Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game moments that made you cry

Lost Profile

I got a little at the end of Castlevania Lords of Shadows.  For the most part I seem incapable of feeling any connection with video game characters.  When Sepheroth killed Aerith I was like "Yo man you killed my White Mage!"

Spec-Ops: The Line, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock infinite(OH MY FEELS!) These games really got me and Spec-Ops really made me think about my decisions and I regret them all  :( .

Alright, I cried at the end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That...music. IT GETS ME EVERY TIME.

I cried at other games, but I can't remember which ones. I'll have to post again later.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Shadow of the Colossus is really just an amazing and beautiful game in every way, I love the intro scene especially, it's the music that really makes it.

Edited by James

(edited)

Every game in the main Metal Gear Solid series, I mean damn, Gray Fox, Emma, and don't even get me started on Snake Eater's ending

Gonna add to this(games and their most notable moments):

Megaman X: Not exactly the best story telling, but Zero's Sacrifice still gets me, especially in MHX with the piano version of Variable X

Final Fantasy Tactics, especially the moments that involve the turmoil between the Beoulve family(screw you Dycedarg)

Final Fantasy IX - Almost anything that involves Vivi

The Phoenix Wright series - Just about any trial that involves Mia and/or Maya always brings the waterworks(Screw you Redd White). Also that ending to Trials and Tribulations

Tales of Symphonia also gets me misty-eyed, especially the Flanior scene with Kratos

And dat Peppy's sacrifice in Starfox Assault, awful voice acting aside

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One - It really gets you attached to the characters and some of them die, making you actually feel something.

the last of us ;_; that is so heart breaking ;_; the story is just so ..... sad,that the infected are still living human beings,and at the start it's just ;_;  THE BIG RED ONE....WHY DI YOU HAVE TO GET BLOWN UP YOU STUPID NERD :(

Please don't bring that one up :(

I'd imagine the reason why it's worse for Big Red One is probably because you spend the entire campaign with your squad as opposed to the other games where you switch between different squads, resulting in you growing closer to them

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Mother 3. Mother FREAKING 3. ;~;

(In case you don't know what that is, that's the one with Lucas from Super Smash Bros. :\)

The ending is notorious for being a tear-jerker; not crying at the end is seen as extremely unusual. The entire story throughout the game is beautiful and very feelsy given all of the hardship that Lucas goes through, given the way that Porky ruins his life, on a personal level with his family and on a large-scale level with his community. And in the end...oh geez, super feels attack. Here, I'll show you the music for the end of the final boss fight:

And, if you want it spoiled, I will do my best to explain why it is so feelsy. I'm pretty much summarizing the entire story of the game that is relevant (so I am leaving out some huge parts), so this will be long:

Lucas and his twin brother Claus lived in a tiny, peaceful village with their mother Hinawa and father Flint. Here's the theme from the village:

Unbeknownst to them, their village was the last one in existence, because of a plan that people before them had made to escape the end of the world. They were living in peace and harmony until Porky and his army of Pigmen (the Mother 3 equivalent of stormtroopers, except funnier) time-travelled into their world and started screwing things up, bringing in new unwanted technology that turned the simple village and fields into a bunch of dangerous highways. They started creating cyborgs by combining animals, which made the formerly friendly animals wild and dangerous. Porky became a tyrannical dictator and took control of pretty much everything.

One day, while Hinawa, Lucas, and Claus were visiting their uncle in the mountains, a cyborg Drago (read: dinosaur) attacked them. Hinawa gave her life to let Claus and Lucas escape. When they returned, Flint became extremely bitter and eventually became somewhat of a loner; he never got over Hinawa's death. Claus, a much more reckless kid than Lucas, went out for revenge against the Drago and was 'never seen again'.

Lucas spent a good chunk of the game with his friends adventuring around their island, fighting Pigmasks and their minions, and one mysterious badass who led the Pigmasks, who was effectively Porky's right-hand man.

Eventually, everyone in the village was coerced by the Pigmasks into leaving the tiny village and moving to New Pork City. Lucas, his friends, and Flint went to confront Porky and his right-hand man. After defeating Porky, they realized that the man was actually Claus, who Porky had captured and brainwashed to be his minion. The final battle of the game is Lucas and co trying desperately to undo Porky's damage and return Claus to normal. The music I link'd above the spoiler is what plays when Claus finally realizes who he is, and it plays as he sees a vision of Hinawa's ghost talking to him:

"Claus...

Come to your mother.

you must be exausted."

If you haven't played Mother 3 yet, GO PLAY IT please. Or, watch an LP of it on Youtube. :3

I have always found it easy to fool others of my emotion I can cry almost insteadly but for honest tears it takes a truly good story that makes me feel for the people in the game am happy to say many games have done that for me but one of my favorite off the top of my head is cathrine is one great game that will bring a tear to your eye will 6 endings it is one of the best story driven games!!!

