Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Academy of Magic

Mephala

Ajax nodded in agreement on Luce's comment about poisonous snakes.

"Yes, I know of many who have been accidentally bit after taking a 'dare' to grab hold of some without any proper training," he said as he began to draw repeating patterns on his journal. Again, he felt a swell of disdain rise inside her, but this time it was rather different. He was unsure of what it was, but he didn't really bother to even think about why this may be. He hastily drew another depiction of a serpent, and felt his heart skip a beat as he saw a rather strange looking snake slither from a ditch and then vanish into thin air.

"That wasn't meant to happen," he thought in his head as he closed his journal. He knew that this haughty girl meant to outdo him in subtle insults, but rather than drawing out the game and mucking up his day, he simply stood up from his bench and placed his journal in his bag.

"Quite the luggage you have over there, I'm sure everyone will be impressed when they see it. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go and... mingle with some others around here."

He gave one final smile. "See ya around," he said.

• Brohoof 1

Luce just wiggled her fingers without looking at him, rather paying attention to her hand. Slight panic welled up inside her as she realized it was beginning to morph slightly. It quickly reverted back to normal, but she hoped that it hadn't changed.

Breathing a slight sigh of relief, she looked around. So far, her cover hadn't been blown. She could resume her haughty act until she was sure it was safe, and then it was go time.

She smiled in anticipation. No one had seen through her just yet, and she had a few more surprises in store.

Olivia's eyes widened. "Are you for real?" she squealed. "Oh, thank you so much, that's so kind of you!" She reached out to hug him but drew back with an apologetic sheepish expression. "Sorry, I tend to invade personal space a bit. But yeah, I would love to hang out with you sometime. That would be really fun."

Thalia had been shifting from foot to foot. Something had been bothering her, and she didn't like it. It wasn't just Luce's malicious aura-someone else was there that she didn't quite think was the safest. It appeared to be the new guy. She didn't want to bother him, so she instead kept a careful eye on him from her peripheral vision. Something was off about him.

"Hey."

*Sasha said to Red, slightly annoyed.*

"Im definitely not a stuck up rich prick. I've had to work for every cent to my name! Some people may call me a bitch sometimes, but thats just because they don't know me."

*Sasha explained. She looked back as she saw Luce re-enter the area, noticing a strange red spot on her outfit.*

(Is that....... blood? No, thats ridiculous, must just be nail polish or lipstick or something.)

*Sasha shook her head removing the thought from her mind. Why would the rich girl have blood on her shirt? Thats just outrageous.*

(Still, I should keep an eye on her, just to be safe.) Sasha decided to turn her attention back to the two she had befriended.*

"Mind if I join you guys some time? You wouldn't leave good ol Sasha out of the fun, now would you?"

*Sasha put on a big smile. This school was going to be fun, she could already tell. Shady thieves, psycho rich kids, artists, musicians, and her. And if her suspicions were correct, and this school was for something more than it let on, then that added a touch of danger to it all. And thats just what Sasha loved to see.*

(Bring it on Renly Academy for the Mentally Enlightened, lets see what you've got.)

• Brohoof 1

"Well I see no reason to bring forth my reasons, if you aren't giving yours immediately." Daniel said, smirking back in compliance. <Though to be honest, I don't have any idea why I'd be accepted. I'm not exactly artsy, sportsy, or smartsy.> Daniel tried not to think too much about it, however, as he didn't want to accidentally project something. It didn't happen always, but sometimes, if he got too excited or confused, he'd accidentally bring forth his thoughts into picture. The last time it had happened, it resulted in him being kicked out of his fifth foster home for being 'Ungodly, a Demon.'

As Daniel finished his train of thought, he looked up to see the higher-class girl stride over to one of the new arrivals, someone Daniel had failed to see at first. He carefully watched as she started to strike up a conversation. He couldn't hear their words, but he could tell that she was interested, or, feigning interest, in the arrival's drawings. Daniel started to chuckle slightly as the arrival put the notebook away, stood up, and shut her down. <Sometimes it's good to see the snobby get run over.>

Turning his attention back to Thalia, he asked "Did you happen to get a watch or something from that guy earlier? It feels like we should've boarded by now."

"I really should be more careful when drawing random stuff, especially if it's during a time while my emotions are a bit altered," Ajax thought as he paced around, waiting to board. Rather than shoving the snake away to the back of his mind as a simple hallucination or regular snake, Ajax took care to remember what it looked liked. It was about the size of a python, but what made it stand out were its glowing red eyes, large fangs, and spines that protruded from it's back.

