Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is too old for Halloween?

Musix

(edited)

How old is too old for candy?

How old is too old for cosplay?

How old is too old for fun?

If I see some 80-year-old dude dressed as Batman at my door, you bet your ass I'll give him free candy. :lol:

Though I quit bothering with going out on Halloween after the Egg War of 2011. Brothers bought a ton of eggs then us and some randoms split into groups. Actually got separated from my team and lost on account of we had gone to a town I'd never been in. Then I got caught in the crossfire by some delinquents egging the police station...

Nowadays, I buy bulk candy from this place down the street, download a whole day's worth of horror movies (last year was the entire Elm Street series), and hole up in my room with a bunch of water and snacks.

Edited by Xanatos

This thread just makes me want to buy a big bag of gummy worms.......I shall do that tomorrow..

as for Nightmare Night, I hand out candy. or play xbox....but this year, I might just go out on my bike and just cruise around town with a bunch of EL wire and stuff on my bike.

I don't think you're ever too old for Halloween, it just changes a bit as you age.  Maybe once you get past a certain age you don't go trick-or-treating anymore, but dressing up in costumes and going to parties is always fun.

It seems many stop at a certain age for a few years, then get back into it later, or at least that's what I did  :P .

(edited)

You're never too old for Halloween itself, but you can be too old for trick-or-treating (16+ is too old IMO).  Nonetheless its still fun to dress up, crawl around and scare the living shit out of people on Halloween night at any age :P.  I still go to Halloween parties too.  They're pretty fun!

Edited by John

Well if by to old for Halloween you mean trick-er-treating then I'd say 18. After that your an adult and it feels kinda odd to have an adult trick-er-treating around from other adults, unless you have a kid maybe.

I personally haven't really done Halloween since I was 12 or 13, but its just I lost interest in trick-er-treating. 

I have done it with my cousins or stuff before though, but most of the time I don't even dress up really. Or I hand out candy.

But you don't really have to get to old to wear a costume on Halloween, just trick-er-treating. You can still go to parties or stuff, and of course give out candy so Halloween is well Halloween trick-er-treating :P.

(edited)

No one is ever 'too old' to be trick-or-treating, although I will admit it is strange for a adult to be trick-or-treating. Halloween is a holiday that needs to be enjoyed by all ages and not restricted to the younger ages.

Edited by Demirari

I honestly don't think there is such a thing as being too old to go trick or treating. Its people giving out free candy for being dressed up in a costume. Most of the time when I have been giving out candy we are still left with a ton of candy left so there being more trick or treaters out (no matter what age) wouldn't hurt anyone as long as they are acting normally.

(edited)

Let me tell you, you're NEVER too old for Halloween!

img-1673738-1-Pinkie-Pie-Chicken-Costume

That said, I'd only actually trick or treat if I went with my brother and sister (9 and 12 respectively), but Halloween parties I'm ok with. I've even been wanting to cosplay during a party and I'm considering getting a scouting legion uniform from Shingeki no Kyojin.

Edited by Freedan

16-20 = Halloween Parties

jaolo.png

21-70 = Give out candy

LWZja.png

Okay... emoticon_okay%255B1%255D.gif

*stands by front door with a bowl of sweets*

*looks outside at children running around in costumes*

*sees a party next door*

Stupid being 21...

• 2 weeks later...

1-6 = To young

7-15 = Trick or Treat

16-20 = Halloween Parties

21-70 = Give out candy

71-100 = Scare kids without a mask or any makeup.

So do you ever "quit" Halloween? No.

What you said there was fucking genius and your calculations were correct :) also when you said scare kids without masks or makeup, that made lol on the floor terribly xD, this post made my day

Hmm, I think once your 14+ then you'll probably at parties and stuff so you won't go for sweets.

Defiantly at 17+ you going to be taking around younger siblings or just not bothering to do it, it feel way to childish at hat point, and you'll have parties to go to!

I stopped when I realized how much easier it is to buy a bunch of cheap candy than walk around in the hot and humid night (lolFlorida) in a costume asking strangers for it.

I think I stopped between 18-20 years of age. Why pass the opportunity to get free candy and dress up according the Halloween theme? I mean... it's fun. Live a little I'd tell myself.

A good sign of when you should stop is when the candy givers start giving you some dirty looks, probably for obvious reasons (I'm not a child or young teen, I am a young adult).

What do I do now? I just take some from our own Halloween bowl and watch movies like Alien or Tremors in the comfort of home.

Too old for free candy?! Neverer! Yeah, you can be too old for trick-o-treating, but what's Halloween without a costume party? You can still enjoy Halloween no matter the age. I personally think I had more fun as I grew older because I started doing scarier and scarier stuff for the holiday. 

. I personally think I had more fun as I grew older because I started doing scarier and scarier stuff for the holiday. 

I think the scariest my Halloween has ever been was playing White noise (Xbox 360 version of Slender) at half two in the morning in the middle of a field. (He had massive extension cords, Don't ask)

I'd say your never too old for any holiday event.

To be specific, you can participate in Halloween in any way like giving out candy, or trick or treating, and even hosting up parties for your friends to hang out and have a good time.

Basically and naturally, you get bored of it by age 15, but later down the road, you find it interesting to give it another go.

Trick or Treating, I'd say probably around grade 5. Thats when I stopped. Halloween itself? There is no age limit to having fun!

I still dress up on halloween going to college. This year, I'm going to dress up as either an SCP researcher or John Defoe from the Chzo Mythos. I'm probably going with the researcher idea as I finally purchased a real labcoat and have it hanging up in my closet. If I didn't have my beard, I could have gone with professor oak as well. Oh well, I like my beard to much to go with that.

Back on topic though, there are plenty of other fun things to do on halloween when you grow out of trick or treating.

Edited by Celtore

This is how it works for me

So the age of 13 I stopped trick or treating

Note this wasn't optional because my best friend was now 15 so there was noway he was going to trick or treat anymore however it proved itself useful as this turned out to be perfect timing.

Anytime after that

If you get invited to a costume party go to it in a costume.

Since Halloween is my utmost favourite time of the year...

I used to *before i got a new job and moved away* volunteer at a haunted attraction as a werewolf every year and I absolutely love it.

I find it amazing how there are more men who cry at these things then there are girls screaming.

I had this killer werewolf outfit with an articulating lower jaw that looked so freak in real *sorry I don't have a pic online to post* I have had people ripping down walls trying to get away from me lol

http://www.evernighthaunt.com/

This is the website for the place I used to work at

(Fixed the link.. now it works)

Edited by Argumedies

You can never be too old to dress up and be awesome! But going around and getting free candy acting like a child. You will eventually get to old for that. (People will think you are a creep!) 

Dude. I'm 20, and I still go trick-or-treating.

Granted it'll get a little weird once I hit the age of roughly 25, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

The only thing off about doing it my age is going by yourself. It's... eh... yeah. I don't plan on doing that.

Still though, if I have an awesome costume, you can bet your sweet flank I'll be showing it off.

• Brohoof 1

If you mean in terms of trick or treating, then 13 is too old in my opinion, but I guess it depends on when you feel you have outgrown it. Parties and celebrations on the other hand are perfectly fine for any age.

I'd say 150.

When you're a century-and-a-half, you shouldn't be spending your October the 31st collecting candy from strangers in your pajamas. You should probably be wondering how you lived that long, and be checked by doctors to see if your blood has some sort of rare antibody that keeps you healthy even in your old age.

• Brohoof 1