(edited)

Oh yeah...at the beginning of The Last of Us it was really sad and unsettling what happened to Sarah.  Others have mentioned it, but here's the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8qr_sNI5Y

The way her voice breaks...it still gets to me.

EDIT: fuck that, I can't watch it all the way through a second time.  The last minute is too much.

Edited by NLR Information Minister

(edited)

The ending of inFamous 2 made me cry. Spoilers for the ending below.

For the good ending, Cole dies. In the evil ending, Cole lives. However. you have to kill Zeke in cold blood. That just killed me.

A certain part of Uncharted 3 made me weep like a fool.

The part where a certain "Goddamn" person got shot. Why would you make me think he got killed, Naughty Dog? Why?!

The end of Alan Wake's American Nightmare made me pretty sad. The bad ending of Metro: Last Light was pretty sad too. And a certain part in Red Dead Redemption.

When he died, it just broke me. The credits music was really sad too. I couldn't figure out why I was crying, nor could I make myself stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yag41F7eCLU

I'm sorry for all of the spoilers. I just don't want to unintentionally ruin any games for anyone.

Edited by Arretez

FFX is the big one for me. I still tear up a little now and I have played it a lot. It's a very bittersweet but masterfully done ending. I feel so much for Yuna.

(edited)

Red Dead Redemption. And that was even after the end was spoiled for me. Just...Ow. I have never taken as much sheer vindictive pleasure in hunting a man down...Only to have the moment of retribution spoiled by the realization that it doesn't matter because he already won a long time ago and there was no returning from it.

A better punishment for Ross would've been for him to lose his own family just like how he himself took Jack's.

Note: You can actually kill Ross's wife and brother, but it won't affect the story. Sucks, because it could've made for a great "dark side" ending (Jack points out the irony about their families, and Ross dies completely broken, but Jack ultimately loses his soul as a result of his cold actions).

Edited by Anti-Villain

(edited)

A better punishment for Ross would've been for him to lose his own family just like how he himself took Jack's.

Note: You can actually kill Ross's wife and brother, but it won't affect the story. Sucks, because it could've made for a great "dark side" ending (Jack points out the irony about their families, and Ross dies completely broken, but Jack ultimately loses his soul as a result of his cold actions).

I actually did kill both of them. >.> As much as they both pissed me off throughout the game, I gotta give some credit to his partner Archer. He seemed to up and disappear before the raid on Marston's place. At least he had some decency. But Jack already lost his soul. The irony is Ross calls John an outlaw for all the people he's gunned down...But while John's trying to repent, Ross just forces him to kill more.

with the PS4 coming in about 6 months, is it really worth getting a PS3?

Considering many PS3 games will never be on the PS4 and there likely won't be backwards compatibility...

Edited by Xanatos

Pokemon mystery dungeon: Explorers of time/sky

SPOILERS

when you suddenly have to turn back to human and leave your friend, so touching..

END OF SPOILER

and the game "to the moon"

Cried twice while playing videogames: during Kingdom Hearts 1 and Final Fantasy X. Both had an amazing storyline and ending and the music at the end of both videogames was just... WOW

Skylanders, because the moment I saw what Spyro had become I knew I would never see the epic purple dragon, who was a massive part of my entire childhood, in the same way ever again. Thanks Skylanders for ruining my childhood!

• 2 months later...

There is only one video game that made me cry. Yep, you got it, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team.

Even that it became my favorite game of all time.

It is simply amazing, the storyline was pefect. I liked Explorers too, but at the end, it felt empty, as if the time stopped here, and I really didn't like the feel. Unlike Rescue Team, where you feel the story continue all the time.

Dat music, masterpieces in every dungeons you enter. :3

Also, Gates to Infinity was simply awful.

The Vault of Tears ending in Infinity Blade II made me tear up with pity for Siris. The whole story, plus the ending to top it off, gave me the feels.

But I haven't played the third game yet, and that ones ending might be a tear jerker.

I don't cry at very many games, but I can say that I cried at certain sections of Persona 3 AND 4. The love I had for some of the characters in those games were so strong

• Brohoof 1

Grand Theft Auto was a really dark, grey, and depressing game. It needs little explanation as to why I cried at the end; I was just at my depression capacity.

Is this GTA 5 you are on about here? And if so which ending are you referring to (Just refer to them as A B or C will know which one you are on about then :))

I have never cried, but the time I felt most emotional was the time I first beat StarFox 64 and found/ was rescued by fox's dad. 

That whole part was so emotional, 1 because I had played so much to beat that level and 2 FOX's DAD!"!!!!!