"Definitely not from around here, I hope no one caught sight of it," he laughed as he began to think of a random person tripping over the spines of the large snake.

"Oh yeah, it also happened to have two heads, pretty sure that creature dind't just have genetic defects," he mumbled as he checked the station's watch. He felt he should at least introduce himself to the other newcomers, but instead he just leaned on a pillar and watched them all have conversations and apparent awkward moments with each other.

"Meh, I'll have my chance at this school once we all get there."

Fire. Once a gift given to us from the gods now the very cause of my demise. It should have never left those immortal hands... The great power only leads to disaster, leaving a charred and desolate land in it's wake. Roaring waves of red and yellow, leaving no tree nor soul alive, igniting as it falls apart as a charred withering crisp. Distant memories of an average life tease my mind, a time once upon ago when this wretched curse hadn't plagued my life like a cancer. A small tricycle biking down the street of a middle-class neighborhood, a small green see-saw, squeaking as the plank rose up and down. I only get these memories in quick snapshots, much of my memory blurred out from the corruption. I do know one thing for sure though. A image of my house going up in flames. The yellow and red blaze licking up and surrounding the building, as if it was a monster that was eating it whole. There were no survivors.

My entire life went spiraling downward from that moment. I became more angry. More cruel. More deadly. Even before I could bend my first flame, I was corrupted. Corrupted by the power. Corrupted by the fire within all of our hearts. I was always in an angry rage, my foster parents always afraid and nervous. During these rages, I discovered my power, able to manipulate the small candles that lit my bedroom. As I became more angry and harsh, my powers grew, able to conjure up sparks of flames and small fireballs. Heating up my hand were easy, and sometimes, even instantly catching them both on fire.

The mail came in today. And there was a letter. For me. It's been a long time since I've been wanted. Might as well see what it is.

- Jason

Jason put down his pen as he opened up the envelope, scanning though the contents of the letter. His eyes stopped at "Renly Academy", and kept trailing downward until he saw the closing statement. He reread it multiple times, just to make sure what he was reading was true, before putting on a hoodie and slipping his journal in his backpack. Walking out the door of his foster home, he closed it behind him.

He wouldn't be coming back.

Thalia shook her head. "Nah, just some cash, threw the rest out. Well, I took his I.D and license too, but that was really just to troll him further."

As soon as she said this, the pleasent female automated voice came over the loudspeaker again. "Attention all passengers attending Casterly Rock to attend the Academy. Attention. Your private train will be arriving shortly."

Thalia lifted her eyebrows. "Private train, huh? Fancy."

Olivia shrugged at Sasha with a smile. "I thought he could tell by the rags I'm wearing, but I guess not. You must have had a pretty rough life if you hate wealthy people that much," she added, facing Red again. "For the record, I live on my own in the middle of the woods, in my crap little shack that I made. never really been a handy person, to be honest."

Luce was in full blown panic.

Something had taken her over again, a memory that she hadn't seen in a long time. She suspected that somehow this was a reaction to being around these other people.

The first thing she remembered was running over woodchips.

Heavy breathing, keep running.

Blood running from her legs and feet.

And that was all. Suddenly, Luce was back in the train station, more confused by her vision then ever. These things never happened. She looked at the others suspiciously, wondering who had triggered it.

Red was taken even farther aback, she not only wasn't rich, she was more impoverished than he was! His heart jumped, "I've had to grow up around rich assholes my whole life....Everyday I had to put up with people getting pissed at me for not having the newest car, or an iPad........I hate how alot of rich guys will act like gangsters for whatever reason.....So, yeah I have pretty much grown to hate them...."

He brought his attention to her comment about where she lived, "Well, if you want

Red then noticed the girl next to him was relatively pissed about his previous comment, "Jeez, calm down.........This isn't even your conversation......and don't worry I'm sure you worked very hard to make sure Daddy gives you enough money for your every petty desire.........." He then noticed that she stood closer to Olivia than to him. Shit, they must be friends, Red thought, Oops, way to go moron

Red now just wanted to disappear, just when he thought he was making a friend, he went and insulted one of her friends right in front of her. The worst part? This was the first time they met, first impressions were forever......... "I should probably go now shouldn't I?" Red mumbled.......

Ajax noticed the anxious, if not fearful expression on the face of another newcomer, seemingly intimidated by Luce and some other girl he didn't know of. He turned his attention towards the group and began to watch.

"Perhaps I'll step in if things get to out of hand with that lot..."

