Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Academy of Magic

Mephala

Luce wrapped the coat tightly around herself. it was far too big for her tiny frame and she hid her face in it so only her eyes were barely visible.

"Uhm, I was...talking to Ms. Frey," lied Luce rather poorly, but she didn't have time to come up with a believable cover story. "She then had to leave to get ready for this meeting, I suppose. I wasn't feeling very well, so I just waited here." She was hoping her eyes weren't as red and puffy as they felt-that would make for a very awkward time.

"Thank you for this jacket, by the way," she suddenly added. Luce rarely thanked people but she needed to make a good impression on these people if she didn't want to get in trouble. He seemed nice enough, anyways, even though their earlier exchange at the station had been very terse and rude.

She bent her head, not wanting to look anyone in the eye, and followed Ajax.

Thalia sprawled in the comfy chair, her head hanging backwards over it so that she could see the dining room door. She crossed her eyes with a snort.

"Why is everyone else taking so long?" she grunted to Olivia, her face red as the blood rushed to it.

"No idea," said Olivia, but she was tense, waiting for Luce to finally reveal herself again.

*Sasha's dream was a rare sight, it was, happy. Not only was Jason there, but Damian, her mentor was there as well. They were in a strange place, surrounded by six pillars. One of light, one of darkness, one of fire, of water, of earth, and of wind. Jason had a smile on his face which had Sasha smiling as well, but Damian had a serious look on his face. Damian began to speak.*

"You two have passed the first task to unlocking your full potentials, but there is still much for you to learn. The choices you make and the actions you take throughout the following months is what will make or break your futures. I wish you both luck, and remember-"

*Sasha grumbled as she was woken up by the announcement.*

"Friggin watchamicallits. Not letting me get any sleep."

*She continued grumbling as she got up out of the bed, walked out of her room and down to the sitting room, still in her tank top and pajama pants and holding her stuffed animal. her hair was ridiculously messy.*

"Whats the deal now? I finally fell asleep!"

*She said grumpily as she fell into her seat on the softest couch in the room, hugging the animal and starting to doze off again.*

"Not to be a bitch or any thing, but is there any chance of a cup of coffee here?"

*Sasha said looking up at an attendant with a slightly pitiful look.*

Ajax entered the sitting room where Olivia and Thalia were already waiting in. He had met Thalia before, but not Olivia.

"Oh, so it seems we're not the first ones here," Ajax said as he sat in comfortable chair in front of all of them. He observed the three girls, noticing Thalia had a sliver of glowing white coming from one of her eyes. He rubned his eyes, pretending to not have seen anything.

"So, Thalia correct? We didn't get to talk much at the station." Ajax turned his gaze to Olivia. "And you are?..."

Ajax once again heard Plague's voice in his head. "Watch yourself, the Thalia chick seems to... see things."

Ajax began to ask him what he meanr, but was met with disappointment at his silence.

"So what could the story about these guys be this time?" he asked in general as he took out his pocket journal. He began drawing another snake, scratching out the drawing of the evil fruit before he did. He caught the glimpse of a reptillian tail slither under a couch and quickly put the note pad away.

"I really hope I get more contol over this thing...."

(edited)

Thalia lifted her hand lazily and nodded. "Thank god someone got it right for once. Most people call me Terry or something like that."

Olivia just dipped her head, not really focused. "I'm Olivia Sommers. Pleasure to meet you." She flicked her gaze over him. "And you're Ajaz, am I right? I heard you introduce yourself to...her earlier." She gestured towards a silent Luce, who gave no flicker of recognition. She was staring at the wall as though expecting something to come out of it, her face slightly afraid.

Thalia knew that Ajax had seen her eye, and she casually flattened her bangs over it, hiding it from view. She also ignored the snake, but noted the way that he had drawn it.

"So, meeting," she said with a clap of her hands. "No idea what's going on, but hopefully it has something to do with last night. I can't remember anything, it's weird."

Olivia just nodded in agreement, but remained silent.

Seeing as no on was really interested in talking, Thalia just turned to Ajax. "Do you have any clue what this school is all about?"

