Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Heavy rain.This game is so emotional. (i didn't cry but teared up)

The game has multiple possible endings, but i chose to go for the best one (beneficial to all the characters)

I finished the whole game in a chain 12 hour duration. (stopped 15 minutes to eat)

And the best parts are when you play as the dad (Ethan for all of you who know)

And how he cries after he finds the corpse of his son D:

I highly recommend this game

heavyrain121812.png

have so far not cried at a game, but there were some moments that gave me feels:

Dishonoured: when you take off your mask in front of Emily and she just runs up and hugs you

Dragon Age Origins: The very end, when you get to talk to your friends for the last time, before leaving the hall...

dont-wanna-to-go4.gif

But the perhaps strangest thing for me would be old Pokemon safegames: I have been planing to start over on my Fire Red for ages, but I just can't bring myself to delete my little critters...sad.png

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

I don't cry at very many games, but I can say that I cried at certain sections of Persona 3 AND 4. The love I had for some of the characters in those games were so strong

It's amazing how much that series can get you to care about it's characters. I have never actually cried because of it but I have pretty much felt every emotion from being happy and laughing to worried and depressed. The part where

we had to save Nanako and when she was in hospital

in Persona 4 being a prime example of that! That's one of the main reasons I love that series so much :D.

Spec-Ops really made me think about my decisions and I regret them all

Didn't make me cry, however it did give me a powerful urge to set fire to a good portion of my game collection (actually stopped playing COD style shooters).

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

I dont think i have ever cried from a video game, but i have come close with a few. The one that got me the closes was in Jack and Daxter when Jacks father dies. another time is the end of read dead redemption when John dies. and how could i forget in the legend of Spyro when Ignites dies.

Super Paper Mario:

After each Chapter-conclusion, you see a different text-only flashback about "Timpani" and "Blumiere"...

...or as YOU know them, Tippi and Count Bleck.

Let's just say they SO deserve that post-credits screen ("THE END," indeed.).

Edited by Anti-Villain

It's amazing how much that series can get you to care about it's characters. I have never actually cried because of it but I have pretty much felt every emotion from being happy and laughing to worried and depressed. The part where

we had to save Nanako and when she was in hospital

in Persona 4 being a prime example of that! That's one of the main reasons I love that series so much biggrin.png.

Oh yeah absolutely, I made that post particularly with that in mind, it was so emotional, I really felt super emotional not only the first time I played, but every time, Not to mention that one moment in P3 that crushed everyone Im sure

Shinji's death

• Brohoof 1

I had feels with Mother 3, but I didn't cried, because I spoiled the game beforehand. 

But the game that OUTRIGHT made me cry (my eyes went red even) was Trevor Belmont's ending in Castlevania Mirror of Fate. All thanks to the performance of a single man:  Robert Carlyle, Gabriel's VA. 

Edited by Zekromic

Hmm... Well, I've never outright cried at any moments in anything, but one of the moments that really hit hard for me was the ending of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.

Seeing that dastard Engarde go to jail, with his life permanently at risk... Seeing Adrian having the confidence to get her life back together... And most importantly, seeing Maya, after two agonizing days of being held hostage with little care... having her come back running into Nick's arms with a smile on everyone's face... Heck, even seeing Franziska burst into tears at her continued failure against Edgeworth... Oh, and the Calling Card Maya drew on... It was just too damn good not to get emotional toward.

As well, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.

First point: In the ruins. Randall and Layton finally reached the end of the temple's traps, and were about to find the ancient treasure of the Azran. But one more trap kicked in, forcing Layton and Randall into a perilous situation of reaching the other side before all ground is lost and they fall into a seemingly bottomless pit. Layton barely makes it, but Randall fails at the final jump, with Layton managing to grab his hand at the last moment. He holds on to his dear friend for dear life, struggling to keep him alive as he stubbornly refuses to release the mask. He attempts to give him the mask, but Layton only wants to save Randall. Suddenly, Layton loses his grip, causing Randall to head toward the deadly fall through the dark depths of nowhere. Randall can do nothing but fall, as Layton screams his name in vain. He's lost his best friend. He reaches the end at last, and sees an end room filled with treasure. He ignores all of it, seeing no use for it without Randall. He leaves the ruins and disheartenedly tells the others the unfortunate news. The scene that follows, with Layton visiting Randall's tombstone and telling that he kept all news of the truth to himself, making it "their little secret"... heartwrenching as hell.

I don't care what happens later on; this portion of the game, no matter how much we knew it was coming, really hit hard.

Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Chapter 10. Hoo boy. Emmeryn was just killed off by the Mad King Gangrel, leaving the characters in a severe case of confusion and depression. Not only that, but even the supposed enemies are touched by Emmeryn's final words, and begin to question their alignment.

Chapter 10 centers around the following conflict: Chrom and co. are hurt, but are pressing on through all the pain. They come across a small faction of Gangrel's army, that promises they took heed to Emmeryn's words, and will spare them if they surrender. Of course, the good guys refuse, leading to the battle. It begins a very different song than the usual battle theme. It plays a very sad song called "Don't Speak her Name!", that plays through the entire battle... even through battle scenes. It is revealed through battle that literally not a single soldier on the battlefield truly wants to fight after hearing Emmeryn's final words. The leader himself says he's only fighting because Gangrel is holding his family hostage. The opposing side pushes on only for him. At last, you reach him, and, painful as it is, you end his life. His final words: "Please... spare my men..."

... Yeah... A bit late for that...

... Oh, and did I mention it was RAINING throughout this entire chapter as well? Completed the scene through and through. Awakening may not have the best story, but it's damn good with its use of feels.

... Yeah, that's all I got for now.

Almost none have been able to do this and I am actually a pretty emotional and depressed person. However, there is one exception that I can remember easily, that being the The Walking Dead Telltale game. Not going to spoil anything but way later on in season 1....I will be honest I cried for at least an hour or two. So much so that I had to play a game that was positive afterwards, that was how hard it hit me. No game has been able to do that to me and especially to that level of brutality.

• 5 months later...

So, the title says it all.. Which games actually made you cry? (Or at least, made you want to cry)

I can't find a search engine on this forum (Maybe because I'm a noob), so I don't know if this thread already exists.

Okey, there are a few that made me cry. When I was a kid, I cried when the infamous scene in Final Fantasy 7 was played.

About half a year ago was the second time I cried. It was because of a game called "Edna and Harvery: The breakout" and its sequel "Edna and Harvey: Harvey's new eyes". The people who know these games must know what I am talking about.

And finally, Dishonered really made me want to cry.. The ending was just so awesome, with one of the best video-game songs to end the story.

So, I am curious what everypony is going to say.

Halo 4 was the only game i actually cried in...................................OH CORTANA......WHY?????  WHY, 343??? WHY MUST SHE DIE????

• Brohoof 1

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I'm not the type to get particularly emotional over games, but my god, Brothers is just perfect, every single aspect of the game is designed to get you attached to the characters and world. It's easily my #1 game of all time, I'd recommend it to anyone that doesn't have a heart of stone. The feels! THE FEELS!  :wub:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I'm not the type to get particularly emotional over games, but my god, Brothers is just perfect, every single aspect of the game is designed to get you attached to the characters and world. It's easily my #1 game of all time, I'd recommend it to anyone that doesn't have a heart of stone. The feels! THE FEELS! 

I bought the game on impulse now :P For anyone who wants to try it out, the game is on sale of steam for today! 

• Brohoof 1