Ajax felt a slight sense of anger, however. It often irritated him to see someone not stand up for themselves.

"Weak, why can't these people ever get some guts and stand up for themselves? I mean really, he's practically talking to a living Barbie! What's so scary about that?" he thought in his mind as the group stood against each other.

Ajax then noticed the slight sense of concern on Luce's face. What could it have been, Ajax had no idea in the slightest, but it did make him snicker to have seen her seemingly haughty composure break for an instant. He turned his attention to the other girl standing next to her. She didn't seem like the type that would hang around someone like Luce, sohe held back any sort of bad thoughts he felt about her at the moment.

*Sasha froze. This guy had just done the thing that few could ever accomplish. He had made her loose her cool. Sasha's face contorted into one of anger as her eyes glowed black for a second.*

"My father was the kindest man anyone had ever met. He worked at a convinence store every night for a measly income. Until one night, he refused to sell cigarettes to the son of some rich banker and was SHOT! You wanna know what else? The kids father paid off the judge. Kid got off scot free after murduring a hardworking man. I WAS ONLY FOUR YEARS OLD!"

*Sasha was in Red's face now, eyes beggining to tear up.*

"A few months later, my mother remarried. A guy with a steady income, but he spent most of his time sitting around on a couch and BEATING ME AND MY MOTHER!!"

*Sasha rolled up her sleeves and showed off her well toned, but heavily scarred arms.*

"I had to work myself to the bone on manual labor to pay him money to keep him from beating my mother every day! That didnt stop him from beating me though. Oh no. It just got worse every day."

*Sasha turned around and began to walk away, suitcase in hand.*

"This is what I get for trying to make new friends."

*Sasha mumbled as she headed forthe other side of the station.*

Ajax shook his head as he heard the punk girl's outburst. He followed her with his gaze, a slight look of pity registering on his expression. It soon faded as he turned his gaze back towards the other lot and then to the ground.

"Huh, well that's just sad. Yes, sad, but I hope she isn't one of those people who believe they're entitled to everything and can do whatever just because they had a hard past," he muttered to himself as he turned his head towards the angry girl again.

"She seems to be leaving," he thought, "Could the train actually be closer than what it was before? It's been taking quite a while..."

Ajax then remembered something peculiar he had noticed about the punk. Her eyes seemed to have changed color... to black, during her outburst. He thought about it for a while, but dismissed it shortly as a change in the lighting in her immediate area. He hoped to not anger her out of respect for her hard times if they ever crossed paths.

"Clearly these aren't your typical everyday kids... what could the writers of the invitation have meant when they said, 'mentally enlightened'?"

He thought about what he had seen from the newcomers. Three seemingly poor people, a rich girl, and then some middle class kids. Definitely not an orthodox private school thought Ajax as he shook his head in confusion.

"Well, that's convenient, isn't it?" Daniel asked, slightly surprised at how quickly his question was answered. <Also slightly weird. True, it might have been a major coincidence, but getting a random letter from an unheard school with a free ride, then having the question of the train answered immediately? It was almost.... Magical.>

Daniel dismissed the thought, trying not to think about the matter. But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Though, that being the case, it would mean that every person on the platform would have a power. He shuddered at the thought. The idea of a school for those with magical talents sounded dangerous. Multiple people with multiple powers cooped up on one island? Not good.

His thoughts were interrupted by an outburst of anger, emanating from one of the girls on the platform. He watched as she stormed away from a group of two, whom had apparently offended her quite badly.

He quickly pushed the distraction from his mind. Turning to Thalia, he began to try to start up another conversation, hoping to take his mind of his earlier suspicions even more. "So, i'm guessing from your appearance you've lived on the street for most of your life?"

Edited by Parties like Pinkie

Jason arrived at the train station in only a few minutes, his home located a mere 2 blocks away from where the train was arriving. It was right dab in the smack of the bustling city, which had it's benefits and it's faults, he supposed. Pulling his grey hood over his head, he stuck his hands in his pockets and walked in, passing though the train toll booth with a swipe of a bus card.

The announcement came shortly after he entered, pleased that the school was providing such a good service. A small group of young adults caught his eye, each packed with their own individual items. Jason looked away from the group, hoping that they wouldn't be taking the same trip they're taking.

He would be sadly mistaken.

Thoughts began to circle his mind as he stood at the train station, the voices around him dimming as a plethora of questions filled his mind. Was this for real? Should he return back to the foster home? Maybe it was just a joke. He hoped the last one wasn't true. He'd been looking for an escape from his secluded world for a while now, leaving his house for days at a time just to wander the streets around town.