She noticed the smiling man again and shot up in her chair. He just waved in a mocking manner and then walked towards Luce. Instinctively, Thalia tried to grab him, and managed to get his sleeve. To everyone else, however, it looked like Thalia was just spazzing out and grabbing at air.

The man shook her off and faded into the wall and Thalia cursed under her breath, then noticed the odd glances.

"There was...a fly," she said, then flopped back in her chair.

Edited by Raindancer

"Ajax, with an 'x'," he corrected her. Ajax looked towards Thalia again. "I hope they explain everything to us. As for the school... let's just say I think all of here are gifted in more ways than normal," he said as he carefully watched her cover her eye up. Ajax looked under the chair he had seen the snake slither under and saw a two pairs of glowing reptillian eyes. He made a flicking motion with his fingers, trying to will it to disappear. The two heads flicked out a forked tongue simultaneously before they melted away and faded away.

"Oh thank goodness it worked," Ajax thought as he looked towards Luce, who still had a worried expression on her face. He could feel something else nearby, something with a rather arrogant and somewhat mischievous manner, but he could see no one in the room who would have that personality. Ajax darted his eyes towards Thalia when she suddenly stood up and watched with amusement as she grabbed seemingly empty air.

"You alright there?" Ajax asked as she looked around.

Red opened the doors to the sitting room, he saw Sasha and immediately went and sat down as close to her as possible, "Hey," he started, "about earlier........I didn't know, I'm just so used to rich people that think they're better than me. I had no way of knowing about your.....history........I'm sorry to hear about that, and I'm sorry for judging you. If you want to talk later, I'm in room 117."

Red then, without another word, stood up, and moved to another seat where he could sit alone. He felt that by doing this, he left it up to Sasha whether they would be friends or not. He then began plucking his bass guitar, which again seemed to appear out of nowhere. He looked up quickly, realizing he wasn't alone in the room, and said loud enough for everyone to hear, "If this begins to annoy anyone, just let me know and I'll stop...."

He then looked back down at his hands and tried to remember how to play Phantom of the Opera. He wasn't sure what they had been called into the room for, he hoped he would soon be told who he was rooming with and what his classes were at the school......

As Jason was sketching out the girl he met earlier, he was hit with an image. Instantly, as if the pencil was possessed, it began sketching, drawing four pillars in a small semi-circle in front of her. He tried to stop the writing utensil, but his movements were no longer his anymore, even unable to let go of the pencil from his iron-grip. It was like his entire hand stiffened up.

"Help!" He cried out, but none heard his plea. "Help!!"

Behind her, he drew two more pillars, and a man standing next to her, tall and old, his long beard trailing down to his chest. Then, as if someone whispered into his ear, he heard...

"You two have passed the first task to unlocking your full potentials, but there is still much for you to learn. The choices you make and the actions you take throughout the following months is what will make or break your futures. I wish you both luck, and remember-"

When the loudspeaker crackled to life, and the announcement came through the speaker, the voice silenced, and his hand relaxed, causing him to throw his pencil off the wall and fall onto the ground. Breathing heavily, he sat there for a second, barely catching the announcement. When Jason finally gained enough courage, he stood up, picking up the pencil off the floor, and closing his sketching book, slipping it back into his backpack.

What... what was that?!? There was little knowledge about the Talisman in books and stories, which was why Jason was caught off guard. He didn't expect these side effects...

Taking a deep breath, he slid open his bedroom door and entered the sitting room. He was still wearing a t-shirt and shorts, not expecting to get changed for another few hours. Seeing Sasha ordering a cup of coffee, he chuckled, and joked, "Well that's one way to wake up." He took a seat next to her, leaning his elbow against the armchair of the sofa.

"Ajax, with an 'x',"

(Dat type *laughs* I'm sorry! That was a total accident :S *bows*)

Thalia flushed in her chair. "Uhm, yeah, just a fly, like I said," she muttered awkwardly, but she kept her guard up, waiting for the man to appear again.

