Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

Tears of disappointment when I played Pokemon Black/White.

Tears of joy when I made TaliShep happen on Mass Effect 2.

Tears of sadness when Samara died in ME2. (for me)

More tears of disappointment when I lost The Game.

GAAAH BECKER I WAS DOING SO WELL TOO!

Thanks a ton lol. Now to make my friends lose! It's been a while since I made them lose, it will be a nice surprise muahahahaha!

• 2 months later...

Hey all, this was something I was having a discussion with my friend recently and was curious to hear what you all have to say...what games have made you cry at from the story, whether it be out of happiness or sadness.

Personally for me the 3 games which always made me cry was the ending of Mother 3 and also the ending of Pokemon Mystery dungeon: Explorers or Darkness and the Ending of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate.

So would love to hear what you say personally about this subject and thanks for reading. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

To the moon made me tear up during the game and at the end I was having a lot of trouble stopping myself from crying like a baby. Truly amazing game with a fantastic story, in my opinion. I teared up from both happiness and sadness.

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

The Walking Dead is the only game that has ever made me cry. The ending is really sad and powerful as shit. I couldn't even look at it, I turned away and tears just came out. I never knew the game would effect me like that. 

Not Survival Instinct, the original comic book looking one.

Edited by Wubsie :3
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

Oh man, Wubsie hit the mark for one of the games that made me cry. The only other game that really made me cry was Gears of War 2. After Marcus and Dom went through all the waves of flesh and sinew to reach Maria, after ten long years of Dominic searching, they finally reach her. But what they find though, and what Dom does, is so heart breaking. It just connected with me on such a personal level and the whole scene was believable. 

In the end though, Dominic saved his princess from the castle.

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 3

Katawa Shoujo... Rin path (my favourite)..

World of Wacraft - Wrath Gate ingame cinematics (and also when someone hacked my acc and deleted my characters ;( )

Eternally Us - Easy freewave adventure art game.

Air Pressure - Another freeware adventure art game.

It's not so much the games that make me cry, it's the memories attached to them.

I got the opportunity to see this live in Milwaukee and it was an intense experience.  Not this particular section, as it was right at the beginning, but Ballad of the Wind Fish and the OoT/LttP sections hit hard.

• Brohoof 8

If I remember right, there were only two games which made me cry a little bit.

The legend of Spyro Dawn of the dragon - the ending was just too emotional for me sad.png but a lot of people don't think the same...

Suikoden II - ending of course, but there were more parts where i was about to cry. So far the best JRPG I have played

Can't say there are many games that have made me cry, the only two I can remember right now is Crisis Core: FInal Fantasy VII and Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates.

Every game in the main Metal Gear Solid series, I mean damn, Gray Fox, Emma, and don't even get me started on Snake Eater's ending

• Brohoof 1

One single game ever moved me enough to shed a tear. Phantom Brave. Little girl shunned by everyone gets thrown into a painful quest to save the world and all those people who hate her because she cares. Every death, even ones she had no part in hurt her, and one in particular is soul crushing. The end is not happy, it is not epic. It is simply heart breaking. Oh geez, all the feels came back.

Don't really wanna admit this but: Megaman battle network 3.

I rarely cry over a video game, but the ending just made me sad. I knew that megaman would come back but it still made me cry :P

Then we have Nuzlocke challenges for pokémon. But that doesn't have anything to do with the story.

• Brohoof 4

A games story never made me cry, but as a kid I remember I had this game called Baulders Gate. And in the intro cut scene, best I remember there's this guy who gets strangled then choked to death and thrown off the top of a tower or something.

It was like 90s graphics, but it was really quite nasty I seem to recall and I cried my eyes out over that.

Every game in the main Metal Gear Solid series, I mean damn, Gray Fox, Emma, and don't even get me started on Snake Eater's ending

Snake Eater had one of the saddest (and most ingenious) ending ever. From the end of the final boss fight to the credits, I shed many manly tears. The secret cutscene bits where you hold in R made it even sadder. Snake's vision blurred from tears... I just... It was such an emotional ending!

A few have gotten me close, namely Gears of War 2, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Brutal Legend, and Okami.

But there's only one I can think of that actually did the job: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness. I'd played the previous one, so I knew how it would end, but that didn't stop the sheer feels of when it actually happened. I won't say what happens at the end, but it's pretty tear-jerking.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sadly I cry during a lot of games, whether it be tears of sadness or happiness. I can name very few games I don't cry it.

I cried a few hours ago while playing farcry 3. I am a cry baby you could say.

Edited by Chigens and Kay
Removed off-topic banter.

The ending with xion in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.  The secret ending of Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep.  I dont really cry, maybe get a little sad.  Special mentions might be concerning Mithos in Tales of Symphonia and parts of Fire Emblem Awakening

• Brohoof 2

"To the Moon" has already been mentioned. It deserves to be mentioned again, I haven't met one person who hasn't at least teared up from playing it.

"Portal 2" is also rather tear-inducing if you think about it enough.

I haven't ever cried at a video game. But the most feels I've gotten are from Gears, er... Feels of War 2 when Dom has to shoot his wife,  in 3 when he dies, and I got a little sad in MW3 when Soap died, and Price freaked out.