If he wasn't near anyone, he couldn't do any harm. The only part of it though, it was eating away at him. He hated being alone, but it was either that, or a rageful fury. What choice did he have?

Keren pulled her dark brown hair back into a pony tail. "I told you we were going to be late Mom." Keren Jay said to her Mother, in the drivers seat, her voice dangerously close to a whine.

"Oh the train doesn't leave for...a couple minutes. Get out. Go GO catch the train sweetie and call me as soon as you can!" Her mother said her voice beginning annoyed then became frantic. She unlocked the doors and popped the trunk of the car with the push of a couple buttons. She looked over to her daughter, the last of her she would see for a while.

Keren smiled at her, "Okay, I love you Mom. I will talk to you as soon as I get the chance." She opened the cars door and hopped out swinging around to the trunk. She pulled out her duffel bag and her odd looking satchel made of the ugliest upholstery fabric ever, and swung them over her shoulder. She slammed the trunk shut and ran into the crowded station.

Behind her she heard her mother shout "Goodbye little Jay! I love you!" and drive off. She looked around the station and down to her ticket, she bounced on her heels and then sprung off to find her train. She attempted to ignore how nervous she was about this 'Academy' but could not get over the fear of how lonely she might be.

Edited by Artemisia

Ajax looked over to the newcomer that had recently arrived, seemingly anxious about something as he put his hands into his hoodie's pockets. He couldn't get an actual good luck at him, but Ajax could still somewhat tell that he was nervous over something.

"Yeesh, he looks like he knows a shooting's about to go down here or something," Ajax thought to himself as he fumbled around in his backpack for his journal. He pulled it out and began doodling random things once more. After a few minutes, he placed the spiral in front of him to cover up most of his face and looked over to where a boy and a seemingly homeless girl were talking. When he had first arrived in the train station, Ajax had felt a set of prying eyes upon him every now and then, and they would often come from the direction of the couple he was now looking at.

"I... don't think I've ever seen her if she has some bone to pick with me or something," he mumbled as he put away his spiral once more. He slung his back pack on his shoulder and did the one thing he had not expected to do... he walked over to Daniel and Thalia.

"Just going to see what their deal is, that's all," he thought silently as he approached them. Once he was within their proximity, he nodded as a greeting and said, "Hey, are you two heading for Casterly Rock as well?"

Daniel looked up as he heard a voice. The boy with the notebook had left his spot, and walked up to start a conversation. Standing a few inches taller than Daniel, he would normally make a somewhat intimidating appearance, but his pale skin and dark clothes made him look more like an emo/goth mix than an intimidating figure. Not to mention he probably spent most of his free time drawing in his notebook. Normally Daniel wouldn't like talking to someone with such an appearance, but seeing as how he completely shut down the snotty, preppy one, it might not be a bad idea to start.

Daniel made a split second decision, deciding that it would be better to start earning his trust than to immediately be rude. "Yeah. Not entirely sure why though. Didn't think I qualified for a school of this type." As Daniel talked, he studied the stance and posture of the boy. <Judging from the way he's standing, I think he just wants to talk anyways, not cause trouble. But I wanted to be sure, as something about him throws me off slightly. I Just can't figure out what.>

"Ah, I see. That appears to be everyone's case here it seems," Ajax said as he thought more about the newly accepted students heading for Casterly Rock. He noticed that this boy, Daniel, was apparently sizing him up in some way, watching him closely and cautiously.

"Ah, so he is... a bit like me in some sense, I'll have to choose my words carefully," Ajax silently thought. He also felt more need to watch himself, as the messy girl standing next to him also seemed somewhat suspicious of him.

"I think I was chosen for my interest in various academics," Ajax finally said. "Literature and Biology are among my favorites."

Ajax continued to subtly watch them as he spoke. He could tell that the boy seemed to have some burdens in his life, and the girl obviously had come for a poverty stricken background, and judging by the way Thalia looked around, he made sure to keep his hands in his pockets and his personal space well guarded.

"Best not to antagonize them much," he thought in his head. He once again spoke up.

"By the way, I don't believe I ever got your names," he said as he prepared for introductions and other things, as well as a possible decline from introductions from both of their parts.

Edited by Horus

(edited)

Thalia smiled at him, deciding that he was all right, and extended a hand. "I'm Thalia. You don't need to hold on to your stuff like that, I only rob assholes," she added with a sheepish grin. "Not the most honest way to make a living, but it's gotten me by pretty well. It's nice to meet you."

