Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (original) got to me. The ending anyways.

The walking dead game, with Lee and Clementine. That ending...dang.

Kingdom hearts 358/2 days also got to me. It has some sad stuff happen in the end.

The Walking Dead

Oh my god... ;_; those two had been through so many adventures... I was starting to actually give a damn about Clementine in episode 2.

The ending... also I shed a tear when Kenny died.

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVA!

The ending of Red Dead Redemption was really sad, pretty much the entirety of Silent Hill 2 is crushingly depressing, in a good way, and Shadow of the Colossus is pretty good in that regard too.

The ending... also I shed a tear when Kenny died.

Hello, someone who hasn't played The Walking Dead here.

The saddest story... That made me cry.... In games...

Super Metroid.

Why? The Baby Metroid, in the end, sacrifices himself for Samus.

When I played as a little kid, I didn't understand.

But, a few weeks ago, I cried for ten minutes...

I will never play that game again to that part. ;-;

(edited)

Hello, someone who hasn't played The Walking Dead here.

I'm an idiot...

I thought you said that I never played The Walking Dead I posted a video how Kenny died.....

I'm such an idiot xD sorry :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp:

Edited by RedStorm

I'm an idiot...

I thought you said that I never played The Walking Dead I posted a video how Kenny died.....

I'm such an idiot xD sorry derpy_emoticon2.pngderpy_emoticon2.pngderpy_emoticon2.pngderpy_emoticon2.png

Well, I didn't even see what you posted before, so, forget about it. Yes, I meant that I haven't played it before, and you posted a spoiler, a rather significant one if I'm not mistaken. Too late now I guess, I can't un-read it.

This is quite tough.

Off the top of my head:

A few examples from the game that stood out for me:

Half Life 2: Episode 2

Eli Vance's death at the end of the game. If you haven't already played it then go play it. Its been a whole 6 years and Episode 3 won't be coming out anytime soon. Its a real downer way to end the game and it sets up nicely for the sequel.

Final Fantasy 2

Tellah's story and character and his sacrifice using his life force to cast Meteo trying to kill Golbez.

Palom and Porom turning themselves into stone to save your party from getting crushed by the walls.

Final Fantasy 6

The poisoning of Doma Kingdom and the death of Cyan's king and family and his subsequent guilt over the tragedy.

Terra bidding farewell to her Esper father at the end.

Locke trying to resurrect his dead girlfriend.

Shadow's past.

General Leo's death.

Hell the entire ending with the character flashbacks was very touching and had lots of hints of emotion. I'm a hardcore fan for Final Fantasy 6 (it being my most favorite out of all Final Fantasies)

Tales of Phantasia

The destruction of the player's hometown Toltus early on really hits the player hard early on. But its the destruction of Hamel later on that really makes you shed a few tears.

Also the revelation of Dhaos' actual intentions does invoke quite a bit of guilt and soul searching for many. Overall though both Final Fantasies and Tales of Phantasia had really exceptional and emotional soundtracks, despite being 8 bit and SNES.

I'm surprised how many people found the walking dead sad from reading this, I never found the ending to that game that sad, but the could just be because I didn't care that much for Clementine as a character. Also awesome to see that this post is still going, brohoofs to all!  :catface:

Definitely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Sky (I don't know why, but i just hate to admit that for some reason...)

Then we have Nuzlocke challenges for pokémon. But that doesn't have anything to do with the story.

I love Nuzlocke challenges, but hate them at the same time... I've never completed one without crying (I always grow so attached to one Pokemon, then it just dies)

• Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy 9 was one that I forgot to mention. So many times did that catch me off guard with SUDDEN EMOTION. Seriously, Vivi going into Trance against Black Waltz was just... HERK. And then Bermucia. The Eidolon Wall. The black mage village. Everything that happened on Gaia. Alexander versus The Invincible. Beatrix redeeming herself. Hell, even the antagonist had a semi happy ending. Jesus, thinking back on it, the majority of that game was soul crushing.

And here I had thought 10 was the tearjerker on the franchise.

Red Dead Redemption. And that was even after the end was spoiled for me. Just...Ow. I have never taken as much sheer vindictive pleasure in hunting a man down...Only to have the moment of retribution spoiled by the realization that it doesn't matter because he already won a long time ago and there was no returning from it.

That said, Bioshock Infinite brought a very different form of tears...The tears of rage and sheer unbridled horror. There was a point of no return late in the game where I spent five minutes or so desperately trying to find a way out, to go back to before everything fell apart...Because what I'd already found terrified me (I was actually trembling and wide-eyed) and whatever lay ahead could be worse. And it was...

And of course, The Walking Dead. I played through basing my choices on Lee as I envisioned he would act as opposed to how I would act. That meant a lot of fence-sitting, neutral votes, desperately trying to keep the peace and hold everyone together. Well...Try to please everyone, and you end up pleasing no one. Hit a lot of tearjerking ordeals there. I'll be starting a second run soon with my own choices running things...

Not quite tears but something about watching a man suicide by putting a rifle in his mouth (The Darkness) hit me pretty hard.

There isn't too many games which make me emotional, but the ending to Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team almost made me cry. It was quite emotional because of the bond formed between you and your partner.

Red Dead Redemption also made me sad, despite the fact that I kinda spoiled the ending for myself, it still came as a surprise. 

The Walking Dead ending. With Clem and Lee.

Also Floods death in Super Mario Sunshine. It was so sad! But he is in the ending credits in the pictures of the vacation so i am not sure if he died or not.

The Last Of Us made me cry when Sarah died. Although the ending, was sorta lame honestly. :3 

I honestly think that's it, because most of the video games I play are survival games and well, they don't make me cry. 

Halo 4's ending becuase the departed of Contra made my cry becuase I knew her character for over 10 years including Halo 1.It was really sad,but I didn't sad tears until the new version of "Never Forget" played during the credits which made me cry because it fitted so well.

Like a couple other people, Red Dead Redemption is probably my favorite Xbox 360 game. The ending to it just made me tear up, which no movie has ever made me do!!! Obviously as a Rockstar game the story is really long, so you have a LOT of time to connect with him.

If you haven't played the game.....really?........But seriously, if you haven't played it, SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS

The way they show him finally getting to be with his family, it was kinda heartwarming. But then the BUCKING PIECE OF S*** feds just completely disregard the promise that they would leave him alone!!!!!! They charge in and John does the best he can to protect his family, and succeeds!!!! But unfortunately can not save himself....Just the way they showed him get destroyed from around 20 rifle shots at the same time!!!! It just broke my heart.

Also Im crazy to play The Last of Us, but with the PS4 coming in about 6 months, is it really worth getting a PS3?

This game didnt make me cry,but I had the most feels for it than any other game I played.It's call of duty............................................Just kidding It's actually The legend of zelda,and the twilight princess.I love how the darkness,and how the characters had connected toward each other.

There isn't too many games which make me emotional, but the ending to Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team almost made me cry. It was quite emotional because of the bond formed between you and your partner.

Is it bad if I honestly never cared about the bond between you and your partner in that game? The "final" dungeon, the Sky Tower, was just the icing on the cake, since his AI was SO BAD he tried attacking Ghost-type Pokemon through walls which of course didn't work and then he'd die and I'd be kicked back to the base and... urgh. I honestly was glad when the game ended and yelled at my DS when my guy was like "I want to go back..."