Olivia hadn't been paying much attention to Thalia, more intrigued by the comment that Ajax had made. "Gifted, huh?" she asked with a careful smile, crossing her legs and leaning forwards slightly. "That sounds just about right."

Luce was listening carefully and swiveled her head at this comment as well, but tried not to express too much interest. She knew that she had her..."gifts", which she had demonstrated a few unwelcome times.

Ms. Frey strode into the room and clapped her hands.

"Students, if I could have your attention."

Everyone turned to face the front of the room except Luce, who was seemingly transfixed by the wall. Ms. Frey overlooked this and smiled politely.

"When we arrive at Casterly Rock, you may either go to the plane at once or explore the village. i highly recommend you do the latter; it really is a lovely town. You must be at the pier by one p.m. sharp."

She snapped her fingers and several servants came in and distributed maps.

"I will explain more on the plane. However, now is your chance to ask any questions about the school, as the plane ride will be fairly short."

*Sasha simply raised a sleepy eyebrow at Red and at what he said.*

{I guess Ill talk to him about it later.}

*Sasha yawned and smiled as she saw Jason walking into the room and when he sat down next to her, she leaned her head on his shoulder.*

"I cant believe they called us in so early."

*She said. The attendant came back with a mug of coffee which brought an even bigger smile to Sasha's face. Sasha accepted the mug gratefully and held it close to her mouth as she took small sips from the hot mug.*

*Sasha listened to Ms. Frey with a bit of interest and accepted the map from the servant that had handed her one. She looked over the map doing her best to memorize it. She hated looking at maps when she was trying to explore, so she took to memorizing maps of the areas she was going to, whenever she got the chance to go someplace new. She heard Frey's call for questions and thought of one of her own.*

"Hey, Ms. Frey? Why can't I remember anything that happened last night? Its like something just came along and ate my memories right out of my head."

Edited by David Tennant

Keren sat and listened to Ms. Frey's announcement. She was glad to hear they would soon be off the train, she felt as if odd things kept happening and she really had no recollection of what had happened the night before, she rubbed her eyes to get the sleep gunk out of her eyes. She looked around hoping to see food but didn't. She waved at the attendant "Uh...could I get some food please?" and was grateful when the attendant nodded and left to get her some. When she came back with a large omelette and some orange juice she also handed her a map which other students also seemed to have been given. The town seemed to have plenty of places to visit and she was glad to have a map so that she wouldn't get lost. She placed her food infront of her and began eating as Ms. Frey spoke to them. But then when Sasha asked that question, that she would have liked to ask her mouth dropped and she set her utensils down. She listened very closely for Ms. Frey's answer. She looked around at the room, where they also wondering the same things?

Ajax nodded to Thalia, deciding not to question her about anything just yet. He then turned to listen to Ms.Frey's briefing, whilst shooting occassional glances towards Luce, obviously expecting something terrible to go down at any minute. He then decided to give Ms.Frey his full attention, and became interested at the thought of a village to explore.

"Sweet, definitely checking that out!" he thought as he began to wonder at the sights he could see. Ajax was also interested in getting some sketches of anything interesting to add to his collection. As he thought, he again heard Plague's voice resonate within his mind.

"Careful what you think about there, and don't let anyone get to you should people choose to mess with you. If anything, immediately go to the plane," warned the hissing voice.

Ajax frowned and shook his head, obviously deciding not to heed the words of his terrifying "mentor". "Meh, what's the worst that could happen? A demonic bananna?"

His mind was the once again brought back to what Plague had told him before in his hellish realm. What could Ajax have done before that made the creature so insistent on reminding him to "be careful and wary"?

After Red failed to remember how to play anything today, a lady walked in and introduced herself, this "Ms. Frey" told them when to be at the pier for the plane and said something about a town as a servant gave Red a map. She then asked if there were any questions about he school.

Red then addressed her after another girl did, "Ma'am? I'm sorry if this seems.....pushy......but when will we be finding out who our roommates are and what our schedules are? Also, what is the schools sound policy? How loud is 'too loud?' I just want to make sure that I don't get started wrong immediately...."

