo isn't about the multiplayer, its the plot and the halo universe as whole, and they messed up on that. hopefully they realize that by halo 5.

• Brohoof 1

Kingdom Hearts (DAT ENDING ERMAHGERD)... Final Fantasy X (DAT ENDING ERMAHGERD)...

Think that's about it. I mean, watching MLP has made me cry, but that's different.

I agree, halo 4's campaign sucked, but i don't feel it was completely 343's fault. One is they had much higher plans but the xbox could not handle the software, thats why there weren't many human npcs in halo 4. second, they focused too much on the multiplayer in hopes of bringing more players to halo, but they don't realize that halo isn't about the multiplayer, its the plot and the halo universe as whole, and they messed up on that. hopefully they realize that by halo 5.

I'd like to disagree on this point, the campaign didn't really shine from a gameplay perspective but the story was O.K., admittedly nothing as great as Halo 3, and ODST was one of the best since the characters were, well, just that; characters. They each had their own personalities adn stories that you discovered as the game went on. But the Halo 4 was by no means filler plot that the multiplayer could squat on, and the decision to kill off the second protagonist couldn't have been one made lightly. It just leads me to think they're paving the way to something greater with Halo 5. If you'd read Karen Traviss' book Glasslands, a lot of the Halo 4 plot (and Spartan Ops) was set up then, and that happens to be one of my favourite Halo books biggrin.png

(edited)

Well I had tears of joy/serenity at the end of Journey. That game was something else.

GoW 2 Dom and Maria scene was also a gut wretcher. That's probably one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Halo 4 when Cortana dies. Most probably didn't but that scene connected with me on a deeper level.

The end of Mass Effect 3 before it was fixed. How could Bioware do that.

First time I saw the end of Dead Space 2 when Isaac accepted his death.

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1

Well I had tears of joy/serenity at the end of Journey. That game was something else.

GoW 2 Dom and Maria scene was also a gut wretcher. That's probably one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Halo 4 when Cortana dies. Most probably didn't but that scene connected with me a deeper level.

The end of Mass Effect 3 before it was fixed. How could Bioware do that.

First time I saw the end of Dead Space 2 when Isaac excepted his death.

The end of ME3 was so sad... Not because of what happened plot wise, but due to the fact that it actually made it into the game in the first place! Hah! Though most of the game leading up to that point was pretty gut-wrenching as well, admittedly. And I have a friend who downright refuses to believe Cortana is actually dead, wish I had her enthusiasm tongue.png

There are two occasions I know for sure:

Mother 3's ending

That whole business with Claus offing himself was too much for me.

The Walking Dead's ending

Then there were those that made me really sad but I don't think I actually cried. I probably just got teary eyed.

Persona 3 FES's ending

I was like "No... No! Don't you dare shut your eyes!" sad.png They were dropping hints at the end but I just did't want to believe it. 

MGS2

Emma Emmerich's death. And Otacon didn't grant her very last wish either...

Two games, The first being The Walking Dead. A game that can bring anyone no matter how manly, to tears.

And the second being:

Pokemon: Red Rescue Team 

The sequel I didn't cry in, but I did nearly cry when Grovyle went back to the Future. The first one is just so much more emotional, even though it had less character development.  I dunno, It's just Gardevoir is much more memorable than Grovyle to me. And man, THAT MUSIC IN SKY TOWER IS THE BEST

Ah I already love this thread.

As a quick background check I've been through a lot of messed up things that others would give up on so my willpower and emotions are like a steel wall now. I've played many games including the ones mentioned here. To The Moon was mediocre and a bad game to me. The Walking Dead was meh, couldn't get attached to it. However, there was one game that made me cry, literally. And it is one of the most unexpected games you'll ever think of.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky: Grovyle's and Dusknoir's story
That stuff was deep yo' in fact, all of the PMMD were emotional for me, twas a great game series I wish they would continue.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

One that made me tear up was metro last light in axe you don't know the story it's a nuclear holocaust basically and people live in the metros in Russia now, anyway on the surface which a gas mask is needed you come across a plane with your partner and you get mysterious flash backs of how the missiles were flying and the pilots are screaming and you can hear the families screaming in the back of the plane.

Games that made my cry after spending hours of

freaking playing them and doing every little thing...

FFX:  I spent a lot of time on this game and i still love it,  the ending was romance but bitter

which made me cry..

KH2:  Many hours of play,  like the darker tones.

Okami:  Parts of the game had a darker theme...