Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is too old for Halloween?

Musix

I'm in the 14 - 17 age group and I kind of feel that instead of crashing down peoples door steps and asking for free sweets, I seem to think that it would be a whole lot more productive of my spare time to try my best to tap coloured buttons on my Xbox controller while shouting at people in America over Headsets.

But anyway.

Out of interest, How old is too old for Halloween for you guys?

AND IF YOU SAY YOU ARE OVER 30 AND YOU STILL STEAL FREE SWEETS FROM MOTHERS BECAUSE THEY ARE HOT...

Posted Image

Edited by Musix
  • Brohoof 14

You can never be too old to get free candy....

I quit doing halloween around 15, than I just felt like I was too old for it. But once you hit 18, I think you are starting to get too old, IMO. Though if you are going to a halloween party, you can never be too old.

• Brohoof 8

You can never be too old for a Halloween party/dressing up, but trick or treating however; I would say 15-16 is when you should stop...

Personally 13 was my last year.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

I stopped trick-or-treating at ten, because my mom said I was too old. My sister stopped when she was eight. I guess it's all opinion, but I'd say above sixteen is a little too old.

One should never quit Halloween though.

Shit's fun man.

Edited by Dash Is Best Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Wait, quit holloween or quit trick or treating?

You are never too old to do something holloween related.

As for trick or treating.... i stopped at about... ummm. 12 i think... now I just get my mmom to buy me some candy every holoween.

• Brohoof 4

1-6 = To young

7-15 = Trick or Treat

16-20 = Halloween Parties

21-70 = Give out candy

71-100 = Scare kids without a mask or any makeup.

So do you ever "quit" Halloween? No.

• Brohoof 21

TOO OLD FOR FREE CANDY?!

PFFSSSHHHHHH

I just sit in the back of the truck, and take care of the little kids, while enjoying the sweets I steal :3

But I don't go to the houses and ask for candy xD

• Brohoof 2

It's not that I was too old, it's just, I didn't find candy worth the time of going outside. I would love to dress up in a costume, but I would rather be on a computer.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is a bit odd to trick-or-treat after about 15, but everypony please remember that we all are here because we enjoy a hobby meant for very young children xD

Although IMO you shouldn't want to stop celebrating Night Mare Ni--I mean Halloween altogether just because of age.

I live in a more suburban area, so we have a bunch of old people and non-celebraters that don't put anything up. Halloween's always been kinda dank for me because of that. I personally stopped trick-or-treating when I was 12, but I do plan to go to a Halloween party in the future.

I stopped at 14. It's more fun to scare off trick or treaters with fireworks anyway than it is to drag yourself around the neighborhood. Just buy a whole bunch of candy the day after halloween. It will be on sale and so cheap that it's practically free.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a 19-year old guy. I always plan on dressing up but I don't go around for candy. I just kind of fell out of love with that. But I still love the costumes and getting scared. So, I would say after high school would be a good ago to stop gettinc candy. But their is no age limit to dressing up and scaring people. :D

• Brohoof 1

I personally stopped trick or treating when I was 13. However I still had a lot of fun dressing up as Harry Potter and Zoro and handing out candies. Just because you're older doesn't mean you can't have a little fun still.

Me and my friend still dress up and get together on Halloween night pigging out on candy and talking about nerdy things like science and computers like the weirdo's we are.

Now in my opinion, you're too old to go trick or treating once your like, 15 or 16. Doesn't stop some people though. When a group of 19+ year old's come to the door, I either don't answer or give them hardly anything. Honestly, they're just using it as a reason to get free candy. 9_9

My parents always buy like 5 giant bags of candy, and always have about 3 or 4 left at the end of the night. So i just eat the rest of the candy. Its a good deal :):lol:

11 was about my last year of trick or treating though :)

Edited by The Galex Dj

I personally think 15 is where it should stop. I won't be dressing up, because that leaves me feeling like an Idiot. (I don't think people that do dress up are idiots I was strictly speaking about me.)

Do you have a young sibling or cousin that you would be willing to chaperone (in costume) for trick-or-treating? Doing that is great, it's a free pass to go door-to-door and not have to worry about your age, cause you're just going with li'l bro or sis! Also, most of the people giving out candy will share with the chaperone, in the mindset that you have a hundred other, "better" things you could be doing. ;)

• Brohoof 4

I would say after you hit 14 years of age, you are too old to go trick or treating. As for Halloween itself like parties and such, that you never really get too old for. It's like how you might still go to Christmas parties when you're in your 30's. For me personally though, I have never cared for Halloween. I don't like scary things, I don't see the point of going around for hours to get a bunch of crappy candy that I can buy by the pound for around $5. Instead of Halloween this year I want Nightmare Night, so that maybe Luna will show up in her awesome carriage.

Im 16, and if my friends are down for some trick or treating, than sure ^-^, It will be a fun time! Usually adults wont get my costumes though. I am going as the elevator guy from gangnam style this year XD

Personally, I would go trick or treating forever, even when I'm 70...

But seriously, your not too old to Trick or Treat. The only time you are old to trick-or-treat is when your 30, 40, and so on. But even older teens trick or treat. I see kids around 16 years old go around in costumes on halloween. Nothing wrong with it. If you can become a brony, you can trick or treat! :)

Do you have a young sibling or cousin that you would be willing to chaperone (in costume) for trick-or-treating? Doing that is great, it's a free pass to go door-to-door and not have to worry about your age, cause you're just going with li'l bro or sis! Also, most of the people giving out candy will share with the chaperone, in the mindset that you have a hundred other, "better" things you could be doing. ;)

^ I agree with that fully. But if you REALLY don't want to go around, you can always share the candy that your younger sibling has! I also honestly don't think it's childish or anything for a teen to trick or treat. Where I live, kids that age do it all the time.

Plus, who DOESN'T like getting free food? :D Don't disappoint Luna!

Posted Image

I've never went "Trick or Treating", so really, being 1 year old is too old, in my book. Getting free candy from strangers is pretty creepy, as well as dangerous. I don't see how it could be fun, but that's just me.

I'm a big party pooper.