Red then remembered that last night was a total blank, "Also, did you give any important announcements at dinner last night? I apologize, but I honestly cannot, for the life of me, remember anything from last night other than being upset for reasons I also cannot remember...."

Red's attention then drew to his bass guitar, "One more thing, thank you for the bass that y'all put in my room..."

Red then sat back down and waited patiently for her to get around to answering him.

(edited)

Ms. Frey held up her hands for a moment, bombarded by Red. She first turned to Sasha, smiling disarmingly.

"Obviously you were just very tired, my dear. It was quite an exhausting day, I do think. Just get some rest over the next few days and I'm sure your memory shall return to you."

She then turned to Red and frowned a little. "I believe I already answered those, but perhaps my memory evades me as well." She smiled dryly and continued. "Your rooms and timetables shall be given to you on the plane, and other rules will be covered once we arrive at the school." She stared at the others once again. "Any other questions?"

Thalia was circling places on her map with gusto, while Olivia quietly mused over it. Luce didn't plan on going to the village and ignored her own. She knew that all the others were probably eager to get out and she wanted some alone time. She snuggled deeper in the coat, feeling very chilly, and closed her eyes.

"Awwe, man, this cemetery sounds awesoooome!" crooned Thalia in an excited whisper to those around her.

Olivia shrugged. "I'm going to go to the gardens, they sound quite lovely as well."

Edited by Raindancer

"Thank you ma'am." Red said, politely. He couldn't tell, but it looked like the lady didn't really like him that much.......Red hoped that that wouldn't get in the way in the future. He then looked over at Sasha, she seemed to be studying the map very intently, as if there was something on it she was missing. He prayed that she would come talk to him later, and hopefully forgive him for his earlier...........assumption.

Wait a second! Oh snap! Prayer!!!! What about Prayer and mass and stuff?! Do they allow student worship? Do they even have a chapel, or a local Catholic Church?! Red's thoughts pointed to another high priority he had nearly forgotten: his religion. His Catholic faith had kept him strong and pulled him out of his phase of suicide and depression. He had to have some way to continue his faith while he was here. "Ms. Frey? I'm sorry, but I have one other question. Is there any sort of.......chapel or other place of worship at the school?"

Red looked around, he hoped that nobody else was paying attention. Or, if they were, he hoped they wouldn't ridicule him for opting to practice religion at a school.

Edited by Red

Keren was pleased by Ms. Frey's sensible answer, while it did not resonate completely that multiple people had experienced memory lapse she justified it in her mind that surely some other students had also been anxious before the trip. She looked down at her map but did not see anywhere she particularly wanted to visit. The other students seemed like there were places they wanted to go, especially Thalia. She seized this opportunity not to be alone.

"Uh...I am sorry I don't believe I know your name...would it be all right if perhaps I tagged along with you? I really don't want to be alone in a new place." she was talking both about the village and about the academy. She resumed eating her omelette scarfing it down before it began to get cold. She finished it off and took a big drink from her orange juice. She wiped her mouth off with her napkin and sighed contentedly. She was hoping that the other girl would also want to visit the used book store and the vintage clothing store, if the weather continued to be this cold she would need warmer clothes.

Edited by Artemisia

"Yeah..." Jason muttered under his breath. "I wonder what's so important..." He wanted to ask Sasha about the drawing he just made, with the six pillars and that old man, but he was still himself questioning whether or not it happened. He just hoped that when he reopened that sketch book, the page he was drawing on would be empty, and his session only a crazy hallucination.

He lifted up an arm and wrapped it around Sasha, his hand falling upon her naked shoulder. Even though she was only wearing a tank-top over her upper body, she was crazy warm, her skin tepid to the touch. He almost forgot that he wasn't here to cuddle with Sasha, eventually turning to this Ms. Frey as she spoke.

A village huh? I sure hope it's not as strange as this train.. Looking at the map, he scanned over multiple locations that might be interesting. A large library, their town hall... But what really caught his eye was a lighthouse, just at the shoreline and about a quarter of a mile away from the village. It was pretty secluded, obscured by a small forest in between the village and the beacon. He bet it would be an amazing sight when the sun was down.

