Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is too old for Halloween?

Musix

I don't know. I used to love it, but it felt like I got a little bit too old for it and also people stopped to celebrate Halloween where I live D:

I think I stopped around 13 or something. But at Halloween the 31st, some friends are coming here and we're all going to go trick or treat just to have some fun hahah.

I think one is truly never too old to go Trick or treating, however, there is a cut off point for when you are no longer allowed to take candy from strangers.

For instance, I'm rather tall for my age, and I feel that if I went trick or treating I might get rejected by the mothers at the door because they think I'm maybe 17 or 18, while at the same time I have some friends who are rather short that could probably pull of trick or treating for another year or two. I feel like it all depends on how old you look rather than how old you are.

I don't think there should be a standard age but I stopped trick or treating when I was just getting too lazy to think of a costume idea every year lol. I think that was when I was like 12 or 13.

However, I do steal some of my cousins' candy because I am a big bully. >: D

LOL I hated trick or treating around 9 years old, i'm just like that I guess.... but I will admit that when i was 15 I went again just because I really had a craving for candy. This year I plan on getting a outfit for the fun of it, i'm not walking around in the 20 degree weather

100, give or take. Party on, bros. :)

Nah, seriously, I stopped knocking on doors around 13 or so, as I recall. I've since replaced it with buying a few massive bags of candy and sharing them with my family or roomies, depending on who I'm living with at the time.

I was 14 I think when I stopped but did take my brother out the next year and got some candy at the same time. The last time I offically went though was when I was 17 and doing my paper route and used it as an excuse to hand deliver the papers to people with lights on. Didn't do it the next year though and haven't done too much for Halloween since then. Dressed up for a "fun" run for 2 years but other then that, havn't done anything in the last 2 years and really probably not much this year as well.

Anyway, probably early teens (13 to 15) should be the age of stopping going door to door. As for the rest of the activities for the season, no age limit.

Edited by Zanther

I'm really competitive, so Halloween for me is trying to get the most candy, and trying to get the most epic costume ever. It will probably always be that way for me, so I would say you're never really too old.

• 8 months later...

While thirteen was my final year (I think), A lot of my mates all still trick or treat together in a big party; I feel somewhat inclined to join in, But feel such a lonesome kid when I don't. It's a very strange celebration, really..

Too old for free candy?!

Ya know what pinkie pie says! (Look Below)

I don't trick or treat, or even dress up. Though I want to so I can scare the living crap out of little kids and put it on youtube! :P

Well.. Maybe, I say between 15-19 years. Though Pinkie Pie is sort of an adult here and she loves to get free candy so.

tumblr_lto1j4KlLS1r2cj72o2_500.gif

• Brohoof 2

I stopped around 12. I still have friends of friends who trick or treat and they're all anywhere from 16 to 18 in age. I think you can do it as long as you like, nobody can stop you. Though It would be creepy to see an obese 35 year old man wearing pink clothing that is too tight for him, and whose also wearing a pink curly wig coming up to your door acting like Pinkie Pie. 

My mom stopped me at the age of 11 for trick or treating. She said I was too old. From then on I was stuck giving out candy.. alone.. It sucked. Unfortunately I've never been to party or anything so I can't justify anything related to that. However, I think 15 ish is a good age for the trick or treating to stop. 

I love the whole idea of Halloween. When I was younger I had a whole Halloween themed room.. It was awesome..

I think I have a few friends who still trick or treat, me among them. You're never too old for candy, after all. :3 I like scaring the kids, too. :D

My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

(edited)

I remember I stopped trick-or-treating when I was around 12-13. Some of my college friends actually still trick-or-treat. They went to the suburbs around campus last halloween. I, on the other hand...well, I don't even remember where I was then. Probably just chillin' in my dorm.

I don't celebrate halloween anymore, really. In fact my family likes to leave the house and go somewhere else for the night to avoid trick-or-treaters. TBH I think that's kind of dickish on the part of my parents, but what am I gonna do.

Then again once you turn 21 halloween gets fun again because of all the costume parties. ;)

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I'm Fourteen and I still go trick-or-treating....This will probably be the last year I go trick-or-treating though. It's a shame because it was fun.

I think your never too old for Halloween, unless you get tired of doing Halloween activities every single year. I stopped trick-or-treating, when I was about 12 but I hope to go back to Halloween in college. But, I still get delicious candy. :D

(edited)

Well, I stopped trick-or-treating at around 10, and now I give out candy. I always dress up though, and I make sure to scare at least one little kid. :P But I think, as long you enjoy yourself, there's no reason to stop.

Edited by Callisto

I stopped trick or treating at 17.

But I still go out and scare the heck out of people. (I'm gentle with younger ones though, I don't want to give them a heart attack.)

The last year I trick-or-treated was 13. I think 15 is when you should stop, but ya know, whatever makes you happy. 16 year olds like free candy too.

I think 17 should be the limit. Cause I mean they're still kids, so why stop them from having fun? I think its fine as long as they're well behaved and they don't use the opportunity for pranks. (Harmless and harmful) For the youngest I think six.