She gestured at Luce with her head. "So is she as irritating as she looks or is it just a facade?"

Thalia tilted her head towards Daniel. "And to answer your previous question, yes, I have. But I don't think here's the place to talk about that."

Olivia had been staring at Sasha throughout her outburst, and she was now in open tears as she turned on Red with a frown.

"Why do you make assumptions like that about people?" she asked quietly. She didn't look angry, just disappointed, and she ran her hand through her hair. "Maybe now isn't a good time to talk to you. I'll see you later." She strode off with a frown, taking a bench by herself.

A train suddenly glided smoothly into the station. It was painted a handsome bottle green and there were windows that had white blinds pulled over them, reading "Renly Academy" in golden curly letters.

A man in a smart burgundy suit stepped out of the train and instantly marched over to Luce. He whispered something in her ear and Luce's angry scowl went slack as she just nodded and followed him without protest.

As she was led onto the train, several attendants in black suits got her baggage and a woman stepped off the train and smiled kindly at the group of mismatched teens. She had short dark red hair and tortoiseshell glasses over warm brown eyes and was maybe in her mid forties. She was also wore a burgundy suit.

"Hello, students, and welcome to the first leg of your journey. I am Ms. Frey. Please, if you would follow me. The others shall see to your baggage."

Thalia mouthed, "We'll talk later," and stepped forwards. The woman bowed her head politely. "Miss Thalia Evans. A pleasure."

Thalia looked slightly weirded out at the fact that this woman knew her name, but she gave a smile back and stepped on.

Edited by Raindancer

Keren crossed the crowded station and reached the area where she was expecting her train to be and saw quite a few people around her age standing around talking to one another. They looked like they may be also going to the academy so she stood around hoping to hear one of them say something about it. She rocked back on her heels nervously,and pushed her dark brown hair out of her eyes as she looked around the station searchingly for the train. She looked down at her hands, one was clenching her carpet bag tightly, and the other was holding her letter and ticket, she held up the ticket so she could read it. It seemed that the train should be arriving shortly and that it was to be a long over-night trip. At least I have a sleeper bunk, 110, so I may be able to get some sleep. She thought to herself. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, her awkward and anxious shuffle made her seem like she needed to use a restroom. She tried to calm herself and think about what classes she would be taking, she thought I hope I get chemistry and biology! But what if they only have lower levels or bad teachers! What if they have horrible academics?! Why am I even going to a school I know nothing about? She wound up psyching her self out instead.

When the train pulled into the station a woman approached all of them, that answered Keren's question, and told them to follow her and leave their belongings with someone else. She clutched her bag to her, not wanting to let it go.

"Um, excuse me m'am may I please hold on to ONE of my bags? I don't want anything to happen to it." She looked at the kind looking woman and was able to calm herself down. She looks responsible...Yeah, totally safe, responsible adult. No longer alone here, the others seem to be my peers...She thought to herself and looked at the mismatched group...They look all right.

Ajax nodded as the newcomers began to file into the recently arrived train. He was a bit disappointed however, that he didn't get to interact much with either Daniel or Thalia. He turned towards Daniel and said, "Well, we might as well go and head on into the train. We might see each other around in there or in the school."

Ajax turned around and left, stopping short to get a good look at the train and the people around it. He noticed Luce had gone in first with the rest of her so called servants, so he decided to wait a while to reduce the chances of running into her again. While he waited, he noticed another new arrival had wandered into the train station. She seemed rather nervous, often gazing at the other people around her. However, Ajax decided to not speak to her until they had all boarded, but he did give her a nod of greeting before he headed towards the entrance of the train.

"I really hope nothing... bad shows up randomly," he thought as he walked over. "Wouldn't want to have giant spiders or something making a meal of everyone now would we?" he laughed as he approached the woman at the train.

"I'd rather hang on to my stuff if that's alright," he said as he prepared to enter.

Daniel was about to accept the emo looking kids proposition of an introduction, when the train for Renly Academy pulled up to the station. He listened as the woman, Ms. Frey, relayed instructions. The thought of leaving his empty briefcase with someone else didn't really bother him, as it was, well, empty. He followed Thalia as she stepped towards the train, overhearing the woman as she said Thalia's name.

<Strange. They already know our names.> He began to think, before chuckling at his own idiocy. <They probably just looked at the list of students, possibly with pictures. How else would they have known who to address the letters to?> He noticed that the boy with the notebook was right behind him, so, in lieu of before, he turned, holding out his hand, and began an introduction.