However, they were forced to leave a 1 p.m, so sadly, he wouldn't get the chance. He then decided he would first stop by the library, and see if they had any more books on Elemetists. It would be valuable knowledge for Sasha and him. Second, he could probably stop by the lighthouse, maybe even sketch a picture or two of it.

Edited by Toothless the Night Fury

Daniel glanced at his map once, briefly going over it before folding it and putting it in his pocket. Right now he didn't much feel like figuring something like the landscape of an island out. He instead thought back to what he heard earlier, about Luce, and the mysterious figure named Julian. What he heard merely confirmed his earliest suspicions. He now knew that everyone on the train had a least some form of a mental or physical power. What he now needed to do was confirm his friends and foes at this school.

He started by locating the one person he had already communicated with, and knew at least a little bit about. He quickly spotted her, began to use his power for the first time since joining the train ride. <Thalia, I need to speak with you privately. After this meeting is over, meet me in room 113. If you feel doing so would be unwise on your part, let me fill you in on some information. I know about your power.> He said, not out loud, but through projecting his voice through his thoughts, directly into Thalia's mind.

He then walked out the door, and headed back to his room. He sat on the bed, and started to stare out the window, waiting for his guest to arrive.

Edited by Parties like Pinkie

(Pinks me darlin', please wait until I say the meeting's over next time ;))

Ms. Frey smiled and clasped her hands. "I believe I said more will be revealed on the plane and at the school." She glanced at a wall clock. "That is all the time we have for now, students. It would be a good time to prepare to get off the train." She nodded at the motley group and clicked out of the room on her heels.

As soon as Ms. Frey left the room, Olivia smiled at Keren. "I'm Olivia. This is Thalia. Sure, come along with us-anywhere in particular you wanna go? We'll have a bit once we get there."

Thalia was about to say something when Daniel's voice filled her head. Her face blanched and she just quickly smiled at Keren. "Sorry, I'll be back in just a sec."

She quickly strode out of the room and, without knocking, slammed open the door to room 113. Daniel was sitting on the bed and she promptly walked over and punched him hard in the chest, knocking the breath out of him.

"First of all, I don't have ANY idea what you are on or what the hell you just did, but that was SO uncalled for." She crossed her arms furiously, obviously very pissed. "I don't know where you got the idea that I had powers, or the idea that you could THREATEN me, but obviously you're stupider then I thought."

She stood fuming for a few seconds, and suddenly a dark shadow passed across the mirror. Thalia swore and all the fight seemed to go out of her as the shadow slowly took place in the mirror, showing an eerie, twisted face.

"Fine, you got me. So what do you want?" Her own face was panicked. "Just please, don't tell anyone..."

Luce stood up quietly, trying not to disturb anyone. She needed to get changed now, but not wanting to show her nightgown she buttoned the jacket Ajax had given her tightly. She would return it when she was done.

Stepping into her sleeper car, she headed for her bag, where her clothes for today were packed.

She hadn't even made it to the bed when she was grabbed from behind.

(I was under the impression that even though the meeting was over I could leave early. Sorry. xD)

Daniel still sat on the edge of the bed, staring at Thalia, rubbing his chest where her punch had landed. "Even If I did tell the others, It wouldn't have much effect. You see, everyone on this train has a power of their own. That's how we're all connected. This school we're going to, this school for the "Mentally Enlightened", actually means mentally enlightened. I didn't mean to try and threaten you, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. My only intentions were to create a pact."

He stood up, and walked to the window, looking out of it again. "You are one of the only two people I have actually talked to on this train ride, and so therefore you are more trustworthy than anyone else. However, seeing as how I only know you have a power, and not what it actually is, I wanted to make the terms of the pact as such: We shall know each other's powers, and come to each other's aide if it is needed."

Daniel turned and looked back at Thalia, the only thoughts in his mind about the pact. "Do you agree to the terms?"

