Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is too old for Halloween?

Musix

Never too old for halloween! biggrin.png

But too old for trick-or-treating? Yeah, there is a limit.

I would say 16-18 is the absolute max you should go trick or treating, depending how old you look. If you look really young and blend in, by all means go for it! But if you look your age, people will just find you creepy.

However, that doesn't mean you can't throw super awesome halloween costume parties, hand out candy, decorate your house spooky-like, scare the kiddies, and/or supervise your young family/friends while they trick or treat. (Besides, you're probably old enough to just buy candy for yourself at that point. Or steal some that you're supposed to hand out)

In case you can't tell, i LOVE halloween! ^3^

Edited by crazitaco

I quit Halloween when I was 10. Now I just go around as a Nazi Zombie and do some crazy shit. I make the little kids scream and run away, I go to my friends parties and I also storm around the village with my friends.

It is that time in your life that your parents tell you to stop, but it ends when you move out, if you want it too.

Seriously though, Trick or Treating is still fun, I just wish people wouldn't try to ruin the mystery of what each house is giving.

Another year goes by and instead of creating threads about being too old for Halloween, I'm actually going to attempt to cosplay as Rainbow Dash

This'll be great for the guys at my Squadron :D

I'm 16, and I'm still totally in to halloween. Going from door to door for candy has kinda gotten less enjoyable, so this year I'm actually putting together a scary maze in my garage with some friends since my neighborhood stopped doing that. No matter how old you are, there's always something about halloween that everyone can enjoy.

I think I kept going until I was 14. At that point, my friends decided to just go to parties, and since I'm not into that kind of stuff, I just stayed home. I do still enjoy the idea of Halloween, especially since it  helps to build a trust among communities. But also because it encourages the giving to complete strangers, who you may never see again.

You're never too old for halloween, the parties just become different.

And they become better. wink.png

Case in point, halloween raves! Costumes and everything! That's how adults celebrate halloween. :3

Trick or treating? Hmmm. IDK. Plenty of people on my campus still do it. xD

Edited by ~Master~ Button Mash

"Too old for Halloween"?

Hah.

Hahahahah.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The day I become too old for Halloween is the day pigs fly.Seriously,it's the second-best holiday of the year.Christmas takes the cake,though.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

if you're middle school age and you still go trick or treating you're weird

if you're high school age and you still go trick or treating you're just a huge loser

if you're a whole goddamn adult and you still go trick or treating you are probably mentally disabled

• 1 year later...

As long as you enjoy it then there is nothing wrong in participating in it :)

Granted, I wouldn't do the trick n treat thing in my age .. but also have never done that  in my life anyway xD

If you ask Pinkie Pie she would tell you that nopony is ever too told for free candy ... and who would dare to question her?

As far as trick-or-treating? I don’t think you should be going out when you’re older than 17.

As far as celebrating it with partying and eating a lot of candy? Go on for as many years as you’d like.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I don’t think there’s an age limit on celebrating Halloween. We got full blown adult college student trick or treaters along with small kids. Doesn’t bother me much. If anything it helps get rid of the Candy.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I mean when you reach a certain age if you feel like you are too old for getting free candy then just give out free candy. It's that simple, like you don't have to stop celebrating it, you don't even have to stop dressing up in a costume. You can just switch roles. Also look at it this way - you once had to say trick or treat, but now you are the one who decides if it should be trick or treat... embrace the darkness!