"Daniel. And you are?" He said, trying to sound slightly more friendly than he would on a different occasion. He normally didn't bother to start introductions like this, but Daniel figured that the quicker he knew everyone's name, the better. It would also make things a bit less confusing down the line, both literally and metaphorically.

Luce sat in a cold white room at the back of the train, kicking her legs aimlessly.

The man who had escorted her there had introduced himself as Dr. Jaime, and he told her that he was going to have to run a few tests on her before she could be released back with the others.

He was rummaging through a drawer as he prepared a syringe, turning back to her. Luce felt her heart freeze up at the sight of it and cringed away.

Jaime frowned. "Luce, my dear, this is a necessary part of your school life," he told her gently. "You agreed to this."

Luce just stared at the needle, obviously not comprehending him. "No," was all she said.

The doctor tried to speak again but Luce just kept saying "No" every time he said a word. She then got up and walked out of the room without anything else.

Jaime leaned against a counter and frowned. So far, things were not going quite as expected.

Olivia found herself next to Thalia and the two exchanged introductions, but when Olivia just stated her name and then stared off into space, Thalia noticed her red eyes and decided not to push it as she waited for Ms. Frey to continue.

*Sasha was alone in the single person bathroom. But it really did not resemble a bathroom any longer. Tendrils of darkness were sinking into the ground now that she had released her frustration in a private place. Her eyes went from the dark glow they took on when she used her shadow manipulation, back into their emerald green.*

"God damn that asshole."

*Sasha said to herself as she put a hand on her head and frowned. She then heard the announcement calling all the students to board the train. Sasha sighed and put her leather jacket back on as she headed out of the ruined bathroom, hoping that they were gone before anyone else tried to use it. When someone approached Sasha for her suitcase she shook her head.*

"Its just one bag, Ive got it."

*Sasha said with a fake smile. She walked over to the line of students waiting to board the train. Her eyes were still emerald green, but they were duller, not as shining as they were earlier. Sasha sighed and stood up straight waiting for her turn to board the train.*

(Maybe I shouldnt even go. Its only a few more months until I turn eighteen, then I can just move out. Never have to deal with that bastard again. Im sure King would let me stay with her for a while.)

*Sasha thought. She shook the thought out of her head.*

(No, this could be an important step for my art career. Im sure I could do better in the world having gone to a school even partially for art than if I just drop out right after high school. There are assholes everywhere, its just something I have to deal with.)

*Sasha smiled a small genuine smile, her determination renewed.*

Red felt like an ass, he felt nothing but anger at himself for judging someone prematurely, and empathy for the girl whom he had judged........he felt that the only things he could do were either let it go, or apologize to her and Olivia if he ever ran into them again.

Red then heard the train pulling in. As soon as the train pulled in Red got on and found his room, number 117, on the far end of the car. He set his bag down and looked at the time, there was plenty of time until he had been told dinner would be. So, he grabbed his bass guitar from..........the wall........how did his bass guitar get here? Red had left his bass and bass guitar at home due to a fear of losing/damaging them and he was told that the school would provide him any instrument he would need. So why then was it here? thinking it may just be decoration, he turned it over, sure enough, there it was.........the patch of silver duct tape wrapped around one end of the strap where it had come unwound. This was bizarre......but whatever, he figured, it's here let's use it. Red began to tune it, no need......cool......he began to play what he could remember of Walk This Way by Aerosmith as he waited for dinner.

Daniel walked onto the train, letting his briefcase leave his possession as it was taken by one of the attendants. He made his way to one of the cabs, room 113, and looked inside. It was very plain and vacant, having only one accessory, which was the shade on the window. Not wanting to spend too much time looking at the same, placid room, he began to walk down the corridor of the train, hoping to find something with a bit more to it. He had reached the end of the car, and was about to walk through the partition, when he heard the sound of music, originating from the room to his right.

The door was cracked open slightly, allowing the sound to escape, which, had the door not been cracked, Daniel probably wouldn't have heard it in the first place, as it was sort of quiet. He looked at the room number, 117, making note of where it was. Daniel had always had a liking to listening to music, and if there was someone going to this school that could play, he'd be happy to listen sometime, just not at the current moment. He kept on, through the partition, into the next car, which was full of nothing but seats. Being a slight bit more colorful than the sleeper rooms, he sat down, choosing a seat in the corner, facing the other side of the car. He wanted to be able to see those that walked in before being seen himself. It also provided a bit of a quick exit plan, if need be.