Red opened the door that he heard the voice say it was in. Inside, he found Thalia and Daniel talking, "Um, sorry if I'm interupting," he said, "this will sound crazy but......I heard a voice in my head......it addressed Thalia and then said that it was in here......."

Red began to feel himself blushing. These two probably think you're crazy now Red.........bravo.........

He looked at the two again, they seemed like they were undergoing some sort of debate judging by Daniel's body position. Thalia's body was telling she was either scared or surprised, Red probably walked in on some sort of lovers' dispute......

"I'm sorry, you two seem to be having........a bad moment.......should I leave?" he asked them. He'd never felt so embarrassed in his life......he then noticed that his bass guitar wasn't in his hands anymore. "Where's my instrument?!" He blurted, "First it appears out of nowhere, now it just disappears?! This has got to be the weirdest thing to ever happen to a musician!" He began spinning around, as if the guitar were turned around behind his back and he had simply forgotten.

Daniel turned, surprised, as a third-party member entered the room unexpectedly. He assumed it was a member of the staff, until the door fully opened, and he saw another student standing there, addressing them. Daniel's eyes widened when the new person stated he had heard his voice. "I thought I was only projecting towards Thalia, but I guess I didn't fine tune my frequency enough." He thought, mulling everything over.

Judging the third-party person again, whom was now spinning in circles, Daniel decided he wouldn't be much threat, someone that could easily be taken out. However, under the circumstances, it would be wise to figure out his power before confronting him. Daniel's eyes widened, and he shuddered as a memory suddenly rushed towards him, originating from the fuzzy areas of his brain.

He was running, carrying his nine-year-old form through a dark, forested area, tendrils of dark fog obscuring his vision in any direction. As he ran, his little feet pit-pattering on the ground, he turned his head, staring in fear at the dark figure chasing him. He couldn't make out it's face, but it was definitely not human. It's body was made up of what seemed to be the very same fog that surrounded Daniel, It's eyes a glowing, sunburst purple. As he looked back at it, he failed to notice the tree root in his path, catching his feet, and forcing him to fall to the ground. Daniel quickly turned on his back, and gasped in a breath of air as the beast lept, aiming straight for him....

Daniel jolted back into reality. He hadn't moved, but he had become a bit hotter than normal, sweating slightly, and his eyes were wider than normal. He quickly collected himself, and turned to Thalia, making sure to completely fine tune everything before projecting his thoughts. "It's up to you if he stays or goes, you might know him better than I."

Ajax walked back to his sleeping room as soon as the meeting ended. He took out a pen and paper and began to construct some theses for a book he had been reading. Growing bored, he stuffed it in his backpack and decided to try and communicate with his hellish 'mentor'.

"So what exactly are you?" he asked, directing his thoughts through seemingly empty space. He almost yelled in terror as he saw Plague's monstrous form appear in the room's mirror.

"Human, believe it or not," Plague said as he formed claw marks onthe mirror's interior. He explained how he was bonded to an alien lifeform which increased all his abilities far beyond human limits, and even some superhuman limits. Astonished Ajax said, "You're kidding right? Explain your whole supernatural hell then!"

"That's an even longer story," Plague said. However, he immediately snarled as he felt a presence in the train. "Stay on guard kid, there's some malignant presences on this train," he said as he faded from view.

Ajax rolled his eyes. "Always speaking in riddles aren't ya?" he questioned as he exited the room to check things out.

(edited)

(Sorry, my post evidently...didn't...post. Luckily I had typed it prior to posting, so it was in a Word document. I shut Red out (STAY OUT RED) and just added it in to my new post. Sorry about that.)

Thalia cocked her head at Red. "I have no idea what you're talking about. You might want to get that checked out." Her only visible eye narrowed slightly as she tried to figure this guy out. "Maybe now is a good time to leave."

She turned her gaze to Daniel and gave a nearly invisible shrug, confused by the fact that Red had head, but a wicked grin the crossed her face and she twitched one of her fingers. Suddenly, the door slammed shut in Red's face and locked, leaving her and Daniel in the room.

"Must of been a gust of wind, sorry!" she called loud enough for Red to hear, then turned her focus back to Daniel, speaking more quietly.

"An unfortunate interruption...."

Thalia glared at him uncertainly. This guy was acting pretty weird right now, and his little telepathy incident earlier didn't really make her trust him any more.

"How do I know what you're telling me is the truth, though?" she asked quietly. "I know a few other people have these sort of gifts, but it doesn't mean we all do. I mean, so far it's only been me, you, Ajax, and Sasha who've shown anything, and Olivia is definitely not really capable of anything."

She slumped on a chair and crossed her legs, glaring at him fiercely through her one visible eye. "You know what? I'm going to trust you. That's not what I say too often, but if what you say IS in fact true, implausible as it is, then everyone's going to know anyways."

She sighed and then drew her long, pale legs up, resting her chin on them. "Well...for me...I see ghosts and stuff, I guess. And I can control them too. Anything dead, really." She looked out the window. "There's more to it, but it's hard to explain."

Turning her head back, she smiled sarcastically. "Don't look directly, okay? It gets a little out of control when I'm stressed." She drew her bangs back from her left eye slowly.

The eye was a beautiful yet terrible thing to behold. It was completely white and almost glowed, explaining the slight light shining through her bangs. But it had a strange radiation to it that drew your eyes in and dragged you completely into it.

She quickly dropped her hair back and smoothed it into place. "Yep, I can feel it. Hopefully you don't have any bad memories, man."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luce screamed until a hand clapped over her mouth and she kicked feebly as a dark hand violently ripped the jacket off her, then her nightgown. Suddenly Luce's hand glowed green and the person attacking her gave a grunt of surprise and released her. Collapsing to the floor as she trembled in her undergarments, she managed to force her hand back to normal, then looked up at the face.

Julian looked enraged. "You dare try to attack me? You ungrateful wench, I ought to kill you right now!"

His hand lashed out quickly, catching Luce in the eye. She whimpered in pain as he continued to kick and punch in a reckless fury until she was bleeding and bruised.

Edited by Azura

Daniel recoiled slightly as Thalia revealed her eye, trying to look away from it, but at the same time not being able to. In fact, it was if he could feel himself about to fall into it, before she lowered her bangs and broke his line of sight. He replied to her question. "I'll be fine. I usually don't dream anyways."

Daniel shook his head, clearing his conscious before continuing. "Since you've told me yours, now I shall tell mine. I'm currently traveling down the path of mastering telepathy. It's the only power I have, but I can use it extremely well. As you already well know, I can project my thoughts into others' minds, as well as read their own thoughts, if I so choose. There is a lot more to it, but it's hard to explain."

Daniel put emphasis on the last few words, bringing forth the notion that he was not going to give more information than was given to him. As he had learned from experience, it's sometimes smarter to fold, than to show a royal flush. He had also learned from the same experience that trust is easily broken, and extremely hard to repair. He looked away slightly, a bit sadder than he was the previous minute.

Thalia lifted an eyebrow. Luckily this guy was just as cautious as she was, but she was curious now. She had only told him a small part of her power, having learned the very hard way that even the most trustworthy of people had their darker sides.

Noticing that he looked away, Thalia didn't say anything. What she hadn't told Daniel was that she already knew what other people's powers were, but who knew who this guy was? He would have figured out her secret anyways.

She also wasn't sure of the full extent of her powers-she hadn't been lying when she said it was hard to explain. However, it seemed like a good idea to withhold that precious information until she could an idea of who this guy was.

"So I'm assuming you did some sort of weird mind thing with that cop back at the station?" She grinned wanly. "I had guessed at this point that there was more to this 'mentally enlightened' fandango. Didn't see a reason to say anything, though."

She watched Daniel's movements. Thalia was generally a good judge of character, but there was something missing here.

(Guys, just a note. This is NOT the time to reveal your powers. Sort of confused as to why Pinkie prompted this since I explicitly said not to do anything with your powers involving other people until I gave the order, but I'm tired of trying to sort all the shit of no one paying attention and let it slide. I will be very pissed, however, if you take this opportunity to talk about your powers. Don't.)